PDA

View Full Version : Droid?

Nicole Dupre
12-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Has anyone here purchased a Droid from Verizon? I'm curious to hear a little feedback on it. Is having that Lucas-arts software really worth the high cost? I like Motorola, but it seems kinda gimmicky.

http://pulse2.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/verizon-motorola-droid.jpg

I just bought a Blackberry Storm II a month ago, and I'm on my third already. The first two stopped working, and needed to be replaced. JWBL says that BB's & Verizon don't mix. I'm believing him at this point. But I love the phone, even though my luck with them has been horrible. The nice thing is, they've worked super-well... right up until they became completely worthless hunks of shit, just taking up space in my bag! lol

http://www.softsailor.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/BlackBerry-Storm-2-9550-02.jpg

bcorning08
12-20-2009, 07:01 PM
fuckoff spam

Nicole Dupre
12-20-2009, 07:06 PM
fuckoff spam

"Spam"? Your mom's worn out pussy tastes like "Spam.

Obviously you can't afford either, Holmes, which is sad considering they're practically giving them away if you have a Verizon family plan. lol

Losah! lol

praetor
12-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Can be a messege from inhabitants of the moon warning that will come here

bcorning08
12-20-2009, 07:15 PM
fuckoff spam

Obviously you can't afford either, Holmes, which is sad considering they're practically giving them away if you have a Verizon family plan. lol

Losah! lol

Fuckoff I make more than u an hour and i dont sell my ass.. and i dont care about which cell phone i got.

Nicole Dupre
12-20-2009, 07:32 PM
fuckoff spam

Losah! lol

Fuckoff I make more than u an hour and i dont sell my ass.. and i dont care about which cell phone i got.

How much can you honestly earn when you type with all the articulation of a janitor on crack? lol Most people who hold at least 6 fig+ jobs aren't illiterate retards, who mistake convos about smartphones for "spam". lol

And if you actually didn't care, why are you here saying "fuck off"? Lonely? lol

There are plenty of threads I ignore. Here's how it generally works. If you have no interest? You ignore the thread. Even the forums most stupid members understand that much. Are you that proud of being a pinhead?

"When I have nothing to say?!? My lips are sealed!"

LoveAshley
12-20-2009, 07:35 PM
fuckoff spam

Losah! lol

Ejj bitch ass motherfucker. Why don't you grown up..How old are you , twelve ?..you don't sell your ass but you do suck cocks !!!

Nicole Dupre
12-20-2009, 07:38 PM
you don't sell your ass but you do suck cocks !!!

Ouch!!! lol

bcorning08
12-20-2009, 07:38 PM
fuckoff spam

Losah! lol

Ejj bitch ass motherfucker. Why don't you grown up..How old are you , twelve ?..you don't sell your ass but you do suck cocks !!!

I don't do either... i'm sure u do both.. can I take a dump in your mouth then you can really talk shit d-bag

Nicole Dupre
12-20-2009, 07:39 PM
fuckoff spam

Losah! lol

I don't do either... i'm sure u do both.. can I take a dump in your mouth then you can really talk shit d-bagSo you get paid by the hour? Where? 7-11 or Kmart? lol

bcorning08
12-20-2009, 07:43 PM
fuckoff spam

Losah! lol

I don't do either... i'm sure u do both.. can I take a dump in your mouth then you can really talk shit d-bagSo you get paid by the hour? Where? 7-11 or Kmart? lol

Yeah I make about $60/HR at Kmart selling shit. d-bag

Nicole Dupre
12-20-2009, 07:45 PM
fuckoff spam

Losah! lol

Yeah I make about $60/HR at Kmart selling shit. d-bag60/Hr? You mean you sell crack in the parking lot? I don't understand.

LoveAshley
12-20-2009, 07:46 PM
fuckoff spam

Losah! lol

I don't do either... i'm sure u do both.. can I take a dump in your mouth then you can really talk shit d-bag

I don't do either suck cocks but i like the girls, don't you ?. Or are you a t-girl hater ?, What are you doing here if you don't like t-girls. In your dreams you think about fucking a t-girl . Nicole sucks your cock for $1000,00 thats more than you can earn in a month loser !!

bcorning08
12-20-2009, 07:54 PM
fuckoff spam

Losah! lol

Yeah I make about $60/HR at Kmart selling shit. d-bag60/Hr? You mean you sell crack in the parking lot? I don't understand.

Lay off the meth cracker.

Nicole Dupre
12-20-2009, 08:24 PM
"Cracker"? You mean you dislike white people? Is this what all of this about? Bigotry?

caliuncut
12-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Has anyone here purchased a Droid from Verizon? I'm curious to hear a little feedback on it. Is having that Lucas-arts software really worth the high cost? I like Motorola, but it seems kinda gimmicky.

I just bought a Blackberry Storm II a month ago, and I'm on my third already. The first two stopped working, and needed to be replaced. JWBL says that BB's & Verizon don't mix. I'm believing him at this point. But I love the phone, even though my luck with them has been horrible. The nice thing is, they've worked super-well... right up until they became completely worthless hunks of shit, just taking up space in my bag! lol

http://www.softsailor.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/BlackBerry-Storm-2-9550-02.jpg

Yea so I got the Droid and I would definitely give it 2 thumbs up. I went from the Blackberry Curve over to this and am happy so far. I love Blackberry and all, but you cant really compare it with the Droid.

The Droid is FAST, i mean the internet, maps/navigation, etc is 10X faster than anything my blackberry could do. Plus youve got all the apps to play with.

The screen is huge is like going from an oldschool TV over to High Def. The touch screen works pretty damn good.

I use my phone a lot for Business and what I like about this is that its a computer basically. I can open any attachment no matter what format i receive it in. and I can view it (and webpages) the way theyre supposed to be seen, unlike the Blackberry you can zoom in & out to see everything clearly, etc.

The only thing im not too thrilled about is the keyboard. The touchscreen is a bit tedious if your gonna do heavy duty txting or long emails. The actual keyboard isnt the best either. The buttons arent raised and the position is mildly akward for your hands, especially coming from the Blackberry which is the best for typing that Ive come across.

Overall, its basically an IPhone for Verizon without the shitty AT&T coverage and service. Did a speed test with a friends Iphone and the Droid loaded pages faster. More apps coming out everyday too...so if your thinking about it...BUY IT.

fred41
12-20-2009, 08:37 PM
..Anyone here compare the Droid to the Eris?

Nicole Dupre
12-20-2009, 08:54 PM

Yea so I got the Droid and I would definitely give it 2 thumbs up. I went from the Blackberry Curve over to this and am happy so far. I love Blackberry and all, but you cant really compare it with the Droid.

The Droid is FAST, i mean the internet, maps/navigation, etc is 10X faster than anything my blackberry could do. Plus youve got all the apps to play with.

The screen is huge is like going from an oldschool TV over to High Def. The touch screen works pretty damn good.

I use my phone a lot for Business and what I like about this is that its a computer basically. I can open any attachment no matter what format i receive it in. and I can view it (and webpages) the way theyre supposed to be seen, unlike the Blackberry you can zoom in & out to see everything clearly, etc.

The only thing im not too thrilled about is the keyboard. The touchscreen is a bit tedious if your gonna do heavy duty txting or long emails. The actual keyboard isnt the best either. The buttons arent raised and the position is mildly akward for your hands, especially coming from the Blackberry which is the best for typing that Ive come across.

Overall, its basically an IPhone for Verizon without the shitty AT&T coverage and service. Did a speed test with a friends Iphone and the Droid loaded pages faster. More apps coming out everyday too...so if your thinking about it...BUY IT.

LOL at the ATT comment. That's why I chose Verizon.

I just may try a Droid. I'm noticing that certain apps slow the Storm II down.

Btw, how many gigs is your Droid? And does the Star Wars association get in your face, or is it fairly innocuous? I don't want Jar Jar frikkin' Binks popping up to tell me I have email. lol

Nicole Dupre
12-20-2009, 08:56 PM
What pisses me off is how Verizon put the Storm II out right before the Droid. I hate that bullshit.

evilernie
12-20-2009, 08:56 PM
I am looking at the droid too. My job calls for me to in front of the computer the whole day so I don't see using it too much for internet. I'm with AT&T, which means I can just suck it up until I get home.

However, I do want apps. Calendar and email sync. Almost all phones have it. The android will just open up to whole a lot of things that I don't know I need. I like Firefox because of the add-ons.

So to get to my point, the Droid is just too bulky.

If you just want the phone for the OS, there's plenty to choose from.
Phandroid (http://phandroid.com/phones/)

I'm sure Android will, eventually, worms it's way to every phone. For now, this is my next phone Sony Ericsson W995a (http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/w995a?lc=en&cc=us), unless there's a crazy app that I really want.

bcorning08
12-20-2009, 09:00 PM
[quote="LoveAshley"][quote="bcorning08"][quote=Nicole Dupre][quote=bcorning08]fuckoff spam

I don't do either suck cocks but i like the girls, don't you ?. Or are you a t-girl hater ?, What are you doing here if you don't like t-girls. In your dreams you think about fucking a t-girl . Nicole sucks your cock for $1000,00 thats more than you can earn in a month loser !!

1. I don't ever pay for sex. I'm actually a manwhore who can/does hooks up with broads every weekend.. I've turned down many of girls and almost every tgirl I've ever met.
2. I make a 1000 a week
3. There's a 99% chance your a loser who pays for sex and beats his dummy 10x a day... and u probably have more hours playing world of warcraft than actually working.

Silcc69
12-20-2009, 09:07 PM
The Droid does look awesome.

caliuncut
12-20-2009, 09:14 PM
[quote="LOL at the ATT comment. That's why I chose Verizon.

I just may try a Droid. I'm noticing that certain apps slow the Storm II down.

Btw, how many gigs is your Droid? And does the Star Wars association get in your face, or is it fairly innocuous? I don't want Jar Jar frikkin' Binks popping up to tell me I have email. lol[/quote]

No, the "DROID" notification is just one of many you can choose from. Its the default and you'll leave it one for about day before it drives you insane and you change it.

I was considering the Storm II as well, glad i went with the Droid. Verizon does offer a 30 day return policy, so if you dont like just send it back.

caliuncut
12-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Oh yea and I got 16gigs currently. I didnt even look into the 32 gig, i mean i dont really use my phone for music at the moment and If i do 16gb is pretty damn big.

I read somewhere about being able to just upgrade with an SD card to 32 gigs....not sure.

AsiaMei
12-20-2009, 09:44 PM
yes i have the droid sis, i love it!

AsiaMei
12-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Oh yea and I got 16gigs currently. I didnt even look into the 32 gig, i mean i dont really use my phone for music at the moment and If i do 16gb is pretty damn big.

I read somewhere about being able to just upgrade with an SD card to 32 gigs....not sure.

yes, mines came with a 16 gig as well. to me, the droid is a mix of aiphone and a sidekick. i love the keyboard, the camera/video camera are pretty clear as well.

CaptainGeech
12-21-2009, 12:22 AM
Been curious about this as well. I am still using the original EnV. It has served its purpose and now I need a new phone. When my money situation gets a bit better I plan on getting either the DROID or the Omnia 2. Both look really good. Its nice to see some quality phones FINALLY coming to Verizon.

arnie666
12-21-2009, 12:43 AM
[quote="LoveAshley"][quote=bcorning08][quote=Nicole Dupre][quote=bcorning08]fuckoff spam

1. I don't ever pay for sex. I'm actually a manwhore who can/does hooks up with broads every weekend.. I've turned down many of girls and almost every tgirl I've ever met.
2. I make a 1000 a week
3. There's a 99% chance your a loser who pays for sex and beats his dummy 10x a day... and u probably have more hours playing world of warcraft than actually working.

Nicole posts a thread asking for info on something, not slagging anyone down(she;s obviously laid off sniffing glue for a bit) and you start shit for absolutely no reason.Not a fan of hers really, but you are a muppet.

1 you are a manwhore yet you turn all most of the girls and all the ladyboys down, do you prefer a mans fuck pump?

2 You might make money, but people with class as well as money don't boast about it. Thats why it has always been a shame to me, that in the past the only people with money had titles, now all the dross acts like the big'un even though in many cases the money isn't theirs it's the banks.

3People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Djankie
12-21-2009, 02:03 AM
haha this thread is funny

Willie Escalade
12-21-2009, 11:16 AM
While at the Verizon store, I played around with the Droid as well. Not too bad, compared to my iPhone. I'd get one, but I don't want to get locked into another 2 year contract. Plus, I'm waiting to see how support (both hardware and software) plays out.

Bobzz
12-21-2009, 07:25 PM
For what it's worth, I have the T-mobile MyTouch which is a droid phone. I got fed up with AT&T's intermittent iPhone 3G service and while the MyTouch lacks the slightly larger screen size of the iPhone, it costs less to buy, it costs less per month, has nearly as many useful and non-useful apps as the iPhone and so far, I find the service actually better, especially travelling in Europe.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Owning the iPhone, MyTouch, and the Motorola Cliq (basically the GSM version of the Droid) I have to be honest with you, I still prefer my iPhone. the Cliq is awesome because it comes with 4 gigs of ram but can be expanded up to 32 gigs with external memory installed giving it more flexibility than my iPhone BUT the amount of quality jailbroken apps on the Iphone, not to mention the quality of themes make the iPhone my favorite.......

as far as networks go, Verizon runs the US (because next to Sprint they own the towers) but Tmobile is the best GSM network in the country and in Europe.

Next month Apple's agreement with AT&T (deathstar) is up and folks think the iPhone is going over to Verizon................... highly unlikely. They would not benefit from going to a CDMA network with the level of user issues they gather daily from folks who treat as a mini computer like a toy and drop it constantly or wet it repeatedly....

T-Mobile might share the iPhone with AT&T which would make ALOT of users switch from deathstar to Tmob but then you'd have the same issue until things balanced out, overloaded networks due to popular demand of a phone and its features.......
not to mention Tmobile's usage of another 3g frequency which would almost guarantee T-mobile gets a unique iPhone for their company since they use a different bandwidth (deathstar didn't want Tmob having the same frequency since Tmob is the main seller of iPhone's in Europe and would kill their business)

Nontheless there's thousands of folks that use iPhones with Edge happily on Tmobile right now.

Back to the Droid phones..............
In 2 to 3 years the Droid apps will be able to compete heavily with the Applestore apps because developers are switching over to google and their less strict policies in what should be allowed in their store, but right now it's 100,000 apps iPhone to 30,000+ apps for Android units, so give Google time to grow..........

Last but most certainly not least.

All of you droid lovers be prepared to be on a 2nd level phone operating system........

Google is prepping their "PHONE OF PHONES" which will have its top shelf OS, a free Google Voice which when used with Gizmo5 (a company they just purchased) will allow users to basically make free calls ingoing/outgoing/and free SMS messages from almost anywhere depending on WiFi availability. This has met serious arguments from Verizon who turned down google for the phone because google needs a 3g base just in case wifi isn't available and if you're a tele company why would you want to sell a phone that basically needs little to no usage of your network? You wouldn't make any money on minutes or data plans.....

JWBL

chrisraid3
12-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Owning the iPhone, MyTouch, and the Motorola Cliq (basically the GSM version of the Droid) I have to be honest with you, I still prefer my iPhone. the Cliq is awesome because it comes with 4 gigs of ram but can be expanded up to 32 gigs with external memory installed giving it more flexibility than my iPhone BUT the amount of quality jailbroken apps on the Iphone, not to mention the quality of themes make the iPhone my favorite.......

as far as networks go, Verizon runs the US (because next to Sprint they own the towers) but Tmobile is the best GSM network in the country and in Europe.

Next month Apple's agreement with AT&T (deathstar) is up and folks think the iPhone is going over to Verizon................... highly unlikely. They would not benefit from going to a CDMA network with the level of user issues they gather daily from folks who treat as a mini computer like a toy and drop it constantly or wet it repeatedly....

T-Mobile might share the iPhone with AT&T which would make ALOT of users switch from deathstar to Tmob but then you'd have the same issue until things balanced out, overloaded networks due to popular demand of a phone and its features.......
not to mention Tmobile's usage of another 3g frequency which would almost guarantee T-mobile gets a unique iPhone for their company since they use a different bandwidth (deathstar didn't want Tmob having the same frequency since Tmob is the main seller of iPhone's in Europe and would kill their business)

Nontheless there's thousands of folks that use iPhones with Edge happily on Tmobile right now.

In 2 to 3 years the Droid apps will be able to compete heavily with the Applestore apps because developers are switching over to google and their less strict policies in what should be allowed in their store, but right now it's 100,000 apps iPhone to 30,000+ apps for Android units, so give Google time to grow..........

All of you droid lovers be prepared to be on a 2nd level phone operating system........

Google is prepping their "PHONE OF PHONES" which will have its top shelf OS, a free Google Voice which when used with Gizmo5 (a company they just purchased) will allow users to basically make free calls ingoing/outgoing/and free SMS messages from almost anywhere depending on WiFi availability. This has met serious arguments from Verizon who turned down google for the phone because google needs a 3g base just in case wifi isn't available and if you're a tele company why would you want to sell a phone that basically needs little to no usage of your network? You wouldn't make any money on minutes or data plans.....

JWBL

None the less right now the droid is the best verizon has to offer,

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-22-2009, 04:02 AM

JWBL

None the less right now the droid is the best verizon has to offer,

absolutely

but when it fades and customers who signed a 2 year agreement for it want something else and want to opt out of their contract from Verizon to use the new phone from whoever else they'll be hit with a $300 cancellation fee.........

service/phone/etc. isn't worth that kind of highway robbery

Nicole Dupre
12-22-2009, 04:27 AM
[quote="chrisraid3"][quote=JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel]Owning the iPhone, MyTouch, and the Motorola Cliq (basically the GSM version of the Droid) I have to be honest with you, I still prefer my iPhone. the Cliq is awesome because it comes with 4 gigs of ram but can be expanded up to 32 gigs with external memory installed giving it more flexibility than my iPhone BUT the amount of quality jailbroken apps on the Iphone, not to mention the quality of themes make the iPhone my favorite.......

Gizmo5 is like free Skype, right?

But when is Google going to launch their own computers and OS?

Or maybe even some Chrome add ons? lol

Beagle
12-22-2009, 04:29 AM
never had a problem here in the philly area with Att.

i love my iphone.

dan_drade
12-22-2009, 04:56 AM
I don't have a Droid, but I have used one. It seems to be pretty good too. The guy that owns it says that he loves it. I can say that it is much better than any of the touch screen Balckberry's. I think as far as the touch screen goes, it is right up there with the iphone.

I personally don't really care for touch screen phones because I always seem to make fat finger typos, and I don't even have fat fingers. So, the fact that the Droid actually has a real keyboard is a big plus for me.

I don't know how many apps are availble for these phones yet, but I'm sure there will be many more in the future.

Even though they say that "Droid Does", it don't. As far as I know, they don't support Activesync. I use a lot of Exchange servers and I really need a phone with Activesync. It's probably not that important to most users, but it is to me. So I'll have to say that "Droid Don't".

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-22-2009, 06:56 AM
HTC has a Windows Smartphone coming out this month or next with a 1 gHz processor, enjoy your activesync

I'll personally wait for the Sony Xperia X10 with Android and call it a day.

CaptainPlanet
12-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Honestly Apple just shitted on Droid and all other competitors in 1 commercial! "Can your Phone and your network do that?

caliuncut
12-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Honestly Apple just shitted on Droid and all other competitors in 1 commercial! "Can your Phone and your network do that?

The REAL way the commercials should go...
caller: Did you get the email I sent you?

iPhone user: Well, it was downloading, then the phone dropped to EDGE speed again and I'm still waiting for it to finish.

caller: Well, why don't I ju...

iPhone user: Hello? Hello?

caller calls back: I guess your AT&T phone dropped me again?

iPhone user: um... yeah.

caller: Well, I was going to suggest I just email it to your laptop.

iPhone user: um... AT&T doesn't support tethering until they can figure out a way to charge me more money for it.

caller: So, why are you still usin.....

iPhone user: Hello? Hello?

iPhone user calls caller: Sorry, lost you again.

caller: Why are you still using AT&T?

iPhone user: Because I love my iPhone. But believe me, as soon as it's available from another carrier, I'll be swi..... Hello? Hello? *heavy sigh*

Willie Escalade
12-22-2009, 01:25 PM
absolutely

but when it fades and customers who signed a 2 year agreement for it want something else and want to opt out of their contract from Verizon to use the new phone from whoever else they'll be hit with a $300 cancellation fee.........

service/phone/etc. isn't worth that kind of highway robbery
This is exactly what happened when I bought the Dare. It's a good phone mind you, but it wasn't supported the way it was advertised it would be. My iPhone is a pre-owned one, so I'm not locked into a 2 year contract...and if I can find a Droid I'd do the same thing.

Verizon always seems to bring out a better phone when you're about a year into that contract. That sucks balls. :smh