PDA

View Full Version : Any emo girls out there?

Jhellis978
11-04-2005, 03:10 AM
I saw another post about punk and gothic chicks, and while I love punk girls, not too crazy about gothic girls.

Any emo girls out there?

Legend
11-04-2005, 04:10 AM
Emo girls what is that elmo girls?

Jhellis978
11-04-2005, 04:20 AM
No one on the "Other Site" knew what an "emo kid" was either. I'll provide you with the same passage from upcoming novel:

"Any inventory of Adrian’s friends would not be complete without the loveable “emo kids”—suburban kids clad in black, disillusioned by their parent’s obsessive material desires, melancholy and angst became the fuel to drive them on in life. To them, melancholy was something real; something to grasp and feel, something that would not leave like the “phony sincerity” their parents showed. Angst gave their life meaning, a purpose to strive for and a goal to tackle.

As an outward sign of rebellion, these young men and women attacked all principles their parents held as true, hoping to send a message to the “capitalistic pigs” that governed the world they inhabited. Compassion—believe it or not—was the underlying tenant that kept their movement alive. Among the group there was a true since of comradery and acceptance, an element non-existent in the suburban home. So they wore black, got multiple piercings, listened to The Smiths and The Cure, read Camus, and became vegans. And though hygiene and tact were not virtues among this group, the “kids” really had good hearts when you consider what they came from. Their mothers literally pissed straight Xanax they ingested so much and the fathers—the fathers were non-existent—they had six figure jobs that ate up all their time.

Let me back up, I first met Hollis and the rest of the guys of Black Wave Tuscon a year earlier at an after show party at Adrian’s. The apartment she shared with Dana was the hotel of sorts for bands making their way through Tyler. Up until that night, I didn’t really know what an “emo kid” was. I sat around Adrian’s playing video games with a couple of the local punk kids when they looked out the window and saw the group approaching the apartment.

“Oh shit, the emo kids are here!”

“What’s an emo kid?” I asked.

The two punk kids quickly informed me that “emo kids” were a perverse brand of bohemians, who had an unhealthy appreciation for make up, would cry at the drop of a hat, and loved to discuss the male anatomy. They warned me that within five minutes of their arrival the topic would turn to their obessision with women’s lingerie. Those were the days when the punks and emo kids didn’t get along. I once heard Mike Ness say that he was “punk” when it wasn’t easy being “punk”, well these were the days when it wasn’t easy being an “emo kid.”

I have to admit, I never had seen so much black nor had I witnessed such a wide array of unique hair cuts. It brought me back to the days of my childhood, watching MTV, and seeing New Wave rockers sport mountainous hair. Not all revealed their hair, some wore various styles of newsboy hats with scarves draped around their necks and black, skin tight, t-shirts that exposed their numerous tattoos.

Much to my pleasure, the conversation strayed from their fetishes and turned instead to the stories behind their tattoos. One had the Coca-Cola emblem tattoed on his right arm and gave some explaination that it was anti-corporate, anti-globalization, but he lost me on it. There was Hollis with his Robert Smith portrait tattoed on his forearm. Many had Chineese symbols and astrological signs on their elbows, but one tatoo caught my eye—a pale red head, with a shirt three sizes too small that showed off the state of Texas tattooed across his left tricep, with the words “…is the reason!” stenciled in cursive across the state.

Texas is the reason! Texas is the reason for what?

Was this some profound meditation that I was simply missing out on or was it like the rest of the tattoos and t-shirt slogans sported by this band of “enlightened” vagabonds, and merely a gimmick to draw attention to their rebellion?

The conversation turned to art, economics, politics and philosophy. Part of me was enthralled, excited to finally meet people in East Texas with what appeared to be culture, while the other part of me was disgusted at their existential nature. These were the kids my parents, pastor, and Rush Limbaugh had warned me about before entering college—the liberal, intellectual, elitist that sought to undermine the very democratic tennants that had transformed the United States from the bitch of Great Britain to the lone, world superpower. They uttered the names I had been taught not to speak—Keynes, Zinn, Chomsky, Vidal. They praised the artists I had heard assailed as charlatans—Felini, Warhol, Bosquait. Yet something drew me ever closer into their circle. Surely, an “angelheaded hipster”, such as Allen Ginsberg could complete the phrase, “Texas is the reason…”

Adrian’s apartment looked more like a scene out of New York’s West Village than from the Piney Woods of East Texas."

chefmike
11-04-2005, 04:32 AM
I have a 17 year old niece, who depending on what day it is, could be any of the above....you're reading WAY too much into this....there may not be enuf drama or "intellectual" discourse on this...or moroni's forum for you...

Jhellis978
11-04-2005, 05:03 AM
I have a 17 year old niece, who depending on what day it is, could be any of the above....you're reading WAY too much into this....there may not be enuf drama or "intellectual" discourse on this...or moroni's forum for you...

Who is Moroni?

yourdaddy
11-04-2005, 05:05 AM
Actually, chefmike's 17 year old niece, has an uncle who sounds just like a little Emo kid.

Overlord Abomination
11-05-2005, 06:18 AM
Actually, chefmike's 17 year old niece, has an uncle who sounds just like a little Emo kid.

LoL

the dude
11-05-2005, 08:52 AM
this is all you need to know about emo -> http://wall.paper.free.fr/images/SailorMoon02_800.JPG

Jhellis978
11-05-2005, 09:53 AM
this is all you need to know about emo -> http://wall.paper.free.fr/images/SailorMoon02_800.JPG

What does that have to do with "emo"?

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-05-2005, 10:08 AM
I saw another post about punk and gothic chicks, and while I love punk girls, not too crazy about gothic girls.

Any emo girls out there?

:roll: Jhellis978 Where have you been hiding? LOL. Hippies is to the 70's; As Punk is to 80's; Grunge in the 90's and Goth is 2000nish. Atleast in Fashion that is. 8) Goth is just a more evolved punk. LOL. Comes with an era/trend. Like in fashion..things always get recycled and get called a newer "hip" name/term. So then Emo would be the new term we used to call GEEK! LOL :wink:

~Kisses.

HTG

Overlord Abomination
11-05-2005, 01:08 PM
http://www.dobi.nu/emo/

If you want to know how lame an emo person is click that link. It even gives you step by step dressing instructions.

rick_932
11-05-2005, 06:38 PM
http://www.dobi.nu/emo/

wow

brickcitybrother
11-05-2005, 08:59 PM
Allllllll Riiiiighhhtttyyyy theennnnnnn

lol