PDA

View Full Version : Spirituality

evilernie
12-19-2009, 03:46 AM
I wonder how spiritual is the population of HA. We don't have to discuss specific religions, please.

rockabilly
12-19-2009, 03:54 AM
I lost my faith long ago.

I prefer to treat others the way i'd like to be treated.

People get too caught up w/ the words in doctrine that they lose the message.

sugdaddie69
12-19-2009, 04:24 AM
very

El Nino
12-19-2009, 05:26 AM
The choices in the poll are ridiculous. Spirituality is not relegion and can have nothing to do with belief in a God. This is a poll about belief in God, not spirituality. Change the Title of the thread and correct it

evilernie
12-19-2009, 05:34 AM
That's why I try to de-emphasize religion. An individual's belief is personal and differs a lot, whether it's organized or not.

In essence the question is to know whether a person believes that there is more than the corporeal presence they have today.

What do you propose to change the subject to? Besides, I don't think we can even change the subject.

Nicole Dupre
12-19-2009, 05:37 AM
I believe in the Holy Trinity of Me, Myself, and I.

The 11 Commandments

1.Give unto me
2..Shut up
3.Listen
4.You shall place no cheap gifts before me
5.Go to the gym, and stay there.
6.Fetch my meds
7.Relax
8.Buy me stuff.
9.I'm going shopping
10.Excuse me.
11.Give unto me

El Nino
12-19-2009, 06:23 AM
If you can't change the thread title.. start a new thread then. This one is misleading and doesn't fit the bill of what you are striving for.

El Nino
12-19-2009, 06:26 AM
Hey Nicole, u sexy bitch... that sounds like quite the fierce set of commandments! If that was my only option, I'd certainly take the path of athiesm! But I do respect your sense of personal power... we need more of that

evilernie
12-19-2009, 06:51 AM
The options were running neck and neck before 10 est. I guess the NOs do know how to party.

I'll check tomorrow. I'm betting that this will be a no contest when morning comes.

El Nino
12-19-2009, 11:06 AM
The point remains that the options u gave us to choose from have nothing to do with spiriuality.

JamesHunt
12-19-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm a believer 8)

evilernie
12-19-2009, 04:09 PM
I would have expected the results to be more lop-sided, but I'm pleasantly surprised that faith (whether it's wiccan, catholic, muslim, etc.) is still alive in HA.

Coroner
12-19-2009, 04:39 PM
No spirituality, no religion, no faith. Completely atheist here.

praetor
12-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah i believe in spirituality and reincarnation,

Nicole Dupre
12-19-2009, 05:16 PM
My spirituality is very eclectic. Taoism or Shintoism probably come closest.

Silcc69
12-19-2009, 07:20 PM
10 Crack Commandments

Odelay
12-19-2009, 07:28 PM
I wouldn't mind religion so much if the big religionists weren't so obsessed with making it a zero sum game. Take Singapore.... here are the religions listed on the wikitravel page...

Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism, Taoism, Confucianism

Probably not practiced in exact equal parts, but probably pretty close. And probably with other equal parts of atheism and agosticism. If the major religions of the world accepted pluarlism rather than condemning it, this place would be a lot easier to live in.

Of course, Singapore practices that caning thing for minor offenses, 20 yr prison terms for possession of small amts of drugs and the death penalty for larger amts. Can't have it all, I guess. But I'm told it's very clean there and crime is low. 8)

Hara_Juku Tgirl
12-19-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm not religious but also not an atheist. I guess I'm in the middle. I still go to mass on holy days to honor & respect a family tradition. :P

~Kisses.

HTG

peggygee
12-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Spiritual, but I don't proselytize.

gotchagood
12-21-2009, 08:14 AM
Well, I guess I don't believe that something ran out, pissed on a stump and out popped people, nor do I believe that at the very top of my family tree is a ape, orangutan, monkey, pig, butterfly, cinnamon, salmon nor amoeba etc. Nor do I believe that mountains grass, air, water was the result of some freak accident that just happened to start from nothing. I just can't believe that an egg white and yoke created itself out of "nothing" wrapped itself in it's own shell incubated itself then out popped a chick that lived long enough to reproduce.

Take what you want out of it.

Have a great day all

TempestTS
12-21-2009, 09:46 AM
All the Old Gods are dead and if Jesus Showed up today he would be in Jail by next week.

yodajazz
12-21-2009, 11:23 AM
I consider myself to be a spiritual person. I do believe that each major religion is a valid path to a higher state of being. But I also agree with Rockabilly, that religious people often get caught up in the rules, and lose sight of the higher principles.

Lots of people don't see that certain religious philosophical ideas, give you a sense of peace and make your quality of life better.

yodajazz
12-21-2009, 11:24 AM
All the Old Gods are dead and if Jesus Showed up today he would be in Jail by next week.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time.

2009AD
12-21-2009, 11:28 AM
I do believe that each major religion is a valid path to a higher state of being.

Lots of people don't see that certain religious philosophical ideas, give you a sense of peace and make your quality of life better.

And many religious ideas are the causes of violence, ignorance, superstition, and intolerance.

yodajazz
12-21-2009, 11:53 AM
I do believe that each major religion is a valid path to a higher state of being.

And many religious ideas are the causes of violence, ignorance, superstition, and intolerance.

I think that it is more that some people use religion to perpetuate the negative things already in their hearts. Like some groups in the Middle East were fueding, and living off warfare before Islam, and are still carrying on the same. And if Love is not the first thing that comes to your mind, when you hear the word "Christian", then that means that some Christians are falling short fo the true Principle, (that is to Love).

Nicole Dupre
12-21-2009, 12:24 PM
And many religious ideas are the causes of violence, ignorance, superstition, and intolerance.Are you saying that religion was the reason you were anonymously being such a piece of shit towards Felecia, Braveman?

2009AD
12-21-2009, 12:47 PM
And many religious ideas are the causes of violence, ignorance, superstition, and intolerance.Are you saying that religion was the reason you were anonymously being such a piece of shit towards Felecia, Braveman?

There you go asshole, hijacking another thread. SMH. Didn't you say you believe in Satanism or some retarded shit like that? :roll:

Nicole Dupre
12-21-2009, 12:57 PM
[quote=Nicole Dupre]

There you go asshole, hijacking another thread. SMH.You mean you're not happy that I'm pointing out that you are indeed the banned ex-member, Braveman?

What's wrong? I thought we could blame this FACT on religion.

And, since you were banned here and Felecia wasn't; in essence, isn't it like you're "hijacking" our forum?

2009AD
12-21-2009, 12:58 PM
[quote=Nicole Dupre]

There you go asshole, hijacking another thread. SMH.You mean you're not happy that I'm pointing out that you are indeed the banned ex-member, Braveman?

And, since you were banned here and Felecia wasn't; in essence, isn't it like you're "hijacking" our forum?

Again, I was never banned here. Check your facts. Sorry this is not "your" forum.

Nicole Dupre
12-21-2009, 01:08 PM
[quote=Nicole Dupre]

Again, I was never banned here. Check your facts. Sorry this is not "your" forum.Then why did you call me and say so? You respond quite often to the name, "Peter", because it is indeed your name. I should link those posts, eh? Peter?

Yes, you Peter, called me and told me so. So, I'm afraid, I'm quite sure of it. I think it was actually right around Xmas time, 3 years ago, that you were banned as "Braveman", and you called me up at the number you found in my ad, and you told me so.

Nicole Dupre
12-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Didn't you say you believe in Satanism or some retarded shit like that? :roll:Nice after-the-fact edit, loser.

But obviously I know far more about you than you do about me. If that's not how you wanted it, you shouldn't have called me and told me you were Braveman.You also shouldn't have attacked my friend, Felecia, if you weren't bright enough to cover your tracks well enough.

Now get back to HD where you can anonymously shit-talk like the gay bitch you are...

... until you get caught again.

evilernie
12-22-2009, 12:23 AM
I think that it is more that some people use religion to perpetuate the negative things already in their hearts. Like some groups in the Middle East were fueding, and living off warfare before Islam, and are still carrying on the same. And if Love is not the first thing that comes to your mind, when you hear the word "Christian", then that means that some Christians are falling short fo the true Principle, (that is to Love).
I agree. I also believe that organized religion "customize" versions of their holy book for their own gain.