PDA

View Full Version : The Power Of Music (and shifty strippers)

Hondarobotic
12-04-2009, 02:58 AM
I was testing the sound system at one of the strip clubs I work for the other day (Deja Vu Minneapolis), and I grabbed a CD that was lying around. It was some Rush compilation/ Greatest Hits disc, and I thought it would be fun to crank the thing since I haven't listened to Rush since back when I owned a boom box in grade school. Nobody at the club even knew it was there, because the program music is all on PC DJ now.

It was pretty funny. Early mornings at a strip club can be very boring, but everyone really enjoyed this. The girls were dancing, the security guy was doing air guitar, and for a short time, everyone was having fun at work. There were no "guests", just us jack-asses. It's amazing the power of music can have at some times.

After I returned from lunch, I went to grab the CD for myself, but of one the strippers or the DJ had already stolen it.

:lol:

There's no moral to this story, but here's a song from that CD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tq-UsaRchI

Coroner
12-04-2009, 04:19 AM
Rush is a great band, especially their pre-1980 era. But I hate Lee´s voice.

Hondarobotic
12-04-2009, 04:39 AM
He's in the same category as Neil Young, Bon Scott, Jello Biafra, and many others. His vocals are annoying, but you get use to it.

Reminds me of a certain girl I know. . .

SXFX
12-04-2009, 06:46 AM
PC DJ?
What a horrible thought!

BrassVillanueva
12-04-2009, 02:45 PM
PC DJ?
What a horrible thought!
Eh, it'll do in a stitch. Use it with a couple of Numark controllers and you've got a pretty decent starter setup. It's no Ableton Live, but it can serve a purpose.