PDA

View Full Version : IS LADY GAGA THIS GENERATIONS MADONNA THOUGHTS?

Dina Delicious
11-25-2009, 04:52 AM
so what do you think is LADY GAGA this generations MADONNA?

Andrew Johnson
11-25-2009, 04:54 AM
No.

Can't compare her to Madonna, until she's been around for a few more years.

phobun
11-25-2009, 04:55 AM
No way. Not the same caliber of talent in any respect.

raybbaby
11-25-2009, 05:00 AM
No. But she is this generation's Lady Ga-Ga.

Andrew Johnson
11-25-2009, 05:01 AM
No. But she is this generation's Lady Ga-Ga.

...or at least, this year's Lady Ga-Ga.

Ben
11-25-2009, 05:26 AM
She's definitely imitating Madonna. And possibly trying to outdo her -- :)

flabbybody
11-25-2009, 05:32 AM
she's got a great voice, writes good songs
and look at that ass

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
11-25-2009, 05:57 AM
No

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-25-2009, 06:10 AM
Not Madonna per se but I think he has a lot of potential to be just like "Madonna". Even Madonna was quoted saying "I see a lot of myself in Lady Gaga".

I love her!!

:P

~Kisses.

HTG

Ecstatic
11-25-2009, 06:52 AM
She's a better songwriter than Madonna imho, and even wilder in costume and maybe even stage presence (kind of Madonna meets Bjork), and for my money has a better voice. Madonna however is the better dancer and is more beautiful (though Gaga has a great bod), and has certainly proven herself over a 25+ year career, something which only time will tell.

Maximus25
11-25-2009, 07:19 AM
As someone still in his early 20s, I'm going to say yes. Musically, we're comparing apples to oranges, however, in terms of her pop culture impact on girls my age she's madonna-esque. On Halloween there must have been 50 Lady Gaga's and that was one party alone. She's not the biggest pop star-that honor goes to Taylor Swift-but there is no denying that she ingratiated herself on our collective pysche. She's awesome and long live Gaga!

Caramel
11-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Great post since the since so many comparisons have been made. Yes and no. There are similarities with shock effect. "Like A Virgin" believe it or not was controvertial in the 80's. Lady Gaga's voice breaking out is more trained than Madonna's was when she made her debut but Madonna paved the way for Lady Gaga to do what she's doing now, not to take away from Lady Gaga's originality.

It's kind of like comparing Coco Chanel's Chanel to Karl Lagerfeld's Chanel or Versace to Donatella's Versace. The same spirit is embodied by both generations and it's a great thing to witness, much like seeing a torch handed off. There's no need to disect what's so obvious.

Prince borrowed from Little Richard and Jimi Hendrix. Ne-Yo, Chris Brown and Usher borrowed from Michael Jackson. Talent refurbished is not a bad thing if new artists put their own stamp on their work. Comparisons will be made for new artists forever. It's all good as long as artist like Gaga can add something we've never seen before to what's tried, true, fresh and entertaining.

BottomBoySlave
11-25-2009, 11:43 PM
For what Lady Gaga has accomplished since she emerged, compared to Madonna in the same amount of time, I think Lady Gaga has her beat hands down. Madonna is a smart business woman. Lady Gaga has a better voice.

Let's see will LGG stand the test of time.

so what do you think is LADY GAGA this generations MADONNA?

tommymageeshemales2
11-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Not Madonna per se but I think he has a lot of potential to be just like "Madonna". Even Madonna was quoted saying "I see a lot of myself in Lady Gaga".

I love her!!

:P

~Kisses.

HTG

woah. isn't that typical of Madonna? Of course she'd like to attach herself, or at least highlight the similarities between herself and flavour of the month (this month we're serving Gaga on a spit roast)....and i'll take the rump of that spit roast. She has a fine ass indeed.

biberkopf
11-26-2009, 12:44 AM
I think Gaga could very well turn out to be this generations Madonna. We'll see in a few more years. I think she's very talented and will probably be around for a while.

And after all, when Madonna started out no one expected her to become what she is today. I remember when Holiday and Lucky Star came out, people didn't even know who she was. It wasn't until Borderline that most people were able to identify her by name. Back then who thought she would last?

Gaga has impressed herself on the public a lot quicker than Madonna did back then. We'll have to see what the next few years bring.

runamok
11-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Not even close. Until she's banged freaks like Denis Rodman she'll never be whore enough.

lupinIII
11-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Not a Madonna yet, she's got ways to go.

Incidentally though I'm not a big fan of the whole "_______ is this generation's _______!"

It's like when Radiohead released OK Computer everyone was saying "Wow! These guys are truly the heirs to The Beatles." It's just uncreative pigeon-holing that tends to create preconceptions about what an artist should be doing.

Incidentally I like everything about Gaga except the music which I find fucking horrible, the fact that she's kinda aping David Bowie and other glam based rock styles is cool, but the music makes me want to tear my ears off. Of course I have to say this, otherwise the ghost of Sid Vicious will ascend from hell and take away my punk-rock membership card.

This is pretty awesome though.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/254168

sucka4chix
11-27-2009, 02:25 PM
C'mon. She's just getting started. What made Madonna Madonna was a series of top hits and pop relevance for DECADES! Madonna is the last true music icon. Michael Jackson's dead. There will be no more like them--- times are waaay too different now.
But BTW, if she had wanted to, I think Gwen Stefani was more Madonna-like, as far as appeal, ability to sing outlandishly varied genres (think Madonna's Dick Tracy stuff, Santa Baby etc.), and potential to do Movies that keep her relevant, but are financial flops!!

praetor
11-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Madonna is history. :puke :puke

ptyseminole
11-27-2009, 10:36 PM
she has a LONG way to go before she can even be compared to Madonna...IMHO.

BrendaQG
11-27-2009, 10:48 PM
She has a long way to go before she can be compared to Maddona. However I can see GaGa still being popular in 20 to 30 years long after Maddona has died or turned into a prune. Ga Ga has actual talent, unlike so many so called stars these days, and she has a secret weapon. Gay fans. LGBT fans can be very very loyal and will keep her afloat no matter what.

I don't know a G or T person who does not at least find her entertaining.

underdawg
11-28-2009, 06:04 PM
She's a better songwriter than Madonna imho, and even wilder in costume and maybe even stage presence (kind of Madonna meets Bjork), and for my money has a better voice. Madonna however is the better dancer and is more beautiful (though Gaga has a great bod), and has certainly proven herself over a 25+ year career, something which only time will tell.Before I go Gaga over Gaga I'd like to see her add some muscle tone like Mag.

sucka4chix
11-30-2009, 01:12 AM
She has a long way to go before she can be compared to Maddona. However I can see GaGa still being popular in 20 to 30 years long after Maddona has died or turned into a prune. Ga Ga has actual talent, unlike so many so called stars these days, and she has a secret weapon. Gay fans. LGBT fans can be very very loyal and will keep her afloat no matter what.

Madonna had the same "secret weapon". Gaga has started out too fast. It will be a daunting task to duplicate her success, thus decent stuff will be seen as a failure, and people will lose interest as she becomes just another artist.
Talented artists are a dime a dozen. Talent won't keep you successful as a pop artist. The general public is simple minded and don't care about artistic ability, just something catchy.
Finally, most people today make some $$$ in music then move on to other business ventures.

ronniej
11-30-2009, 01:28 AM
To all of you idiots who say Lady Gaga doesn't have talent.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KG-VUpdHQ8&feature=popular

Much better than "Papa don't preach". :wink:

BrendaQG
11-30-2009, 02:44 AM

Madonna had the same "secret weapon". Gaga has started out too fast. It will be a daunting task to duplicate her success, thus decent stuff will be seen as a failure, and people will lose interest as she becomes just another artist.
Talented artists are a dime a dozen. Talent won't keep you successful as a pop artist. The general public is simple minded and don't care about artistic ability, just something catchy.
Finally, most people today make some $$$ in music then move on to other business ventures.

Yes Madonna had the "Secret Weapon" and look how long she lasted. :) I don't think decent stuff will be seen as a failure. I mean what are the lyrics for poker face? oooh uhhoooh uhh ooo ooee-ooh-eeoh. That sounds good because she can sing. Let's hear some lyrics from her.

We also have to remember not being hot does not mean an artist is gone from the scene. Not every song will be a hit. I just don't see Gaga having to become a CPA to make ends meet.