PDA

View Full Version : TITO ORTIZ VS FORREST GRIFFIN UFC 11-21-09

socal323
11-21-2009, 12:31 AM
Main Card
Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin ...Rooting for tito , Hopefully his standup got WAY better
Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs. Anthony Johnson ...Should be exciting Anthony needs to use his wrestling to keep it standing and knock josh out since he has way better standup
Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs. Phil Baroni ...Amir all the way
Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Cane vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira ...luiz MIGHT slightly take it
Welterweight bout: Paulo Thiago vs. Jacob Volkmann ...Should be a good ground battle

Preliminary Card (Spike TV)
Welterweight bout: Ben Saunders vs. Marcus Davis ...Marcus is tougher
Middleweight bout: Kendall Grove vs. Jake Rosholt ...Kendall needs it more but i see it can go either way

Preliminary Card (Non-televised)
Welterweight bout: Brock Larson vs. Brian Foster ...Brock needs a win
Lightweight bout: Caol Uno vs. Fabricio Camoes
Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs. Jason Dent ...george takes this, easiest pick of the whole entire card

what do you guys think?

dgs925
11-21-2009, 12:47 AM
what do you guys think?

:sleep

EyeCumInPiece
11-21-2009, 12:51 AM
I think Forest is gonna bust him up.

DC
11-21-2009, 10:11 AM
I hope Forrest beats Titio's stupid looking head in..

bte
11-21-2009, 10:14 AM
Tito and Anthony Johnson are my two picks for winning at UFC 106. Hopefully whoever wins the Koscheck and Johnson fight will fight St. Pierre when he wins against Dan Hardy.

Caff_Racer
11-21-2009, 11:32 AM
I have yet to grasp the entertainment value of watching two individuals punching each other in the head. And why do people pay good money to watch it? They can see the same pathetic spectacle for free on Friday and Saturday nights when chavs take swings at each other outside pubs and in nightclub carparks.

socal323
11-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Tito and Anthony Johnson are my two picks for winning at UFC 106. Hopefully whoever wins the Koscheck and Johnson fight will fight St. Pierre when he wins against Dan Hardy.

im with you on tito and anthony

caliuncut
11-21-2009, 07:11 PM
I hope Griffin breaks Titos fuckin face. He's such a cocky arrogant sob, Griffin on the other hand is the man.

too bad i prolly wont see the damn fight though.

bte
11-21-2009, 10:09 PM
I hope Griffin breaks Titos fuckin face. He's such a cocky arrogant sob, Griffin on the other hand is the man.

too bad i prolly wont see the damn fight though.

Griffin needs to redeem himself after that Anderson Silva fight. That fight was pathetic, but also reinforce how Anderson Silva is the best at what he does. Griffin needs to win this fight, but I don't think he win. Tito will win by decision.

socal323
11-22-2009, 07:19 PM
well the fights were okay.... didnt like how josh came back to win

vman2375
11-22-2009, 07:25 PM
bogus "sport"

socal323
11-22-2009, 07:27 PM
bogus "sport"

the only thing bogus is your comment.......

JINNOGO
11-23-2009, 06:19 AM
I have yet to grasp the entertainment value of watching two individuals punching each other in the head. And why do people pay good money to watch it? They can see the same pathetic spectacle for free on Friday and Saturday nights when chavs take swings at each other outside pubs and in nightclub carparks.

Go to a boxing, kickboxing gym. Go to a brazilian jiu jitsu, or judo class.

You got a bad taste from all tha wannabes that wear tap out shirts, that lift alot of weights, but cant run for shit, who acts all macho in clubs and bars because they watch UFC.

None of us are like that, trust me. Most people who train in martial arts are very humble.

Once you train you would be able to see what is skilled in a ring or cage fight. My point is that you would be able to understand it and enjoy it.

JINNOGO
11-23-2009, 06:20 AM
I think UFC is a bad promotion of the sport of mixed martial arts. MMA

Caff_Racer
11-23-2009, 12:58 PM
JINNOGO: I have no intention of "training" as you put it: I'm almost 40! It would be the best way of croaking from a heart attack! Plus the fact that my body has taken enough battering from almost 19 years of motorcycling (and I'm not referring to poncing around on "Hardley Ablesons") and that I have no desire to be punched in the head by some wannabe Mike Tyson...

EdelweissFan
11-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Sorry, but mixed martial arts is SO GAY! Once they take it to the ground, they look like they are fucking each other. Even the language of the announcers is TOTALLY GAY! It's hilarious, like "He's mounted him!!!"

I remember reading a Salon or Slate article about the sport trying to say that it wasn't as brutal as it looked and even they said that the ground game looks like two men having sex.

Also while it has some entertainment value, I just can't get over the sloppiness of the standup game. Compared to boxing, they just look so sloppy and slow. I realize this has something to do with defending against the takedown while striking, but dag, it's certainly nothing like the "sweet science" of boxing. Even the kicking game looks lame compared to kick boxing and other Asian martial arts.

I always wonder if Bruce Lee were alive and in his prime would he be able to kick all these guys' asses simply on the strike game?

socal323
11-23-2009, 06:46 PM

Go to a boxing, kickboxing gym. Go to a brazilian jiu jitsu, or judo class.

You got a bad taste from all tha wannabes that wear tap out shirts, that lift alot of weights, but cant run for shit, who acts all macho in clubs and bars because they watch UFC.

None of us are like that, trust me. Most people who train in martial arts are very humble.

Once you train you would be able to see what is skilled in a ring or cage fight. My point is that you would be able to understand it and enjoy it.

you are right on this..and it takes a lot of work to be skilled....

JINNOGO
11-24-2009, 07:49 AM
Sorry, but mixed martial arts is SO GAY! Once they take it to the ground, they look like they are fucking each other. Even the language of the announcers is TOTALLY GAY! It's hilarious, like "He's mounted him!!!"

I remember reading a Salon or Slate article about the sport trying to say that it wasn't as brutal as it looked and even they said that the ground game looks like two men having sex.

Also while it has some entertainment value, I just can't get over the sloppiness of the standup game. Compared to boxing, they just look so sloppy and slow. I realize this has something to do with defending against the takedown while striking, but dag, it's certainly nothing like the "sweet science" of boxing. Even the kicking game looks lame compared to kick boxing and other Asian martial arts.

I always wonder if Bruce Lee were alive and in his prime would he be able to kick all these guys' asses simply on the strike game?

No the sloppy stand up if from ground fighters trying to stand up.
There are K1 kickboxing fighters fighting in MMA, so it depends on the fighter who you are watching.

People who comment on ground fighting looking gay just dont understand whats going on. For example you see two guy rolling around on the ground, but I see over a 2 dozen close calls of finish moves.

Like are not 90 percent of fights go to the ground. If you dont like the ground part, then you just dont like fighting.

Bruce Lee is more mythologic then legend, due to all of the exploitation from hollywood. Sad but true

DC
11-24-2009, 08:39 AM
People who say grappling is gay have issues with there own sexuality, let a Jiu Jitsu or Judo guy get you on the ground and you will find out how gay it is when you are taking you last breath..

DJ_Asia
11-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Bruce Lee is more mythologic then legend, due to all of the exploitation from hollywood. Sad but true

You need to go back and re-learn MMA...Bruce Lee and his Jeet Kun Do is the father of MMA...

And yes in the same weight class,in a standup match he would clean house

Quinn
11-24-2009, 06:14 PM

You need to go back and re-learn MMA...Bruce Lee and his Jeet Kun Do is the father of MMA...

Co-sign. His philosophy was simple: it was all about abandoning adherence to strict forms and going with whatever worked in the quickest, most efficient manner.

-Quinn

socal323
11-24-2009, 06:33 PM
People who say grappling is gay have issues with there own sexuality, let a Jiu Jitsu or Judo guy get you on the ground and you will find out how gay it is when you are taking you last breath..

haha true stuff though

JINNOGO
11-24-2009, 08:59 PM

Dude I know this but he was not the first one with that fighting philosophy.
He is just took advantage of his fame to spread out that philsophy.

MMA evolved with trial and error. Now MMA is no diffrent from Bruce lee's jeet kun do way of thinking.

Bruce lee never competed, so we both do not know how well he would do in MMA competition. This is why I call him a mythology because people just dream too much!

DJ_Asia
11-25-2009, 08:53 AM

Dude I know this but he was not the first one with that fighting philosophy.
He is just took advantage of his fame to spread out that philsophy.

MMA evolved with trial and error. Now MMA is no diffrent from Bruce lee's jeet kun do way of thinking.

Bruce lee never competed, so we both do not know how well he would do in MMA competition. This is why I call him a mythology because people just dream too much!

True Lee did not compete,however unless he had a glass jaw I doubt anyone could match his strength,speed and skill.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/23745/bruce_lee_training/

MISTERCEE
11-25-2009, 09:55 PM
DJ...all of bruce lee's talents would be negated once on the ground...BL wouldnt last a round with penn or st pierre...

socal323
11-26-2009, 12:42 AM
DJ...all of bruce lee's talents would be negated once on the ground...BL wouldnt last a round with penn or st pierre...

if bruce lee was taken down to the ground ..it would be over
bruce lee would have to learn some jiu jitsu ,wrestling, and have some takedown defense

DJ_Asia
11-26-2009, 01:44 PM

No argument here.If you re-read my original post I did in fact state a "stand-up" match

Makeshift
11-26-2009, 02:32 PM

typical, uninformed, uneducated MMA-hater opinion. carry on trolling. :roll:

Makeshift
11-26-2009, 02:33 PM

No argument here.If you re-read my original post I did in fact state a "stand-up" match

k1 rules? yeah no question.

DJ_Asia
11-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Though its hard for anyone to think that had Bruce came up today in his prime he wouldnt have added BJJ to his vast repetoire of skills.His discipline,philosophies and training were/are unparalled.The fact is BJJ didnt gain a foothold outside of Brasil til after Bruce passed away.