PDA

View Full Version : Saint James Infirmary Transgender Care

Saint_James_Infirmary
11-20-2009, 01:20 AM
Hello all!
I hope this is an appropriate forum to post this in, but I wanted to inform transgender sex workers on Hung Angels about the hormone program available at Saint James Infirmary on Thursdays from 1-4pm.

St. James Infirmary offers free, confidential, nonjudgmental medical and social services for female, transgender, and male current and former sex workers. We are the first occupational safety and health clinic for sex workers run by and for sex workers!

We offer primary medical care, STI/HIV screening and counselling, peer counselling, holistic health care, needle exchange, food and clothing. We are open Tuesdays 1-3pm, Wednesdays 6-9pm and Thursdays 1-3pm.

Our STRIDE: Transgender program is a peer based program which enables clients to make informed consent choices about their own healthcare. Our process for hormone replacement therapy involves education, counselling, physical checkups, and medical guidance under the care of non-judgemental community health care workers.

Please call: 415.554.8494 to make an appointment with one of our counsellors or visit our website at stjamesinfirmary.org

tsmandy
11-20-2009, 03:12 AM
you guys rock!

dc_guy_75
11-20-2009, 03:56 AM
I couldn't think of a better organization to support.

Just made a small donation, it was very, very easy thru paypal (there was no commission and a paypal account is not needed)

They're located in San Francisco, btw.

tsmandy
11-20-2009, 03:58 AM
I couldn't think of a better organization to support.

Just made a $20 donation, it was very, very easy thru paypal (and no commission)

They're located in San Francisco, btw.

yet another reason I'm happy to be here. :) I am pleased with the care they gave me.

Supporting them with donations is an excellent thing to do.

hippifried
11-20-2009, 04:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUtD0xa5RTw&feature=related

Couldn't resist. :D

trish
11-20-2009, 04:20 AM
AWESOME!!! Thanks for the link hippiefried :)

hippifried
11-20-2009, 04:49 AM
You're quite welcome.

peggygee
11-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Thank you for this, and your organization is noted in
the thread on sex workers rights organizations (http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=50937)

:wink: