PDA

View Full Version : CANDIS CAYNE ON NIP/TUCK 11/18/09

socal323
11-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Candis Cayne is appearing on nip/tuck tv series and will be christians next(one night stand or so it appears) check it out below and see for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHPGiHqOmGg

Ecstatic
11-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I caught that in the preview last night. Wasn't sure if my eyes were deceiving me!

StaggerLee
11-12-2009, 11:26 PM
I stopped watching that show 2 seasons ago, but will have to check that out. Candis was great on Dirty,Sexy Money last year-hopefully she has some success with this one.
Has anyone ever seen her live one-woman shows in New York? I have heard they were terrific, sorry I missed them before she went to L.A.

TsJennifer
11-13-2009, 12:03 AM
one of my favorite shows ever!

Sunny Dee-lite
11-13-2009, 01:04 AM
AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!!!!!!! KEEP IT COMING GIRL! LOVE HER!!!!!! :lol: THE PROGRESSION OF THE TRANSGENDERED COMMUNITY IS COMING!!!!! :lol:

tsntx
11-13-2009, 06:48 AM
well seeing as how he figured out fanke jensons a dude i dont see how they wuld incorprate sex w/ candis any further then they did w/ her

MRSJHANIAHLOVE
11-13-2009, 10:19 AM
well seeing as how he figured out fanke jensons a dude i dont see how they wuld incorprate sex w/ candis any further then they did w/ herLOL tryna be lady gaga now huh! :lol:

Richctdude
11-13-2009, 03:30 PM
love niptuck best show ever

socal323
11-13-2009, 07:39 PM
and she is looking good....

socal323
11-14-2009, 07:14 PM
i wonder how christian would sleep with her if he doesnt like t-girls, unless she didnt tell him that she was.............

jesseflo
11-14-2009, 07:21 PM
very nice :D

tsntx
11-14-2009, 10:07 PM
i wonder how christian would sleep with her if he doesnt like t-girls, unless she didnt tell him that she was.............

like i said he knew when he fucked fanke so i dont see any difference here... seems stupid to have a gg play a ts and a ts to play a gg

and no jhaniah its "carrie" from stephen kings movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlWuC8M3-Mg&feature=response_watch

http://www.costumzee.com/users/Lana417-2895-full.gif

socal323
11-16-2009, 04:09 AM

like i said he knew when he fucked fanke so i dont see any difference here... seems stupid to have a gg play a ts and a ts to play a gg

and no jhaniah its "carrie" from stephen kings movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlWuC8M3-Mg&feature=response_watch

http://www.costumzee.com/users/Lana417-2895-full.gif

yea it is a bit stupid playing the opposite

mcholmes
11-16-2009, 09:50 AM
For a show that jumped the shark for this entire season, Ms Cayne may be the only thing they could add which might make me tune in again...
no, let me restate that, Now i won't miss it..

BellaBellucci
11-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Candis Cayne is overrated. I'm sorry but it's true. She's yet another transwoman that I don't feel represents the depth of our demographic and is only marginally talented. In short, she's merely a gimmick.

~BB~

mcholmes
11-16-2009, 11:29 AM
The gimmic of course being that she's drop dead gorgeous, feminine and is a fantastic ambassador for the entire TG Community...
That the kind of gimmic you mean?

rocklob
11-16-2009, 10:29 PM
Christian will sleep with anyone! And Candis is not exactly ANYONE! She's hot beyond words!

BellaBellucci
11-16-2009, 10:35 PM
The gimmic of course being that she's drop dead gorgeous, feminine and is a fantastic ambassador for the entire TG Community...

If you say so. I actually find her a bit overdone and queenish. TS women come from places other than the drag scene ya know? That said, she's a great ambassador for that aspect of the community but I don't feel she's a good overall representation of the TS demographic. That's just my opinion.

~BB~

tsntx
11-16-2009, 10:45 PM

If you say so. I actually find her a bit overdone and queenish. TS women come from places other than the drag scene ya know? That said, she's a great ambassador for that aspect of the community but I don't feel she's a good overall representation of the TS demographic. That's just my opinion.

~BB~

ok you gave your opinion... now give an example of someone that you do feel best represents the community as a whole

from the interviews ive seen her give to major outlets shes incredibly well spoken, articulated, and she really is beautiful

BellaBellucci
11-16-2009, 10:57 PM

~BB~

ok you gave your opinion... now give an example of someone that you do feel best represents the community as a whole

from the interviews ive seen her give to major outlets shes incredibly well spoken, articulated, and she really is beautiful

Hmm. Well it's not that I don't agree with you but to be honest I don't think any one woman could ever represent all of us. People talk about Callie and Candis as if they're the saviors of transsexuals everywhere because they're actresses but I think we all need to stop piling our eggs in the glam basket and start realizing that we need multiple women in the spotlight in order to portray the multitude of paths we choose to take. There are queens and other TS performers, 'normal' TS's with regular jobs and families, post-ops who are totally stealth, etc. and they all deserve representation.

I think we need to stop idolizing transwomen in the media for their glamor and I think the media needs to stop pigeonholing us for it. The fact that so many girls see competitive glam as their only ticket to womanhood is disappointing. When are we going to see more transsexual politicians, news reporters/anchors, or CEO's? The irony is that GG's have always had the same issue and we should all be taking a lesson from that. Maybe we can someday transcend it for the betterment of ALL types of women.

~BB~

Princessolga
11-18-2009, 01:36 AM
is she post-op ???

socal323
11-18-2009, 06:13 PM
yea she is

tsntx
11-19-2009, 05:59 AM
well that was "different"

i mean in reality it wasnt that shocking or at least not as shocking as it couldda been

yawn

tsntx
11-19-2009, 07:26 AM
obviously the feeling is mutual seeing as how this thread was busier before it aired

Coroner
11-19-2009, 10:34 AM
well seeing as how he figured out fanke jensons a dude i dont see how they wuld incorprate sex w/ candis any further then they did w/ her

You mean Famke Janssen?

Ecstatic
11-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Well I though Candis was as gorgeous and elegant and talented as ever, but her character threw me for a loop when she told Christian she wanted to reverse her SRS. Did not see that coming. I wonder how she felt playing that role? Are they running out of "tranny tricks" for shock value? Comments?

Also found it hard to believe that Christian, being the talented plastic surgeon he is, did not clock her early on or while they were screwing. You'd think there'd be all sorts of subtle things that he would pick up on professionally...or maybe he was simply too distracted (I know I would be).

tuwaverunner
11-19-2009, 08:45 PM
I did not like the negative spin they put on her character when speaking with Christian after the secret was out

socal323
11-19-2009, 09:56 PM
she looks good before the surgery on the show

tsntx
11-20-2009, 06:27 AM

You mean Famke Janssen?

yes

dc_guy_75
11-20-2009, 06:43 AM
It wasn't enjoyable seeing Candis in drag, Nip/Tuck jumped the shark a long time ago.

She looked very good as a woman nonetheless.

I can't imagine she enjoyed the character tho.

tsntx
11-20-2009, 08:20 AM
It wasn't enjoyable seeing Candis in drag, Nip/Tuck jumped the shark a long time ago.

She looked very good as a woman nonetheless.

I can't imagine she enjoyed the character tho.

i dont see her as the type to take on a role she doesnt like

if u listen to the lines... it was all about explaining her POV on having surg to become the person on the outside that you already are on the inside

to do that w/ her as a character.... she would have to be a m2f wanting to become an f2m

still.... as someone said... they went off the deep end seasons ago.... i was at best buy buying the new gone w/ the wind set and all seasons of N/T were $15.... i picked them all up, dug through the bin to get them all shortly b4 i dumped them all right back in when i came to my sences

TsVanessa69
05-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Candis Cayne is overrated. I'm sorry but it's true. She's yet another transwoman that I don't feel represents the depth of our demographic and is only marginally talented. In short, she's merely a gimmick.

~BB~
I would totally have to disagree.
Candis has dancing skills, acting skils and a look that main stream America needed to see.

TsVanessa69
05-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Well I though Candis was as gorgeous and elegant and talented as ever, but her character threw me for a loop when she told Christian she wanted to reverse her SRS. Did not see that coming. I wonder how she felt playing that role? Are they running out of "tranny tricks" for shock value? Comments?

Also found it hard to believe that Christian, being the talented plastic surgeon he is, did not clock her early on or while they were screwing. You'd think there'd be all sorts of subtle things that he would pick up on professionally...or maybe he was simply too distracted (I know I would be).
Its TV duhhhh

bte
05-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Candis has dancing skills, acting skils and a look that main stream America needed to see.

Vanessa, I would have to co-sign on your statement as well. I don't think Candis is a gimmick at all.

TsVanessa69
05-30-2010, 10:26 PM

~BB~
We are very diverse, so no one ts would ever be abled to represent the entire TS demograpic.

BellaBellucci
05-30-2010, 10:50 PM

I have to admit: I'm a tough critic, but time will tell I guess. If she's given more opportunities to show us what she's got then maybe I'll change my mind.

~BB~

bte
05-30-2010, 10:53 PM
I have to admit: I'm a tough critic, but time will tell I guess. If she's given more opportunities to show us what she's got then maybe I'll change my mind.

~BB~

She has said before that she doesn't want to be a spokesperson for TS community. In my opinion, she probably helped change some people idea of trans people with her role on Dirty Sexy Money.

TsVanessa69
05-30-2010, 11:13 PM

~BB~
Having worked with her, and seeing all she has done since BEFORE she transitioned, I know she is more than a gimmick! She is taking us to a level we long neede to be, showing the world we are more than fuck toys or dudes in wigs. She is professional, articulate and always a lady. You have to give props where props are due.

BellaBellucci
05-31-2010, 01:30 AM
We are very diverse, so no one ts would ever be abled to represent the entire TS demograpic.

True, but it's because the community is so diverse that it makes it difficult for outsiders to understand us. They expect most minority groups to provide them representatives and we can't have thousands of them, so I think we should be very selective before putting any candidates on a pedestal, especially when they don't want to be there as Candis has stated.

Like I said, I'm a tough critic, that's all. It's nothing personal or anything. I'm just really, really picky when it comes to selecting people who I think would do us proud in the eyes of the world at large and I don't agree with the idea that so many transwomen have that it should be an entertainer. For me a trans role model or representative would have to be a kind of cross between Candis and Amanda Simpson (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2010/01/president-obama-names-transgender-appointee-to-commerce-department.html).

~BB~

beatlephil
06-16-2012, 03:27 AM
Ditto.