PDA

View Full Version : TUF 10

bte
11-05-2009, 08:46 AM
We are now in the quarter-finals. Any predictations on who is going to go to semi-finals? And was anybody surprised by the Marcus win? I mean I knew he was going to win, but I didn't expect him to pull off a submission like that. I was impressed!

db29
11-05-2009, 10:29 AM
We are now in the quarter-finals. Any predictations on who is going to go to semi-finals? And was anybody surprised by the Marcus win? I mean I knew he was going to win, but I didn't expect him to pull off a submission like that. I was impressed!

I read somewhere that Marcus gets knocked out by Darryl Schoonover in the quarterfinals.

bte
11-05-2009, 11:21 PM

I read somewhere that Marcus gets knocked out by Darryl Schoonover in the quarterfinals.

Seriously? Well I believe too many rumors, because they said that Kimbo was going to get knocked out in the 1st round and he survived till the 2nd. They also said that Kimbo was going to win his match, so I don't know. I think Marcus has the power and sucks on standup, so far from his first match. If he can get Darryl down, then I think he will have a chance. We have about 4 weeks till we see him in action. Did you hear that Kimbo is going to be at the finale against Alexander at a catchweight of 215.

socal323
11-06-2009, 08:35 PM

Seriously? Well I believe too many rumors, because they said that Kimbo was going to get knocked out in the 1st round and he survived till the 2nd. They also said that Kimbo was going to win his match, so I don't know. I think Marcus has the power and sucks on standup, so far from his first match. If he can get Darryl down, then I think he will have a chance. We have about 4 weeks till we see him in action. Did you hear that Kimbo is going to be at the finale against Alexander at a catchweight of 215.

Roy nelson will win the whole thing or at least should. I talked to him last week at badda bing's strip club here in vegas. He seems pretty confident and kimbo has agreed to fight alexander at 215lbs.

bte
11-07-2009, 12:44 AM

Roy nelson will win the whole thing or at least should. I talked to him last week at badda bing's strip club here in vegas. He seems pretty confident and kimbo has agreed to fight alexander at 215lbs.

I think that Roy will probably win the whole thing. He is the only one with a lot of experience. I always knew that Kimbo would be in the UFC. Which begs to question, why even go through TUF. I knew that Dana would sign Kimbo whether sooner or later. Perhaps Dana wanted to show Kimbo was a humble type of person which will make his transition smooth. Kimbo is already training at American Top Team for his match against Alexander. If he loses his match, then I am willing to bet that all the hype of Kimbo will be gone.

socal323
11-07-2009, 01:38 AM
They set this matchup because houston alexander's ground game is about the same level as kimbo's and both guys will try to keep it standing and thats what the fans want. Dana and the matchmaker joe silva are smart. This should be a slugfest. Can't wait to see it. Hopefully marcus jones made it all the way to the finals.

bte
11-07-2009, 02:06 AM
They set this matchup because houston alexander's ground game is about the same level as kimbo's and both guys will try to keep it standing and thats what the fans want. Dana and the matchmaker joe silva are smart. This should be a slugfest. Can't wait to see it. Hopefully marcus jones made it all the way to the finals.

Yeah, Houston's ground game is pathetic. Hell I got more ground game than him! I hope Marcus makes it to the finals too. I hope it is Roy vs. Marcus. Both guys have strong jiu jitsu so it should be interesting if they both make it.

socal323
11-10-2009, 01:08 AM
i hope so too....roy vs marcus would be good.

socal323
12-01-2009, 07:59 PM
roy nelson will most likely fight brendan schaub

bte
12-01-2009, 08:05 PM
roy nelson will most likely fight brendan schaub

Yeah I know. I went on the UFC forum and the cunt casseroles from Australia have been providing spoilers about the upcoming episode. I always figure it would be Roy Nelson, but never expected Brendan to make it. I have Roy winning the whole thing.

socal323
12-01-2009, 08:22 PM
yea somehow brendan beats marcus

ima place money on roy to win it

who do u got jon bones jones or matt hamill

bte
12-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Jon "Bones" Jones to win via decision
Roy Nelson to win via submission
Kimbo TKO Alexander due to strikes
Frankie Edgar KO Matt Veach

socal323
12-01-2009, 09:55 PM
i got those guys to win as well

what about justin wren vs jon madsen?

bte
12-02-2009, 08:02 AM
i got those guys to win as well

what about justin wren vs jon madsen?

They are suppose to be fighting in the finale? I didn't know that. I think that would be a good match. Hopefully Madsen learned some descent standup, but to me he just seems one dimensional. He is a good wrestler, but you need more than wrestling to be in the UFC. I would have to give it to Wren.

Are there anymore TUF fighters that are going to be fighting in the finale that are not finalists and not Kimbo?

socal323
12-02-2009, 06:03 PM
I would choose justin wren as well... jon madsens standup sucks bad

Darill schoover is fighting but dont know who...
marcus jones will probably fight matt mattrione
i would choose marcus

Brian Stann vs. Rodney Wallace
John Howard vs. Dennis Hallman
Mark Bocek vs. Joe Brammer

bte
12-03-2009, 12:37 AM
I would choose justin wren as well... jon madsens standup sucks bad

Darill schoover is fighting but dont know who...
marcus jones will probably fight matt mattrione
i would choose marcus

Brian Stann vs. Rodney Wallace
John Howard vs. Dennis Hallman
Mark Bocek vs. Joe Brammer

Wow I didn't know this at all. I don't think Mittirone is going to fight, because he basically says he is done with fighting. I read it on UFC forum or at least something to that effect. I hope Marcus Jones fights because I think he is a good fighter and all around great guy. It would be something to see Titties fight Rampage, although Rampage is retired.

socal323
12-03-2009, 08:46 AM
titties would get slaugtered..... and rashad needs a beating,hopefully rampage comes back to knock rashad silly... brandon knocked out marcus jones..hopefully they underestimate roy nelson and have him as a underdog

Main Card
Light Heavyweight bout: Matt Hamill vs. Jon Jones
Lightweight bout: Frank Edgar vs. Matt Veach easiest pick of the card
Heavyweight bout: Roy Nelson vs. Brendan Schaub
Catchweight (215 lb) bout: Houston Alexander vs. Kimbo Slice
Heavyweight bout: Marcus Jones vs. Matt Mitrione
Preliminary Card
Light Heavyweight bout: Brian Stann vs. Rodney Wallace
Welterweight bout: John Howard vs. Dennis Hallman
Lightweight bout: Mark Bocek vs. Joe Brammer
Heavyweight bout: Justin Wren vs. Jon Madsen
Heavyweight bout: Darrill Schoonover vs. James McSweeney

bte
12-03-2009, 09:30 AM
titties would get slaugtered..... and rashad needs a beating,hopefully rampage comes back to knock rashad silly... brandon knocked out marcus jones..hopefully they underestimate roy nelson and have him as a underdog

Main Card
Light Heavyweight bout: Matt Hamill vs. Jon Jones
Lightweight bout: Frank Edgar vs. Matt Veach easiest pick of the card
Heavyweight bout: Roy Nelson vs. Brendan Schaub
Catchweight (215 lb) bout: Houston Alexander vs. Kimbo Slice
Heavyweight bout: Marcus Jones vs. Matt Mitrione
Preliminary Card
Light Heavyweight bout: Brian Stann vs. Rodney Wallace
Welterweight bout: John Howard vs. Dennis Hallman
Lightweight bout: Mark Bocek vs. Joe Brammer
Heavyweight bout: Justin Wren vs. Jon Madsen
Heavyweight bout: Darrill Schoonover vs. James McSweeney

I pretty much have the same picks as well. I think that Marcus will tear into Matt and McSweeney gonna knock out Titties. After seeing the episode of TUF, Rashad needs to have his ass beat. Hopefully Thiago Silva can knock some sense into him.

socal323
12-03-2009, 06:15 PM
lol you think almost the same way as me with the ufc stuff and picks lol

u ever heard of the guy brian stann is fighting, rodney wallace?

bte
12-03-2009, 07:22 PM
[quote="socal323"]lol you think almost the same way as me with the ufc stuff and picks lol

u ever heard of the guy brian stann is fighting, rodney wallace?[/quote

I never heard of him before, but he does have a cool nickname. Rodney "Shonuff the Master" Wallace. I tend to think some of the nicknames that these fighters have are ridiculous, but his nickname is classic.

socal323
12-03-2009, 08:43 PM
just saw one of rodney's fights, he looks like a houston alexander with a ground game though..we will see how he does

the marcus jones could be dangerous for him, he needs to take matt mitrione down... thats the safest bet

bte
12-05-2009, 01:05 AM
just saw one of rodney's fights, he looks like a houston alexander with a ground game though..we will see how he does

the marcus jones could be dangerous for him, he needs to take matt mitrione down... thats the safest bet

I was quite surprise by Marcus's ground game in TUF. He doesn't look like he could be that agile. His fight against Titties was the best. He had his head in between in legs and was just punching the fuck out of him. I think that was the first time that I ever seen a move like that in the UFC. Marcus is probably better at his stand-up, but I imagine this fight will end in a submission. If Marcus does win, then he will have an extremely bright future in the UFC. It would be interesting to watch him fight someone like Frank Mir or someone like that.

bte
12-05-2009, 01:06 AM
Also on another note, if the TUF fighters that are fighting tomorrow are in the UFC, then I predict that McSweeney is going to drop to LHW along with Madsen and Wren.

socal323
12-05-2009, 08:21 PM
i dont think justin and jon would drop down.....james looks big in person....he is taller than i thought....i went to the weigh ins yesterday.... i talked to justin wren...nice dude...he says he might surprise and shoot for a takedown...i dont think that might happen but you never know...might just take jon down if he can

bte
12-05-2009, 09:18 PM
i dont think justin and jon would drop down.....james looks big in person....he is taller than i thought....i went to the weigh ins yesterday.... i talked to justin wren...nice dude...he says he might surprise and shoot for a takedown...i dont think that might happen but you never know...might just take jon down if he can

Ah dude, you went to the weigh-ins. That's cool. I wish I could have went, but I'm in Texas. I imagine that a few fighters from the series will drop down though. I have noticed that some fighters that were on TUF that made it or didn't eventually drop down. I am not saying all, but some do I imagine. Most notably Rashad Evans.

socal323
12-06-2009, 01:41 AM

Ah dude, you went to the weigh-ins. That's cool. I wish I could have went, but I'm in Texas. I imagine that a few fighters from the series will drop down though. I have noticed that some fighters that were on TUF that made it or didn't eventually drop down. I am not saying all, but some do I imagine. Most notably Rashad Evans.

yea dude it was great...i was in the area where the fans arent allowed...i sneaked up in there...plus wanted to tell roy good luck for his fight....chilling with him and his entourage for a bit...then he went straight to the palms buffet to go make that belly bigger.lol

bte
12-06-2009, 02:19 AM

yea dude it was great...i was in the area where the fans arent allowed...i sneaked up in there...plus wanted to tell roy good luck for his fight....chilling with him and his entourage for a bit...then he went straight to the palms buffet to go make that belly bigger.lol

Schaub doesn't have a chance against Nelson and his belly. I just read online that White said that Kimbo's future in the UFC depends on his fight with Alexander. But Lozeno [sic] pretty much said that Kimbo will fight if he wins or lose against Alexander. So what the fuck was the point of putting Kimbo on the show?

socal323
12-06-2009, 07:29 PM
wow jon jones got robbed.......he was destroying matt hamill....they should of stopped it earlier..... at least roy came thru......marcus jones had some sorry standup....

bte
12-06-2009, 09:45 PM
wow jon jones got robbed.......he was destroying matt hamill....they should of stopped it earlier..... at least roy came thru......marcus jones had some sorry standup....

Hell yeah Jon got robbed, but thats okay. Everyone knew that Jon won and that Steve M. should have stopped the fight sooner. That dumbass is going to say to Hamill "Are you okay?" Its like, bitch he's fucking deaf. Steve M. should not ref in the UFC period. He fucking sucks. The only good ref is Herb Dean.

I knew Roy had it. Also what the fuck is up with Brendon's nickname, The Hybrid? Are you serious? He should have came up with a better nickname, because that nickname sucks. I thought Roy was going to put him in a cruifix and just pound him like he did to Kimbo and McSweeney.

Speaking of Kimbo, that fight just sucked. Alexander in the first round sucked. Kimbo showed improvement with the ground game, but if you notice at one point in the match when Kimbo fell. Houston hit Kimbo on the leg and Kimbo fell, now why didn't Houston capitalize on that? Immediately after the fight, I thought that Houston took some kind of money to make the fight last longer. I mean Houston only has one fight left on his contract, so I think he took some money to just prolong the match. I mean its not the first time that someone took money under the table for a match, it happens all the time in sports. In Houston's other matches, he comes out swinging but not in this match. It might be cause he has respect for Kimbo's power or who knows.

Marcus Jones needs to go back to the drawing board on his standup. I think the guy is cool and I wish him best, but he is never going to go anywhere as long as he has the stand-up on a 10 year old.

socal323
12-07-2009, 12:29 AM
you are right.....steve mazaggatti was wack...he should of stopped it sooner...a lot of people lost money on that fight...and so did i ....wtf
jon bones has potential to give anderson silva some trouble in the future if silva ever fights at 205 again...

kimbo showed some improvement in the ground..that slam he did was great...the weight cutting got to him though...i just realized it...no wonder his cardio was off...now he needs to go back to his regular weight and from there on he shouldn't tire as fast.....houston was tired too and he should of capitalized when kimbo fell....kimbo's legs arent the strongest...i think houston took some money to make it a close fight....

marcus looks stiff and needs to loosen up... lost money on that dummy as well....he should of pulled guard instead of standing up with matt...

bte
12-08-2009, 12:00 AM
I honestly believe that Jon Jones could take Anderson Silva. I think people make Anderson Silva some unbeatable force in the UFC, but he can beat. I think Jon Jones is the type of guy that can give him a run for his money. I believe that Anderson will fight at 205, because he pretty much cleaned house in the middleweight divison.

Steve Mazagatti is just a fuckthwart. As I said, Herb Dean is the only good ref and John Rosenthal and Mario Yamasaki. I wish they bring back Big John McCartney. I thought he was always a good ref.

Kimbo needs to go back to his original weight and continue to work on his skills. His ground game was good, but I think he could be better. He could be a force in the HW division if he continues to work. Hell, Marcus could be a force too if he realizes that his only strong point is the ground. He shouldn't stand up just use his power and get the person on the ground and just pound.

By the way, have you heard of Bobby Lashley? He is a pro-wrestler that has a couple of MMA bouts under his belt. Hopefully he can be the next Brock Lesnar.

socal323
12-08-2009, 05:31 PM
yea i heard of bobby lashley..... dont care too much of wwe fake wrestlers anymore....but yea he is a good wrestler....and huge guy...