PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Listen To Howard Stern Anymore???

Dino Velvet
11-03-2009, 12:19 AM
I used to be a huge Howard Stern fan in the 1990s. I lived in Hollywood and was morning manager at a Santa Monica gym and started my shift at 5AM. I would listen to about 45 minutes of the show and always enjoyed my drive to work. The Stern show was so funny back then. I stuck with the show until about the time Jackie Martling left. I always thought Jackie was funny and I even bought his CDs. But around this time, I thought Howard was really tanking and was more of an ass kissing session from his employees towards him. I also never got into getting chicks naked on the radio. One thing I did enjoy was the show on E Channel.

Who listens to Howard Stern now and how do you compare him now to about 15 years ago? Does he still have a lot of listeners?

trish
11-03-2009, 12:20 AM
Howard who??

bte
11-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Never listened to him on the radio, but I used to watch him when he was on E!

Dino Velvet
11-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Also, do many of you guys have Sirius or XM Radio?

Ben
11-03-2009, 12:27 AM
Does Anyone Listen To Howard Stern Anymore?

Used to.... His sense of humor became, well, too repetitive. I think, too, his humor bordered on outright misogyny.

rockabilly
11-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Watched the E show.

peggygee
11-03-2009, 01:15 AM
I used to watch him on WWOR, channel 9 in New York, about
30 years ago, when I was much younger, and he was somewhat
amusing.

But then I grew up.

And he didn't.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/SternonLetterman.jpg

:roll:

giovanni_hotel
11-03-2009, 01:23 AM
There's no question he's lost a huge amount of audience by going to satellite radio. I used to listen to Stern sometimes, but haven't heard an episode since he went to subscription service.

I've heard rumors he might make a return to commercial public radio, but by now I think he's irrelevant to an entire segment of the radio listening audience.

Ego and greed IMO kicked ol' Howard in the ass a little in terms of his popularity pop cultural appeal.

sp fan
11-03-2009, 01:44 AM
They threw him a ton of money to go on the sirius radio but anyone knows internet is the best option to be heard and he could have made more money charging on the internet for his show.

Intrepid
11-03-2009, 02:11 AM
I used to be a huge Howard Stern fan in the 1990s. I lived in Hollywood and was morning manager at a Santa Monica gym and started my shift at 5AM. I would listen to about 45 minutes of the show and always enjoyed my drive to work. The Stern show was so funny back then. I stuck with the show until about the time Jackie Martling left. I always thought Jackie was funny and I even bought his CDs. But around this time, I thought Howard was really tanking and was more of an ass kissing session from his employees towards him. I also never got into getting chicks naked on the radio. One thing I did enjoy was the show on E Channel.

I think that's why I liked Jackie the most because he kissed Howard's ass the least. I didn't listen much after he left either. It just got old.

MISTERCEE
11-03-2009, 03:05 AM
I WAS A SUBSCRIBER TILL HE TOTALLY CHANGED HIS VIEWS POLITICALLY AND SOLD OUT TO HOLLYWOOD TYPE OF THINKING WHICH I ATTRIBUTE TO HIM MARRYING BETH..BUT HE IS STILL FUNNY AS I WAYCH HIM ON HOWARD TV STILL BUT HE DEF. IS NOT THE SAME..BUT WHEN THEY PAY U DAMN NEAR 700 MILLION DOLLARS U WILL CHANGE A LITTLE I GUESS...

MISTERCEE
11-03-2009, 03:06 AM
I WAS A SUBSCRIBER TILL HE TOTALLY CHANGED HIS VIEWS POLITICALLY AND SOLD OUT TO HOLLYWOOD TYPE OF THINKING WHICH I ATTRIBUTE TO HIM MARRYING BETH..BUT HE IS STILL FUNNY AS I WAYCH HIM ON HOWARD TV STILL BUT HE DEF. IS NOT THE SAME..BUT WHEN THEY PAY U DAMN NEAR 700 MILLION DOLLARS U WILL CHANGE A LITTLE I GUESS...

EyeCumInPiece
11-03-2009, 04:20 AM
Hes certainly not as much of an asshole to his guests anymore, age & marriage has softened him a bit. But i still love the Stern Show. Ive been a huge fan ever since i was a kid and i think the show is as funny as ever. I remember thinking the show would never be the same after Jackie left, but ive grown so accustomed to Artie Lange that i can barely watch/listen to the old Jackie era shows.

4ever_ngt
11-03-2009, 05:17 AM
I used to be a real fan..even followed him to Sirius & bought one of those lifetime subscriptions....I quit listening to Howard but still love my Sirius...I cant live without Sat radio now...& rarely if ever listen to commercial any more

rito1
11-04-2009, 05:57 AM
I listen every day. His Howard 100 channel you can listen to him 24/7. And Jackie has a show 1 day a week on howard 101. It is called Jackie's joke hut.

PSL4u
11-04-2009, 06:01 AM
Use to watch him in WWOR way back in the day. Lesbian Dating game rocked. I don't think I have listened to his show once since he went to satellite radio,

Willie Escalade
11-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Use to watch him in WWOR way back in the day. Lesbian Dating game rocked. I don't think I have listened to his show once since he went to satellite radio,
I remember that show as well; they used to air it late Saturday nights on channel 13 here in LA. I'll never forget Hooker Hollywood Squares...mainly because seven out of the nine girls were TS... :shock:

Remember when Gia Darling was on the E! show?

brickcitybrother
11-06-2009, 03:14 AM
I went from his radio and WWOR days to his WXRP and even to Sirius - but I I haven't listened in about 13months and am about to cancel my subscription.

Goldenguinea
11-06-2009, 03:32 AM
I listen to him but hardly ever find him funny now. Mostly just listen out of habit than anything else. He's just coasting now. He doesnt put any effort into the show anymore. Complains constantly that he is going past 4 hours. He got a rediculously large garanteed contract and only works 4 days a week. He doesnt have any ratings he needs to justify so why bother putting any effort into the show?