PDA

View Full Version : LTR Question (for the girls)

dc_guy_75
10-27-2009, 04:47 AM
I imagine there are some girls looking for a long term partners (who wouldn’t be), Candis Cayne and Meghan Chevalier seem to be in healthy relationships.

For me, I’m 33 now and I’ve dated tgirls since I was 21… lately, looking to settle. whatevs.

Of course, HungAngels is probably not the best forum to beg this question…. but still…

Questions for the girls: relationships?
1. What were you attracted to (besides wealth/confidence, haha)?
2. Why did you breakup?
3. Where do you meet potential dates?

It would be nice to know some thoughts…

Silcc69
10-27-2009, 04:52 AM
This can go one way or the other but I hope it goes the right way,

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-27-2009, 05:05 AM
I've thought about this question earlier today on my way to pick up my car from the shop. I was trying to figure out at what point do people settle down? And when will I settle down? Not for lack of trying, cos I have. I tried ltr quite a few times. I guess the answer to my question was the key word 'settle'. Settle with someone, amid all their imperfection. Cos honestly, if one isn't accepting of one's imperfection then nothing much is going to happen. I had dinner with my gay friend last week, who got married 2 years ago. His husband said something to me which I'll never forget. He said, they both knew at one point in their relationship, that they could do this - be with (live with) each other. So they got married.

I've changed my life around for the better, from when I was back east. My past line of work wasn't conducive in having lrt and makes things complicated. My last serious relationship was back in August 2003. And moved to L.A. summer of 2006. Unfortunately, while there are men who are interested in me for ltr, I just don't got the time right now (with my hectic work schedule), hence haven't really found anyone worthy to really get to know and settle down with so to speak.

So at this point, if it happens..it happens! If not, well I'm not holding my breath. Sometimes when you focus and seek someone, thats when you fall into something you'll regret later on.

Maybe 3rd time's a charm (when I fall for someone really deep), when I have the time..we shall see. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

dc_guy_75
10-27-2009, 06:26 AM
Hara,
Your perspective is refreshing, as always.
And "settling" or tolerating, or even enjoying imperfections is likely probably a path to happiness; though its easier said than done.
All things considered, things do get more clear as the days tick by... yup... deep thoughts.

peggygee
10-27-2009, 06:35 AM
This can go one way or the other but I hope it goes the right way,

Hopefully, not "salvagely."

:P

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-27-2009, 06:46 AM
Hara,
Your perspective is refreshing, as always.
And "settling" or tolerating, or even enjoying imperfections is likely probably a path to happiness; though its easier said than done.
All things considered, things do get more clear as the days tick by... yup... deep thoughts.

Thanks dc_guy_75. Glad you agree. :P

~Kisses.

HTG

Lynzee
10-27-2009, 07:48 PM

I like a guy who knows how to treat a girl, one who takes me out for dinner and all he expects in return is a little conversation and a nice time. i like to feel wanted by a guy and i guess thats pretty important to me.

2. Why did you breakup?
Not really had any LTRs yet. have kind of had a bit of a turbulent time the last few years so havn't had the chance. but i'm open to offers.

Mutual friends are always good. i never go anywhere hoping to be picked up by a guy or to meet a guy. its nicer when it just happens.

peggygee
10-27-2009, 08:42 PM
I imagine there are some girls looking for a long term partners (who wouldn’t be), Candis Cayne and Meghan Chevalier seem to be in healthy relationships.

For me, I’m 33 now and I’ve dated tgirls since I was 21… lately, looking to settle. whatevs.

Of course, HungAngels is probably not the best forum to beg this question…. but still…

2. Why did you breakup?

Since the thread is going in such a postive manner: A potential mate
would have to be a person of integrity, honest, intelligent, sense of
humor, spiritual - doesn't have to be a Bible thumper, non substance
abuser, the rest looks, income I am flexible about, though they must be
gainfully employed, and no they don't have to worry about me seeing
them as a walking ATM, as I make my own money, legitimately might I
add.

2. Some of the relatiionships I messed up, particularly when I used to
drink and drug. A few of my relationships my mate cheated, though I
will add that I am not the cheating type. If we are not working out because
you are verbally or physically abusive, emotionally distant or unavailible,
then it's over, but I would say that I am extremely loyal, a real ride or die
chick, just don't try to play me.

Other relationships that I have been in ended for the usual reasons that
relationships end, we drifted apart, our needs, wants, and what we were
willing or able to put into the relationship changed.

3. I usually meet people in my comings and goings. I am very gragarious,
a bit of an extrovert, so people find it easy to talk with me. So I might
meet someone in a bookstore, grocery line, on a bus, train, or plane,
church, the usual places that people meet. Though I have met people
on dating sites, such as true.com, match.com, rarely on a trans site.

Oh, and the most important thing, they must love pussy. :wink:

Olivialove
11-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Good luck dc I was in a ltr for 10 yrs and it was my first and last relationship ... there r toooo many red flags nowdays with dating guys 4 another ltr.. seriously I wish u the best

SarahG
11-13-2009, 12:45 AM
2. Why did you breakup?

1- Having a lot of common interests, personality, intelligence, in that order. Nothing's worse then being with a guy you have nothing in common with, because then finding stuff to talk about becomes such a chore. Or worse, the guy hating your interests (can't stand the music you listen to, finds everything you like boring).

2- See above

3- Through friends IRL, sometimes the internet, etc. Finding people through friends is such a double edged sword. If it doesn't work out you have to worry about whether they'll go around outting you since they're in your extended social circle. Like one time one of my friends set me up with her brother, who (unknown to me) was never told by her that I was trans. Eventually he found out, which he didn't seem to mind (thankfully) but damn... that could have gone so badly. It could have fucked his relationship with his sister, and the fall out from that could have outted me to most my other friends. What a mess that could have snowballed into