PDA

View Full Version : WHY WOMAN HAVE SEX

buckjohnson
10-04-2009, 11:42 AM
I recently read the book WHY WOMAN HAVE SEX.The authors polled woman all over the world and found 237 reason woman have sex. The top two were for physical relief i.e. orgasms and for romantic love. The challenge for HA is to list the other 235, or come up with a different top two. The authors also sabotaged romantic love, something I have always demean as unrealistic and harmful for nurturing healthy relationships. I will start another thread, one day, about how harmful the notion of romantic love , mainly a white European invention, has been.

rockabilly
10-04-2009, 11:52 AM
I imagine procreation is in there somewhere.

And who doesn't love romance?

phobun
10-04-2009, 12:01 PM
I recently read the book WHY WOMAN HAVE SEX.The authors polled woman all over the world and found 237 reason woman have sex. The top two were for physical relief i.e. orgasms and for romantic love. The challenge for HA is to list the other 235, or come up with a different top two. The authors also sabotaged romantic love, something I have always demean as unrealistic and harmful for nurturing healthy relationships. I will start another thread, one day, about how harmful the notion of romantic love , mainly a white European invention, has been.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/31/science/31tier.html

buckjohnson
10-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks Phobun for the link. I am a daily reader of the Times, and somehow missed the review.

envivision
10-04-2009, 02:43 PM
And David Letterman knows the Top 10 Reasons.....

Baam !

(joke is courtesy of JF)