PDA

View Full Version : gandhi the asshole

Felicia Katt
10-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Ghandi, the Dali Lama, and Mother Teresa?? Did you want to say something bad about puppies and apple pie too? :)

FK

romeo
10-26-2005, 01:00 PM
:roll: mmppfff.... :smh
I hope that this is just a way to start another discussion and that u don't really think what u wrote :smoking

Tanabata
10-26-2005, 02:03 PM
No, he believes most of it......... I've seen his bullshit on here before. He's not even the athiest he claims to be, because obviously he thinks of himself as God. J, if you want to post shit like this about someone, at least provide us with real and comprehensive scholarship to back yourself up.

jt money
10-26-2005, 03:23 PM
BILL CLINTON IS AN ASSHOLE!!

(oh, sorry, I thought we were piling on)

Shandus
10-26-2005, 03:24 PM
Can somebody toss me a beer while I pop some popcorn?

This is gonna be worth watching!

I can hear the click and hiss of the flamethrowers already. :D

Ecstatic
10-26-2005, 03:40 PM
Ax grinding to the left, please.

One note: it would do little good to ask Tibetans how they feel about the Chinese vs. the traditional Tibetan government today, for at least three reasons:

1) There are now more Chinese transplanted to Tibet than there are Tibetans (6 million Tibetans to 7.5 million mostly Han Chinese, though it is difficult to ascertain the actual count).

2) It has been nearly fifty years since the Chinese "liberated" Tibet, so those who remember the previous government are but a small percentage of the population.

3) There is no Tibet: when the Chinese government speaks of Tibet, they are talking about the TAR (Tibetan Autonomous Region), which comprises less than half of Tibet and was created by China in 1965 for administrative reasons. The remaining half has been merged with other Chinese regions.

Quinn
10-26-2005, 03:46 PM
*Tosses beer to Shandus before opening his own*

*Pulls up a chair and relaxes while waiting for the fireworks*

-Quinn

TheAlphaMale
10-26-2005, 03:51 PM
http://www.geocities.com/teentitansnumber1fan/attention-whore.jpg

LG
10-26-2005, 05:36 PM
Oh man... :roll:

I didn't even want to comment on this.

But then I thought...fuck it.

So J, just to piss you off, here are some more Ghandi quotes:

Non-violence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

There is a higher court than courts of justice and that is the court of conscience. It supercedes all other courts.

Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.

If we want to cultivate a true spirit of democracy we cannot afford to be intolerant. Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause.

I claim that human mind or human society is not divided into watertight compartments called social, political and religious. All act and react upon one another.

However much I may sympathise with and admire worthy motives, I am an uncompromising opponent of violent methods even to serve the noblest of causes.

For me every ruler is alien that defies public opinion.

My religion is based on truth and non-violence. Truth is my God. Non-violence is the means of realising Him.

It is any day better to stand erect with a broken and bandaged head then to crawl on one's belly, in order to be able to save one's head.

Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents never revenges itself.

Truth is by nature self-evident, as soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surround it, it shines clear.

Let us all be brave enough to die the death of a martyr, but let no one lust for martyrdom.

Morality is the basis of things and truth is the substance of all morality.

Healthy discontent is the prelude to progress.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

As for apple pie, I wouldn't class it with Ghandi or Mother Teresa, Felicia. Especially when it's not been dusted with cinammon or is served without custard or vanilla ice cream. Kind of dry, I find. And once it gave me the runs. :)

Shandus
10-26-2005, 05:48 PM
Well quoted, LG.

*motions to Quinn*

Hey, the show is starting!

Daebo
10-26-2005, 05:53 PM

AMEN to that.

Overlord Abomination
10-26-2005, 08:21 PM
thank god im an atheist...

Though if i committed murder I'd put the blame on god and get away.

GroobySteven
10-26-2005, 08:30 PM
I don't know about Ghandi but on the other two:
The Dalai Lama means well but Tibet is far better off under Chinese rule than the Lama's rule, whom the Tibetan people were slaves too. They know have education for all people as well as other necessities which they wouldn't have.
It wasn't a democracy before that. As for your facts, Ecstatic about there being more Chinese in Tibet, this is similar to the fact, that a somewhere like Hawaii which many people feel was illegally taken by the US (it was) has now less than 1% Hawaiian on left, people migrate. It's very unlikely Hawaiian people would have been better off as a kingdom.

Mother Teresa, it's well documented showed little care for the children in her cause. They'd often be left in dirty diapers or area while the nuns went for their extensive praying sessions.
One of my issues with Christianity, is that it doesn't seem to genuinely care but makes gestures instead of compassion.
St.Teresa really was an cruel indidivual.
seanchai

Shandus
10-26-2005, 08:54 PM
*nudges Quinn*

Hey, did you see that big one go off? This is more fun than I've had in a long time!

More fireworks! More! More!

Hugh Jarrod
10-27-2005, 04:20 AM

(oh, sorry, I thought we were piling on)

LOL! And Bush, Bush Sr., Carter, Nixon, Reagan, etc. LOL

Hugh Jarrod
10-27-2005, 04:31 AM
seanchai, thank u...the venom and vicious nature of those who hate when u fuck with their role models is so sad, so similar to the lynch mentality and current anti gay venom that comes from religious folk...

its so easy for people to research homosexuality these days and see its not cultural and not an illness that can be cured, etc, yet its shocking to see how many intelligent people actually think its still up for debate...same as these fuckin guys, excluding the intelligent ecstatic, bashing me for my views, rather than take 2 seconds and go to google and see how real this stuff is...

just a snipet from a great book by christopher hitchens on this cunt:

One of Mother Teresa’s volunteers in Calcutta described her “Home for the Dying” as resembling photos of concentration camps such as Belsen. No chairs, just stretcher beds. Virtually no medical care or painkillers beyond aspirin, and a refusal to take a 15-year-old boy to a hospital. Hitchens adds, “Bear in mind that Mother Teresa’s global income is more than enough to outfit several first class clinics in Bengal. The decision not to do so... is a deliberate one. The point is not the honest relief of suffering, but the promulgation of a cult based on death and suffering and subjection.”

Then Hitchens notes that Mother Teresa “has checked into some of the finest and costliest clinics and hospitals in the West during her bouts with heart trouble and old age.”

Exposing Mother Teresa
by Christopher Hitchens

True so very true. Say something about Clinton or Bush and people freak. Say anything about Ghandi, Teresa, the Lama, hell Jesus and you've stuck your head in a hornets nest. I look at it this way I believe in much of what those three people did. However they've done things that weren't admirable as well. People seem to think if they look up to someone they should be untouchable and that just isn't so. I'm a big fan of Hitchens too. People don't seem to understand that you can admire someone for onething yet dislike even dispise everything else about them. I admire Castro for not cashing the check the US sends him, it's taking a stand, it's admirable. Though it doesn't stop me from thinking he's a tyrant and worthless to the world.

Hugh Jarrod
10-27-2005, 04:38 AM
Oh yeah and the fireworks....

Felicia Katt
10-27-2005, 05:52 AM
As for apple pie, I wouldn't class it with Ghandi or Mother Teresa, Felicia. Especially when it's not been dusted with cinammon or is served without custard or vanilla ice cream. Kind of dry, I find. And once it gave me the runs. :)

I think J would like Mother Theresa more if she were dusted with cinnamon too. :)

seinfield
10-27-2005, 05:54 AM
j i think you are no smaller piece of shit than the biggest piece of shit on the planet. you are out here on a ts board bringing about you personal f**ing feelings and ideology about what gandhi, dalai lama, mother theresa mean in your life. Who the fu*k asked you in the first place. if you really wanted to show your opinions in the first place yo should have done your homework on them. btw i rather live in a free country without toilets than to live in a jail with a toilet. my 2 cents on the topic.

Ecstatic
10-27-2005, 06:00 AM
It wasn't a democracy before that. As for your facts, Ecstatic about there being more Chinese in Tibet, this is similar to the fact, that a somewhere like Hawaii which many people feel was illegally taken by the US (it was) has now less than 1% Hawaiian on left, people migrate. It's very unlikely Hawaiian people would have been better off as a kingdom.
And I never said otherwise, did I, seanchai? Actually, the comparison with Hawaii is somewhat spurious because native Tibetans comprise--depending who you ask, the exiled Tibetans in Dharmasala India or the Chinese government--anywhere from 40% to 80% of the population; the figures I quoted as simply those which, imho, best reflect the reality. Hawaii otoh really has an extremely small native population (and a very high Japanese population, which had a lot to do with the Japanese claiming it as their in WWII). But your point is valid.

Yes, the Tibetan government was anything but democratic. Whether they are better off under Chinese rule is a question of serious debate which would properly take many hours of discourse and supporting evidence on either side to argue in any substance. But it does remind me of a classic scene from the second best Monty Python movie, Life of Brian, where the rebel Jews are sitting around bitching about the Romans. And what have they done for us? Better schools. But what else? Better roads. But what else? Better water supply. Etc. Great scene, I'm sure you know it, and I wish I could quote it better.

Personally I have always thought the Dalai Lama sits somewhat uneasily as the traditional head of government, a role literally thrust upon him. But I have met him twice, once 30 years ago (1977 to be precise) in a rather small setting, and as a Buddhist teacher, to my mind he is the real deal. I profess no specific religion, and certainly NO church affiliation, but I am in essence a Buddhist and respect the Dalai Lama immensely (as well as Thich Nhat Hahn, an amazing man who is not compromised by also being a political leader).

I know very little of Mother Theresa, so J you may well be right -- or wrong -- I have no knowledge of substance to base an opinion on. Gandhi is problematic: he turned to pacificism much as John Lennon did, because he was in his personal life a violent man (Lennon once commented on this, with words to the effect that it takes a violent man to understand and be compelled to non-violence). He had a questionable sexual history, to put it mildly, and certainly did exhibit many of the traits you mention. Yet he also did I think a great deal of good in his life, good for which he deserves credit but not adulation. Very few if any humans deserve adulation.

If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him.

underdog6
10-27-2005, 06:31 AM
Hmmm....

Shandus
10-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Alright! Fireworks and Flamethrowers! Yeah, buddy!

LG
10-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Kind of reminds me of the film Barber Shop, where the old guy, played by Cedric the Entertainer ranted off: "Martin Luther King was a ho", "Fuck Jesse Jackson" and "Rosa Parks did nothing but sit her tired ass down".

Now being white, I would never utter those exact statements myself, but I do understand that Martin Luther King was a prolific philanderer.

Similarly, Ghandi was not without faults either. Many people blame him for India's partition (into India and Pakistan). It is also alleged that he advised the British people to allow the German army to conquer them peacefully but to "refuse to owe allegiance to them"

And many people suggest that the Dalai Lama hasn't helped Tibet's cause, and I will also accept that there have been many women (and men) who have done as much good for the world (or more) as Mother Theresa, but their names are not known.

My problem with your rant, J, is not that you choose to question what you perceive as the myths pervading last century's best known cultural figures, but that you have ripped into them with such gusto and without providing any arguments that one has to question your intentions.