PDA

View Full Version : Is everyone bisexual?

JamesHunt
09-19-2009, 07:18 AM
“According to Freud everyone is born bisexual. Is he right?” asks tonight’s Richard Bacon phone-in show on Radio 5.

They say, “Is everyone at least a bit bisexual? Are we all on a spectrum. Is bisexuality the natural way we are? Is it our upbringing and society that shapes to go one way or the other. Or are most simply born straight or gay – and a tiny minority born bisexual?”

“We’re bi-curious to know what you think.”

http://www.bimedia.org/543/5-live-ask-is-everyone-bisexual

Audio here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mq804#p004g3hl

AverageJob
09-19-2009, 07:32 AM
If you deny youre bi then youre in denial

hippifried
09-19-2009, 07:55 AM
“According to Freud everyone is born bisexual. Is he right?”
I think blanket statements about "everyone" are incorrect.

Freud was an arrogant ass. But then again, isn't "everyone" with an opinion?

raybbaby
09-19-2009, 08:14 AM
I think damn near everything Freud put forward has been de-bunked. He may have started psychology as science, but all his theories are pretty much disregarded these days. Jus' sayin'.

Justawannabe
09-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Not everything, but a lot of it.

The problem was he was wrong on some big things and this discredited him as a source and folks started to say that anything he did was crap without actually testing it. Now that they are testing more of it, they are finding a good number of things, while said in questionable ways, was essentially correct.

On topic, I have not seen testing on this topic that did not involve just looking at pictures and using a questionable set of devices for testing blood flow. I have read about a brain scan test, but it was still essentially a picture test which doesn't allow for being attracted to personalities, but was still more hopeful that the blood flow to the genitals tests.

Bunzee
09-19-2009, 09:26 PM
we covered freud in school, i mean, he has some good points like the ego, superego and the id... but he oversimplifies things too much i think...as far as everyone being bisexual, that's just not true...i think it depends on person

MrsKellyPierce
09-19-2009, 10:22 PM
I am :)

Dirky
09-19-2009, 10:25 PM
I am :)

You ought to change your name to Kelly Freud.

Just a thought...

CaptainGeech
09-19-2009, 10:30 PM
I'd say that around 60-70% of people would be open to bisexual behavior in a society that didn't judge. Just look at all of the musicians who experimented in the past when it wasn't taboo or career killing. I think I recall hearing a story about Mick Jagger's wife catching him in bed with David Bowie. If two musicians did that in today's society there mainstream career would be over.

archineer
09-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Well i'm bi, but I dont think most men are though. With women it seems more common. It was probably part of female bonding rituals in our distant evolutionary past.

tsmandy
09-19-2009, 11:52 PM
No, but everyone I sleep with is. :)

LuciaMiel
09-19-2009, 11:59 PM
everyone is bisexual

callahac
09-20-2009, 01:02 AM
yep

Ben
09-20-2009, 02:57 AM
No, but everyone I sleep with is. :)

:lol:

But: Is everyone bisexual?

Probably....

tekraet
11-12-2009, 08:45 AM
yeah, i am bi too.. :)

blackrob
11-12-2009, 08:49 AM
everyone is bisexual

Hell No!

yodajazz
11-12-2009, 10:19 AM
I think the problem is that most people think of bisexual as liking males and females equally. But I think it has a much broader definition. I would say that anything that is not 100% heterosexual is on the bisexual spectrum.

Here's an example: I once know a very attractive woman, she had a slight mustache problem. However, that turned me on even more. I was not attracted to the mustache itself, but to the thought of her with one. In this case being attracted to a 'male' feature in a gg woman, is still bisexual. Many men are attracted to a woman, while she is dressed boyishly, for example.

I would say everyone is potentially bisexual. I believe that there is some circumstance in which the vast majority would engage in a non 100% percent heterosexual action. Prison is just one of many possible scenarios. But the actual trigger circumstance would be different for different people.

Another thing, along with this, is that I think the real meaning of 'straight', means predominately straight.

eclipsemint
11-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Yes.

Except me.

But if I was a woman I would happily be a lesbian. Pussy is fantastic.

transmaven
11-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Nah, obviously not. A small percentage of people prefer the same sex -- probably a little endocrine anomaly during embryonic development -- but there's simply no good evolutionary reason for "all" humans to be "bisexual."

Bisexuality is a social concept for human beings, a matter of choice. Not genome.

All kinds of behavior can be learned -- and be learned so thoroughly that it seems as if it must have been determined. But "all humans are bisexual" is not one of the true statements when it comes to the reality of human genetics.

But all humans can act bisexual, that's for damn sure. We even see it on HA from time to time. :P

And Freud was an enjoyably demented Teutonic Fraud.

gotchagood
11-12-2009, 05:40 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cadcad
11-12-2009, 08:27 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=kinsey+scale&go=Go

barefootjoe69
11-12-2009, 10:45 PM
I don't know why you are asking this question here?
Because everyone here is STRAIGHT!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

yodajazz
11-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Nah, obviously not. A small percentage of people prefer the same sex -- probably a little endocrine anomaly during embryonic development -- but there's simply no good evolutionary reason for "all" humans to be "bisexual."

Bisexuality is a social concept for human beings, a matter of choice. Not genome.

All kinds of behavior can be learned -- and be learned so thoroughly that it seems as if it must have been determined. But "all humans are bisexual" is not one of the true statements when it comes to the reality of human genetics.

But all humans can act bisexual, that's for damn sure. We even see it on HA from time to time. :P

Nearly all humans are wired to correspond to sexual cues. Some males give out female sexual cues and vice versa. Even male animals are known to mount other males who assume famale mating postures. So it's not as simple as one my think.

I say the opposite that pure heterosexuality is learned, from social conditioning. In some ancient societies it was acceptable for a male to take a young male as lover, even though he might be married. I'm not saying that it's right. I'm saying given social acceptance there would be a lot more people open to various sexual expression. In other words they'd 'hit it'; not nescessarily have a lover, or multiple long term relationships.

SarahG
11-12-2009, 11:29 PM
I thought everyone knew that only girls can be bi. Guys can only either be straight, or gay.(sarcasm)

scspiggy
11-13-2009, 12:26 AM
Ron White says it best in one of his jokes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKB7vAFTdA8

muhmuh
11-13-2009, 02:17 AM
Ron White says it best in one of his jokes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKB7vAFTdA8

what a load of tosh... all the guys here are interested in the girls penis size for purely heterosexual reasons

Fox
11-13-2009, 02:35 AM
yodajazz, why are you so awesome? You said everything I was going to say and a little more.

TsJennifer
11-13-2009, 03:02 AM
I dont think everyone is Bi Sexual. I think people are attracted to beautiful people in general! I have found my self attracted to other women and TS but I would never want to have sex with them! I love men too much! Everything about a man turns me on!

BLKGSXR
11-13-2009, 03:06 AM
I dont think everyone is Bi Sexual. I think people are attracted to beautiful people in general! I have found my self attracted to other women and TS but I would never want to have sex with them! I love men too much! Everything about a man turns me on!I agree with the bold that being said...Jennifer is a good example :lol: 8)

Azanti
11-13-2009, 03:09 AM
be fun if we were, huh? LOL

dc_guy_75
11-13-2009, 05:23 AM
By definition, everyone is bi, human sexuality is not binary.

Logically, an emotion like desire is a bell curve and we fall somewhere on the line.

Therefore, I consider myself bi, but the idea of being with someone who is extremely masculine is repulsive.

But its seems we all like the mix...

TsVanessa69
11-13-2009, 06:57 AM
I'm not bisexual.
I am a woman who is only attracted to men.

blacktgirls
11-13-2009, 09:38 AM

Nearly all humans are wired to correspond to sexual cues. Some males give out female sexual cues and vice versa. Even male animals are known to mount other males who assume famale mating postures. So it's not as simple as one my think.

I say the opposite that pure heterosexuality is learned, from social conditioning. In some ancient societies it was acceptable for a male to take a young male as lover, even though he might be married. I'm not saying that it's right. I'm saying given social acceptance there would be a lot more people open to various sexual expression. In other words they'd 'hit it'; not nescessarily have a lover, or multiple long term relationships.i don't no if you are right but the pic you posted makes your argument very convincing .

transmaven
11-13-2009, 01:30 PM
yoda,

Pictures are a good idea. Let's look at this one:

http://thezaz.nationallampoon.com/files/2009/08/03-tom-selleck-mustache.jpg

Now, it doesn't matter to me what sexual cues this *obvious male* might give. Indeed -- if he were to dispose himself like that languorously luscious sissy in the picture you posted, I would have to boil my eyes after viewing it.

When a male is attracted to the "guy" in the picture you posted, that is evidence for his *profound heterosexuality.* Because the picture is a caricature of come-hither femininity.

I always get such a kick out of the fag-anxiety on these forums, since, IMO, almost all the HA guys are simply high testosterone heterosexuals who crave the extreme of the feminine -- the caricature as I described above and an excellent example of which you posted.

O ye lurkers. Look at the two pictures. If you would like to slip it into that smooth-assed sissy, well, that's as heterosexual an impulse as there could ever be; but if you fantasize about kneeling before hairy-chested Magnum, then you are surely playing for the pink team. And so be it. :P

tg4me
11-13-2009, 08:55 PM
great example! I see Tom as a good looking guy. I could not kiss him though. The sexy top photo I could fuck him, but I really look at that butt and think about spanking it.
I went to a male spanking party a month ago. Figured the spanking, caning, paddling games might be fun (and free). I was also ready to perhaps get topped by a guy for the 1st time. Truthfully I wasn't lusting for anyone AT ALL ! Overall I thought it was gross. Walking up to a guy and french kissing was repulsive to me. It was completley normal for them. (my problem not their's )
I talked to a few of the guys and could easily have them as a friend, but I am not turned on by a guy. In fact as they became more "faggy" around each other, the more I was wanting out of there.
The homeowner sensed my discomfort and in private I told him about my lust for a TS, but this just wasn't translating at all for me. He was amused and perplexed. "You want a guy that look's like a girl?" I've been invited back, but so far I've passed.
On the other hand, I went to Sunny's party one night while visiting NYC. It was exciting to see Sunny and many of the hot girls in the photos. I wanted to get closer. The only turn-off for me was the loud distorted mindless dance music. Almost impossible to talk. My god I hate dance, rap and hiphop. Every TS seemed to love dancing and smoking. The girls were a turn-on otherwise.
So as you can see, the over simplification of Bi-or-not is too simple. I could possibly put up with detached raw sex, but the intimate connection with a guy doesn't work for me. Yet a pretty girl..of any type... is a turn-on.