PDA

View Full Version : anybody having problems with the new 2009 messenger?

jedimaster
09-18-2009, 03:36 AM
i was literally forced to install the latest version of windows live messenger ans seemingly you can't say no to it..... either you install the latest version or stop using msn altogether.... seemed fishy to me that a company would force you to use a particular release instead of just simply the one you like, but i checked it briefly and the "order" seems to be legit.

so i installed 2009 WL messenger and it doesn't connect, says the service is unavailable at the moment, has been saying that since ever and when i try to check the "error messages" is spits out, it is all codes and numbers and not a single friendly solution in view.

tried downloading the installer another time, didn't work.
tried uninstalling it, to install it later... didn't work, didn't even uninstall....

i'm kind of scared that it's not an actual official windows live update but a virus attack or something, but i have a fairly trustworthy antivirus and i hasn't told me of any attacks when running the msn or its installers.

i don't really use messenger that much but i kind of like chatting once in a while and of course knowing when i get an email and stuff.

is anybody else having the same, or similar, problem?

SarahG
09-18-2009, 03:38 AM
If you don't use a lot of features (i.e. cams) you may want to try

http://www.pidgin.im/

snakeviper
09-18-2009, 03:42 AM
u can still use windows live 8.5 its still working

jedimaster
09-18-2009, 03:58 AM
sarahG: well, i mostly use messenger to keep an eye on incoming emails (hotmail account) and people who get on and off line.

snakeviper: 8.5... cool, thanks, i'll try that one. see if it works for me.