PDA

View Full Version : Kanye West=proof that modern music needs more drug overdoses

SugaSweet
09-14-2009, 06:56 AM
What a piece of sh*t!I hope this bastard dies younger than his mother.
How would he know if a politician did not care about black people?He ain't black,he is sh*t colored.

TsJennifer
09-14-2009, 07:06 AM
Madonna look lovely on the VMA's. I cried when Janet did they MJ tribute! Kanya was shady for doing that to taylor swift even tough Im not a fan of hers!

raybbaby
09-14-2009, 08:12 AM
Yeah, classless meets clueless for sure. They may have to have a special chair for that guy at future award shows. One with ankle and wrist restraints!

socalbro
09-14-2009, 08:37 AM
kayne is is piece of shit he thinks he is so fucking cool! taylor swift is amazing fuck kayne

Dino Velvet
09-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Guys like Kanye West and Puff Daddy have faces made to be punched.

El Nino
09-14-2009, 08:46 AM
He is a very large Douche-Nozzle.

rameses2
09-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Y'know, I hear Kanye lieks fishsticks... :wink:

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
09-14-2009, 10:22 AM
After further contemplation I want to say that was probably the best business move done on MTV.

True West got booed but Beyonce got applauded and I'm SURE country radio stations will probably play segments of "put a ring on it" while discussing her "class" hence allowing her to tap a market she probably never thought of hitting before.

Expect a country song on her next album and a CMA award by 2011.

;)

paulgutierrez
09-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Kanye West is a gay fish.

timxxx
09-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Kanye was shady but right.

jaycanuck
09-14-2009, 01:14 PM
How does he still have a career?

Fox
09-14-2009, 02:29 PM
How does he still have a career?

The brother is talented and I like how he sometimes challenges conventional thinking (with regards to music and fashion), but at the same time the dude is what they call "bitch made."

Btw, I didn't watch the awards. What video was Beyonce nominated for? I don't keep up with videos much.

ozma
09-14-2009, 02:53 PM
How would he know if a politician did not care about black people?He ain't black,he is sh*t colored.

Wishing death on a celeb for a stupid move at the VMA's is warrented???

It's not like he threatened her life :roll:

Are you still outraged that he put your boy Bush on blast.....since that incident has NOTHING to do with this?

We got bigger things to be more outraged about, then this stupid shit. :roll:

Dirky
09-14-2009, 03:02 PM
I think it's funny when grown-ass people take things like the VMA's seriously. Beyonce won awards last night. In fact she even invited Taylor back up on stage to finish her acceptance speech which was a classy move on Beyonce's part.

Solitary Brother
09-14-2009, 03:25 PM
What he did was wrong.
Im mean really no one needs to be reminded that Beyonce is light years ahead of that wretched child.
Its the Mtv awards show......not exactly high on the awards show chain.
Does anyone ever remember who won ANYTHING from that show?
I think not.
Its not that serious!
Beyonce was gaaaaggging big time!
She was appauled.

tygren1@yahoo.com
09-14-2009, 03:47 PM
You have to understand what he meant, and what he was saying was that the awards given have nothing to do with tha art. Its all political, Taylor swift is a representation of something that is beyond her. I dont like Taylor swift or Beyonce, but I know that she shouldnt have won. If you think that her video was the best and that her music is worth while, then youre prob. under mind control. Its not a matter of opinion. Everyone agrees that stevie wonder is a genious.

Kanye is legened by the way. If you dont agree with that, you can at least agree with the fact that he has something that todays musicians are severely lacking. Personality. One of the factors that make us love people like Rick James, Grace jones, Michael Jackson, etc...

needsum
09-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Mind control? SERIOUSLY?? Look, I could give a shit about Taylor, Beyonce or Kanye, honestly. What he did was just purely rude, and disrespectful. I never watch this crap, so I never would have known about it if it werent for yahoo this morning. The dumb-assed MTV awards are based on a popular vote. According to the article I read, she had to win 100% of the country vote as well as a good portion of the pop vote to win this. So who is he to go up there and steal this girls thunder? I bet if someone had done that to him, he'd have gone off and started swinging. Talented or not, he's a jerkoff for doing that. Doesn't matter that it was a 19 year old country/pop star. could have been anyone and it still would have been a dick move. Having personality and talent doesn't give you a free pass to be a douche bag just because you feel like it.

flabbybody
09-14-2009, 04:20 PM
I liked the part where Russell alluded to the possibility that Lady Gaga has a dick, and as an English block he's fine with it

as far as Kayne... I hope he's on celebrity bowling in a few years and no one remembers who he is. hopefully someday he'll moan about how paporatzzi ignore him

BLKGSXR
09-14-2009, 04:24 PM
To quote a friend.
"Don't knock Kanye's talent just because he has a big mouth. If you do you're just like him. That said, that dude's got a BIG fucking mouth!"[/b]

rockabilly
09-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Kanye ... that episode was funny.

timxxx
09-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Taylor Swift doesn’t care about black people & he did it for the children.
Just like ODB.:twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2-5GSjZvW8

DL_NL
09-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Kanye West is an asshole.

Silcc69
09-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Well he has blown up before and if MTV allows him to be there then so be it. But I had know clue Taylor Swift was so homely.

soulRipp
09-14-2009, 06:54 PM
i thought it was very funny and to me most of those awards are b.s anyway.

alyssats
09-14-2009, 07:21 PM
I couldnt believe that people like Kanye West exist in this world goshhh!

hwbs
09-14-2009, 07:29 PM
kanye is a dick...but who are they talking about today...not the winners from last night...i would not be surprised if mtv was in on it cause no one cares about their award shows anymore...and i am sure mr west has no problem being the goat for them

FootFetishGuy
09-14-2009, 07:38 PM
That idiot and his stunt has nothing to do with the VMA's or the award in question. That jackass is still pissed off that a country artist, Gretchen Wilson, beat his ass for an award at the AMA's a few years ago. That pussy needs to grow the hell up and realize Gretchen sold more albums than he did and just needs to get over it and move on.

Silcc69
09-14-2009, 07:40 PM
That idiot and his stunt has nothing to do with the VMA's or the award in question. That jackass is still pissed off that a country artist, Gretchen Wilson, be his ass for an award at the AMA's a few years ago. That pussy needs to grow the hell up and realize Gretchen sold more albums than he did and just needs to get over it and move on.

Selling more albums doesn't mean your more talented though.

peggygee
09-14-2009, 08:18 PM
MTV still exists?

:shock:

BLKGSXR
09-14-2009, 08:21 PM
MTV still exists?

:shock::lol: I remember late early to late 90's it was the shit now its horrid...too many reality tv shows and less MUSIC on the station-o wellz :shrug

AngelinaTorres
09-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Kanye always been an asshole...

BLKGSXR
09-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Kanye always been an asshole...Not always an asshole-I mean psychologically hes been fucked since his mother died, alot of his style has changed. But before that he pulled some off the wall shit-Like with the Katrina indecent-"George bush doesn't care about black people"

worldbro
09-14-2009, 08:34 PM
You have to understand what he meant, and what he was saying was that the awards given have nothing to do with tha art. Its all political, Taylor swift is a representation of something that is beyond her. I dont like Taylor swift or Beyonce, but I know that she shouldnt have won. If you think that her video was the best and that her music is worth while, then youre prob. under mind control. Its not a matter of opinion. Everyone agrees that stevie wonder is a genious.

Kanye is legened by the way. If you dont agree with that, you can at least agree with the fact that he has something that todays musicians are severely lacking. Personality. One of the factors that make us love people like Rick James, Grace jones, Michael Jackson, etc...

I understood Kanye completely, it was a very calculated move, earlier that day a list of the VMA winners were leaked out, fake list or not Kanye obviously believed it and he wasn't listed as a winner. This was an outburst early in the show because he knew that HE wasn't going to win, didn't really give two shits about Beyonce.

And if thats not enough his antics are also interrupting the process of health care reform...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNygYvp9XBs

TsVanessa69
09-14-2009, 08:42 PM
There was NOTHING right about what he did.
Nothing at all.
He upstaged Taylor for no reason, some people no matter how much money they have, will never have CLASS.

giovanni_hotel
09-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Nothing at all.
He upstaged Taylor for no reason, some people no matter how much money they have, will never have CLASS.

+1

No excuse for what he did. If someone had tried to steal his moment like that, he probably would have taken a swing.

Just a low down punk move.

AngelinaTorres
09-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Kanye always been an asshole...Not always an asshole-I mean psychologically hes been fucked since his mother died, alot of his style has changed. But before that he pulled some off the wall shit-Like with the Katrina indecent-"George bush doesn't care about black people"

i didnt know this part but he can't act like that
it's a pity cause he is sexy, but beauty is not everything

Dirky
09-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Nothing at all.

Yep. Whether you like Taylor Swift's music or not, you just don't pull stunts like this and expect people to respect you afterwards. It's not her fault nobody gives two-shits about Kanye West anymore.

celticgrafix
09-14-2009, 10:22 PM
he's just upset he's a bitch, only bitches would pull a move like that

timxxx
09-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Kanye West's apology

"I'M SOOOOO SORRY TO TAYLOR SWIFT AND HER FANS AND HER MOM. I SPOKE TO HER MOTHER RIGHT AFTER AND SHE SAID THE SAME THING MY MOTHER WOULD'VE SAID. SHE IS VERY TALENTED! I LIKE THE LYRICS ABOUT BEING A CHEERLEADER AND SHE'S IN THE BLEACHERS! ................... ..... I'M IN THE WRONG FOR GOING ON STAGE AND TAKING AWAY FROM HER MOMENT!................. BEYONCE'S VIDEO WAS THE BEST OF THIS DECADE!!!! I'M SORRY TO MY FANS IF I LET YOU GUYS DOWN!!!! I'M SORRY TO MY FRIENDS AT MTV. I WILL APOLOGIZE TO TAYLOR 2MRW. WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!!!! EVERYBODY WANNA BOOOOO ME BUT I'M A FAN OF REAL POP CULTURE!!! NO DISRESPECT BUT WE WATCHIN' THE SHOW AT THE CRIB RIGHT NOW CAUSE ... WELL YOU KNOW!!!! I'M STILL HAPPY FOR TAYLOR!!!! BOOOYAAAWWWW!!!! YOU ARE VERY VERY TALENTED!!! I GAVE MY AWARDS TO OUTKAST WHEN THEY DESERVED IT OVER ME... THAT'S WHAT IT IS!!!!!!! I'M NOT CRAZY YALL, I'M JUST REAL. SORRY FOR THAT!!! I REALLY FEEL BAD FOR TAYLOR AND I'M SINCERELY SORRY!!! MUCH RESPECT!!!!!"

- The King of Pop, 2009

:lol:

fordly66
09-14-2009, 10:53 PM
In twenty years, no one will remember his antics, so it really doesn't matter. It's funny how differently people of different ethnic back grounds view things. Seemed like my black friends at work didn't feel what Kenya did was all that wrong. After all, she is just a country music singer. Well, it was wrong, and it's good to see he knows that and apologized.

edward almond
09-14-2009, 10:58 PM
He brings to light a problem that needs solving,I hate black music he probally hates white music.Why put them together.They have BET Ebony And Naacp and black music awards;their is nothing specific for Whites.This is racist,like it or not,this will change one day when white people finally wake up and realize we are being denied our culture.Diversity sucks.Equality is great.

xuto
09-14-2009, 11:00 PM
should be in the same spot the jackson boy is.

Dirky
09-14-2009, 11:06 PM
He brings to light a problem that needs solving,I hate black music he probally hates white music.Why put them together.They have BET Ebony And Naacp and black music awards;their is nothing specific for Whites.This is racist,like it or not,this will change one day when white people finally wake up and realize we are being denied our culture.Diversity sucks.Equality is great.

It was an award for a freakin' video, nothing more. Besides, my tastes in music run across all racial barriers. I like everything from rock to soul to hip-hop to funk and jazz and I like them all equally.

SarahG
09-14-2009, 11:18 PM

It was an award for a freakin' video, nothing more. Besides, my tastes in music run across all racial barriers. I like everything from rock to soul to hip-hop to funk and jazz and I like them all equally.

Those are genres, not races ;P

That would be like saying classical music is "white" because the names people are usually most familiar with (Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky etc) are white.

Which is all good and all, until someone brings up Vanessa Mae, Keiko Abe, Komei Abe, or Yasushi Akutagawa

Dirky
09-14-2009, 11:32 PM

Those are genres, not races ;P

That would be like saying classical music is "white" because the names people are usually most familiar with (Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky etc) are white.

Which is all good and all, until someone brings up Vanessa Mae, Keiko Abe, Komei Abe, or Yasushi Akutagawa

I don't even know why I bothered responding to that statement at all, Sarah. I can't believe the mentallity of some of the people here.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
09-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Leave the racist bullshit out of this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was not a race issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dude got up on stage and simply said Beyonce had one of the best vids of all time. He never said anything regarding it being racist, you fools need to shut the fuck up trying to make everything between 2 different skin tones a race war: especially here on HA.

And I have to agree with HWood, EVERY Radio station and news station I listened to or watched this morning mentioned who???? KANYE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes MTV is dead but they got those ratings last night and the people that missed it will be watching it because let's face it that shit alone gives MTV a HUGE ratings boost whenever they play it for the rest of the week: btw did you know this is the big networks opening week for many popular shows???? Pretty damn clever on MTV's part.

Yep Kanye is an asshole but who's the #1 person discussed on blogs, forums, and tweets worldwide today????

AND

Beyonce with a cowboy hat in some daisy dukes with or without Taylor in duet fashion is SALES, as I said earlier expect a CMA nod in a few years, she's a smart business chick................

tommymageeshemales2
09-15-2009, 12:28 AM
This guy has some interesting views http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQeosJcC19o

Willie Escalade
09-15-2009, 12:29 AM
How are Kanye's beats on The Blueprint3?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
09-15-2009, 12:32 AM
I'm not even gonna sit here and lie, his beats on BP3 are official. I only fast forwarded 3 tracks.

I do wish Pharrel had more input though.

jaycanuck
09-15-2009, 12:34 AM
I don't follow the music on the awards show last night (wow that sounded old)...but I've always admired Beyoncé (songs and we....obviously looks) and she did well last night by giving her the spotlight.

tommymageeshemales2
09-15-2009, 12:36 AM
This guy has some interesting views http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQeosJcC19o

Wait did i say views, I meant interesting borders.

Oh and check out xXbelmontXx's smack being laid down on all the non-intelligentia out there, word.

giovanni_hotel
09-15-2009, 01:24 AM
In twenty years, no one will remember his antics, so it really doesn't matter. It's funny how differently people of different ethnic back grounds view things. Seemed like my black friends at work didn't feel what Kenya did was all that wrong. After all, she is just a country music singer. Well, it was wrong, and it's good to see he knows that and apologized.

Right is right and wrong is wrong. Flip the script and say, Beyonce was the one about to receive the award and Chris Martin( Coldplay) bum rushed the stage, snatched the microphone, and said, " Lady GaGa had the best vid eva, yo!!

I bet your friends at work would have a totally different perspective. :wink:

celticgrafix
09-15-2009, 01:42 AM
Leave the racist bullshit out of this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was not a race issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dude got up on stage and simply said Beyonce had one of the best vids of all time. He never said anything regarding it being racist, you fools need to shut the fuck up trying to make everything between 2 different skin tones a race war: especially here on HA.

And I have to agree with HWood, EVERY Radio station and news station I listened to or watched this morning mentioned who???? KANYE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes MTV is dead but they got those ratings last night and the people that missed it will be watching it because let's face it that shit alone gives MTV a HUGE ratings boost whenever they play it for the rest of the week: btw did you know this is the big networks opening week for many popular shows???? Pretty damn clever on MTV's part.

Yep Kanye is an asshole but who's the #1 person discussed on blogs, forums, and tweets worldwide today????

AND

Beyonce with a cowboy hat in some daisy dukes with or without Taylor in duet fashion is SALES, as I said earlier expect a CMA nod in a few years, she's a smart business chick................

kanye makes it a race issue, he hates white people

socalbro

this very true not trying to turn this into a race thread just commenting on this.It is very true if white's had a white music channel or white history month or even white clubs in school we would be considerd racist.with that said im out.

BLKGSXR
I seriously think it was a rating type of thing-NO ONE WATCHES MTV! anymore...Its all reality shows and bullshit-So they pulled a stunt so people will watch the channel somemore.Just saying :shrug

Helvis2012
09-15-2009, 02:13 AM
His greatest talent is his ability to be an asshole.....but hey, look how other assholes buy his shitty records.

Maybe he'll get hit by a car or maybe even a plane crash. We can only hope.

HP1000
09-15-2009, 02:17 AM
After watching that, I think he's a POS!

Someone needs to flush him down back down the cesspool where he emerged from..

Hope the media bans him..

giovanni_hotel
09-15-2009, 02:53 AM

this very true not trying to turn this into a race thread just commenting on this.It is very true if white's had a white music channel or white history month or even white clubs in school we would be considerd racist.with that said im out.

Would someone please explain to me in 2009 what the hell is Black music and what is WHite music so I can make sure to get in the right line!!

Quiet Reflections
09-15-2009, 03:51 AM
He brings to light a problem that needs solving,I hate black music he probally hates white music.Why put them together.They have BET Ebony And Naacp and black music awards;their is nothing specific for Whites.This is racist,like it or not,this will change one day when white people finally wake up and realize we are being denied our culture.Diversity sucks.Equality is great.so God Forbid plays heavy metal are they white music even though the lead singer is black? slash is half black does he make white music or black music? Easy there is no white music or black music just people and their preferences. I myself listen to all genres of music and know many others like myself that do as well. Does Robin Thicke sing R&B or black music? Plus MTV,VH1,and Jukebox (when they first started) were stations that played all white music they stopped because anytime you limit your target audience to one type you almost always guarantee your failure. If you dont believe that look how well BET is doing these days.

drmindbender03
09-15-2009, 04:18 AM

Damn, what does his Mom have to do with the situation? How in the hell does someone deserves to die simply because they were rude to someone? Reading your post and others confirm that we still have sociopaths in our society.

mac.B
09-15-2009, 11:56 AM
It was staged. Kanye was told to say that. The whole thing was a ritual and has a deeper meaning.

fitz207
09-15-2009, 01:12 PM
so God Forbid plays heavy metal are they white music even though the lead singer is black? slash is half black does he make white music or black music? Easy there is no white music or black music just people and their preferences. I myself listen to all genres of music and know many others like myself that do as well. Plus MTV,VH1,and Jukebox (when they first started) were stations that played all white music they stopped because anytime you limit your target audience to one type you almost always guarantee your failure. If you dont believe that look how well BET is doing these days.

Well put! :claps :claps :claps :claps

paulgutierrez
09-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Anybody actually listened to Kanye's shit? He says the government administered AIDS and has at least one song devoted to blaming the white man for black crackheads, criminals, drug dealers, and gold diggers :roll:

The problem with his music is that while he's okay at rhyming he's got a lame filler voice, lame style, parrots unoriginal ideas, but somehow thinks he's a genius. His beats suck as well. He's the one that started that transposed/sped up RnB vocals bullshit. I never understood how he made it to the forefront of hip hop. Listen to some recent shit as Em murders Kanye on the same track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqUU6nOUQ3c

timxxx
09-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Kanye West Interrupts Barack Obama Speech
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjTkPpUrYTk

DL_NL
09-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Everyone talks about him... but he won't sell more albums. Less, if anything.

AmericanDream
09-15-2009, 10:40 PM
What a dumb drunk, someone should've went up there and knocked him out. Toby Keith or some shitt.

Silcc69
09-15-2009, 10:40 PM
What some people seem to forget is that both Kanye and Taylor Swift are both entertainers in billion dollar industry. For those of you unfamiliar with the entertainment industry, aside from talent, what is the one thing that you need in order to get ahead and succeed? You need to stand out, get talked about. That's exactly what Kanye did here. Sure his method is questionable, but he did it on live tv, and there was nothing that could be done to edit it out. His name is out there, her name is out there.

Also, consider that Kanye was on Leno, and Leno asked him about what his mother would think about the comments that he made about Taylor Swift. Again, another national audience. Meanwhile, Taylor Swift will appear on the View tomorrow morning and be giving another audience to talk in front of.

See the trend here? There's no such thing as bad publicity. While these two artists are getting talked about, their music is being researched, their cd's and singles are being sold on iTunes. They're making $$$!

Who knows, Kanye could do a collaboration with Taylor Swift and make even more money off of this publicity stunt.

It's understandable for people to get bent out of shape when it comes to ostensible rude behavior, but all Kanye did was further his career and hers at the same time.

That is genius.

fordly66
09-15-2009, 11:16 PM
Just because you make lots of money doesn't make you a genius. If he is a real genius, invent a car that runs on water. He is a punk, I've seen his rants before, and he is also a racist. Case closed.

Jericho
09-15-2009, 11:22 PM
If only that girl had a pack of fish sticks in her pocket.
It would have been epic"

paulgutierrez
09-18-2009, 05:43 AM
What some people seem to forget is that both Kanye and Taylor Swift are both entertainers in billion dollar industry. For those of you unfamiliar with the entertainment industry, aside from talent, what is the one thing that you need in order to get ahead and succeed? You need to stand out, get talked about. That's exactly what Kanye did here. Sure his method is questionable, but he did it on live tv, and there was nothing that could be done to edit it out. His name is out there, her name is out there.

Also, consider that Kanye was on Leno, and Leno asked him about what his mother would think about the comments that he made about Taylor Swift. Again, another national audience. Meanwhile, Taylor Swift will appear on the View tomorrow morning and be giving another audience to talk in front of.

See the trend here? There's no such thing as bad publicity. While these two artists are getting talked about, their music is being researched, their cd's and singles are being sold on iTunes. They're making $$$!

Who knows, Kanye could do a collaboration with Taylor Swift and make even more money off of this publicity stunt.

It's understandable for people to get bent out of shape when it comes to ostensible rude behavior, but all Kanye did was further his career and hers at the same time.

That is genius.
Haha, yeah right. More like flushed it in the toilet by making a fool of himself like Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, Chris Brown, Michael Vick and all the other buffoonish celebrities who are slipping into obscurity, and will only be remembered for how pathetic they were. The only people who really had their careers furthered that night were Taylor Swift, and Beyonce.

Kanye West ain't no Tom Cruise.

Quiet Reflections
09-18-2009, 04:39 PM
ha ha ha

paulgutierrez
09-18-2009, 05:31 PM
He's gonna haunt Kanye now.

EyeCumInPiece
09-18-2009, 06:19 PM

Thats alot of wasteful rage youve conjured up just for a celeb. Why do you care so much? has he effected your life in anyway that you would wish him death n mock his dead mother? Yea hes a douchebag, but from the sound of it, you aint any better.

effigyc
09-18-2009, 08:09 PM
kanyes music is good. hes just kind of an asshole