PDA

View Full Version : Kodak's Zi8 HD pocket camcorder

freak
09-09-2009, 03:06 AM
Has anyone seen this cam yet? For $179 it is a bargain. It has the software to upload right to youtube and facebook, you can record in 1080i, take photos at 5 mp 16:9, that is pretty good for a video recorder, it isn't meant to be a camera. If you search online you can see side by side comparisons, it beats all with out a question, the Zi6 which is the older model is also good but don't mix them up.

The only problem is it is already back ordered, don't go to ebay they are selling them for $229 and will not ship till at least the 15th. You can get one in best buy by then for $179

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2fXbvTeDXY&feature=related

peggygee
09-09-2009, 03:14 AM
Cute, not a bad feature set for such a low price
and small size.

CaptainGeech
09-09-2009, 04:43 AM
Been wanting to get a small inexpensive HD camera for awhile. This is the first I've heard of this model though. Amazon's ratings seem all over the place but cnet really seems to like it. Still interesting to see it offering 1080p. All of the others I have seen are 720p. Even if its not amazing that's a good price. Always wanted to try mounting a camera on the underbelly of my car and drive around. I think I could get some cool footage from that. And its much more reasonable than trying it with a $800 Canon.

El Nino
09-09-2009, 05:44 AM
shit I bought a cheapo last week.. should have got this! Damn