PDA

View Full Version : Surcharge for paper bill

sugdaddie69
09-02-2009, 12:48 AM
T-Mobile will be charging a extra 2.00 to mail out paper bills to their customers.I just switched auto insurance because of this very practice.
Billing you to mail you a bill...WTF!!!!!!

Silcc69
09-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Alot of carriers already do this though.

dgs925
09-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Is your web browser broken? why do you need a paper bill anyway?

sugdaddie69
09-02-2009, 01:05 AM
Is your web browser broken? why do you need a paper bill anyway?

No it isn't broken,nor do i use t-mobile.Everyone doesn't have internet,plus there are times you need a paper bill,plus i.d. to prove your resident.I just got a new car,needed a paper bill to prove address.Now back to my point...ITS A CHEAP ASS HUSTLE!!!!!!!!!

Alyssa87
09-02-2009, 01:08 AM
good idea

if the money they get goes to green initiatives.

sugdaddie69
09-02-2009, 01:10 AM
good idea

More like ceo pockets

droog
09-02-2009, 01:21 AM
good idea

charging people for paper bills is ok by me. it doesnt take long to set up e-billing for your accounts, plus it saves a ton of paper if you stop and think about it. this should have happened years ago.

sugdaddie69
09-02-2009, 01:25 AM
I know a hustle when i smell one,and this stinks

Alyssa87
09-02-2009, 01:26 AM
maybe its your upper lip

Silcc69
09-02-2009, 01:29 AM
It's a hustle just like they overcharge on text messages. It cost's every carrier .03 cents to send one text message.

droog
09-02-2009, 01:44 AM
It's a hustle just like they overcharge on text messages. It cost's every carrier .03 cents to send one text message.
nah dude, over-charging on text messaging isn't a hustle, it's smart business. realistically they could charge more if all the companies reached some sort of an agreement. people are addicted to texting, so why not capitalize on it?

Silcc69
09-02-2009, 02:02 AM
nah dude, over-charging on text messaging isn't a hustle, it's smart business. realistically they could charge more if all the companies reached some sort of an agreement. people are addicted to texting, so why not capitalize on it?

Text messaging costs
In June, Sen. Herb Kohl, D-Wis., convened a hearing of the Judiciary Committee's Antitrust Subcommittee to examine rising text message prices and the state of competition in the cellular industry.

He said the nation's four leading carriers all doubled per-message prices between 2006 and 2008, to 20 cents per message. Yet, he said, the carriers' cost to deliver each message — about 0.3 cents — hadn't increased.

In a letter after the hearing, Kohl called on the Justice Department's antitrust division to "take all actions necessary to ensure that the market remain (sic) open to competition." Noting that no evidence pointed to collusion among cellular carriers, he still asked the FCC to examine "parallel pricing and parallel conduct from providers."

So far, neither agency had taken any action in response to the hearing or the letter.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32560401/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/page/2/

BeardedOne
09-02-2009, 02:18 AM
Wow. Two bux? MCI used to only rape their customers $1 for a hardcopy statement.

I prefer a hardcopy statement. Partly because I don't trust these thieving shits and like to have hard evidence for the court filings.

Not everyone has a computer. Which makes me wonder about the EZ Pass customers that have to deal with the new EZP policy of only having online statements after this month. Plus, computers don't work so well when the power is out or the network is down.

Don't even get me started on the multi-billion dollar losses of the United States Postal Service this year because the American people are too stoopid and illiterate to write a letter and too fucking lazy to lick a gawddamned stamp.

sugdaddie69
09-02-2009, 02:24 AM
Wow. Two bux? MCI used to only rape their customers $1 for a hardcopy statement.

I prefer a hardcopy statement. Partly because I don't trust these thieving shits and like to have hard evidence for the court filings.

Not everyone has a computer. Which makes me wonder about the EZ Pass customers that have to deal with the new EZP policy of only having online statements after this month. Plus, computers don't work so well when the power is out or the network is down.

Don't even get me started on the multi-billion dollar losses of the United States Postal Service this year because the American people are too stoopid and illiterate to write a letter and too fucking lazy to lick a gawddamned stamp.

:claps --lot of good points,this is a hustle all day long,nothing to do with enviroment or any other good cause like that.

flabbybody
09-02-2009, 02:38 AM
but B1
mailing hard copy statements is sooo much more expensive...
why should people who get electronic statements subsidize people who still prefer the less cost efficient option ?

sugdaddie69
09-02-2009, 02:41 AM
but B1
mailing hard copy statements is sooo much more expensive...
why should people who get electronic statements subsidize people who still prefer the less cost efficient option ?

Maybe its not a preference..Alot of folks DON'T have computers,or checking accounts.

phobun
09-02-2009, 02:49 AM
Alot of folks DON'T have computers,or checking accounts.
Mostly people who live on the fringes of society, like street-people, the Unabomber or the folks holed up in some compound awaiting armageddon.

SarahG
09-02-2009, 03:18 AM
Under RealID, once you move to another state you need some kind of formal utility bill (can be a phone bill) to prove residency to get a new DL... there are other ways to prove residency but its the only way thats cheap, fast, and easy.

It can be very difficult to prove residency without a proper bill (of some kind) on paper showing you get important mail at your new address.

I went through this the last time I moved, it was a pain in the ass- I ended up having to go to the local town hall (which, incidentally, takes longer than the dmv usually does) to get a nortorized writ of residency (which cost something but I don't recall what it was), and then I had to take that to the dmv to get my new DL. If I had gotten a phone bill or an electric bill in my name, on paper, it would have saved me a few hours and whatever the notarization fee was.

peggygee
09-06-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm a cyber-girl, living in a cyber-world, just about everything I do is via
the Net or a computer.

But I do know a lot of older people and or people who either don't trust
or feel comfortable conducting e-commerce.

Bob's Tgirls
09-06-2009, 10:18 PM
T-Mobile will be charging a extra 2.00 to mail out paper bills to their customers.I just switched auto insurance because of this very practice.
Billing you to mail you a bill...WTF!!!!!!

Wow, an extra charge for providing the worst service. That's awesome.

Bunzee
09-06-2009, 11:49 PM
i used to have t-mobile, they had crappy connection quality...i have verizon now, they r a lot better...altho more expensive

PatrickFromNYC
09-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Under RealID, once you move to another state you need some kind of formal utility bill (can be a phone bill) to prove residency to get a new DL... there are other ways to prove residency but its the only way thats cheap, fast, and easy.

It can be very difficult to prove residency without a proper bill (of some kind) on paper showing you get important mail at your new address.

I went through this the last time I moved, it was a pain in the ass- I ended up having to go to the local town hall (which, incidentally, takes longer than the dmv usually does) to get a nortorized writ of residency (which cost something but I don't recall what it was), and then I had to take that to the dmv to get my new DL. If I had gotten a phone bill or an electric bill in my name, on paper, it would have saved me a few hours and whatever the notarization fee was.

Maybe I'm missing something Sarah but every online bill payment I deal with offers the option to download a copy of your bill?? ATT, Time Warner, ConEd etc....

SarahG
09-07-2009, 01:34 AM

Maybe I'm missing something Sarah but every online bill payment I deal with offers the option to download a copy of your bill?? ATT, Time Warner, ConEd etc....

Here's the problem- to prove residency you need to show that the bill was MAILED to your new address as a way of saying "I live here and I get important mail here"