PDA

View Full Version : Car Audio..........................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-23-2005, 11:35 PM
Anyone else into car audio on this forum?

hwbs
10-23-2005, 11:42 PM
used to be into it back in the day...... had punch 200 hooked up mono to 2 -12in lanzar pro series.....2 pinoeer 6x9s hooked up to a punch 100....and 6in,4in and tweeter- eclipse seperates hooked upto in the doors to a PPI ART SERIES 4 channel, w audio controls crossover , and monster wires cables and disribution block. a custom made amp rack in trunk and box designed by myself....my friends were all into installing and i learned from them.i havent got back into it though..i have a 6 speaker bose system that came with my car

Hara_Juku Tgirl
10-23-2005, 11:46 PM
used to be into it back in the day...... had punch 200 hooked up mono to 2 -12in lanzar pro series.....2 pinoeer 6x9s hooked up to a punch 100....and 6in,4in and tweeter- eclipse seperates hooked upto in the doors to a PPI ART SERIES 4 channel, w audio controls crossover , and monster wires cables and disribution block. i havent got back into it though..i have a 6 speaker bose system that came with my car.

Hmm..I bet that is such a "Bangin" car hollywoodbuckstrap! :D Bose 6 piece speakers alone is great enough sound system for a small car. :wink:

~Kisses.

HTG

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-23-2005, 11:49 PM
yeah thats the thing, these days the new car owners have got it made.................
look at the new VW Passat, that shit comes with a 10 speaker Dynaudio component system.............
Dynaudio 2 way components alone costs $700+

I couldn't believe the sound in the Benz Bose System, unreal how they've progressed

I am old school though, something about giving the lil guy's products a shot to prove a real system still needs to be designed

I'm running DLS separates for the front stage off a Butler Audio tube driver and the Eclipse aluminum sub is running off a 1700 watt Harrison Class D amp

hwbs
10-23-2005, 11:55 PM
agreed its way different these days....plus u have to worry about all these electrical censors and air bags and such....plus now everything is pre made for your individual car....when i was doing it, u had to fabricate everything, door pods and boxes, among other things.....i would really want to go with ADS in all the doors and a little more bass in the back....but 2 much stuff to do round the house...mybe next year, lol

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-24-2005, 12:04 AM
ADS today = DEI
PPI today = DEI

many of the LEGENDARY companies have been bought out and trashed...............

none worse than the one closest to you back in the day though Hollywood, the incredible MB Quart, bought out by Rockford Fosgate and shitted on since. Now they are gone for good, fuckin horrible........................ The MB Quart "Q" speakers were fantastic and rivaled Dynaudio

hwbs
10-24-2005, 12:06 AM
exactly...didnt hifonix get bought out by pyramid, lol...and back in the day mtx was garbage, and nowits considered really good...funny shit..and yes rockford never made good seperates...just woofers...i can see how they trashed them ,lol...

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-24-2005, 12:15 AM
Rockford made good separates, they were just re-labeled Q speakers, lol