PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Roberta Close

Tarissa
08-30-2009, 06:39 AM
Hi, my boyfriend and I are going to Brazil in December and I would love to meet Roberta Close. She was my transition inspiration, beautiful, sweet, intelligent and a lady. Does anyone know where she lives and how I can contact her to thank her. Does she speak English? I am buying RosettaStone to leard Portuguese so I can converse a bit. I figure in 3 or 4 months I could have a little bit of a handle on the language if their ads are true.
Thanks All,
Tarissa

yodajazz
08-30-2009, 08:54 AM
No one else has answered yet. But I thought that she lived in Europe most of the time.

hippifried
08-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Wow! There's not a lot of recent information on her at all. I couldn't even find a fan mail address. Portuguese seems to translate strangely on google, so the Brazilian articles I found were a little hard to read. From what I gathered, as of last year she was talking to Playboy about another spread, but that wasn't working out too well. Maybe... But that means dshe probably has an agent. She's real famous in Brazil, & finally got her Brazillian documents changed to female in 2005. Being famous, there's probably a layer or 2 of people around her that keep folks like y'all at bay. Just like a celebrity would do here.

Good luck. Rosetta Stone might help you find the bathroom, but you may need a real translator to make a request for an audience & have it taken seriously. Get in touch with Hilda Brazil. She may know somebody who can help if she can't.

praetor
08-30-2009, 04:00 PM
No one else has answered yet. But I thought that she lived in Europe most of the time.

She lives in Swiss, i guess.

Rogers
08-30-2009, 06:34 PM

She lives in Swiss, i guess.

Heard that Natasha Dumont lives there too, or at least did. Rich husbands/partners most likely.

Tarissa
08-31-2009, 05:12 AM
Wow! There's not a lot of recent information on her at all. I couldn't even find a fan mail address. Portuguese seems to translate strangely on google, so the Brazilian articles I found were a little hard to read. From what I gathered, as of last year she was talking to Playboy about another spread, but that wasn't working out too well. Maybe... But that means dshe probably has an agent. She's real famous in Brazil, & finally got her Brazillian documents changed to female in 2005. Being famous, there's probably a layer or 2 of people around her that keep folks like y'all at bay. Just like a celebrity would do here.

Good luck. Rosetta Stone might help you find the bathroom, but you may need a real translator to make a request for an audience & have it taken seriously. Get in touch with Hilda Brazil. She may know somebody who can help if she can't.
I started RosettaStone and it seems like it will teach alot more than where is the bathroom. I got version 1 and 2 so hopefully I can carry on a bit of a conversation.

hippifried
08-31-2009, 07:32 AM
I was just being a smartass.

But there are a few folks in this forum who live in Brazil and/or have extensive connections down there among the transexual community. They could be a valuable resource. Just sayin'...

Good luck.

Tarissa
09-01-2009, 07:00 AM
I was just being a smartass.

But there are a few folks in this forum who live in Brazil and/or have extensive connections down there among the transexual community. They could be a valuable resource. Just sayin'...

Good luck.
Thanks Hippi. I hope they see the post and respond.