PDA

View Full Version : Maury

JerseyMike
08-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Ok so on Maury they had "The Shocking Lives of Men Who Were Born Women!" in which Maury had an actual conversation with Female to Male transsexuals. Why does the show seem to take FtMs more seriously than MtFs where the only show featuring Tgirls is pick the Tranny?

blonde_sweetheart
08-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Because FtM's are men and we live in a sexist society.

JerseyMike
08-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Simple enough

Nowhere
08-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Ok so on Maury they had "The Shocking Lives of Men Who Were Born Women!" in which Maury had an actual conversation with Female to Male transsexuals. Why does the show seem to take FtMs more seriously than MtFs where the only show featuring Tgirls is pick the Tranny?

Because Maury contributes to them not being taken seriously AND because girls turn their back on their own progress by showing up to that circus, knowing how it will be.

No tgirls at Maury's door = The circus can't go on. Of course, they do it "for fun" (and to attract new Johns).

And, it's got to be "fun," just like an African-American had "fun" playing a role in a racist movie, say, in the 1940s, or being the "best" kept slave on their plantation in the 1800s.

Great job, ladies... :roll:

Why don't you just do another dance for the world, reaffirming the 3rd class citizens you're treated as.

Alyssa87
08-28-2009, 03:51 PM
its very very sad

JeniferTS
08-28-2009, 03:57 PM

maybe because FtMs take themselves more seriously
and don't accept invitations to be apart of
the "pick the tranny" shows. :shrug

collegeguy21
08-28-2009, 08:00 PM
it depends on how your looking at this... it could be flattering to think that a woman's body is a work of art and that is why they have the fashion show type of set up for the MtF

SarahG
08-28-2009, 08:17 PM

Our society has a double standard when it comes to anything involving gender or orientation issues.

Just look at how a guy who is bi is called a "fag" and insisted to be 100% "gay" even if he is really truly attracted to women as well as guys, while bi girls are talked about as if they're sexy and "cool."

Or how it's ok to be a tom boy, but really bad to be a "faggy" flamer.

All that hypocrisy plays a big role even before we start talking about the mass media sensationalism (i.e. all those "crazy tranny" stories we see). The mass media only ever seems to go sensation-crazy with FtM's when it involves one of them getting preg and having a kid... but even then usually they sensationalize it by talking about the "pregnate GUY"- the pronoun usage is far more proper than anything we see in typical over sensationalized MtF stories. But I think PART of that is how its sometimes easier for FtM's to pass after enough years of T.

Intrepid
08-28-2009, 09:55 PM

Because Maury's a dirtbag and a sensation whore. I lost a lot of repect for Connie Chung when I discovered she was married to that guy.

2009AD
08-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Because Maury's a dirtbag and a sensation whore.

Sure, but the same could be said of the people who agree to take part in his circus: the T-girls, the baby daddies and mommas who can't seem to keep their legs closed, and the parents who bring their "out of control" teens on the show.

slip969
08-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Because FtM's are men and we live in a sexist society.

I'm sure you've seen both sides. So out of curiosity, do you think that life is generally harder for Women?

jcinva
09-24-2009, 06:42 PM
maybe because FtMs take themselves more seriously
and don't accept invitations to be apart of
the "pick the tranny" shows. :shrug

Pick the Tranny.

Holy Shit! If Mark Goodson were still alive, he'd be all over this!

Someone get on the horn and see if Rayburn, Cullen, or Dawson are still available! We're going to need theme music. Jay - call over to Warner Music and see who owns the rights to Herb Alpert's library now. Get Caryn's PA on the phone and set up a meeting to pitch this.

BellaBellucci
09-24-2009, 07:23 PM
I think everyone knows where I stand on this. If you want to go on the show for your own reasons, then fine, it's a free country and it's your own problem, but don't come here talking about how the exposure is good for transsexuals at large. *ahem* It's not.

Those who have done that know who they are and need not be named. They're nobody's heroes.

As far as the FtM angle, yeah I think it's just sexism pure and simple.

~BB~

buckjohnson
10-04-2009, 05:25 AM
FTM might need less validation then MTF

SarahG
10-04-2009, 09:02 AM
FTM might need less validation then MTF

How do you figure?

buckjohnson
10-04-2009, 11:52 AM
SARAHG
I think that MTF not only has social and personal journeys, but also have some political connotations. I do not think FTM do not have such heavy personal demons they are chasing and trying to conquer. Men (ftm) also do not have the societal handicap of unrealistic beauty expectations and goals. Finally, woman wrap a lot of their self worth on appearanceS, where men, if not socialized by women, would never shave, bathe, caring nothing about how they look, and would walk the streets naked all the time, fucking anything that has a hole in it

rockabilly
10-04-2009, 11:55 AM
And don't forget marking our territory and questing for fire Buck.