PDA

View Full Version : Burress Will Receive 2-Year Prison Sentence

Silcc69
08-25-2009, 03:07 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/21/nyregion/21burress.html

So a guy can get drunk, kill somebody and get 30 days but a guy shoots himself and get 2 years of prison time. Go figure........

ozma
08-25-2009, 03:20 AM
Wowsers, this piss you off so much you tripled your outrage, LOL!!

Dirky
08-25-2009, 03:21 AM
I know it's the mandatory sentence for carrying a concealed weapon in NY but that's a little ridiculous. Shooting himself was enough punishment. He should have gotten probation. There's a lot of high-priced athletes that carry weapons for protection. It's not like Plaxico was going to go out gang-banging after leaving the club.

Silcc69
08-25-2009, 03:34 AM
I know it's the mandatory sentence for carrying a concealed weapon in NY but that's a little ridiculous. Shooting himself was enough punishment. He should have gotten probation. There's a lot of high-priced athletes that carry weapons for protection. It's not like Plaxico was going to go out gang-banging after leaving the club.

Thing is they want to make an example out of him.

Dirky
08-25-2009, 03:37 AM

Thing is they want to make an example out of him.

Starting with the mayor of NYC, Bloomfield.

2009AD
08-25-2009, 03:42 AM
some of the public's reaction....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

freak
08-25-2009, 03:51 AM

If they didn't give him the mandatory sentence then every other person that got arrested would say they let him off easy because he is in the NFL.

Plus it doesn't matter if he was going gang-banging, he was in a bar drinking, kind of reckless.

ozma
08-25-2009, 04:03 AM

If they didn't give him the mandatory sentence then every other person that got arrested would say they let him off easy because he is in the NFL.

Plus it doesn't matter if he was going gang-banging, he was in a bar drinking, kind of reckless.

Well that slams the argument that athletes and people with money gets it easier than us regular joes, eh?

Silcc69
08-25-2009, 04:04 AM

This is was a victimless crime though

AmericanDream
08-25-2009, 04:45 AM
Why did you make 5 threads saying the same thing? This has been known for days, where you been?

I think 2 years is good and he should probably do more. If it wasn't for him being a dumbass, wannabe thug, the Giants would've repeat and won another SUPERBOWL!! Cheddar Bob Ass, he deserves all the time he gets. WTF's he carrying a gun for anyway?

If shooting himself is punishment enough, then having to live with shooting someone else would be punishment enough also.

Stop caring so much about some dumbass. What has he ever done for you?

freak
08-25-2009, 02:24 PM

Well that slams the argument that athletes and people with money gets it easier than us regular joes, eh?

It also helps he was no longer a Giant, if he was still with the Giants and producing it may have been different but he wasn't.

freak
08-25-2009, 02:27 PM

This time, he still had a gun in a nightclub. If you only punish people that hurt someone else then you would have a lot more people getting hurt.

PS HA please fix this posting bug!!!!!!

freak
08-25-2009, 02:30 PM

This time, next time it may not be. If he shot someone else he would have gotten more time too