PDA

View Full Version : Is the Palms still the place to go in LA on a Friday?

PapiBear
08-23-2009, 12:24 AM
Hey,
I'm going to be in LA on a Friday in Sept and was planning to check out The Palms. Are Friday nights still happening there? Or, is it just another Lesbian night.

More to the point, where is good? And is there a replacement for the Yukon Mining Company? (Yelp says that it's closed.)

Thanks

PB.

AmyDaly
08-23-2009, 01:23 AM
Well..

As far as I know, the palms is the only trans place to go on Fridays. I am not sure about afterwards since the yukon is closed as I never went there anyways. But kind of sad that its the only place because not a whole lot of people like it.

My personal favorite is Miss Kitties which used to be every friday(not sure about now) Its not trans exclusive, but there are a lot of trans people who like to go there. Its a fetish style club thats more of a club and less of a sleezy bar. Sometimes they have a strip contest on stage there. I did that one time and lets just say... the crowd got a good suprise haha

PapiBear
08-23-2009, 06:29 AM
OMG, that must have been effing brilliant. Wish I'd been there to see you--and their reaction...

AmyDaly
08-23-2009, 09:17 AM
OMG, that must have been effing brilliant. Wish I'd been there to see you--and their reaction...

Oh everyone cheered, it was great. A Bunch of people came up to me afterwards saying how awesome it was and asking a bunch of questions. :lol:

PapiBear
08-23-2009, 05:19 PM
You're reminding me of a girl I dated for a while. She used to like to hang out at nude beaches. Not the shy type, she'd be up walking around. Got quite a reception.

So, what did you do for an encore?

:P

LAGent4ts
08-23-2009, 07:03 PM
The promoter of the Saturday and Wednesday nites at the Oxwood in the Valley is apparently trying to add a Friday nite to the mix. Sorry, no first hand knowledge.

PapiBear
08-24-2009, 05:38 AM
Thanks LAGent...

I'd seen some vids from their shows and it looked like they have a lot of participation from CDs & TVs,...

LAGent4ts
08-24-2009, 07:23 AM
I have not been on Friday nite, which has only been going for 2 weeks.

As far as Saturday nights, typically good size crowd and all inclusive...but would not throw a label as a mostly a CD or TV club. You will find some of the same girls at the Ox as you will at Cobra on Thursday's and Hamburger Mary's on Tuesday. A good vibe, well poured, fairly priced drinks and a good mix of people.

BellaBellucci
08-24-2009, 07:27 AM
Sometimes they have a strip contest on stage there. I did that one time and lets just say... the crowd got a good suprise haha

You did? Damn! Now I'm really impressed! lol

~BB~

AmyDaly
08-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Sometimes they have a strip contest on stage there. I did that one time and lets just say... the crowd got a good suprise haha

You did? Damn! Now I'm really impressed! lol

~BB~

Yep and Calpernia Addams happened to be hosting at the time too, so we there was some good trans representing going on there :lol:

PapiBear
08-25-2009, 05:07 AM
Grrl, you need to do that again, and get a video camera on the crowd reaction. Only, do it with friends so that the crowd really gets its brains around the idea that the most beautiful women in their midst have that special something extra...

PapiBear
08-25-2009, 05:12 AM
What I meant to write (It's not letting me edit!)

Grrl, you need to do that again, and get a video camera on the crowd reaction. Only, after you go, have some other friends follow you. After a few trans, mixed in with GGs, the crowd will really gets its brains around the idea that the most beautiful women in their midst have that special something extra...