PDA

View Full Version : RATE YOUR ISP!

Silcc69
08-19-2009, 10:37 PM
GAYT&T is horribly slow. There fastest speed is only 6 Mbps for 42.95 this is the exact same price and speed that my brother was paying for back in 05. While Comcast's slowest speed is 12 Mbps I rate these horrible bastards a 2 out of 5.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
08-19-2009, 10:46 PM
I got ATT too and 3 days out of 7when I am home, my internet service acts up 3x a day. I've to reboot the damn 2wire wireless modem everytime. :evil:

I did complain to them about it and they said something about some 'intermittent' service at my addess and that they need to come and check it out but for a fee! Fuck ATT!!

~Kisses.

HTG

Willie Escalade
08-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Road Runner...no problems so far! :D

CaptainGeech
08-19-2009, 11:13 PM
I had horrible experiences with Cox for several years. Having the wireless connection working for more than 24hours straight was amazing and almost unheard of. It simply never happened. Then they replaced the cable modem. That helped a bit. Then after suffering for many more months I upgraded my Linksys router to a D-Link DIR-655. The difference is HUGE. Not only is it rare for the wireless to go out but the speeds I get on my wired lines are WAY faster also. Instead of rebooting the modem and router 2-10 times a day, now I rarely have to do it more than once or twice a month. And that's only if I am downloaded torrents at a high level. I am kicking myself for not upgrading sooner.

If I had to grade Cox's internet service I would probably give it a B. I would like the speeds to be faster for uploading and downloading (torrents, newsgroups, etc..) but I cant really complain.

Cartman2000
08-19-2009, 11:40 PM
AT&T @ work & home.

• Incoming: 6016 kbps
• Outgoing: 768 kbps

I have been with AT&T since '99. Started with the 1.5 package and upgraded when it was available in my area. In that time I've had 2 days of downtime, and that was due to their shitty customer service.

I tried Cable @ home but had too many issues with the service so I switched back to AT&T.

All in all they are all a bunch of thieves.
:wink:

Quiet Reflections
08-20-2009, 03:57 AM
i got verizon fios and my 20mbps down is always strong i give it 5/5

CaptainGeech
08-20-2009, 04:06 AM

I would give my left nut to have Verizon fios available in my area. I have yet to hear one bad thing about them. Both for internet and for television service.

BLKGSXR
08-20-2009, 04:17 AM
Road Runner...no problems so far! :D cant say I agree-I get the most random as fuck timeouts....I call and since I got tv and phone service-Each time I call they usually comp me something :twisted:

JeniferTS
08-20-2009, 04:49 AM
verizon dsl 4 out of 5.

flabbybody
08-20-2009, 05:08 AM

i'm happy with fios but the Verizon router doesn't give me a strong enough signal when I'm wireless. The VZ tech support people say the fault lies with my laptop which is a 3 year old toshiba.
my buddy says I should get a linksys

Quiet Reflections
08-20-2009, 05:19 AM

i'm happy with fios but the Verizon router doesn't give me a strong enough signal when I'm wireless. The VZ tech support people say the fault lies with my laptop which is a 3 year old toshiba.
my buddy says I should get a linksys
yeah my wireless connection is about 65% and for that reason when I'm home I only use my desktop, especially for downloads.

hwbs
08-20-2009, 05:46 AM
mine is ok ...20 dl and 1.5 ul