PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick signs with the Philadephia Eagles

dunkiex
08-14-2009, 02:46 AM
He has served his time and brought attention to a very vicious practice. Now I believe his purpose is to show everyone how to be humble, pick oneself up, and serve as a positive model for everyone. I wish him the best, and I look forward to enjoying his athletic achievements on the field.

Dunkie

beantown
08-14-2009, 02:49 AM
Were did you see that?

BellaBellucci
08-14-2009, 02:50 AM
Tell me this is a joke. Please.

So his reward for pretending to be 'humble' for a few months after fighting dogs to the death (nice guy, huh?) is a spot on the roster of a playoff contender? This world is fucked. We're all doomed.

http://www.celebritydogwatcher.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/michael-vick.jpg

Aww! Such a cute photo to help you forget what he did to that dog just a few months later. The bastard should rot in hell.

~BB~

BLKGSXR
08-14-2009, 02:51 AM
I mean at least a team took him lol.

BellaBellucci
08-14-2009, 02:51 AM
Were did you see that?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4397938&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

~BB~

beantown
08-14-2009, 02:54 AM
Nope it's for real. Found it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9934296/Sources:-Vick,-Eagles-agree-to-one-year-deal

LittleGuy
08-14-2009, 02:56 AM
He did his time. Just look at Donte on cleveland he's only getting a year for killing a person. I guess animals are more important than people.

beantown
08-14-2009, 02:56 AM
To some they really are.

BellaBellucci
08-14-2009, 03:00 AM
He did his time. Just look at Donte on cleveland he's only getting a year for killing a person. I guess animals are more important than people.

That's equally atrocious, but I don't follow football as closely as I used to and so I don't know anything about it. Plus this was the torture of multiple dogs over a long period of time for his own personal gain. Is that what Donte did?

'Hey Lucifer! Got another one for ya!' :twisted:

~BB~

jjhill
08-14-2009, 03:03 AM

exactly the eagles are now my second favorite team. Go Eagles!

wombat33
08-14-2009, 03:09 AM
He has served his time and brought attention to a very vicious practice. Now I believe his purpose is to show everyone how to be humble, pick oneself up, and serve as a positive model for everyone. I wish him the best, and I look forward to enjoying his athletic achievements on the field.

Dunkie

TRUE.................POOR EAGLES

He's an asshole, loser, skank..............should I go on?

cockgobbler
08-14-2009, 03:12 AM

Well, he's getting a year suspended from the NFL. He only did something like 25 days in jail.

cockgobbler
08-14-2009, 03:13 AM

Well, he's getting a year suspended from the NFL. He only did something like 25 days in jail.

BellaBellucci
08-14-2009, 03:18 AM

exactly the eagles are now my second favorite team. Go Eagles!

I just wanted to tell you that I'm totally in love with your avatar. I <3 Roca! I just made it my background. Thanks!

Carry on. :)

~BB~

Dirky
08-14-2009, 03:19 AM
Out of all the teams, he ends up with MY Eagles. Unbelievable. They let an outstanding role model and team player like Brian Dawkins go and sign this bum? There's is going to be a media shitstorm like you won't believe. Wow, I did not see this coming. It almost makes me want to root for the Cowboys this year.

dunkiex
08-14-2009, 03:20 AM
I find what Vick did to be atrocious as well. It is the typical case where power or money corrupts one. People feel that they are above others and can do anything. So he has been brought down to earth. He paid for his crime. Let him recover his life. I believe he learned a lesson, and hopefully this has taught others a lesson as well.

Nowhere
08-14-2009, 03:22 AM

Dunkie

People have a VERY short attention span these days and will be moved on to new things in a month. That's why they took him. People will care more about the team than him.

flabbybody
08-14-2009, 03:23 AM
Jets playing Philly Thursday 09/03/09 in the last exhibition game
I hope we'll see him run the offense for a few possessions

I think he'll help the Eagles and he deserves a shot at a second chance

meghanchavalier
08-14-2009, 03:42 AM
I think it's time to stop rewarding people who do horrible things.

Too bad we can't ask Michael Vick's dogs how they feel about it. This is a picture of one of his dogs who lived. Make your own judgement call.

http://www.usanimalprotection.org/gypsy100.jpg

Felicia Katt
08-14-2009, 03:49 AM

Dunkie
thats some spin on it. Did Lee Harvey Oswald bring attention to presidential term limits? LOL

FK

jmt
08-14-2009, 03:49 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jmt
08-14-2009, 03:59 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Quiet Reflections
08-14-2009, 04:00 AM
Out of all the teams, he ends up with MY Eagles. Unbelievable. They let an outstanding role model and team player like Brian Dawkins go and sign this bum? There's is going to be a media shitstorm like you won't believe. Wow, I did not see this coming. It almost makes me want to root for the Cowboys this year.
We needed him. our backup QB hurt his knee and A.J. Feeley will need some help in the event something terrible happens

flabbybody
I'm not condoning the torture of these dogs
But why don't we attack bullfighting as cruelty? (considered an admirable and heroic sport in Spain and Portugal)
and cockfighting? (part of Latino culture from DR that takes place most nites in da Bronx)

There's a mindset of mistreating animals in the world and I think Michael is being unfairly targeted as the personification of all of this

BellaBellucci

Dunkie
thats some spin on it. Did Lee Harvey Oswald bring attention to presidential term limits? LOL

FK

LMFAO! I love that wit hon. :twisted:

~BB~

BellaBellucci
08-14-2009, 04:02 AM
I'm not condoning the torture of these dogs
But why don't we attack bullfighting as cruelty? (considered an admirable and heroic sport in Spain and Portugal)
and cockfighting? (part of Latino culture from DR that takes place most nites in da Bronx)

There's a mindset of mistreating animals in the world and I think Michael is being unfairly targeted as the personification of all of this

Because it's largely poor people who do that as a means to survive. I'm certainly not condoning it, but someone of Michael Vick's financial resources obviously just did it for 'kicks.' That's even more sickening. Plus it's here in America where it's very much against the law and for good reason: it's wholly uncivilized.

~BB~

jmt
08-14-2009, 04:16 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxx

dunkiex
08-14-2009, 04:18 AM
WOW people! This is great. It is a pleasure to be sharing thoughts on this with so many intelligent and sensitive people. Thank you for sharing and making me reflect. I greatly appreciate it.

Legend
08-14-2009, 05:22 AM
How does playing football show that you're a humble or changed person, people who keep saying that he served his time are people who just want to see if he can still run fast or throw the football really far.The guy can come back and score 100 touchdowns and rush for 1000 yards however none of that makes him a changed person.

And enough with the comparisons, stop trying to make excuses for him.

LittleGuy
08-14-2009, 05:46 AM
Why is it okay to kill deers,ducks, etc? They even have tv shows for these "sports". Arent these considered animals too. I love bambi too.

BLKGSXR
08-14-2009, 05:48 AM
A good fucking piece of venison is worth killing dear ol bambi

LittleGuy
08-14-2009, 05:49 AM
All animal cruelty is wrong but it hits much closer to home when we are talking about dogs. Dogs have been of service to man and many people consider their dog to be a part of the family. Dogs have earned and deserve certain rights in our country. Vick is a canine mass murderer. The punishment he received was a joke in relation to what he did.

Lets be real here, if you or me did this crime we would've did a few months in jail. Do you work for peta?

Scott098
08-14-2009, 05:57 AM
Been an Eagles fan for more than 30 years... lived through the Buddy Ryan years... I have never been more ashamed of my team

LittleGuy
08-14-2009, 05:59 AM
Been an Eagles fan for more than 30 years... lived through the Buddy Ryan years... I have never been more ashamed of my team

even with vick nobody can help yall win :lol:

philly has the worst fans ever

HP1000
08-14-2009, 06:07 AM

Vick did his time and paid his fines. He can also throw a pigskin! Let me ask you this? If Philly wins the Superbowl in 2010 will you be ashamed?

ozma
08-14-2009, 06:14 AM
More bitching and whining from the so-called animal lovers who eats a plate filled with cows, pigs, and chickens, smh.

But people don't say shit to the euthanizing of horses on the racetrack or the torturing of the bull i

People are losing jobs, committing suicide, soldiers are killed in Iraq and Afganistan, and people are sitting up in here bitching about a couple of dogs who were killed for sport even after the perpetrator did his time for the crime, some things will be never enough for people.

And to whoever said he should burn in helll, that is up for his God to decide on that, not you, so shut that shit up. He's alive, healthy, and playing, get over it and shut the fuck up.

jmt
08-14-2009, 06:49 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Silcc69
08-14-2009, 06:53 AM
It's funny that people think that as soon as Vick goes back to the NFL he's gonna be making millions again. Dude is so far in debt it isn't even funny. Plus he isn't gonna be making any endorsement money at all. He'd have to have a record breaking year to get anything resembling a good endorsement contract out. Is he a changed man? IDK as long as he isn't involved in dog fighting then he is. The funny thing though is that Pacman Jones was involved with the law multiple times. Ended up getting suspended for the entire season went to Dallas and got in trouble again yet nobody was trying to crucify this guy like Vick.

Dog fighting is simply a cultural thing to black people. Just like some white people like to go out and hunt dear and use there heads as trophies. Now I don't and never will do either but I do know people that dog fight.

addicted
08-14-2009, 07:32 AM
Chickens, Cows, Pigs, Sheep and Turkeys are being abused beyond compare in slaughterhouses across america and nothing is said. All I can say is if your gonna eat a burger then eat eat your dog too. Its abuse a million times over and they get away with it. America is not gonna starve to death without meat and it would be a healthier country without animal products. Vick going to jail was silly when politicians, wallstreet and modern medicine get away with killing innocent people.

Vick is back and did the time while others who do way worse get away with it and are praised. I guess the old saying is you didnt do something wrong if you get away with it. Remember its all about payoffs and people looking the other way. Vick just happened to be a scapegoat in this utterly corrupt system.

jmt
08-14-2009, 07:40 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

addicted
08-14-2009, 07:46 AM
The base salary for someone who has been in the league as many years as Vick has is 820k. He does not deserve to even have the opportunity to make that type of money again. Let the bitch go make what he can in some other league, not on the main stage.

As far as the comparisons to other players who have been in trouble like pacman or stallworth, its just asinine. In the case of stallwoth, he made a bad decision one night and got behind the wheel of his car one night after a few drinks. Vick is someone who fought, tortured, and executed innocent dogs for years. Trying to make it any less than what it is by calling it a cultural thing is just bs. I am not from the south but i am from an urban area (newark, east orange, nj). We new a few people who were involved in dog fighting but for the vast majority of us it was never acceptable or a part of our culture.

Do you eat meat?

jmt
08-14-2009, 07:49 AM
xxxxxxxxxxx

arnie666
08-14-2009, 07:53 AM
I have dealt with animal rights nut jobs in my old job.They can be pretty viscious people. Nail bombs,making threats against family members, committing arson, etc.

I wonder if some would be supporting him if he was some jobless white hick who was dogfighting? Would it really be, 'he's done his time?' .I doubt it.

He's a dirty bastard in my opinion, but as I know karma is a cunt so I expect he will pay at some point.

Silcc69
08-14-2009, 07:53 AM
The base salary for someone who has been in the league as many years as Vick has is 820k. He does not deserve to even have the opportunity to make that type of money again. Let the bitch go make what he can in some other league, not on the main stage.

As far as the comparisons to other players who have been in trouble like pacman or stallworth, its just asinine. In the case of stallwoth, he made a bad decision one night and got behind the wheel of his car one night after a few drinks. Vick is someone who fought, tortured, and executed innocent dogs for years. Trying to make it any less than what it is by calling it a cultural thing is just bs. I am not from the south but i am from an urban area (newark, east orange, nj). We new a few people who were involved in dog fighting but for the vast majority of us it was never acceptable or a part of our culture.

Most of that 820 wil be going to his debtors not him. There is virtually no way he will be making millions again unless he has record breaking year is that concept that people simply cannot grasp? Nobody forced Vick to kill those dog nobody also forced Stallworth to drive drunk. They both made bad choices. And your aren't even from the south so u have know idea how rampant dog fighting is down here.

addicted
08-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Chickens, Cows, Pigs, Sheep and Turkeys are being abused beyond compare in slaughterhouses across america and nothing is said. All I can say is if your gonna eat a burger then eat eat your dog too. Its abuse a million times over and they get away with it. America is not gonna starve to death without meat and it would be a healthier country without animal products. Vick going to jail was silly when politicians, wallstreet and modern medicine get away with killing innocent people.

Vick is back and did the time while others who do way worse get away with it and are praised. I guess the old saying is you didnt do something wrong if you get away with it. Remember its all about payoffs and people looking the other way. Vick just happened to be a scapegoat in this utterly corrupt system.

I am really amazed that some people can actually sit here and compare dogs to chickens, cows, pigs, ect. Are you serious? You can say it is hypocritical all you want but the fact of the matter is that dogs are elevated to a higher standard in out society. They have been of service to us and have become a close part of the family for many of us. They have been elevated to a higher level and have earned certain rights in our society. That is one reason why a canine mass murderer such as Vick should not be out there on the main stage playing in the nfl. This is the kind of man thousands of screaming fans are supposed to get up and cheer for when he throws a touchdown pass?

If you eat meat you should eat your dog too. Dogs are not better and pigs are smarter than dogs. Why is it so many innocent people are thrown in jail and their lives are ruined and you dont speak about that. I dont feel that people should allowed to just walk around and chop dogs heads off at will but this is a extreme double standard to the highest degree.

addicted
08-14-2009, 08:02 AM

Most of that 820 wil be going to his debtors not him. There is virtually no way he will be making millions again unless he has record breaking year is that concept that people simply cannot grasp? Nobody forced Vick to kill those dog nobody also forced Stallworth to drive drunk. They both made bad choices. And your aren't even from the south so u have know idea how rampant dog fighting is down here.

Milllions of americans go to bed hungry at night and yet politicians and congreeman who run this country dont go to jail for that. In fact obama should be in jail for his crimes against poor people.

LittleGuy
08-14-2009, 08:05 AM

Milllions of americans go to bed hungry at night and yet politicians and congreeman who run this country dont go to jail for that. In fact obama should be in jail for his crimes against poor people.

what kind of crimes against poor people? :roll:

Quiet Reflections
08-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Quarterback Michael Vick has signed a two-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles, his agent, Joel Segal, confirmed to ESPN.com.

Vick arrived in Philadelphia Tuesday morning and remained there Wednesday evening. The Eagles will hold a news conference on Friday morning to announce his signing. The first year of the deal is for $1.6 million with an option for the second year at $5.2 million, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. Vick can also earn an additional $3 million in incentives over the two years of the contract, sources told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4397938

if you want to read the full article

Silcc69
08-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Damn I had know idea the Eagles were gonna be that generous

addicted
08-14-2009, 03:01 PM
come on you didnt think the eagles were gonna pay him dog food?

drmindbender03
08-14-2009, 04:09 PM

I agree with you wholeheartedly! The man made a mistake, admitted to his mistake, and served his time. Did he harm another human being? No! Is he a threat to the community? No!

What about the rapists, robbers (people who held people at gunpoint), and drug dealers that have served their time and are back in the community? Is Micheal a more serious threat to the community than them? Absolutely not!

There are so many people in our country that are hypocrites. They say that people released from federal and state institutions should not be allowed to get a free ride once they are released. They say that these individuals should go out and get a job. Well, what the fuck do you think that Micheal Vick is trying to do?

For example, let's say that a guy was a brick mason before he went to prison or a woman was a hair stylist before she went to prison. Does it not make sense for them to go back to their prior occupations once they are released? Does it not make sense for someone to get employment in an area that they are skilled in? Isn't Vick skilled in professional entertainment? Doesn't The NFL provide nothing but entertainment?

I thought that America was all about choices. I thought that we had the choice to choose a any occupation that is deemed to be legal.

There is a double standard here in America. Look at how Kobe Bryant was treated when he was accused of sexual assault. Look at how Ben Roethlisberger (quaterback of The Pittsburgh Steelers) is being treated. Kobe's endorsements and public support flew out of the window. He was proved to be innocent, but the damage had been done to his reputation and revenue.

Look at Big Ben. You don't see the media covering his situation as intensely as Bryant's. Is the public attacking him? No! Is the media attacking him? No! Are his endorsers pulling away from him? No!
The difference in the matter is the color of skin!

As I said in an earlier post, no one had or still has a problem with Martha Stewart getting back on television earning millions of dollars after being convicted of a federal crime. So why is there a problem with Vick doing the same? Oh, I almost forgot. He is a black man!

MrF
08-14-2009, 04:35 PM
If they're going to pay Vick so much he'd better play. I'm guessing he could play halfback or tight end. Hard to imagine paying that much for a backup QB, but maybe it's standard these days ?

Vick did his time and lost a lot of money. I think he's been punished enough and deserves a 2nd chance. Maybe something good will come out of it, like people will be more thoughtful when handling animals.

sugdaddie69
08-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Eagles STILL my favorite team.Congrats to Vick and the Eagles......Fuck Peta and anyone else who can't move on.

zinco100
08-14-2009, 06:01 PM

Vick bred, fought, tortured, and executed dogs for years.......comparing that to someone who went out one night and made a poor decision is just assinine.

are you suggesting Vick shouldn't be able to work again? Playing football is his job. He does it for a living. He deserves a second chance. Should he not be allowed to work at the local supermarket as well? or are you suggesting he just shouldnt be able to play in the NFL for some reason? Both are just jobs.

Let him move on. There are far worse cases of dogfighting rings going on worldwide, people only seem to care when its a well known person.

ozma
08-14-2009, 06:59 PM

ozma
08-14-2009, 07:00 PM

So you think the death of a human being is beneath the death of some dogs?!?!?!

Are you fucking insane!?!?!

addicted
08-14-2009, 07:47 PM

Vick bred, fought, tortured, and executed dogs for years.......comparing that to someone who went out one night and made a poor decision is just assinine.

are you suggesting Vick shouldn't be able to work again? Playing football is his job. He does it for a living. He deserves a second chance. Should he not be allowed to work at the local supermarket as well? or are you suggesting he just shouldnt be able to play in the NFL for some reason? Both are just jobs.

Let him move on. There are far worse cases of dogfighting rings going on worldwide, people only seem to care when its a well known person.

No he should not be allowed to work in the pet food section of a supermarket stacking alpo bags.

giovanni_hotel
08-14-2009, 08:02 PM
I think it's time to stop rewarding people who do horrible things.

Too bad we can't ask Michael Vick's dogs how they feel about it. This is a picture of one of his dogs who lived. Make your own judgement call.

http://www.usanimalprotection.org/gypsy100.jpg

You're an asshole meghan!! That photo has been posted multiple times of a random pitbull with horrific injuries from dogfights, yet nowhere is there any atrribution or EVIDENCE this is one of the dogs rescued from Vick's Bad Newz Kennel.

In fact, when you see photos of Fed agents confiscating his dogs, most were in very good condition and none that I saw had their faces chewed off.

( Meghan, maybe you're not an asshole :wink: , but spreading anti-dogfighting propaganda about Vick for dramatic effect is definitely an asshole manuever.)

Clue to those who don't know, dogfighting owners invest 100s if not thousands of dollars into their animals; rarely do they allow their dogs to fight to the death.

Once one animal is caught in a submissive position, ( its neck squarely in the jaws of another animal), or is unwilling to fight, the animals are pulled apart.

Why are so many non football fans on a site like HA caught up in a case like Vick's?

American football is a bloodsport, is it any surprise that Vick would be drawn to a sport like dogfighting??

DOgfighting was only classified as a federal crime I think like two years ago, befoe then it was considered a misdemeanor offense.

Is everyone equally opposed to horse racing? The euthanizing of greyhounds once they no longer can run?

The millions of dogs and cats that are killed 'humanely' every year in animal shelters???

jmt
08-14-2009, 08:11 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

giovanni_hotel
08-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Damn I had know idea the Eagles were gonna be that generous

They paid him that scratch because Vick is the most electrifying playmaker in the NFL!!!

People really need to get off his jock.

His not a 9 to 5 working stiff. He's an entertainer/pro athlete. So long as he has marketable skills, someone is going to pay him handsomely.

It's the American way, and I wish people would stop suggesting he doesn't 'deserve' to make millions or play football.

jmt
08-14-2009, 08:34 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sp fan
08-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Some people think dogs are more imporatant than humans.

giovanni_hotel
08-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Jmt, I'm from Virginia and have followed this case closely and know participants in the sport.

The majority of Vick's dogs were seized alive by authorities and relocated to shelters for rehabilitation.

Vick was convicted on federal charges of running an interstate gambling operation based around the illegal sport of dogfighting.

Crossing state lines for the purposes of supporting an illegal gambling operation is what caused the Fed charges to kick in.

You think the U.S. government really is that concerned about the welfare of animals (dogs)??

Who's clueless now??

If he'd kept it local, Vick never would have been convicted on federal charges.

Reality check, when you run a dog fighting operation, dogs unwilling or no longer able to fight are put down, by whatever means available.

He didn't torture the dogs for kicks, he killed animals that no longer had value to him or his operation.

The same way that racehorses and greyhounds are killed when they no longer can run because of injury.

Polish up on your reading comprehension skills, as you've not addressed ANY of my broader points.

Dogfighting is not a sport where animals are put into a pit and fought 'to the death'.

That's media and PETA promoted propaganda.

I posted in this silly thread because there's no PROOF whatsoever that the photo of the brutalized pitbull is one of Vick's dogs. It's random photo people have attached to the story, but with no evidence to prove it was provided by investigative journalists or Federal agents.

Dogfighting is heinous and personally I don't condone it.

But this country kills MILLIONS of stray dogs and cats every year, the same fate that would befall your own pet if it's picked up by the local humane society without tags.

In Korea they eat Fido and in China they use the fur for apparel items.

I get the love people have for their household pets, but dogs ain't human beings(!!), but personally I care more about the atrocities committed by man against his own kind than some pro football player's dogfighting hobby.

And jmt, how many horses do you know that 'choose' to become racehorses?

How many dogs do you know that choose to particpate in the Iditarod in Alaska?

Let's not pretend dogfighting is the only kind of animal abuse.

AmericanDream
08-14-2009, 10:34 PM
That was really stupid....

I'm pretty sure these dogs were all bred to fight from birth. He wasn't picking up stray dogs and making them fight, ok? Good try though.

you say - "You think the U.S. government really is that concerned about the welfare of animals (dogs)??

Who's clueless now?? "

You're clueless. Since when are we concerned in the same things the government is concerned with, it's people who have such a big problem with it and that's fine. Government is looking to make money you fool, of course they don't care if some dog gets shot in someones backyard. Anyway Mike Vick was stupid and made the wrong moves, it doesn't matter if the U.S. government isn't really concerned, that doesn't mean it's not wrong.

I don't know if he's learned his lesson, but I'll guess we'll see. He can try to "pay his debt to society", but he'll never be able to pay his debt to those dogs he tortured and killed.

This is America, if you want to dogfight maybe you can go to Mexico or something.

addicted
08-14-2009, 10:42 PM
mike vicks penalty for this should have been getting stuck in the butt by suzanna holmes. Some would say this is pleasure though

giovanni_hotel
08-14-2009, 10:46 PM
We ARE the govenment, Dream, contrary to what you've heard.

If people don't vote and hold elected officials accountable, that's on the people for dereliction of their civic responsibilities, not the fault of the government.

We elected the congressmen and governors who appointed judges that changed the law that resulted in Vick being prosecuted in the first place.

My point about the millions of dogs killed every year in animal shelters is that some of you seem to have selective outrage about the killing of canines.

My comparison of dogfighting to football and boxing is that the end goal is NOT the death of one of the participants, however because of the violent nature of all three sports, occasionally deaths do occur.

No one fights dogs to see their dog die. This is a myth and simply not the case.

AmericanDream
08-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Your comparison is wrong. It'd be better to compare it to a war, as soon as one's wounded enough and defenseless, it ends. There's also ones that are lost in the war and some just get battle wounds. I'd say that's a much more accurate comparison then yours.

giovanni_hotel
08-14-2009, 11:06 PM
Um, if the U.S. military is sent in to clear a neighborhood in Baghdad, unless someone surrenders, nothing ends because someone is wounded and defensless.

The goal is to 'eliminate' the enemy. There's nothing sporting about it.

That's not what dogfighting is about, not even close.

I don't have stats to back it up, but I'd be shocked if more than 15% of dogs die directly or indirectly from injuries received from dogfighting.

AmericanDream
08-14-2009, 11:12 PM
I don't think you really know what goes on at these dogfighting rings. You need to stop talking about it until you really know what goes on there.

The dog is trying to eliminate the opponent, they're trained for it just like the military is.

jmt
08-14-2009, 11:45 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dirky
08-15-2009, 12:14 AM
I live fairly close to Philly and I can tell you the reaction from the Philadelphia fans to Vick's signing is universally negative to downright hostile. Even the owner of the team Jeffrey Lurie came out and said he was "disgusted" by what Vick did to the dogs. He more or less said one fuck-up by Vick and he's out. It appears Lurie was talked into it by Andy Reid, GM Joe Banner and Donovan MacNabb. It's going to be a very interesting season this year in Eagle-land.

Silcc69
08-15-2009, 12:33 AM
I think everybody boils down to people in 2 different groups you either think Vick is the scum of the earth and doesn't deserve a second chance in the NFL or you either think he did the crime, served his time and deserves another shot at the NFl.

Dirky
08-15-2009, 12:49 AM
I think everybody boils down to people in 2 different groups you either think Vick is the scum of the earth and doesn't deserve a second chance in the NFL or you either think he did the crime, served his time and deserves another shot at the NFl.

Last night I felt he was scum and now today I'm leaning towards the latter part of your statement. He was humble and remorseful at his press conference today and while he had no choice but to say what he needed to say, he at least earned a few more positive points in my view. Give him a chance to redeem himself. He's vowed to educate young people against the evils of dog-fighting and I'm sure the humane society (who were represented at the press conference today) will make sure he keeps his word.

giovanni_hotel
08-15-2009, 12:59 AM
I don't think you really know what goes on at these dogfighting rings. You need to stop talking about it until you really know what goes on there.

The dog is trying to eliminate the opponent, they're trained for it just like the military is.

I'm from Virginia and currently live about 100 miles from where he grew up.

Many young Black men have seen underground dog fights and NO ONE fights their dog with the expressed purpose to see their animal or someone else's die in a pit.

People invest too much monetarily and emotionally(!!) into their animals to do something stupid like that.

When one dog quits fighting and is about to get its throat ripped open or face chewed off, the owners race to the middle of the ring to separate the dogs.

DO a google search.
Dog fighting isn't TO THE DEATH, that's PETA and media generated BS.

Here's a Brit documentary on dogfighting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q46d_xw_vOY

Another vid

Just because you don't know of whence you speak, Ameran Dream, doesn't mean others don't.

And change your avatar!!!!!

So jmt, you're cool with millions of stray cats and dogs killed every year??
There is no 'humane' way to kill a dog.

Most dudes who dog fight don't have the drugs animal shelter vets use to kill dogs, so they use whatever is at hand.

AmericanDream
08-15-2009, 02:21 AM
This guy really is something else...

Silcc69
08-15-2009, 02:43 AM

Last night I felt he was scum and now today I'm leaning towards the latter part of your statement. He was humble and remorseful at his press conference today and while he had no choice but to say what he needed to say, he at least earned a few more positive points in my view. Give him a chance to redeem himself. He's vowed to educate young people against the evils of dog-fighting and I'm sure the humane society (who were represented at the press conference today) will make sure he keeps his word.

I think he will and I have know issues with the Humane Society it's those fuckers at PETA who I hate with a passion.

meghanchavalier
08-15-2009, 05:06 AM
Say what you will about me...but I wasn't the person who killed dogs for entertainment purposes. I think the only football Michael Vick should be playing is behind prison walls. And as I said before, quit rewarding people after they've done horrible things.

I hope he gets eaten by a pack of wild dogs. And if that makes me an asshole, then so be it.

ozma
08-15-2009, 06:35 AM
Say what you will about me...but I wasn't the person who killed dogs for entertainment purposes. I think the only football Michael Vick should be playing is behind prison walls. And as I said before, quit rewarding people after they've done horrible things.

I hope he gets eaten by a pack of wild dogs. And if that makes me an asshole, then so be it.

By that logic half of rural America should be locked up for killing deer, boars, etc. for sport

Fair is fair, right???

http://www.slurvemag.com/Season3/images/sarah-palin-moose-hunting.jpg

But nobodies says anything about Palin or Farve doing that shit.

SMH

Helvis2012
08-15-2009, 03:11 PM
This is a new low for NFL.

Helvis2012
08-15-2009, 03:27 PM

By that logic half of rural America should be locked up for killing deer, boars, etc. for sport

Fair is fair, right???

SMH

Not quite. In this country, we allow hunting some animals but not dogs and cats. One has nothing to do with the other.

That wasn't even a good try. Try to show a little self respect next time.

LittleGuy
08-15-2009, 04:38 PM

Fair is fair, right???

SMH

Not quite. In this country, we allow hunting some animals but not dogs and cats. One has nothing to do with the other.

Why is it okay to hunt deers and not dogs or cats? Look at that poor innocent deer. Just think of her children she left behind. What kind of sick fuck would kill an innocent animal and pose for picture with it? You need to show a little self-respect next time.

ozma
08-15-2009, 05:29 PM

Fair is fair, right???

SMH

It's the same thing bitch!

Killing animals for sport.

An animal is a animal. You didn't even attempt to argue about the wolf on Palin's plane.

Sorry, try again.

mtbazz
08-15-2009, 08:52 PM
I didnt read all the posts here, but dog fighting is disgusting and cruel. Vick for sure did his time, but he doesnt deserve to go back to the NFL.

As for him signing with the Eagles, considering that Philadelphia is the place where fans stomp other fans to death, my feeling is that the philly fans deserve this.

Helvis2012
08-15-2009, 11:16 PM

Fair is fair, right???

SMH

Why is it okay to hunt deers and not dogs or cats? Look at that poor innocent deer. Just think of her children she left behind. What kind of sick fuck would kill an innocent animal and pose for picture with it? You need to show a little self-respect next time.

You moron......do you really this explained to you?

Helvis2012
08-15-2009, 11:27 PM

Fair is fair, right???

SMH

An animal is a animal. You didn't even attempt to argue about the wolf on Palin's plane.

Sorry, try again.

Really, you stupid fuck?!?!?!?!?1

Then why, you dumb whore, did Vick go to prison in the first place?

Stupid whore.

giovanni_hotel
08-16-2009, 01:06 AM
If you hunt deer or any game animal out of season, or hunt on protected federal park land, you will be fined and/or arrested too, 'dumb fuck'.

Also, notice the difference, Sarah Palin was popping wolves from a prop plane for the sick FUCK OF IT!!!

Name calling gets you nowhere, Helvis...

LittleGuy
08-16-2009, 01:07 AM
seems like somebody is upset. go vick :D

ruff ruff

SarahG
08-16-2009, 01:12 AM
Killing for sport still doesn't allow you to be excessively inhumane to a given animal.

That's what makes dog fighting illegal.

We eat pigs, chickens, and cows all the time but I'd still be going to jail if I went and got one, drenched it in gasoline, and lit it on fire to watch it run around in pain. Even if I then waited for the fire to cook it so I could have a improv BBQ, it would still be quite illegal.

LittleGuy
08-16-2009, 01:14 AM
Killing for sport still doesn't allow you to be excessively inhumane to a given animal.

We eat pigs, chickens, and cows all the time but I'd still be going to jail if I went and got one, drenched it in gasoline, and lit it on fire to watch it run around in pain. Even if I then waited for the fire to cook it so I could have a improv BBQ, it would still be quite illegal.

youre making me hungry :?

SarahG
08-16-2009, 01:16 AM

youre making me hungry :?

Of course with my luck if I were to try that, the pig would lit everything I own on fire before it would pass out from the pain- and then I'd be looking at arson charges in addition to the animal cruelty.... and my renters insurance probably wouldn't cover the damages.

Not that I would need my stuff in jail anyway.

ozma
08-16-2009, 01:50 AM

Fair is fair, right???

SMH

Sorry, try again.

Really, you stupid fuck?!?!?!?!?1

Then why, you dumb whore, did Vick go to prison in the first place?

Stupid whore.

Relax faggot, don't get your panties in a bundle! :lol: :lol:

As I said mf, Vick and Palin kills/killed animals for sports, but one gets ostracized for it.

And Vick is the one that should "rot in hell" even though people poach and maim animals everyday. Give it a rest, he paid his dues and he's getting his money. Move the fuck on.

Oh btw, that's not even me in that pic, dumb fuck.

addicted
08-16-2009, 05:33 AM
watching vick in practice and laughing at these obsessed dog loving freaks. kick rocks

runamok
08-16-2009, 08:11 AM
When he comes to Giants stadium, I hope one of my thousands of brothers hits him in the head with a "D" cell battery.

I also hope he goes blind and ends up with an eye seeing dog for the rest of his life. I then hope his eye seeing dog leads him to an open elevator shaft on the 99th floor.

Here's to hope.

freak
08-16-2009, 08:33 AM
Why would any team give this guy a shot? It is a gimmick to get people in seats, he will never play, he was never even a average NFL QB, how he er made a pro bowl is a mystery, he was exciting but that is it, he has the worst stats of any big name NFL QB, his 75% rating is terrible, McNabb will be the starter and he isn't even that good compared to Brady, Mannings, Garcia or even the Brees or Cassel's in the league. He will be a gimmck player at best, this will be a short season even if he makes it. He wouldn't start on any team right now and most likely never will again.

giovanni_hotel
08-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Why would any team give this guy a shot? It is a gimmick to get people in seats, he will never play, he was never even a average NFL QB, how he er made a pro bowl is a mystery, he was exciting but that is it, he has the worst stats of any big name NFL QB, his 75% rating is terrible, McNabb will be the starter and he isn't even that good compared to Brady, Mannings, Garcia or even the Brees or Cassel's in the league. He will be a gimmck player at best, this will be a short season even if he makes it. He wouldn't start on any team right now and most likely never will again.

Vick took Atlanta to the NFC championship, dude.

Sure, he was an unconventional QB, but he sure found a way to manufacture enough plays to win football games.

The Eagles didn't sign Vick to roughly an $8 mil contract to 'fill the seats' with a gimmick.

As someone stated earlier this week on ESPN, as it stands Vick is the ultimate backup Qb, since no team will be prepared for him if he goes in the game.

When your team has a QB who can throw the ball 80 yards and run 80 yards for a TD, that's a weapon.

freak
08-16-2009, 09:12 AM

Vick took Atlanta to the NFC championship, dude.

Sure, he was an unconventional QB, but he sure found a way to manufacture enough plays to win football games.

The Eagles didn't sign Vick to roughly an $8 mil contract to 'fill the seats' with a gimmick.

As someone stated earlier this week on ESPN, as it stands Vick is the ultimate backup Qb, since no team will be prepared for him if he goes in the game.

When your team has a QB who can throw the ball 80 yards and run 80 yards for a TD, that's a weapon.

1.6 million with an option that will never get filled. He isn't the same QB he was a few years ago, he hasn't played or been hit in years. He didn't take them to the NFC Championship by his self they did have good TEAMS then. As for his 80 yard passes, the guy in the stands is the one that catches those.
As I stated he would be on the bench at best, that is if he doesn't get cut.