PDA

View Full Version : ABC's hit series Lost, once again

hondarobot
10-20-2005, 02:27 AM
Tonight's the night! We find out what the numbers mean, why everyone is on the island, what the "hatches" are all about, who the "others" are, and what kind of underwear that cute brunette chick wears (and how has everyone been getting by this whole time with just one set of underwear?).

Or not.

We'll find out what further baffling mysteries were going to be subjected to in about 20 minutes. . .for those who are also addicted to the show, of course.

I'm telling ya, this thing is driving me crazy.

Quinn
10-20-2005, 02:31 AM
I'll be watching it.

-Quinn

hondarobot
10-20-2005, 02:40 AM
We'll have to compare notes after the show, Quinn.

I wish seanchai would give us some inside scoop, he lives over there after all, where they shoot the thing.

partlycloudy
10-20-2005, 02:55 AM
that tough guy character had a gun pulled on him during a home invasion.

hondarobot
10-20-2005, 03:03 AM
I read that too. Rumor has it the perpetrator was disguised as Shelly Winters and shouted angrily for a tin of beans.

But that's yet to be confirmed at this point.

8)

partlycloudy
10-20-2005, 03:18 AM
http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/news/5097408/detail.html

hondarobot
10-20-2005, 03:30 AM
No, I know it really happened Partly, I was just making a jab at a certain brit who won't give us inside spoilers on the series, if he has any.

I'm Irish, I can't help myself.

Quinn
10-20-2005, 03:49 AM
Honda,

There are no notes to compare on this episode because nothing – and I do mean nothing – happened.
What a waste of an episode. Then, they tell us it's a three week wait for the next one. Shit.......

-Quinn

hondarobot
What the hell was that episode all about? Good grief, It's just driving me nuts.

I've got to get ready to go out tonight (cute little bartender girl, I'm not lying, great boobs).

But that episode sucked!

partlycloudy
oh, ok.

Quinn
10-20-2005, 03:55 AM
That's much better. Suddenly, the whole episode thing is not so important.

-Quinn

joyboy123
10-20-2005, 04:04 AM
Honda,

There are no notes to compare on this episode because nothing – and I do mean nothing – happened.
What a waste of an episode. Then, they tell us it's a three week wait for the next one. Shit.......

-Quinn

They seem to be doing a lot of that this season, dragging stuff out.

Bigguy
10-20-2005, 04:52 AM
I had found a few sites that did some research on the show and they hunted down some clues that led to this site: http://bigspaceship1.com/
It has something to do with the show and has hidden clues. I think it is just there to drive us more nuts.

BlackAdder
10-20-2005, 05:09 AM
The show was character development ....pretty common...Some interaction between that guy that was shot and that latina chica....Some back story on Jin and his wife......the whole part about dude just running off into the forest was really farfetched though....contrived.......

What i found interesting....The others dont leave tracks and you can only find them if they want to be found......the signif of the teddy bear? All strange things.

TomSelis
10-20-2005, 12:33 PM
I think the teddy bear signifiies that those people were once like the people that are lost now. Kind of like Lord of the Flies where one group is more civilized and one group degenerated. The teddy bear might show that they have been there for a LONG time and that's what they turned into.

hondarobot
10-20-2005, 04:58 PM
Cool theory Tom, but keep in mind what show were talking about. Like last weeks episode, where the black girl is wondering if her husband survived in the tail section of the plane. We meet the tail section people, one of whom is the big black guy. Aha! Her husband survived.

Then at the end of the episode, the old white guy asks "Did my wife survive the crash?" Shit. They got us again (or at least me).

I'm not making predicitions anymore, I'm just watching the show.

:)

TomSelis
10-20-2005, 11:59 PM
Well yeah...watching the show is like reading a T.S. Eliot poem, but on a lesser level. You have to know your shit to make real sense out of it.

What got me thinking about that was the fact that, the guy pulled "Turn of the Screw" off of the bookshelf in "The number" episode. I thought "Oh shit! That's what this episode is like!" But you have to read "Turn of the Screw" to know that it was a mind-fuck just like the book.

The show has levels, they're just hard to figure out.

Quinn
10-21-2005, 12:19 AM
Well yeah...watching the show is like reading a T.S. Eliot poem, but on a lesser level. You have to know your shit to make real sense out of it.

What got me thinking about that was the fact that, the guy pulled "Turn of the Screw" off of the bookshelf in "The number" episode. I thought "Oh shit! That's what this episode is like!" But you have to read "Turn of the Screw" to know that it was a mind-fuck just like the book.

Tom, you, too, noticed the whole "Turn of the Screw" thing. I think Sawyer reading "Watership Down" was another hidden tidbit – particularly when you consider how the other crash survivors have been hunted by "the others." There are definitely concentric circles to ponder when considering the storyline. The writers like to play with the viewers.

-Quinn

Slither
10-21-2005, 12:33 AM
I'm starting to lose my patience with this show. Last nights episode was bullshit.. absolutely nothing of any substance happened, and now we have to wait 3 FUCKING WEEKS for a new episode?

TomSelis
10-21-2005, 12:37 AM

Tom, you, too, noticed the whole "Turn of the Screw" thing. I think Sawyer reading "Watership Down" was another hidden tidbit – particularly when you consider how the other crash survivors have been hunted by "the others." There are definitely concentric circles to ponder when considering the storyline. The writers like to play with the viewers.

-Quinn

I missed the "Watership Down" one, but it makes alot of sense too!

brickcitybrother
10-21-2005, 02:26 AM

-Quinn

I missed the "Watership Down" one, but it makes alot of sense too!Agreed!

hondarobot
10-21-2005, 02:54 AM
What the hell was "The Turn Of The Screw" all about anyways? Back in high school years I was seeing this girl who asked me if I had read it or not. She did the whole "You've read a lot of books, have you ever read this one?" I said no, so she went on with the "I got this stupid book report to write, and it's due on Monday. I'll never read it in time. I guess I'll fail the class. . .I wish I could read as fast you can. . . " (insert sad girl face)

Of course I tried to read the damn book for her over the weekend. I just couldn't get into it. Something about two kids in some spooky old house. I think there was some ghost involved in some way. I really can't remember. It's suppose to be a great book, but I just couldn't absorb the damn thing. It was one of the few times I kept falling asleep trying to read something, couldn't help it.

I ended up buying her Cliff Notes.

:?

TomSelis
10-21-2005, 05:49 AM
Turn of the Screw is deep. It's all about perception, point of view and interpretation. You got the point about the ghosts. The thing is....who else saw the ghosts but the governess? The two kids seem to act like they saw the ghosts, but you can't be too sure, because the way they act....it's like "Yeah...ghosts...I saw them too." :roll: The story is told from the governess' perspective so you automatically take her side. But there are some things she does that are questionable. She is extremely possessive of the children. She's always hugging them (too tightly) So are they agreeing because they are afraid of her or because they really do see the ghosts too? If you think about it from a kid's perspective, what would you think about a woman that "sees dead people?"
The little boy dies in the end...apparently from fright from seeing the ghost. But did he die of fright or because the governess smothered him to dead while hugging him? It doesn't end with anything conclusive. It only makes you want to read it again to see if you missed something important that would help you make sense of it all.

hondarobot
10-21-2005, 06:25 AM
Hmmm, interesting. I get the idea behind writing a story as a puzzle for the reader to figure out. . .but I also hate it sometimes. It's great, lots of people love that sort of stuff and in cases of some books and even shows like "Lost" it's fun.

Sometimes you just want to know what the hell is going on and hear a straight forward story. It's all a matter of perspective I guess.

But sometimes I hate the tricks and silly, manipulative stuff. Just tell me a story. I don't need anyone trying to "make me" think, I just want to know what the hell she or he is thinking about.

My opinion, I'm just saying. . .

TomSelis
10-21-2005, 06:26 AM
They say there's two sides to every story and then there's the truth.

hondarobot
10-21-2005, 06:39 AM
Absolutely right, Tom.

All I know is I'm tough enough to make it through anything, it's a jedi thing.

8)