PDA

View Full Version : Why does PETA get away with this shit?

Silcc69
08-08-2009, 12:21 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.slashfood.com/media/2009/08/080709-unhappy.jpg

http://www.slashfood.com/2009/08/07/peta-unhappy-meals-targeting-kids?icid=main|aimzones|dl3|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww .slashfood.com%2F2009%2F08%2F07%2Fpeta-unhappy-meals-targeting-kids

tommymageeshemales2
08-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Interesting. It's not for anyone to explain how they get away with it imo, because the reality is that they are getting away with it.....with limited success when you consider their efforts, as far as I can tell. I for one loathe animal cruelty but would do all I could to have no association with PETA.

JeniferTS
08-08-2009, 12:37 AM
damn i'm hungry now.

tommymageeshemales2
08-08-2009, 12:40 AM
Krotch Hamilton has some interest points, see his comments below. But what's most intriguing is Brandie's reference to crap....is she saying that if someone crapped in her child's hands she'd knock the crap out of the child (I assume a swift jab in the back would cause the crap to be flung from the child's hands).....or is it the more literal meaning (which means a punch/knee to the kids intestines), PETA might not care but the Children's Bureau might....Brandie the Bitch!

raybbaby
08-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Ummm, it's called free speech. Larry Flynt would tell you it doesn't exist to protect the speech you agree with, but to protect the speech you hate.

Cubpocalypse
08-08-2009, 01:04 AM
Krotch Hamilton has some interest points

Not at all, George Carlin did a 5 minute bit about that about 10 years ago. So he's not even original.

Ben
08-08-2009, 01:13 AM
Ummm, it's called free speech. Larry Flynt would tell you it doesn't exist to protect the speech you agree with, but to protect the speech you hate.

McDonald's isn't my cup of tea. (But I'm a libertarian. I mean, people can do what they like.) I was put off by reading Eric Schlosser's book Fast Food Nation.

tommymageeshemales2
08-08-2009, 01:22 AM
Krotch Hamilton has some interest points

Not at all, George Carlin did a 5 minute bit about that about 10 years ago. So he's not even original.

Kudos to George Carlin, the horribly repetitive pseudointellectual that he is....I mean was. Pity he never thought to add any jokes to his rants, I mean gigs.....no I mean rants...what do I mean?!

Anyway, you can take it that by no means was I being serious when I credited Krotch Hamilton with having an interesting take on animal protection in the USA. I was being ironic. Shame you missed that.

hippifried
08-08-2009, 02:10 AM
Get away with it????

Who's going to stop it?
Better question might be: What would you be willing to do to stop it?
Follw up: Would you be willing to put up with someone doing the same to you for some reason?

Silcc69
08-08-2009, 02:29 AM

Well that doesn't fly if it's on private property. They could be arrested for trespassing or soliciting.

OEMEnemyNum1
08-08-2009, 03:12 AM

Well that doesn't fly if it's on private property. They could be arrested for trespassing or soliciting.

Amen, but honestly I'm a member of the People Eating Tasty Animals organization. mmmmmm.

Silcc69
08-08-2009, 03:18 AM
U know they had a website out and Peta took them to court and actually one.

OEMEnemyNum1
08-08-2009, 03:20 AM
See thats what I hate. They want their freedom of speech, but will stifle someone else.

Silcc69
08-08-2009, 03:36 AM
Yeah here it is right here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_Eating_Tasty_Animals

dan_drade
08-08-2009, 08:14 AM
I for one can't wait to have a peta fool hand one of those to my kid. I'll show my kid how to force feed some mcnuggets to a peta fool. LOL.

scroller
08-08-2009, 09:03 AM
See thats what I hate. They want their freedom of speech, but will stifle someone else.

The page is still up -- it's just not hosted at the domain 'peta.org'.