PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe:Rise of Cobra movie ?

pantybulge69
08-07-2009, 06:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGeRXlHdNJ0

i can't wait to see G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra movie this weekend.
Anyone planning to go see it ?
The trailers and previews just looks so awesome,off-the-hook !!
i think it's going to be kick ass CGI effects and fighting choregraphy.
how much talk and hype is it getting ?

tsntx
08-07-2009, 06:13 AM
they refused to show it to critics

the biggest "hit" of the summer not shown to the ppl that would be able to give it that title....?

take it as a hint

tsntx
08-07-2009, 06:17 AM
they refused to show it to critics

the biggest "hit" of the summer not shown to the ppl that would be able to give it that title....?

take it as a hint

Alyssa87
08-07-2009, 06:32 AM
i'm gonna have to watch that in the privacy of my bedroom on torrent
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_ERGrznxTIwo/Sly8NdbWlgI/AAAAAAAAWlI/IJoTCL4Nxls/Channing%20Tatum%20Shirtless%20in%20GQ%20Magazine% 20August%20Issue%20picture%5B7%5D.jpg
:jerkoff

pantybulge69
08-07-2009, 06:38 AM
nahh, i've never put much stock in movie critics before i see a
movie anyway. i might chime in on their reviews after i see it as a
curiousity but never let them detour me from seeing one that looks
intriguing.
i can still remember hearing a few of them blasting the
past Wolverine movie (which i loved !!) 8)

Quiet Reflections
08-07-2009, 06:42 AM
i don't want to live in a world where the GI Joe guys wear Mech suits. The BATs in the cartoon were enough robotics for me

Legend
08-07-2009, 06:47 AM
This movie looks like epic s**t its cgi galore and bad acting but anything which marlon wayans in it is bad.Another bad remake.

Quiet Reflections
08-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Tomax and Xamot aren't even in it. At least they put Zartan in it

Ryz
08-07-2009, 07:14 AM
GI JOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEE

Quiet Reflections
08-07-2009, 07:25 AM
GI JOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEE

Cobra-LALALALALA!

underdog6
08-07-2009, 07:56 AM
Is Destro in it? Nothing like a guy in a metal mask whose lips move. Nevermind. So long as Cobra Commader is kool and not a wimp it might be worth watching.

Quiet Reflections
08-07-2009, 08:02 AM
he's in it but not with a metal face

Silcc69
08-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Anybody notice how A Real American Hero was left out? And I also read that Scarlett's love interesting is going to be Snake Eye's. Then the mech suits. The movie hasn't even came out and that is 3 strikes already.

Mugai_hentaisha
08-07-2009, 03:06 PM
I am going to see it I have always been a Snake Eyes fan

TJ347
08-07-2009, 04:58 PM
It's bound to be garbage, just like all the other classic 80s cartoons I love that've been "updated" to adjust for the limited attention span of today's audiences. As was already pointed out, no advanced review by critics and Marlon Wayans being featured in any capacity tells me all I need to know...

scroller
08-07-2009, 05:58 PM
It looks truly awful. (1) mech suits, (2) CGI "bullet time", (3) Destro with no mask, (4) Baronness with no accent, (5) acting in trailers, (6) no advance critics screening. One step up from direct-to-video.

Also, the Wolverine movie was kind of astonishingly bad. I wouldn't have seen that either but I was on the road with a buddy with nothing else to do.

sucka4chix
08-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Nerds--- the plight of America!
I get that there was a GI Joe cartoon--- I used to watch it! But it was based on a re-release of a toy. The original GI Joe was a toy. No storyline. No villains. Back in those days kids had imaginations and Joe could be anything. So if the movie really wants to be true to GI Joe, they should tell the story of how Joe's real nemesis is Big Jim and how Joe kicked Ken's punk-ass and fucked Barbie, and how he cooked Action Jackson in the easy bake oven then rode off on a Tonka Nylint bulldozer.
If you don't know about those episodes, and/or you never had the 11.5 inch GI Joe with the life-like hair (that fell out when submerged in water) or at the very least GI Joe with the kung-fu grip, STFU about what the movie left out!

raybbaby
08-07-2009, 07:49 PM
After Transformer 2, I'm steering clear of this type of garbage. My gut tells me this will be baaaaad. Maybe not Trans. 2 bad, but pretty darn close.

kukm4
08-07-2009, 08:22 PM
No Tomax and Xamot!
Deal breaker.

BLKGSXR
08-07-2009, 08:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGeRXlHdNJ0

i can't wait to see G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra movie this weekend.
Anyone planning to go see it ?
The trailers and previews just looks so awesome,off-the-hook !!
i think it's going to be kick ass CGI effects and fighting choregraphy.
how much talk and hype is it getting ?waiting for the critics mad and cruel comments lol... so I have to see it because marlon wayans is ha-fucking-larrious in every movie he does, so yeah :lol:

Celeste
08-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Saw it last night, it was ok. Bad acting, but Channing was nice to look at :wink:

jaycanuck
08-07-2009, 09:09 PM
I think I'll enjoy this movie. I watched the shows when I was 10....and I don't think they could have the cheesiness of that in this movie.

Transformers worked well in that they had just enough of the story to bring older viewers in and a lot of new punch to bring younger viewers in. I keep saying one of the biggest draws to the Transformer movie has been the fact they got Peter Cullen back for Prime's voice.

I would wager the fight between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow will be well worth the price of admission.

Silcc69
08-08-2009, 12:18 AM
THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS!

http://worldsoforos.com/secondviews/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/gi2.jpg
[/img]

rockabilly
08-08-2009, 12:27 AM
The animated movie was altered , Duke was supposed to die ... but after the "death" of Optimus Prime in the Transformers movie and the angry calls from parents whose kids were upset , Duke only was injured. The movie has a decent cast but thats it ... i'll wait for dvd.

Legend
08-08-2009, 12:40 AM
I can't believe they took away "real american hero " to please some random towel head who wants to kill us, this movie isn't g.i joe if it isn't going to empathize fighting for america and being an american hero.

rockabilly
08-08-2009, 12:45 AM
Arent they mercenaries now ? Or just listed as black ops ? That's the problem w/ movies based on cartoons , remember Dolph Lundgren as He-Man ?!
I mean how hard does it have to be to follow what the cartoon laid out ... they better not fuck up Thundercats. On a side note Uwe Bolls GO-BOTS should be coming to the bargain bin.

raybbaby
08-08-2009, 12:51 AM
When is "Blackwater the movie" coming out? Are they gonna wait 'til the war crimes trials are over? Remember when you saw the torched bodies of those mercenaries hanging from that bridge in Iraq? Did you actually feel sorry for them and their families? Turns out they got their just come-uppance. Mercenary is a more benign way of saying "murderer for hire".

sucka4chix
08-08-2009, 01:21 AM
Saw it last night, it was ok. Bad acting, but Channing was nice to look at :wink:
With the advent of white girls with asses, couldn't they cast some, so I would have something to look at??
And the acting (except Quaid who I think was badly miscast) wasn't so bad; the dialogue they were given is what was lacking.

Silcc69
08-08-2009, 02:00 AM
I can't believe they took away "real american hero " to please some random towel head who wants to kill us, this movie isn't g.i joe if it isn't going to empathize fighting for america and being an american hero.

PC at it's finest!

pantybulge69
08-08-2009, 05:22 AM
Arent they mercenaries now ? Or just listed as black ops ? That's the problem w/ movies based on cartoons , remember Dolph Lundgren as He-Man ?!
I mean how hard does it have to be to follow what the cartoon laid out ... they better not fuck up Thundercats. On a side note Uwe Bolls GO-BOTS should be coming to the bargain bin.

as with Voltron, Hulk (ang lee), Iron Man, Transformers, Wolverine,
Dark Knight, Incredible Hulk, Green Lantern, Xmen 3, the Avengers,
etc. ... it will always depend who is the director and the budget
they are allowed to work with.
They can either make it a huge success ..or make it a corny stink.

mhlovestgirls
08-08-2009, 08:19 AM
THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS!

http://worldsoforos.com/secondviews/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/gi2.jpg
[/img]

I loved that movie when I was a kid. Sargent Slaughter is the shit!!! If they would have put him in the new film, I would definitly pay money to see it in the theater. From how the trailer looks, I have absolutely no desire to see it at all. Mech suits? Come on.....................

scroller
08-08-2009, 09:10 AM

I love the fact that you right-wing guys can never get off a single post without at least one grammar mistake and one misspelling.

Silcc69
08-08-2009, 09:12 AM

I love the fact that you right-wing guys can never get off a single post without at least one grammar mistake and one misspelling.

Does this look familiar?

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/05/12/99-grammar/

Legend
08-08-2009, 02:19 PM

Right wing? Dude i don't give a shit about the left or right or politics in general.I know they took out the american hero part because they didn't want to offend anyone who was not born in america which is total bullshit because g.i is about being a real "american" hero.

steveroyscot
08-08-2009, 10:50 PM
was gi joe the american version of the uk action man? kung fu grip etceterea? they seem very similar, minus the different variants.

rockabilly
08-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Action Man and GI Joe were lovers , Stretch Armstrong broke them up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mugai_hentaisha
08-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Movie was okay not great. Loved snake eyes. Thought the Duke and Baroness history was a bit reaching. liked the ending though.

ptyseminole
08-08-2009, 11:17 PM
saw it yesterday and was pleasently surprized, it's actually an ok movie, lots of action ans special effects. The theme actually had a lot of silimalities to Star Wars (the original triology), for example: snake eyes vs storm shadow was like darth vader vs obi ben kenobi and the rise of cobra commander was just like the birt of dart vader. I don't know, maybe I put to much into it, it's a good popcorn movie.

Quiet Reflections
08-09-2009, 12:32 AM
was gi joe the american version of the uk action man? kung fu grip etceterea? they seem very similar, minus the different variants.
GI Joe came out first and Palitoy got permission from Hasbro in 1966 to start making it in the UK as Action Man. So yes Action man is the UK version of The American action figure GI Joe

hwbs
08-09-2009, 12:52 AM
skipping gi joe and went to see the hurt locker today instead....now that was a great flick !!!!

pantybulge69
08-09-2009, 04:09 AM
GI Joe came out first and Palitoy got permission from Hasbro in 1966 to start making it in the UK as Action Man. So yes Action man is the UK version of The American action figure GI Joe

Interesting.
Action man: the UK's version of GI Joe.

2009AD
08-09-2009, 04:24 AM

LOL. All this anger over a fictional plastic doll.

notdrunk
08-09-2009, 04:50 AM

Probably a childhood fantasy is crushed. It is dumb that the director/writer(s) is trying to appeal to the international market by removing the overt American patriotism from it. It is a cop-out.

rockabilly
08-09-2009, 04:53 AM
[/quote]

LOL. All this anger over a fictional plastic doll.[/quote]

Hey they are Action Figures not Dolls. lol

It's funny when i was a kid i called them toys ... now as an adult i call them collectibles. Cant complain though , i sold most and paid off my student loans and sent my cousin to Furman.

2009AD
08-09-2009, 05:04 AM
Probably a childhood fantasy is crushed. It is dumb that the director/writer(s) is trying to appeal to the international market by removing the overt American patriotism from it. It is a cop-out.

Explain what's dumb about wanting to sell the movie to international audiences. :roll:

IndyCloset
08-09-2009, 05:09 AM
Kids under 11 will love it but everone else....? Well what do you expect it's the same director from The Mummy.

daleach
08-09-2009, 05:46 AM
It sucked. Total waste of time.

Silcc69
08-09-2009, 05:50 AM

Dollars>patriotism

Sad but true.

scroller
08-09-2009, 06:55 AM

Fact is, G.I. Joes from other countries were first produced over 40 years ago.

"In 1966, soldiers from other countries (France, Germany, Japan, Australia, USSR and the UK) joined the G.I. Joe line up. A Green Beret figure from Vietnam was also issued in the same year."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Joe

2009AD
08-09-2009, 07:34 AM

"In 1966, soldiers from other countries (France, Germany, Japan, Australia, USSR and the UK) joined the G.I. Joe line up. A Green Beret figure from Vietnam was also issued in the same year."

So it's a fact, G.I Joe is part of an international fighting force for freedom.

Legend and others will be happy to know that our Real American Hero has worked closely with G.I. Joes from other countries... Oh what am I saying, these are dolls we're talking about. :roll:

Anyone of you upset the Superman quote "The never ending battle for truth, justice, and the American way," was done away with?

What we have here is a conspiracy against the U.S. and our cartoon/toy/fictional heroes.

Legend
08-09-2009, 07:54 AM

Anger lol actually i'm from from being angry about this i find this whole taking out the whole american thing to be hysterical,if you take away a major part of the original you might as well not even call the movie g.i. joe maybe they should have named it "random military guys who fight bad guys"

2009AD
08-09-2009, 08:05 AM

Anger lol actually i'm from from being angry about this i find this whole taking out the whole american thing to be hysterical,if you take away a major part of the original you might as well not even call the movie g.i. joe maybe they should have named it "random military guys who fight bad guys"

It's not real. G.I. Joe is a cartoon, a doll, a fictional character.

Legend
08-09-2009, 08:07 AM

Legend and others will be happy to know that our Real American Hero has worked closely with G.I. Joes from other countries... Oh what am I saying, these are dolls we're talking about. :roll:

Anyone of you upset the Superman quote "The never ending battle for truth, justice, and the American way," was done away with?

What we have here is a conspiracy against the U.S. and our cartoon/toy/fictional heroes.

LOL, it's obvious you or scroller didn't watch the cartoon or you wouldn't be taking stuff from the all mighty always correct wikipedia.I don't give a shit about politics, ,i just hate for anything original to change just for political correctness.The fact that scroller took that shit from wiki and posted it is a fact is funny as he is taking this serious, i know about g.i joe and who fought with them, i don't need wiki telling me that.To prove i really don't give a shit about any of these you guys can argue about it amongst yourself.

Legend
08-09-2009, 08:10 AM

It's not real. G.I. Joe is a cartoon, a doll, a fictional character.

No way, get out of here.

2009AD
08-09-2009, 08:24 AM
LOL, it's obvious you or scroller didn't watch the cartoon or you wouldn't be taking stuff from the all mighty always correct wikipedia.I don't give a shit about politics, ,i just hate for anything original to change just for political correctness.The fact that scroller took that shit from wiki and posted it is a fact is funny as he is taking this serious, i know about g.i joe and who fought with them, i don't need wiki telling me that.To prove i really don't give a shit about any of these you guys can argue about it amongst yourself.

I watched one episode of the cartoon, thought it was shit, and never watched it again.

Anyways, you're complaining that a movie, based on a doll, does not include the words "A Real American Hero." If you don't care about politics, why worry about political correctness?

Legend
08-09-2009, 08:50 AM
I watched one episode of the cartoon, thought it was shit, and never watched it again

notdrunk
08-09-2009, 08:54 AM

Explain what's dumb about wanting to sell the movie to international audiences. :roll:

Removing a core element thinking that it might offend someone is dumb.

Yes and No. The Soviets had their own team called Oktober Guard. All of the GI Joes (and Cobra) in the movie are from the Real American Hero series. The Real American Hero series used American patriotism as an important aspect.

The Internationalist version of GI Joe was Action Force. Action Force had characters from around the world fighting the evil Red Shadows. If the director/writers wanted to be internationalist (they tried), the movie should of been called Action Force.

2009AD
08-09-2009, 09:11 AM
I hear ya. G. I. Joes have risked their lives for America, and this is how they are rewarded....oh wait.. it's a ....
http://www.tvcrazy.net/tvclassics/wallpaper/cartoons/gijoe/GIJOE.jpg

Yes and No. The Soviets had their own team called Oktober Guard. All of the GI Joes (and Cobra) in the movie are from the Real American Hero series. The Real American Hero series used American patriotism as an important aspect.

The Internationalist version of GI Joe was Action Force. Action Force had characters from around the world fighting the evil Red Shadows. If the director/writers wanted to be internationalist (they tried), the movie should of been called Action Force.

Legend
08-09-2009, 09:41 AM

Explaing that to someone who could care less about the original property is pointless just let them throw their hardcore wiki facts at you and move along.

scroller
08-09-2009, 10:03 AM
LOL, it's obvious you or scroller didn't watch the cartoon or you wouldn't be taking stuff from the all mighty always correct wikipedia.I don't give a shit about politics, ,i just hate for anything original to change just for political correctness.The fact that scroller took that shit from wiki and posted it is a fact is funny as he is taking this serious, i know about g.i joe and who fought with them, i don't need wiki telling me that.

Everything you say is incorrect. I had a 12" GI Joe Adventure Team figure in the 1970's. I watched the 1980's cartoon a lot and enjoyed it. You're engaging right-wing revisionist history, about a doll of all things.

Look, it's a TV ad for the Australian GI Joe from the 1970's, similar to what I had. Nothing about America in it, you better time travel back 40 years and straighten them out: http://www.toltoys.com/labels/Kenbrite.html

2009AD
08-09-2009, 11:03 AM

Explaing that to someone who could care less about the original property is pointless just let them throw their hardcore wiki facts at you and move along.

The doll came out in 1964. The term "The Real American Hero" was not attached to the doll ,cartoon character, and comic book character until 1982.

But maybe you guys are right, it's an anti-American conspiracy, maybe Al-Qaeda and Bin Laden are behind it.

G.I. Joes: The not-so-real American hero comes to life
12:00 AM CDT on Friday, August 7, 2009
By PRESTON JONES / Special Contributor to The Dallas Morning News
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/stories/DN-GIJoe_0807gd.ART.State.Edition1.4bd9987.html

The toys
G.I. Joe was created in 1964, according to several collectors' sites, "as a line of 12-inch articulated action figures produced by Hasbro." The company's impetus for creating the toy was ostensibly to give boys something to occupy their time; girls were presumably still infatuated with the popular Barbie doll, introduced five years earlier. Meant to acknowledge the four main branches of the American military, the inaugural G.I. Joe included an "action soldier," an "action sailor," an "action pilot" and an "action Marine," according to various collectors' sites.

The arrival of the G.I. Joe line led Hasbro to coin the term "action figure," according to several toy-history sources, a phrase that was used to market the toys and remains in use today.

In 1978, the G.I. Joe line was discontinued, owing to skyrocketing petroleum costs (a key component in the manufacture of plastic), according to various collectors' sites.

Scaled down, G.I. Joe returned in 1982 (thanks to the insane public appetite for similarly sized Star Wars action figures), rebranded as "A Real American Hero," and enjoyed tremendous success for most of the 1980s. The refreshed line of toys spawned an avalanche of accessories, from posters and T-shirts to video and board games. Characters Hawk, Scarlett, Snake-Eyes and the Cobra baddies are the basis for the new film.

The TV shows
Seizing upon the toys' sky-high demand, a Saturday morning cartoon was the next logical step. The Sunbow Productions animated series, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, ran for two seasons and 95 episodes, from 1985 to 1987.

Briefly revived in 1989 by the now-defunct DIC Entertainment, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero lasted another two seasons and 44 episodes before being canceled in 1991.

The comics
G.I. Joe has also maintained a steady presence in the world of comic books, even before the action figures existed. Once Hasbro acquired the trademark, it published the first G.I. Joe comic in 1967, under the name America's Moveable Fighting Man.

There were intermittent runs of comics, but the most sustained streak of G.I. Joe comic books came when the toy manufacturer rebooted the franchise in 1982. Overseen by writer Larry Hama, the widely respected Real American Hero series ran for 12 years and 155 issues.

Legend
08-09-2009, 11:12 AM

The original doll came out in 1964. The term "The Real American Hero" was not attached to the doll ,cartoon character, and comic book character until 1982.

G.I. Joes: The not-so-real American hero comes to life
12:00 AM CDT on Friday, August 7, 2009
By PRESTON JONES / Special Contributor to The Dallas Morning News
Since 1964, suburban back yards, bedroom floors and game rooms have been used as far-flung battlefields for millions of children, thanks to G.I. Joe action figures.

What began as homage to the American military blossomed into a decades-strong industry that has spawned animated television shows, comic books, video games, hundreds of G.I. Joe figures and accessories. And now there's G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, which opens today – the franchise's first excursion into live-action cinema.

The Stephen Sommers-directed Rise of Cobra, which stars Dennis Quaid, Channing Tatum, Sienna Miller and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, is merely the latest incarnation of this surprisingly durable toy. It's also Hollywood's newest attempt at cashing in on 20- and 30-something childhood nostalgia.

Advance reviews (not to mention buzz) seem pretty scarce; judging from the film's trailer, this estimated $170 million extravaganza seems to be an exercise in multiplex mayhem. Critical expectations aren't high: In a recent blog post, New York Post film critic Lou Lumenick wrote that "advance 'net buzz on G.I. Joe is lethal."

Still, die-hard fans of the toys, comics and TV series will probably turn out in healthy numbers to see how Hollywood has handled their beloved property. There's still intense interest in our best-known soldier. Just look at the many G.I. Joe conventions held across the country, including G.I. Joe Con 2009, Aug. 13-16 in Kansas City, Mo. Last year's International G.I. Joe collectors convention was in Frisco.

The toys
G.I. Joe was created in 1964, according to several collectors' sites, "as a line of 12-inch articulated action figures produced by Hasbro." The company's impetus for creating the toy was ostensibly to give boys something to occupy their time; girls were presumably still infatuated with the popular Barbie doll, introduced five years earlier. Meant to acknowledge the four main branches of the American military, the inaugural G.I. Joe included an "action soldier," an "action sailor," an "action pilot" and an "action Marine," according to various collectors' sites.

The arrival of the G.I. Joe line led Hasbro to coin the term "action figure," according to several toy-history sources, a phrase that was used to market the toys and remains in use today.

In 1978, the G.I. Joe line was discontinued, owing to skyrocketing petroleum costs (a key component in the manufacture of plastic), according to various collectors' sites.

Scaled down, G.I. Joe returned in 1982 (thanks to the insane public appetite for similarly sized Star Wars action figures), rebranded as "A Real American Hero," and enjoyed tremendous success for most of the 1980s. The refreshed line of toys spawned an avalanche of accessories, from posters and T-shirts to video and board games. Characters Hawk, Scarlett, Snake-Eyes and the Cobra baddies are the basis for the new film.

"At its peak, the G.I. Joe logo could be found on everything – school supplies, several video games, an electric train set, a card game, many lunch boxes, board games, puzzles, several sets of trading cards, several lines of comic books by two different companies, posters, party supplies, two separate cartoons done by two different companies and a motion picture," writes the team at yojoe.com.

There have been various incarnations of the action figures during the past 20 years. The "Real American Hero" line was discontinued in 1994, although the 12-inch versions of G.I. Joe figures were issued again, beginning in 1991. G.I. Joe figures based on the new film went on sale in stores starting last month.

The TV shows
Seizing upon the toys' sky-high demand, a Saturday morning cartoon was the next logical step. The Sunbow Productions animated series, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, ran for two seasons and 95 episodes, from 1985 to 1987.

"In 1983, [the now-defunct] Sunbow produced the five-part G.I. Joe syndicated television miniseries, The M.A.S.S. Device," writes the team at yojoe.com. "In 1984, it was followed by The Revenge of Cobra miniseries. In 1985, The Pyramid of Darkness launched a daily syndicated cartoon that ran for two seasons." In 1987, G.I. Joe: The Movie was released direct to video on the heels of 1986's animated Transformers: The Movie.

Briefly revived in 1989 by the now-defunct DIC Entertainment, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero lasted another two seasons and 44 episodes before being canceled in 1991.

The live-action film has been rumored for quite some time, according to yojoe.com: "Back in the '80s and early '90s, there were plans to produce a G.I. Joe movie and several scripts were commissioned. However, it never proceeded past script stage. In 1994, Lawrence Kasanoff's production company, Threshold Entertainment, held the rights to do a G.I. Joe movie, but instead chose to concentrate their efforts on their Mortal Kombat films."

The comics
G.I. Joe has also maintained a steady presence in the world of comic books, even before the action figures existed. Once Hasbro acquired the trademark, it published the first G.I. Joe comic in 1967, under the name America's Moveable Fighting Man.

There were intermittent runs of comics, but the most sustained streak of G.I. Joe comic books came when the toy manufacturer rebooted the franchise in 1982. Overseen by writer Larry Hama, the widely respected Real American Hero series ran for 12 years and 155 issues.Movie review

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra was not screened for critics in advance. Go to dallasnews.com/entertainment/ movies for reviews and news.

Remember it's just a "cartoon" it isn't real.You're doing alot of coping and pasting for someone who didn't give a shit about the series.

2009AD
08-09-2009, 11:21 AM

The original doll came out in 1964. The term "The Real American Hero" was not attached to the doll ,cartoon character, and comic book character until 1982.

Remember it's just a "cartoon" it isn't real.You're doing alot of coping and pasting for someone who didn't give a shit about the series.

I'm not the one crying about an anti-American PC conspiracy to appease, as you put it, "towel heads."

Legend
08-09-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm not the one crying about an anti-American PC conspiracy to appease, as you put it, "towel heads."

You're the one copying and pasting stuff from news articles like a fact droid even though you hated the show.If you were a actually fan of the series and had a honest opinion i would respect it right or wrong because you were a fan.

2009AD
08-09-2009, 12:04 PM

You're the one copying and pasting stuff news articles like a fact droid even though you hated the show.If you were a actually fan of the series and had a honest opinion i would respect it.

I pasted a total of one article. It's called sourcing.

Yea I hated the show, so what? I did own several of the dolls when I was a child.

Again, the title of the movie had nothing to do with being "pc" it was simple marketing, just like naming the cartoon series "The Real American Hero" in the 80's had nothing to do with patriotism.

But hey, go ahead a believe there was an anti-American-PC- "towel head" behind the name of the movie. Good luck with that.

By the way, next time you refer to Arabs or Muslims as "towel heads," remember there are people who refer to blacks as "Niggers."

Silcc69
08-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Again, the title of the movie had nothing to do with being "pc" it was simple marketing, just like naming the cartoon series "The Real American Hero" in the 80's had nothing to do with patriotism.

Here is something you need to understand people that grew up with this shit and that like this shit don't like for it to be changed. I also noticed that the whole A Real American Hero thing is still being used to this very day. It wasn't phased out and it will not be phased out. Political Correctness and Marketing go hand in hand together. Thus we don't want to seem too patriotic so we will loose the patriotism part and appeal to the entire world.

xuto
08-09-2009, 05:51 PM
wish this girl from the movie had a cock

Silcc69
08-09-2009, 06:14 PM
WE don't need a cockhound in here.

bourbonheaven
08-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Watched movie the other day....It was OK, but i have to say that my expecations going into it were low. The storyline had some unusual twists regarding who was related to who and how some people knew each other...which I didn't really care for because it wasn't like the cartoon. But all in all it was entertaining...but no blockbuster to say the least. At some points of the movie I felt like I was watching a toy commercial because every vehicle that came out had a specific name and was the coolest at the moment. I feel bad for parents that have to give in to there bratty children and pay ridiculus prices for cheap GI Joe toys.

So overall I give this movie 3 out of 5 stars.

pantybulge69
08-09-2009, 10:06 PM
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=57875

box office results are in: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra brought in a good
56.3 million dollars. Likely to be a sequel.

i saw it. i thought it was ok but not great. Not a memorable, stamp mark
film. Pack with a LOT action but nothing special about the action.
i did enjoyed the street chase with the mech suits but i got somewhat
disinterested and restless in the story towards the end.

oh and how i wish they could have did without Marlon Waylans
(just not funny).. the sense of humor invest in him was totally dumb
and lost.

Next up for me: DISTRICT 9 and the FINAL DESTINATION in 3-D ...

SmashysmashY
08-09-2009, 11:28 PM
They have to make movies for mouth breathers too.

notdrunk
08-10-2009, 01:48 AM
Everything you say is incorrect. I had a 12" GI Joe Adventure Team figure in the 1970's. I watched the 1980's cartoon a lot and enjoyed it. You're engaging right-wing revisionist history, about a doll of all things.

Look, it's a TV ad for the Australian GI Joe from the 1970's, similar to what I had. Nothing about America in it, you better time travel back 40 years and straighten them out: http://www.toltoys.com/labels/Kenbrite.html

GI Joe Adventure Team is different from GI Joe: A Real American Hero. GI Joe: A Real American Hero was a revival of the brand. The movie characters (good and bad) are from GI Joe: A Real American Hero.

It isn't right-wing revisionism.

Mugai_hentaisha
08-10-2009, 04:12 PM
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=57875

oh and how i wish they could have did without Marlon Waylans
(just not funny).. the sense of humor invest in him was totally dumb
and lost.

I agree, I had to stick around and watch the credits to see if the Waylan Brother's somehow produced it.lol sometimes during the film I felt like the movies screenplay was designed around him.

All in all glad I saw it but it could have been way better

ozma
08-10-2009, 05:39 PM

The main reason why you're on this fucking forum is to see chicks with dicks.

SO GTFOH with that crap.

notdrunk
08-10-2009, 06:18 PM

The main reason why you're on this fucking forum is to see chicks with dicks.

SO GTFOH with that crap.

I got an idea for you: Make a thread about that.

So GTFOH with that... :wink: