PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick reinstated

Dirky
07-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Now the big question is, will any team risk the wrath of its fans, not to mention the massive protests he'll get when he plays in other cities, and sign him?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4359354

PSL4u
07-27-2009, 11:30 PM
He fits in the Wildcat perfectly.....

Miami Dolphins

Steve-Oh
07-27-2009, 11:39 PM
This was listed below the "Castrated TS" thread and for a moment, I was shocked thinking that Michael Vick was castrated!!! I thought he served his sentence.

We now return to our regularly scheduled program.

jjhill
07-28-2009, 12:30 AM
I'm excited to see if he still got it

Dirky
07-28-2009, 12:39 AM

Got what?

He's an exciting player and an excellent runner but not a great quarterback. He's not good at reading defenses and he often overthrows his receivers. He seldom had games in which he threw for over 200 yards.

I just don't think any team is stupid enough to risk the PR hit they'll take by signing a player who is ultimately overrated.

ed_jaxon
07-28-2009, 12:40 AM
As a Dolphins fan I personally don't want him.

Not because of his crimes but the circus he will bring to any team will be detrimental.

We got Pennington, Henne and that new kid.

I would not take Vick with his circus over any of those guys.

Not from a talent point as MV in very talented but as a team chemistry killer.

jjhill
07-28-2009, 12:41 AM
As a Dolphins fan I personally don't want him.

Not because of his crimes but the circus he will bring to any team will be detrimental.

We got Pennington, Henne and that new kid.

I would not take Vick with his circus over any of those guys.

Not from a talent point as MV in very talented but as a team chemistry killer.

Ed I didn't know you're a dolphins fan!

jjhill
07-28-2009, 12:43 AM

Got what?

He's an exciting player and an excellent runner but not a great quarterback. He's not good at reading defenses and he often overthrows his receivers. He seldom had games in which he threw for over 200 yards.

I just don't think any team is stupid enough to risk the PR hit they'll take by signing a player who is ultimately overrated.

I would of taken him as qb for my team any year. Hell if we didn't get Cutler I would of still wanted him.

ed_jaxon
07-28-2009, 12:44 AM
The Bears?

Yeah he was an upgrade from Orton

I heard the Broncs might be interested

Dirky
07-28-2009, 12:48 AM
Even though I just said that I doubt any team will want the headaches he'll bring, it wouldn't totally shock me to see him eventually end up in Washington.

ed_jaxon
07-28-2009, 12:50 AM
Big time Phins fan Yoshi

jjhill
07-28-2009, 12:53 AM
Even though I just said that I doubt any team will want the headaches he'll bring, it wouldn't totally shock me to see him eventually end up in Washington.

I'm pretty sure he's a changed man after all the millions he lost

jjhill
07-28-2009, 12:54 AM
Big time Phins fan Yoshi

lol I never knew that. The team that resurrected the wildcat offense. He should go to Miami. I heard the Patriots want him so they can run the wildcat successfully.

Dirky
07-28-2009, 01:04 AM

For the record, I do believe he deserves a second chance. He did his time and sounds very remorseful for his actions. I wouldn't doubt the whole experience has left him a changed man and hopefully for the better. That still doesn't discount the fact that any team willing to take the plunge will have to deal with angry people and a whole lot of hassles. A vast majority of football fans now positively hate Vick and will never forgive him. He has a very steep hill to climb. Any team thinking about signing him must ultimately ask the question - is he and all the extra baggage he'll bring with him, going to be worth it?

Dirky
07-28-2009, 01:08 AM
I heard the Patriots want him so they can run the wildcat successfully.

Oh yeah, i could see that. Dump Tom Brady and put Michael Vick in his place. That would go over REAL well with the Patriots fans. :lol:

jjhill
07-28-2009, 01:20 AM

Oh yeah, i could see that. Dump Tom Brady and put Michael Vick in his place. That would go over REAL well with the Patriots fans. :lol:

lmfaooooooooooo, no way is that gonna happen. they was sayin put Brady out as a receiver for a couple plays or something like that. but who knows how Brady gonna be this yr. plus i have no clue who their backup qb is since Cassell is in KC

jjhill
07-28-2009, 01:22 AM

For the record, I do believe he deserves a second chance. He did his time and sounds very remorseful for his actions. I wouldn't doubt the whole experience has left him a changed man and hopefully for the better. That still doesn't discount the fact that any team willing to take the plunge will have to deal with angry people and a whole lot of hassles. A vast majority of football fans now positively hate Vick and will never forgive him. He has a very steep hill to climb. Any team thinking about signing him must ultimately ask the question - is he and all the extra baggage he'll bring with him, going to be worth it?

The thing that baffles me is, Dante Stallworth killed a guy and it's almost as if it never happened

Dirky
07-28-2009, 01:31 AM

The thing that baffles me is, Dante Stallworth killed a guy and it's almost as if it never happened

The thing is, as horrible as a drunk-driving manslaughter charge is, it was still an accident and in no way did Stallworth want that to happen. Vick, on the other hand, bankrolled an illegal dog-figthing organization and was fully aware of what the consequences were. There's a big difference.

sucka4chix
07-28-2009, 02:18 AM
Some of you guys are so ig'nant! If anybody picks Vick up this year, he won't be a starter. If he went to New England it would be to run the wildcat for a few plays, not to start over Brady. While you playin', that would very scary for a defense to prepare for. Now Vick may not be a great QB, but name 5 great QBs in the NFL! There aren't 5! And there definitely isn't a great back-up out there. What he should do is go to the UFL, start 6 games, make 1.5 million and then see what happens with the NFL.
Where do y'all get this vast majority of fans hate him crap? That's not what the polls say. The people that hate him are the people who weren't going to go to the games to see him anyway. Once these non-football fans get tired of going to games to picket and go back to watching desperate housewives, all will be forgotten.

pantybulge69
07-28-2009, 04:39 AM
He fits in the Wildcat perfectly.....

Miami Dolphins

hmm, that would give them 4 QBs (pennington,henne,pat white and vick)
and White was drafted to be their designated wildcat QB.
if not the Fins, what about the Pats ? .. the Jags ? ..or da Radas ?

Dirky
07-28-2009, 04:44 AM

He'll be lucky if he finds a job in the arena football league.

Some of you guys need to be reminded that most people don't like other people who torture and kill dogs.

pantybulge69
07-28-2009, 04:46 AM

oh,let's get real. Vick would come in on certain occasions or you could
see him in the same backfield in the nature of the wildcat formations. :roll:

Dirky
07-28-2009, 04:58 AM

oh,let's get real. Vick would come in on certain occasions or you could
see him in the same backfield in the nature of the wildcat formations. :roll:

It doesn't matter what he's able to bring while he's on the field. It's off the field where's there's going to be problems. I still don't think there's many teams that are going to be willing to deal with the controversy each and every week. Both the Giants and Jets have come out publicly and stated that there's no way they'd bring him into their organizations because of his involvement with dog-fighting. That's only two teams but I bet most of the others feel the same way. Any team that is bold enough to sign him could face a backlash.

Now maybe, just maybe in another year or so, Vick might be able to sneak back in but right now what he did to the dogs is still too fresh on most people's minds.

pantybulge69
07-28-2009, 04:58 AM

lmfaooooooooooo, no way is that gonna happen. they was sayin put Brady out as a receiver for a couple plays or something like that. but who knows how Brady gonna be this yr. plus i have no clue who their backup qb is since Cassell is in KC

Kevin O' Connell is Pats' backup QB, he was drafted in 3rd round last year and he has impressive physical ability. the Pats are reportedly very high on him. And with their success history with player personnel and the way they develop them, O'Connell could be yet another big find for them.

pantybulge69
07-28-2009, 05:17 AM

He'll be lucky if he finds a job in the arena football league.

Some of you guys need to be reminded that most people don't like other people who torture and kill dogs.

i'm still aware of the public scruntiny NFL teams will face but when it comes to taking Vick onto their roster. But NFL is still about winning
and trying to put in a plan to win. And it's always said that winning cures all. We'll see. Especially if horrific injuries mound at the QB spot.
(Vick will still have to serve suspension time at beginning of season)
That's also a reason why teams have public relations departments.
And with one high possible team,when has an Al Davis ever cared about what people think of him ?

i think with the Vick situation, with a number of people, it's not what they think is gonna happen,or could happen with his future.. but more like what they don't want to happen.
..err, didn't the Arena League fold up ?

Silcc69
07-28-2009, 05:42 AM

The thing is, as horrible as a drunk-driving manslaughter charge is, it was still an accident and in no way did Stallworth want that to happen. Vick, on the other hand, bankrolled an illegal dog-figthing organization and was fully aware of what the consequences were. There's a big difference.

Wait so drinking way to much alcohol is an accident? :banghead

addicted
07-28-2009, 08:43 AM
If vick went to jail then these politicians, wall street swindlers, corporate crooks, pharmicutical snakes, crooked cops, payroll judges, slimey prosecuters, lowlife lawyers should also be do time for the crimes they have committed. there seems to be a double standard here.

Solitary Brother
07-28-2009, 09:12 AM
You know
I was very hard on Vick when all this came out and rightfully so because he was idiot but.........
The really put him through it.
Its like HE killed Jesus or something.
I actually feel sorry for him now.....I still think he deserved to be punished but Im beginning to think the sentence didnt fit the crime.
Its like for whole swaths of the population Michael Vick is the devil incarnate.
All those little kids and all those women just hate this guy.
Its almost like being George Bush.

sugdaddie69
07-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Fuck Peta

sugdaddie69
07-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Fuck Lassie and Timmy Too

Dirky
07-28-2009, 11:08 PM
So according to you guys dog-fighting is cool then?

Silcc69
07-28-2009, 11:43 PM

No but killing a person because you choose to drink and drive is worse than killing any animal. I'm sorry but human life>animals any day of the week.

bte
07-28-2009, 11:46 PM

No but killing a person because you choose to drink and drive is worse than killing any animal. I'm sorry but human life>animals any day of the week.

+1

jjhill
07-29-2009, 12:09 AM

+1

+2

Dirky
07-29-2009, 12:20 AM

Still doesn't apply. Of course a human life is ultimately more important than an animal's but Stallworth didn't deliberately want to kill someone even though he knew the risks while driving under the influence. The bottom line is it was still an accident, albeit one with tragic circumstances. Vick and his cronies on the other hand, killed and tortured dozens of dogs in an organized, illegal gambling operation. That was no accident or mistake. He knew full well what he was doing and was completely heartless. To compare those of us who are against dog-fighting to PETA is completely misguided. Any normal person with a rational half-working brain thinks dog-fighting is cruel and anyone who participates, should be subject to prison time.

Keep in mind, I have already said he did his time and deserves a second chance. I never said he shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL again. But if I was an owner/general manager of a NFL team, I wouldn't sign him no matter how much I needed a QB.

Silcc69
07-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Wait so when has driving impaired become legal all of the sudden.

-It is illegal to fight dogs
-It is illegal to drive drunkl

Both of these are illegal activities. How on earth can you can call that an accident when he freely drunk to much. Nobody put a gun to either of these guys and told them to do these crimes. An real accident on Stallworth part would've been hitting the guy w/o being impaired. He might not have meant to hit him but there are "risks" of drinking and driving he decided to take that risk and killed somebody.

Dirky
07-29-2009, 12:42 AM
Wait so when has driving impaired become legal all of the sudden.

-It is illegal to fight dogs
-It is illegal to drive drunkl

Both of these are illegal activities. How on earth can you can call that an accident when he freely drunk to much. Nobody put a gun to either of these guys and told them to do these crimes. An real accident on Stallworth part would've been hitting the guy w/o being impaired. He might not have meant to hit him but there are "risks" of drinking and driving he decided to take that risk and killed somebody.

I'm not defending drunk driving. But let me ask you this, have you ever stepped behind the wheel of a car when you had a few too many? Maybe you haven't but I know most of us have been guilty of that on occasion. It's a stupid thing to do but when you're drinking you tend to do stupid things.

But how many people here have picked up a dog by its hind legs and smashed it to the cement ground until it was dead? Hopefully none of you.

So yeah, both are illegal but incomparable. Besides, just because Stallworth got off lightly doesn't mean all the NFL teams should jump to sign Vick now. If the Stallworth DUI never happened, it still wouldn't effect the Vick situation.

Silcc69
07-29-2009, 01:04 AM
I also know people that fight dog's and don't get caught either. And most people that drive drunk might not be able to afford a cab. That is an excuse that Stallworth can't use since he is a millionaire.

jjhill
07-29-2009, 01:38 AM
What about cock fighting? I know there's some baseball players that have done that. Depending on where you from, dog fighting is a sport. Where I'm from it's a sport. I hate dogs in genera, but by no means do I condone dog fighting.

Dirky
07-29-2009, 01:43 AM
What about cock fighting? I know there's some baseball players that have done that. Depending on where you from, dog fighting is a sport. Where I'm from it's a sport. I hate dogs in genera, but by no means do I condone dog fighting.

Who exactly is dog-fighting a sport for? The dogs?

How can a bunch of guys standing around watching two dogs rip each other apart be considered a sport?

By the way, cock-fighting's illegal here too.

sid
07-29-2009, 01:43 AM
Fuck that prick, put him in a pit with a Lion if he makes it out let him play again.

Dirky
07-29-2009, 01:46 AM
Fuck that prick, put him in a pit with a Lion if he makes it out let him play again.

Finally someone to back me up. A little harsh but I'll take it. :lol:

Gh0strider
07-29-2009, 01:53 AM
Clearly vendettas and political capital influenced the treatment of Mike Vick. Clearly what he did was wrong and should have been punished but to say his sentencing wasn't heavy influenced by media and politics is absurd. Clearly justice isnt blind to media influence.

Every day race horses are killed by their owners (in an extremely cruel manner) for under performance (not just a broken leg as some ppl believe). The horse doesnt perform on the track, bullet to the back of the head or several if the first isnt a kill shot. The difference between the individuals who take part in this and what mike did, simple the media and politics (someone would say racism and money but im not going to over reach). But I know people convicted of the crime of killing race horses and believe me none of them did 23 months in jail, if they did jail time at all.

Silcc69
07-29-2009, 02:03 AM
I think I see a pattern

OJ Simpson
Kobe Bryant
Michael Jackson
Michael Vick

then we have

Ray Lewis
R. Kelly
Donte Stallworth

They all were involved in criminal cases the first set involves crimes regarding white people. (white people care more about dog's than black people do.) While the second invole crimes involving minority victims. So as we can see if you were involved in the second row you got off pretty easily now the first row they basically got there asses handed to them.

sugdaddie69
07-29-2009, 02:16 AM
I think I see a pattern

OJ Simpson
Kobe Bryant
Michael Jackson
Michael Vick

then we have

Ray Lewis
R. Kelly
Donte Stallworth

They all were involved in criminal cases the first set involves crimes regarding white people. (white people care more about dog's than black people do.) While the second invole crimes involving minority victims. So as we can see if you were involved in the second row you got off pretty easily now the first row they basically got there asses handed to them.

White pepole care more about dogs than they do black people

Cubpocalypse
07-29-2009, 02:24 AM

A little harsh? Then you both are fucking morons for advocating the death of a human being.

Cubpocalypse
07-29-2009, 02:25 AM
I think I see a pattern

OJ Simpson
Kobe Bryant
Michael Jackson
Michael Vick

then we have

Ray Lewis
R. Kelly
Donte Stallworth

And this is the second most idiotic statement in this thread.

Dirky
07-29-2009, 02:43 AM

That is so fucking stupid that I wouldn't even know where to begin answering that.

Dirky
07-29-2009, 02:46 AM

A little harsh? Then you both are fucking morons for advocating the death of a human being.

I thought putting in a laughing emoticon would show that I didn't take that statement too seriously but I guess I thought wrong.

sugdaddie69
07-29-2009, 02:53 AM

That is so fucking stupid that I wouldn't even know where to begin answering that.
You don't have to answer it..its a fact...stupid!!

Dirky
07-29-2009, 02:57 AM
I think I see a pattern

OJ Simpson
Kobe Bryant
Michael Jackson
Michael Vick

then we have

Ray Lewis
R. Kelly
Donte Stallworth

Wait...

How did the first row get their ass's handed to them when three out of the four people you mentioned were found innocent?

HP1000
07-29-2009, 03:02 AM
I'm not crazy about MV, but let's face it. He's a talented QB and in the eyes of the NFL they just see dollar signs $$$$.
MV did his time in prison...

Silcc69
07-29-2009, 03:09 AM
I think I see a pattern

OJ Simpson
Kobe Bryant
Michael Jackson
Michael Vick

then we have

Ray Lewis
R. Kelly
Donte Stallworth

What is the first?

deee757
07-29-2009, 03:12 AM
I think I see a pattern

OJ Simpson
Kobe Bryant
Michael Jackson
Michael Vick

then we have

Ray Lewis
R. Kelly
Donte Stallworth

What is the first?

I thought u would stay clear of this one, lol, no one will win this argument, we will still turn out looking like thugs and criminals

deee757
07-29-2009, 03:15 AM
Whats even worst, i personally know Vick and Plaxico burress, but them, Iverson, and Percy Harvin (vikings rookie with marijuana charge) all grew up within 2o miles of me

Silcc69
07-29-2009, 03:23 AM
I think I see a pattern

OJ Simpson
Kobe Bryant
Michael Jackson
Michael Vick

then we have

Ray Lewis
R. Kelly
Donte Stallworth

Wait...

How did the first row get their ass's handed to them when three out of the four people you mentioned were found innocent?

OJ got the raw end of the deal. Since they could'nt get him for murder they sure as hell got his ass for kidnapping. :lol:

Kobe-image was shattered for years and he lost tons of money in terms of promos and marketing.

Michael Jackson-died with the pedo label though there was no concrete proof at all and the case was settled out of court for 20 million. Now let's see should a father take 20 million or seek justice for his kid being raped? Hmmmmm

Michael Vick-involved in dog fighting lost damn near everything

Now the others

Ray Lewis get's in trouble with the murder charge, beats it and wins a SB the next year!

R. Kelly unlike MJ this fool TAPED his exploit of having sex with a minor beat the case and nobody makes a big deal about. Well white people simply don't care at all about this case and black people we belive he was guilty but we love his music

Donte Stallworth-30 days jailtime served and a few other punishments.

Clearly everything in the first row involved crimes with white victims were simply given a way more media coverage than the below victims. They also lost way more money too.

HP1000
07-29-2009, 03:28 AM
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae273/HA1000/michael-vick.jpg

sucka4chix
07-31-2009, 01:21 AM
Vick said to be on the cusp of getting with an NFL team...but who is it???

Ben
07-31-2009, 01:23 AM
:frustrated

sugdaddie69
07-31-2009, 02:14 AM
:?: