PDA

View Full Version : Astrological signs - whats yours?

elvis_p
07-27-2009, 09:24 PM
LeoraMoore said
Wish the astrological sign question was in a different thread but I'm...Capricorn with Sagittarius rising too

to which Alyssa87, Capricorn with a Sagittarius rising, replied
holla

I'm a Sagittarius with a Cancer rising. I need to read up on what all this means; it sure sounds interesting :)

BellaBellucci
07-27-2009, 09:26 PM
LenoraMoore said
Wish the astrological sign question was in a different thread but I'm...Capricorn with Sagittarius rising too

holla

I'm a Sagittarius with a Cancer rising. I need to read up on what all this means; it sure sounds interesting :)

I saw this thread coming. I almost started it myself. lol

Again: I'm an Aquarian with a Capricorn rising.

~BB~

Alyssa87
07-27-2009, 09:32 PM
i love how u set that up.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/walter%20cronkite.jpg
(rip WC)

Alyssa87
07-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Leora, this is for you
(and me too. but i dont know how on point it is)

i googled Capricorn with Sagittarius Rising...

http://www.sexualastrology.com/sun_capricorn_sagittarius_rising.html

Sun Sign Capricorn with Sagittarius Rising

You probably have a knack for putting someone in a good mood simply by being in their presence. You exude optimism and love to explore new territory, goals, or challenges. You show others a strong philosophical or spiritual belief system and may be very active, with a love of travel.

In matters of love, sex and dating a relationship will be approached as an adventure. There is never any shortage of good times when you’ve found a love match. The best part about dating someone with Sagittarius rising is that in your relationship it’s never the destination that matters, but the amazing journey the couple can create.

To love someone with Sagittarius rising you must be willing to set them free every now and then. As long as this Ascendant can explore, he will love coming home to the arms of his idealistic love.

In a relationship, Capricorns are a slow starters, but prove to be explosive performers and long-lasting, loyal companions. They are quite skilled with people, once they overcome their initial reserve.

Capricorns strive to conceal their vulnerability beneath a confident veneer of ambition and material success, but passionate Mars is always bubbling just below the surface.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-27-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm an Arian. .forgot the time I was born (need to ask my mom later). But this goes out to fellow Aries.

Aries

Aries is the first sign of the zodiac, and is ruled by the Mars. This represents offensive power and begins at the spring equinox. In Aries we move from the potential to the actual; from dormant to active participation. Desire, initiative, courage and action are words which best describe Aries.

Personal Traits

Openness, enthusiasm and individualism are the main traits of the Arians. They are outspoken, alert, quick to act and speak. They prefer to speak than to listen. Arians are ambitious, with lots of drive and a strong will to lead. They are poor followers. Fiercely independent, they usually take the side of the underdog in any controversy.They are champions of lost causes and losing battles. This trait is due to a strong belief in their own abilities to turn any situation around.

Arian values are more intellectual than spiritual.Primarily people of action,they demonstrate little subtlety or cunningness.Frank and amiable, they make quick decisions, and grasp ideas very quickly. They are also quick to anger, Arians are known for their impatience, and are prone to be arrogant.Arians have a strong self image, the ability to think fast and size up most situations in an instant.

Arians calculate risks with lightning speed and make decisions accordingly.An adage that fits the Arian well is 'A straight line is the shortest distance between two points'.
Arians don't waste time and energy beating around the bush,they come straight to the point, and leave the bodies where they fall.

MORE AT: http://www.findurfate.com/astrology/aries.htm

:P

~Kisses.

HTG

rockabilly
07-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Libra

BellaBellucci
07-27-2009, 09:53 PM
I couldn't find this in combo with my rising, but my sun sign sums me up rather well, so...

Friendly, Humanitarian, Honest, Loyal, Original, Inventive, Independent and Intellectual
Intractable, Contrary, Perverse, Unpredictable, Unemotional and Detached
Aquarians tend to be entrancing, exciting and unpredictable, yet somehow strangely detached from their surroundings. They are one of the zodiac's most eccentric personalities. They are seekers of the new, unusual, and challenging which leads them in many directions. Aquarians may try many things but without stability they may master none. Aquarians are philanthropic and humanitarian by nature. They see their calling as making the world a better place for all of us.

Adventurous Aquarians are not averse to risk taking. Their optimism and positive outlook, combined with idealism and the need to break new ground can lead them into quite unfamiliar territory--not that this bothers them, for they are willing to follow any new lead to its conclusion.

Aquarians are the bearers of originality, idealism and cosmic consciousness-with which they intend to drown materialism and tedium and injustice. Although Aquarians are compassionate and sympathetic to the needs of others, they do like things to go their way. Indeed, they can become very temperamental when things do not go their way. To the Aquarian the freedom to roam and explore is all-important. They hate to be tied down. These iconoclastic visionaries' style often reflects social trends that will become the standard far in our future.
The Aquarian In Love:
One of the Aquarian's deepest needs is for a satisfying, complementary relationship, which gives them freedom and tolerance along with mental and physical stimulation. With the right person they will be a passionate, uninhibited and understanding lover intent on maintaining their bond for life. Receptivity will calm Aquarians' rebellious tendencies. Unlike many, Aquarians rarely feel any pangs of jealousy.

Their sex-drive is not unduly strong, but their need to explore and be stimulated sometimes gives others the impression their desires are unconquerable. They can be very playful and attentive lovers and will put a great deal of energy into satisfying their partners. Aquarians are open to all forms of experimentation (in the pursuit of new knowledge, of course) and the field of sexuality and relationships is no exception. Even though deep down they seek security, their love of originality and exploring unusual new fields of endeavor gives them an attraction for partners with interesting, unconventional minds and bodies.
Famous Aquarians Include:
Charles Darwin, Thomas Alva Edison, Vanessa Redgrave, Frederick Douglas, Oprah Winfrey, Charles Dickens, John McEnroe, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Jack Nicklaus, Ronald Reagan, Abraham Lincoln, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Telly Savalas, Virginia Woolf, Babe Ruth, Mia Farrow, Carl Icahn, and Yoko Ono
Ideal Jobs Include:
Aquarians are well-suited to careers as inventors, politicians, writers, scientists, astronauts, artists and astrologers.
Lucky Numbers:
11, 29, 38, 47, 56
Planet: Uranus
Star Stone: Turquoise
Element: Air
Most Compatible With: Gemini, Libra or Aquarius

Symbol: Water
Ruling Planet: Uranus
Keywords: Humanitarian, eccentric, independent
Polarity: Positive
Duality or Gender: Masculine
Element: Air
Quality: Fixed
Body Areas: Circulation, ankles
Countries: Ethiopia, Iran, Russia, Poland and Sweden
Cities: Moscow, Hamburg, Salzburg and St.
Petersburg
Stones: Amethyst, aquamarine
Color: Electric Blue
Similarity to Chinese Sign : TIGER

And here's my rising from a different site: notice how it's the polar opposite of my sun sign? I'm a weird chick:

If your Rising Sign is Capricorn, people would be shocked if you act eccentrically, as Sea Goats exude an old-fashioned, authoritative aura. Even if you feel like the life of the party, others expect you to be the picture of industriousness, the boss figure with an impeccible sense of decorum and tradition. You may intimidate others with your intense demeanor, but they'll look to you for order. Negatively, Caps can come across as pessimistic and hypercritical. If you can figure out how to use the Capricorn influence to your advantage, you could get your foot in almost any door.

~BB~

elvis_p
07-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Leora, this is for you
(and me too. but i dont know how on point it is)

i googled Capricorn with Sagittarius Rising...

when i did that, it took me to the same site:
http://www.sexualastrology.com/sun_sagittarius_cancer_rising.html

With Cancer rising, others see you as moody. You may seem quite shy, insecure, and super-sensitive. You give off the impression of reacting emotionally to everything, and also appear as someone who is extremely home and family loving.

You are also intensely creative. Others see you as capable of nurturing others in a deep capacity and even if you're a man, there is this "mothering" quality to your persona.

In matters of love, sex and dating, this Ascendant will provide comfort and security to their lover. The ability to turn a relationship into a sanctuary is unparalleled. Sex and emotions can never be separate for Cancer rising, although you can sure this is an extremely sexual sign. Still, for Cancer rising, sex is always better when it comes with love. When this Ascendant does fall in love with someone, the tender affection is an incomparable experience.

Sagittarians love any new form of sexual expression that challenges and excites them. Both tolerant and eager to please, their honesty can sometimes prove too much for those who prefer a more mysterious, or veiled approach to love.

Sagittarians are best involved with a steadier, stronger personality, who can understand their need for independence, yet still be there after an occasional flair of temper.

While my understanding of astrology has historically been on the same level of understanding people who believe Elvis is still alive, some of this is so spot on its freakin' me out. :shock:

Nicole Dupre
07-28-2009, 01:29 AM
OMG. We Capricorns are horrible it seems! And I'm a Cap with Cap rising! I must be a real bitch.

http://www.psychics.co.uk/horoscopes/love-horoscopes/capricorn-horoscope.html

Honestly tho', I've never heard such a harsh description of any zodiac sign. "How to stick the knife in the back at your Capricorn ex?"

Jeezis. I know we can be a bit much at times, but that's cold! :shock:

Quiet Reflections
07-28-2009, 02:05 AM
Scorpio

2009AD
07-28-2009, 02:07 AM
Astrology is bullshit. :lol:

sugdaddie69
07-28-2009, 02:43 AM
Taurus

Quiet Reflections
07-28-2009, 03:12 AM
Astrology is bullshit. :lol:
very true!(so is religion) but whats yours anyway

HP1000
07-28-2009, 03:23 AM
<Aries the RAM

JamesHunt
07-28-2009, 03:35 AM
I'm Sagittarius with Taurus rising, whatever that means :roll:

Do ya all believe in this shit???

MDinMD
07-28-2009, 03:54 AM
Taurus. Am strong like bull (not hung like one). :)

BellaBellucci
07-28-2009, 04:00 AM
I'm Sagittarius with Taurus rising, whatever that means :roll:

Do ya all believe in this shit???

I think astrology is individual. For me, I'm very much the stereotype of my sign. For others, not so much. I think the general idea is sound even if the details are a bit jumbled, much like religion as another poster pointed out. As long as nobody get's hurt, I'd say it's all good.

~BB~

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-28-2009, 04:46 AM
<Aries the RAM

Awesome!

~Kisses.

HTG

4star4
07-28-2009, 05:13 AM
I'm not much into astrology. My birthday is February 3rd. Is there any meaning to that?

phobun
07-28-2009, 06:47 AM
Superstition is gibberish.

Alyssa87
07-28-2009, 06:52 AM
OMG. We Capricorns are horrible it seems! And I'm a Cap with Cap rising! I must be a real bitch.

http://www.psychics.co.uk/horoscopes/love-horoscopes/capricorn-horoscope.html

Honestly tho', I've never heard such a harsh description of any zodiac sign. "How to stick the knife in the back at your Capricorn ex?"

Jeezis. I know we can be a bit much at times, but that's cold! :shock:

oh my. it hurt to read some of that. but it is sadly true.

BellaBellucci
07-28-2009, 06:53 AM
I'm not much into astrology. My birthday is February 3rd. Is there any meaning to that?

Yes, it means you're under the same sign as me: Aquarius. I think the description is on page 1.

~BB~

Sinister
07-28-2009, 07:17 AM
Leo, my birthday was yesterday :D

BellaBellucci
07-28-2009, 07:18 AM
Leo, my birthday was yesterday :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FchMuPQOBwA :)

~BB~

Fox
07-28-2009, 07:21 AM
I don't buy into any of it, but I'm a leo.

Felicia Katt
07-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Sagittarius, I won't admit if anything is rising though! LOL

FK

Realgirls4me
07-28-2009, 07:58 AM
Asparagus!

Yeah ... whatever. :roll:

spikeyJ
07-28-2009, 08:01 AM
Hi there, not trying to burst anyone's bubble, but I recently doing a little bit of digging around the net about the Zodiacs. After reading, I decided that I can't believe in the things I used to believe anymore, especially when there aren't any more information out there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidereal_astrology

Justawannabe
07-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Aries, can't remember all the info other than some odd triangle involving Libra making me kinda split personality.

Mugai_hentaisha
07-28-2009, 12:23 PM
not that I put much stock in signs

but I am a double taurus

For those interested the Chinese side of things I am an Earth Monkey

My Ex wife was big on signs

Crackdsatyr
07-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Leo, with Aries rising

chefmike
07-28-2009, 05:41 PM
There's a sucker born every minute...

chefmike
07-28-2009, 05:44 PM
LeoraMoore said

holla

chefmike
07-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Libra

rockabilly
07-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Hi uncle Joe how ya doin?

trish
07-28-2009, 06:03 PM
I don’t believe in astrology either. But still in the twenty first century you can’t help but know your sign. Mine is Virgo. If they’re anything like me, Virgos are horny self-centered, bullshitting, ball-busting bitches who like to cuddle, spoon, talk dirty and never gamble.

It does strike me that before the age of refrigerated mass transport a pregnant woman’s diet all through her pregnancy was determined by the season. Children conceived in one month were exposed during their gestation to a different sequence of food chemistries than those conceived in other months. Could these asynchronized exposures account for the differences in personality traits? Prior to the age of mass refrigerated transport could astrology actually have had a scientific basis?

Naw.

Though I'm not in the habit of reading my horoscope, I do read every fortune cookie that comes my way. Niels Bohr, who claimed not to be superstitious kept a horseshoe above his laboratory doorway. He was once asked, "If you're not a believer, why is it up there?" Bohr replied, "Just in case."

chefmike
07-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Here ya go, trish...

trish
07-28-2009, 06:18 PM
OMG!!! That's soooo true.

chefmike
07-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Here ya go, trish...

When I saw "logical type and hate disorder" I cracked up.

Nicole Dupre
07-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Mike's an elephant. I don't think they get zodiac signs. lol

LibertyHarkness
07-28-2009, 07:34 PM
sagitarius 12th December ..

I am a loner, the wanderer of the stars :) seems to fit my life as i am not settled and i am free spirited and beat to my own drum

rockabilly
07-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Beat away Libby , beat away. ;)