PDA

View Full Version : repeated surgeries put you at risk for early death?

menacingmethods86
07-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Every time a person undergoes anesthesia, there are certain risks. There are undoubtedly consequences to undergoing general anesthesia repeatedly over the years. Weakening of the heart could certainly be one of those consequences? If this is correct are trannys at greater risk of passing away at an earlier age?

Alyssa87
07-23-2009, 09:28 PM
happy shorter life

or unfulfilled long one?

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Every time a person undergoes anesthesia, there are certain risks. There are undoubtedly consequences to undergoing general anesthesia repeatedly over the years. Weakening of the heart could certainly be one of those consequences? If this is correct are trannys at greater risk of passing away at an earlier age?

I heard from people - memory loss! How true?

~Kisses.

HTG

tracy
07-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Allanah should stop with all those boob jobs she's been doing.

alyssats
07-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Goshhh im planning to have another boob job now this thread made me thinking lol

SarahG
07-23-2009, 10:20 PM

That should be self explanatory, the more surgeries you have the more likely one of them is going to have something go wrong. Probability is a bitch sometimes...

That same logic works for a lot of things. More often you ride in cars, more likely you'll eventually be in a serious car accident.

Oh, and I wouldn't trust any data on trans life expectancy, it would be so hard to do an accurate study on that, I might even say impossible.

trish
07-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Just last week news of a new medical experiment was making the rounds. It seems that those who scream expletives can endure pain longer than those who don't. So for my next surgery I'm gonna bone up on my street language and forego the anesthesia. I plan to curse a blue streak while the medical staff wears ear protection.

http://www.jonbarron.org/blog_published/2009/07/cursing_relieves_pain.html

SarahG
07-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Just last week news of a new medical experiment was making the rounds. It seems that those who scream expletives can endure pain longer than those who don't. So for my next surgery I'm gonna bone up on my street language and forego the anesthesia. I plan to curse a blue streak while the medical staff wears ear protection.

http://www.jonbarron.org/blog_published/2009/07/cursing_relieves_pain.html

I tried that for dental work, it's a bad idea.

Hmm, maybe it hadn't worked because I couldn't pronounce everything correctly while my teeth were being drilled. :lol:

rockabilly
07-23-2009, 10:41 PM
:)

muhmuh
07-23-2009, 11:16 PM

accidentally biting down onto the drill while pronouncing words that need you to close your mouth is generally considered a bad strategy for reducing pain

SarahG
07-23-2009, 11:22 PM

accidentally biting down onto the drill while pronouncing words that need you to close your mouth is generally considered a bad strategy for reducing pain

That's where those reverse clamps come in, you know, the ones that keep you from being able to bite down.

muhmuh
07-23-2009, 11:42 PM
hm i dont think we have those at dentists here but then again its been almost a decade since my teeth last got close to any drills
i suppose they expect you to figure out that biting down is a bad idea yourself

natina
01-09-2011, 02:58 AM
anesthesia is a controlled poisoning

it effects your liver,kidneys,eyes,brain etc