PDA

View Full Version : New Futurama=FAIL

Legend
07-20-2009, 11:17 AM
First off i can deal with it being on another network even though adult swim made it popular again but now they are replacing the cast with different voice actors.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/100/1004973p1.html

AmyDaly
07-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Oh hell no! Futurama is one of my favorite shows of all time. The episode with Fry's dog where he waits for him makes me :( every time.

Legend
07-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Oh hell no! Futurama is one of my favorite shows of all time. The episode with Fry's dog where he waits for him makes me :( every time.

Yeah that is a tough epsiode to take in but hearing another actor say "bite my shiny metal ass" won't be the same.

freak
07-20-2009, 11:30 AM
There just changing the voices, they most likely will be similar. They are keeping the real talent, the writers.
When your a nobody like these voice are you can not demand top dollar

Legend
07-20-2009, 11:45 AM
There just changing the voices, they most likely will be similar. They are keeping the real talent, the writers.

They way the actors speak and say their lines is the reason the show is so funny, if random people on ha would to read any of the scripts by the writers do you actually think they'd still come on as being funny,heck no.Not bringing them back defeats the whole purpose of bringing back the show.

freak
07-20-2009, 11:53 AM

They way the actors speak and say their lines is the reason the show is so funny, if random people on ha would to read any of the scripts by the writers do you actually think they'd still come on as being funny,heck no.Not bringing them back defeats the whole purpose of bringing back the show.

It will not be a random idiot and not one from HA for sure. They will most likely have someone that is almost the same, after the first few episodes then it will be time to worry and complain, not now.

Is the sky falling????

Legend
07-20-2009, 12:27 PM

It will not be a random idiot and not one from HA for sure. They will most likely have someone that is almost the same, after the first few episodes then it will be time to worry and complain, not now.

Is the sky falling????

Wow where is this hostility coming from some because i've never said anything to you on this forum before but i'd really be offended if you didn't have that stupid sig declaring an imaginary videogame character a women who is capable of giving oral sex, lol whatever.

shemale-411
07-20-2009, 05:53 PM
I have to agree with the OP. I true voice over actor creates the character. That along with the character developement that has caused us to love or hate a character over the years of any series, and it seems silly that they didn't bring along the original cast. There is a reason the voices of the Simpsons have remained the same ofr so many years. EG Daly, pop star/voice actress ( Tommy Pickles, Buttercup) writes about voice acting in the following link;

http://www.egdaily.com/voice.html

Deimos
07-20-2009, 06:01 PM
I never did like this show (or Matt Groening's other show The Simpsons) to be honest.

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 06:07 PM
It just wont be the same w/ new vo talent , i'll keep listening for the differences.

raybbaby
07-20-2009, 08:41 PM
I never did like this show (or Matt Groening's other show The Simpsons) to be honest.
Well, you're just weird I guess.

tsntx
07-20-2009, 09:54 PM

if it takes forever, i will wait for you.... :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opo9OCxsf9w

NewAgain
07-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Let me get this stright!!! The show is coming back!!!!! Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

SXFX
07-20-2009, 10:09 PM
OH YEAH FUCK UP ANOTHER GOOD THING FAUX!

freak
07-20-2009, 11:20 PM

Is the sky falling????

Wow where is this hostility coming from some because i've never said anything to you on this forum before but i'd really be offended if you didn't have that stupid sig declaring an imaginary videogame character a women who is capable of giving oral sex, lol whatever.

No hostility here, unless hostily is just not agreeing with you. Bait someone else into a flame war game please.
Have a good day. :D

sunairco
07-20-2009, 11:34 PM
Hmmm, think all of you got it wrong. Matt Groening changed the voices in the first one. The original was produced/directed by Jam Handy and the only voice was of Vincent Pelletier. Don't remember anyone like a Katey Sagal-like character in his Futurama. More like GM the car and the future past world of 1960.

jesseflo
07-21-2009, 12:15 AM
they animate the cartoon based on how the actors voice the character. it totally wont be the same if they change the cast so id be totally bummed if they do. one fo my all time fav shows!!!

Quiet Reflections
07-21-2009, 12:32 AM
the voice will definitely make a difference just think about how much of a difference Mila Kunis made in Family Guy versus the voice actress' ( Rachael MacFarlane and Lacey Chabert)in the first season.

steveroyscot
07-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Not to worry, the simpsons cast did the same thing a few years back, theyre just angling for some more (well deserved) cash.

If you listen to the dvd commentaries, you can tell how much the actors love being a part of the show.

jamiecoxxdotcom
07-24-2009, 10:42 PM
How the fuck do you replace BILLY WEST? The best goddamned voice over actor in 30 freakin' years! Fry, The Professor, Zoidberg, and a host of other characters have all died with a single executive decision. From Ren and Stimpy to Futurama and everything in between Billy has entertained at a constant level of quality and deserves whatever asking price he puts on the table. Same with Katey Segal btw - 11 years of Married with Children, one Fox's first and most successful shows and they're giving her the shaft as well. Fuck Fox.