PDA

View Full Version : GOTH THREAD

rockabilly
07-19-2009, 04:08 AM
Calling all goths and emos , feeling depressed about life or love then post here. Share poetry , art , pics whatever.

SidInNy
07-19-2009, 04:12 AM
I'm a NY Jets fan, does that count?

Alyssa87
07-19-2009, 04:44 AM
I'm up to my ears in sad poetry!
I wrote this a few days ago.

The Doldrums

Can you see or hear eyes screaming ‘help me‘?
How about ‘love me‘?

Can you see the bruises from life’s beatings?
Repair said damage to the soul?

How about if she resigns herself to her room for days or weeks on end?
If she has a sick relationship with herself,
That promotes isolation.

Where the other her keeps her too weak to reach out, but strong enough to self-righteously repel you.
So that even if you are talented enough to see, hear, and repair her afflictions- you cant.

She’s insane because she does this day in day out, but somehow, somewhere- expects different results.
As if luck were real. As if a deity will step in and pull her from the doldrums.

For all her sense and sensibility and sensitivity- despite her intellect and intelligence,
She’s blocked by fear and insecurity. Near defeated.
Perhaps its just those attributes that put her where she is.
If she didn’t understand or internalize her experience and perceptions to the extent at which she does,
She’d somehow be as blissfully ignorant as she is painfully aware.

Despite her stagnancy, she’s curiously optimistic.
So don’t shake your head and lower your gaze at her just yet.
Even if it never comes,
Assuredness in a bright future chin-checks her incessant, deadening comfort in seclusion.
Some far away tomorrow holds the joy that eludes her today. And that’s strangely okay.

rockabilly
07-19-2009, 04:45 AM
My Love
I close my eyes and i see her.
She takes my hand and leads me through the dark
I hold her close and breathe her in
Her pale skin glows under the moonlight
She knows all my faults and loves me anyway
We embrace and kiss , I awake alone
I long to find her in my waking dreams
Or die in my sleep.

rockabilly
07-19-2009, 04:52 AM
That was beautiful Alyssa, thank you for sharing.

Alyssa87
07-19-2009, 04:55 AM
That was beautiful Alyssa, thank you for sharing.

http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/6.gif

rockabilly
07-19-2009, 05:04 AM

HP1000
07-19-2009, 05:06 AM
Here's my poem..........

rockabilly
07-19-2009, 05:10 AM
Please be respectful, if you dont wish to contribute then just stay away.

rockabilly
07-19-2009, 05:16 AM
Love

Alyssa87
07-19-2009, 05:33 AM
What the Hell? I'm in the mood now. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/30.gif
here's another one. one of my favorites.

I cannot love you

Greatness lies. Past these eyes.
Byways to a soul- aged scores past its' temple.
Young and beautiful. But it's not that simple.

Love, permeating and marinating under this skin.
So much, its spilling out. So I scream and shout- I just cant keep it in.

With smiles for miles, gazing happily
Knowing what will be-will be. Its- all in me.

Perfectly imperfect.
As if I rehearsed it.
Complex without a complex.
So sexy with no sex.
Forget it!
Just So satisfied gazing.
Because the future is amazing.
...And I AM my tomorrow.

A universe was created here. And maintains a natural order.
Foreign bodies void of this understanding seem beyond some border.
Small cries for validation and affection implode from suppression.
Seemingly naturally. But it is indeed at my discretion.

This perfectly imperfect sex-less, forget-less, complex-less president in my chest,
Wont let this orderly universe-Quench this yearning thirst
...Because it is so well rehearsed.

This order is a way of living.
Who I am.
Why I'm capable of forgiving.
So-Stepping outside-Is genocide.
This is where I LIVE..I dont want to SURVIVE outside!
And love BOUNTIFULLY stretches my starry skies. So- I won't gaze into your eyes.
...And fall to the ground in love with you.

Where wild flowers and wilder desires flourish.
Uncertainty and insecurity is nourished.
Im sorry B. But I'm uncertain that the certainty in my galaxies will carry me.
Things may never be the same again
So, naturally...at my discretion- We'll just be friends.

[edit: damn...]
http://rlv.zcache.com/got_issues_card-p137920025049174003tdn0_210.jpg

rockabilly
07-19-2009, 05:42 AM
Poetry is written from the heart not the mind.

Alyssa87
07-19-2009, 05:45 AM
aww thats cute
http://www.hungangels.com/board/files/emo_love_poem_669.jpg

sad.. but cute.

Sinister
07-19-2009, 05:47 AM
nice poetry to alyssa and rockabilly, I will post some of mine tomorrow for now check out these songs (ties in with the theme of the topic):

Cage-I Never Knew You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Sxm6zx4e8

Cage-Ballad of Worms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rgtp_qOfHA

rockabilly
07-19-2009, 05:55 AM
Nice my go to song is
"Fade into you" by Mazzy Star I love it , it is sad and beautiful. "Haunted" by POE is also beautiful.

jjhill
07-19-2009, 06:00 AM
Would "Fade To Black" by Metallica be considered Goth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWZOPkH82Hg&feature=PlayList&p=605F5AC40C0FB3F9&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=7

Jericho
07-19-2009, 06:01 AM
Angels Rap

Passion
It lies in all of us
Sleeping
Waiting
And though unwanted
Unbidden
It will Stir
Opens it's jaws
And Howl
It speaks to us
Guides us
Passion speaks to us all
And we obey
What other choice do we have
Passion is the source of our finest moments
The joy of love
The clarity of hatred
And the exstascy of grief
It hurts sometimes
More than we can bare
If we could live without passion
Maybe we would know some kind of peace
But we would be hollow
Empty rooms
Shuttered and dank
Without passion we'd be truly dead

rockabilly
07-19-2009, 06:52 AM
Precious Moments

ScottyBabe
07-19-2009, 12:22 PM
i don't know if the title of the thread, which calls out to goths and emos, is a good idea. we all feel sad from time to time, this should be a place for all to reach out and take energy from other peoples inspiring words (alyssa and rockabilly's inparticular).

i am at a low point at the moment, finding it difficult to get over my first love. whilst i'm not ready to share my words yet, i will share others. Music is a fantastic healer. i too love mazzy star's "fade into you" but my best medicine is Talk Talk's "After the Flood". the haunting of the song's flood overwhelms the inner emotions which we fight but the resolve is as sweet as the morning dew after a difficult night. enjoy if you please...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9HsGsB-MCM

Keep the cherished memories of the Loved and Lost, you'll regret it if you don't.

X

rameses2
07-19-2009, 01:13 PM
What about "Boys don't cry" or "Just like Heaven", by The Cure? In High School the "Goth" girls were ALWAYS the hot ones, at least to me.

rockabilly
07-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Emo is beauty Goth is love

SarahG
07-19-2009, 02:19 PM
The title made me want to go find the most perky, cheerful thing in the world to post here, just because.

However, I found great humor in this- and either I am projecting things, or I see great parallels between the author's comments and the stuff fundies say about LGBT people.

It’s Not Like They’ve Done Anything Wrong. They Only Worship Satan

Goths. We all hate them, but we can’t do anything about it. They are allowed to walk among us, polluting the public scenery and rebelling against everything possible without penalties. Many citizens have actually moved due to the large Goth population in their neighborhood, only to discover that Goths are everywhere and that they will soon govern this country. So how do we expel these people from our great nation? How do we rid our rich soil of these wrist-slitting offenders? First, we must find out what makes a Goth so dangerous to society.

The word “Goth” is derived from the biblical term “Gothic,” which means “Someone who should be shot.” In many books of the bible, Goths are mentioned enslaving the Jews, crucifying Jesus, and destroying the world. In fact, few people know that the word “Armageddon” is Gothic for “picnic.”

Two thousand years ago, when the bible took place, the Goth population was very small. There were only four of five Goths in all of West Asia, and they were usually too busy cutting their thighs to do anything productive. Nowadays, however, scientists predict that there are over 110 million Goths nation-wide; all producing enough blood from their thighs to fill Lake Champlain. They can be seen buying food from public grocery stores, playing sports on public fields, and roaming the halls of public schools. Their unhinged attitude and lack of self-control is spreading freely around America, and it needs to be stopped.

You’re probably wondering why I can make all of these ridiculous assumptions and stereotypes about the Goth community and speculate that they are the downfall of America. Well the sad truth is that I know more about Goths than anyone ever should. I have been living with a Goth for about 2 years now, and I have been observing his lifestyle in an attempt to understand them better. I guess you could say that I’m the Jane Goodall of Goths. In my studies I found out how one becomes Goth, what Goths do to out-rank each other, and how to distinguish between a Goth and a Punk Rocker. And through my famed publicity of this world-renown blog, I am going to share my findings with the world.

My brother became Goth a little less than 2 years ago. He may have wanted to transfer earlier but was not provided the opportunity because there was no tragedy. This is because the only way to become Goth is to suffer a hardship in your life. Generally, it’s a family death, abusive childhood, or alcoholic parent that drives you to become Goth, but some desperate wannabes call upon less extreme afflictions such as list earrings, bad dream, sour milk, etc. It is essential that your Gothic lifestyle begins with a tragedy or else you will be referred to as a “poser.” A poser in the Goth community is the lowest of the low. He is hated by everyone and everything and is never allowed to show his mascara-covered face again. Typical posers will not admit to being one, but can also never give you a legitimate reason as to why they are Goth. Not that it matters; all reasons for being Goth are bullcrap because the only time you should be allowed to hate life is if you have the same career, publicity, and name as Andy Dick.

The main question folks ask is why people become Goth. Why would someone want to be hated by everyone? Why would they choose to be the lowest species on the social ladder—below above anime-lovers—when everything was going fine before? The answer is simple: attention. Oh sure, they may have had a shred of dignity before their traumatic accident (getting a C+ on a math test), but no one was really looking at them. But now that they’re Goth, people not only look at them, they call them horrid names and throw rocks at them too!

Okay, I’m getting a little too worked up; let me slow down. When someone becomes Goth, people ask him why. What he really wants to say is “because I’m an attention-craving loser who wants people to look at him no matter what the cost,” but instead he will preach something along the lines of “because I don’t agree with the cliques and images the media drives into our head. Every year the government puts millions of dollars into telling us what to do, what to wear, and what to say. People who were once so free to think what they want have been brainwashed by the subliminal messages they see daily. Earth is no longer a place to appreciate nature, but rather a storm of marching clones who all wear what their told, say what their told, and have never once gone against the rules. We let other people determine what is cool; we let other people shape our images, and it’s not right.”

The Goth kid will continue this rant until you hit him in the head with a desk. In my years of study, I have learned that when you ask a Goth a question, you should warn him in advance that if he exceeds the 20 second answer limit, he will be quartered. But I’m getting off track.

Goth people claim that they are against the images driven into society’s head that make everyone look the same. If that is the idea they’re rebelling against, why do all Goths look the same? Why are the people denouncing “public cloning” all dressing in black pants and wearing dark makeup? I’ll tell you why: they’re stupid liars. Goths are too thickheaded to realize that their alibi is hypocritical and doesn’t make sense. By all stating that they’re against cliques, they’ve created their own clique!

Another example is anarchists. These people claim to be against group rules and leaders, yet they assemble. And when they do assemble, they obviously have someone in charge (a leader) and guidelines to follow (rules). The only way to be a true anarchist is to literally do everything people tell you not to do while you individually do around breaking rules; also known as an asshole.

My point is that you can’t trust Goths because everything they say is a lie. They’re too mindless to get their made up reason straight, not recognizing the fact that an anti-group crowd is still a group, regardless of how retarded the members are.

Once a person has achieved the amount of attention they wanted by becoming Goth, they only thing they can do is maintain it by performing ridiculous acts. Basically anything that gets you negative attention will work when you’re a Goth, the most popular being dressing in all black all the time. Other methods include not ever showering, wearing heavy pants in the summer, listening to deafening music, and—in extreme cases—becoming a lesbian. There really isn’t anything radical and extreme you can do to become Super Goth because all Goths so the same thing, hence the social-grouping they’re so hypocritically against. If a Goth actually wanted to be against what all the other Goths were doing, he would wear rainbow overalls and sing I’ve Got A Lovely Bunch Of Coconuts while picking dandelions in his backyard (also known as Andy Dick).

My brother, who was the main specimen in this study, has taken many of the usual steps to becoming Goth. Thankfully he still showers every night, but he has grown his hair out and dyed it black. He always dresses in black jeans, even in the midst of summer, and he wears the same clothes every day. I’m partial to think that this is due to his decaying brain tissue after watching the “I Love New York Marathon”, but inside I know it’s because he’s Goth. No matter the reason, he will not change or wash his clothes. He thinks that just because he showers he won’t smell like a litter box when he puts on his sweaty, crusty sweatshirt. And because I share a room with him, I will return from school to find my room smelling like an asshole.

Another huge thing Goths pretend to do is overdose on pills. I say “pretend” because the only people who OD on pills are heart-broken middle schoolers and rock stars. Most—normal—people stay far away from pills, but Goths worship them. They think that ODing on pills is the coolest thing anyone could ever do. This is not true because in Episode 43 of “Walker Texas Ranger”, I saw Chuck Norris actually punch a man so hard that all of the man’s immediate family died, and the majority of his other relatives were diagnosed with massive malignant tumors. I’m really not sure what makes overdosing so cool; maybe the fact that you’re willing to risk your life to get a high, or that you’ve finally found a use for an overstock of Tylenol. My brother told all his friends that our family got an overstock of prescription medicine and that he would get high whenever he wanted. This may be true, but it doesn’t disregard the fact that he dances in the shower to Kelly Clarkson.

But the most popular activity for Goths to do is to cut themselves. In a way, the amount a person cuts can determine how Goth they are, which, in turn, can show you how much attention they want. Sure, they might claim that the cuts release tension that is built up inside of them from their traumatic experience (forgetting their lunchbox on the school bus). Hell, they might even go as far as to say that each cut represents a horrible adversity they had to overcome (untied shoelace, pulpy orange juice, their CD skipping, etc.). My personal favorite is that “I cut myself just to see if I’m still alive” crap. But no matter what they tell you, the only real reasons Goths cut themselves is to show off their scars.

Depending on where you cut, there are many different ways to show off your grotesque scars. The most common place is the wrist, which is probably the best area to cut because it’s not like there are any major veins there. If you do slit your wrist, the thing to do is wear a sweat band for a few months until the scab goes away and you have a nice clean scar. During these months you will truly feel like an idiot when things like sweat, dust and fabric get into your wound and infect it. But when you’re all healed, you “forget” your sweat band and “accidentally” place your hand right in front of your friends face. Then when he confronts you about it, you make up some elaborate story about how you were in a bad mood so you got high and cut it with a sharpened fork while injecting ecstasy into your arm, where in reality you were doing it crying on your bathroom floor with a sock in your mouth to smother the pathetic screams of agony. Retard.

Once the word gets around school that you cut yourself and everyone thinks that you’re a psychotic loose cannon, you can sit back and enjoy the attention. However, you must make sure that your parents don’t find out you cut yourself, or your 15 minutes of fame could turn into 4 years of therapy, random drug tests, and a dick-head shrink.

Now that you know what causes people to become Goth and how to distinguish one, you can help me in my fight against them. With your help I can prevent Goths from actually making a name for themselves and keep them at the lowest point in society. How do we do it? Listen carefully.

WARNING: The following not only contains math, but also includes explicit notions of viciously murdering all Goths by throwing their limp bodies onto a massive bon fire and parading around it. Although I suppose all the toxic smoke from unwashed clothes would increase Global Warming.

On my street there are a total of three Goths. My brother, whose traumatic experience was a divorce two years ago; his friend, whose traumatic experience is being Puerto Rican, and his ex-girlfriend who is a poser. That is three Goths for every street. I figure there are roughly 50 million streets in America; each one having three Goths makes 150 million Goths worldwide. Subtract 40 million for margin of error (some places in America only have a population of 15 people, like, for example, Wyoming) leaves 110 million Goths in our country.

This number is devastating and should be dropped as soon as possible. And with half of all marriages ending in divorce, wannabe Goths are getting more legitimate reasons to turn Goth. So how do we prevent the increase of these Goths? We need to take drastic measures. North Dakota has already allowed the execution of Goths without trial, which is probably against four or five of our Constitutional rights, but it’s alright. Unfortunately we cannot do that here on the East Coast, so we have to do things on a smaller scale. That is why I propose right now that whenever you see a Goth, you punch him in the face and steal his bike. I have been using this approach for seven months now, and I feel that if we all work together we can scare Goths into extinction. And when they’re bleeding from the head and drifting in and out of consciousness, we strip them of their clothes and make them run naked on the freeway. Then, as a final scare tactic we give them white clothes.

I know it sounds extreme, but it’s a risk I am willing to take. I hope my studies have helped you realize your place in life, and have hopefully opened your eyes to the horror of Gothic bastards. I hope in time all of America will adopt North Dakota’s method of punishment, but until then we must fight alone. So gather up your bats, sharpen your swords, and turn on your washing machine. Goths are going down.

http://bizzoony.wordpress.com/2007/06/11/its-not-like-theyve-done-anything-wrong-they-only-worship-satan/

rockabilly
07-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Haunted by Rose

eclipsemint
07-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Gawd! I come back to visit 24 hours later and you two are still at it. A match made in heaven if you ask me.

Ryz
07-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Yo if it wasn't for your whip I'd have nothing to strip
If it wasn't for wrist's I'd have nothing to slit

rockabilly
07-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Gawd! I come back to visit 24 hours later and you two are still at it. A match made in heaven if you ask me.

I am single ... and looking for love. Hmmm now whered did she go. ;)

rockabilly
07-19-2009, 08:25 PM
It's as if ABC read my mind ... but my inner emo is in a fetal position rocking back and forth ... weeping. :cry:

timebomb
07-19-2009, 10:38 PM
I always thought Emo's should be shipped to Africa where they can experience real sadness, maybe hunger and real pain. All this bullshit sadness in a country where we get the privilege of feeling sad. That's right, we have a privilege, other places you have no choice.

"Boo I am so sad because my mom and dad gave me a middle class American life style" - go choke on a chicken bone.

rockabilly
07-19-2009, 10:48 PM
There's hunger , pain , and sadness in America too Timebomb .

Quiet Reflections
07-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Atreyu - Bleeding Mascara

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LvhQ6aIX1o&feature=related

A wraith with an angel’s body.
A demon with a smile of gold.
You soul-sucker.
I won’t become like you.
A killer with the perfect weapons,
crystal eyes and a heart of coal.
You soul-sucker.
I won’t lose myself in you.

Look how pretty she is, when she falls down.
now there’s no beauty in bleeding mascara. Lips are quivering
Like a withering rose, she’s back again.

What the fuck do you think love means?
It’s more than words and more then feelings
sucking me dry. Is my marrow that sweet?
Your dead lovers left a trail of broken hearts and misspent hopes.

Sucking them dry. Does their marrow taste of
Sweetness, Sweetness? I hope you choke.

Look how pretty she is, when she falls down.
now there’s no beauty in bleeding mascara. Lips are quivering
like a withering rose, she’s back again, she's back a-, shes back again.. shes back

JelenaCD
07-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Love your poetry Alyssa87, very good stuff , you have talent and looks , damn girl you got it going , keep on doing what you do

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 12:27 AM
You complete me

mrtron
07-20-2009, 12:41 AM
wow you've got skills alyssa87 i'm impressed!

SarahG
07-20-2009, 02:01 AM

Woah, hold on....

If you want it to count, it's down the road, not across the street!

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 02:15 AM
:oops: Sarah ... will you accept my heart :oops:

2009AD
07-20-2009, 02:37 AM
Just saw this.....

Emoteme

Roses are red
Flowers are blue
So am I
Meet me at Starbucks
We'll Twitter the tears away
Bring your Amex
I'll bring my iPhone

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 02:44 AM
:cry:

Deimos
07-20-2009, 04:43 AM
haha i posted this as a blog originally since this thread is here i post it here too.

Me on goth subculture:

Goth fashion is stereotyped as a dark, sometimes morbid, eroticized fashion and style of dress. Typical gothic fashion includes dyed black hair, dark eyeliner, black fingernails, black period-styled clothing; goths may or may not have piercings. Styles are often borrowed from the Elizabethan, Victorian or medieval period and often express Catholic, Wiccan or other religious imagery such as crucifixes, pentagrams or ankhs. The extent to which goths hold to this style varies amongst individuals as well as geographical locality, though virtually all Goths wear some of these elements. Fashion designers, such as Alexander McQueen and John Galliano, have also been described as practicing "Haute Goth". Goth fashion is often confused with heavy metal fashion outsiders often mistake fans of heavy metal for goth, particularly those who wear black trench coats, Tripp pants or wear "corpse paint" (a term associated with the black metal music scene).

Now let's get into what Traditional Goths listen to. Traditional Gothic music (at it's initial stage simply called Goth or Goth Rock) is a branch of the post-punk era of the 1970's. Siouxsie & The Banshees were the earliest group to have ever been given the "goth" label. Although they didn't like it, they ran with it, and eventually embraced it. The 1980's is really were gothic subculture in music lifted off. With such artists as The Bahuas, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, and Real Life. They paved a road which gave way to early industrial at the time Nine Inch Nails, KMFDM, Skinny Puppy, and Ministry were the earliest.

Fast forward about 5 more years. Enter the age of Cyberpunk and Bondage. By Bondage, I don't mean BDSM. I'm referring to the ridiculous outfits people wear� that have pointless straps of cloth material or chains (and usually d-rings) attached on to and left to dangle and get caught in your bike spokes. At any rate, the Cyberpunk and Bondage ear have made it hard to clarify what is Gothic, and what is just people who like weird styles of clothing and being different. Let's get something clear for anyone curious. Bondage is not a gothic style. It is a Metal head style. Cyberpunk is just that, punks in tight futuristic looking, but mildly gothic in style, outfits usually consisting of latex or vinyl, and the occasional leather outfit.

Confusion... if you think Disturbed, Slipknot, Mindless Self Indulgence, Korn, Static X, Godsmack, Marilyn Manson (shock rock, not goth.. let's be intelligent people), Retard-O-Bot, Jack Off Jill, Atari Teenage Riot or Rob Zombie are gothic... you'd be very wrong. Those are all metal, rock, and punk groups. Like those group's fans, they also get confused for somehow being affiliated in the long run with goths.

Fast forward 5 more years. Enter the age of Emo. According to most Traditional Goths, Emo is similar to "punk for pussies," as a fellow in Australia told me. What, they have Goths in the down under?

At any rate the Emo scene, extends into Screamo, Metalcore, Straight Edge, and Hardcore sub-cultures. Think of Emo's as birds. You have a bunch of different kinds of birds.

Now the difference lies herein... 9 out of 10 "emos" or whichever ever you'd like to call them, they're all the same, (yes, they are.. there is no point for you to try and prove, I will not entertain your arguments, it's that simple, sorry, not really, deal with it) do not have bad lives at all. They, in fact, have nothing to be emotional about. Well maybe if their best friend dies... you know the one... Fluffy... he was a great hamster. But most of them get the world handed to them on a platter by their families and spit in their faces. Emos are associated with Goths because of the black clothing, eyeliner and occasional depressing song a Goth may turn on. Emos don't connect with music like Goths do. They do not listen to even vaguely similar music. Stand an Emo next to a Goth and they look nothing a like. It's like standing a rabid wolvering next to a bunny.. and let's face it... in this scenario, emos are very fluffy. (theres that word again... fluffy, that must mean something)

Confusion.... If you think HIM, My Chemical Romance, Evanescence, Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, or Saves The Day is in any shape or form Gothic.. you'd be so wrong.

In the long run everyone will label themselves as something. It's called tribal association. It has existed since the age of Mesopotamia, the earliest know civilization to human kind. Everyone will flock to groups of similar interest. Hence why it so fucking hard to tell who's who and what's what.

One more thing, before it's thrown out there.... I understand people venture outside their little boxes and listen something different now and then. It doesn't change the label you associate yourself with. See you may call yourself goth, but unless you have the mentality of a goth, you aren't one. (you know like that juggalo thing, if you don't have the mentality of a juggalo your just a poser, the same principle applies here.) Although you may not be a poser per say... Over all it's not about what you listen to or how you dress but how you think, act, feel, and live your life. However appearance and preference plays a major role in tribal association. If your an emo, your not gonna go hang out with a group of wiggers and thugs are you? No.. your going to look for others like you.. straight edges kids, scene kids, whatever.

I'm not saying that it's impossible to have a friend who listens to rap and all you listen to is metal... that's just a retard conclusion for you, the reader, to draw. What I'm saying is when you find yourself in a large group, who do you see around you? EXACTLY, other people like you!

But let me make this clear... there is no such thing as a person who listens to "EVERYTHING." Let me put on some fucking Frank Sinatra, Barry Manilow, or Barbra Streisand.. shit no one but your grand parents could even listen to... You listen to everything... my fucking ass you do.

I hope this help cleared up any questions you may have had (or self doubts) about Gothic subculture.

i wrote this all like two months ago i figured i'd share

Quiet Reflections
07-20-2009, 05:07 AM
haha i posted this as a blog originally since this thread is here i post it here too.

Me on goth subculture:

Goth fashion is stereotyped as a dark, sometimes morbid, eroticized fashion and style of dress. Typical gothic fashion includes dyed black hair, dark eyeliner, black fingernails, black period-styled clothing; goths may or may not have piercings. Styles are often borrowed from the Elizabethan, Victorian or medieval period and often express Catholic, Wiccan or other religious imagery such as crucifixes, pentagrams or ankhs. The extent to which goths hold to this style varies amongst individuals as well as geographical locality, though virtually all Goths wear some of these elements. Fashion designers, such as Alexander McQueen and John Galliano, have also been described as practicing "Haute Goth". Goth fashion is often confused with heavy metal fashion outsiders often mistake fans of heavy metal for goth, particularly those who wear black trench coats, Tripp pants or wear "corpse paint" (a term associated with the black metal music scene).

Now let's get into what Traditional Goths listen to. Traditional Gothic music (at it's initial stage simply called Goth or Goth Rock) is a branch of the post-punk era of the 1970's. Siouxsie & The Banshees were the earliest group to have ever been given the "goth" label. Although they didn't like it, they ran with it, and eventually embraced it. The 1980's is really were gothic subculture in music lifted off. With such artists as The Bahuas, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, and Real Life. They paved a road which gave way to early industrial at the time Nine Inch Nails, KMFDM, Skinny Puppy, and Ministry were the earliest.

Fast forward about 5 more years. Enter the age of Cyberpunk and Bondage. By Bondage, I don't mean BDSM. I'm referring to the ridiculous outfits people wear� that have pointless straps of cloth material or chains (and usually d-rings) attached on to and left to dangle and get caught in your bike spokes. At any rate, the Cyberpunk and Bondage ear have made it hard to clarify what is Gothic, and what is just people who like weird styles of clothing and being different. Let's get something clear for anyone curious. Bondage is not a gothic style. It is a Metal head style. Cyberpunk is just that, punks in tight futuristic looking, but mildly gothic in style, outfits usually consisting of latex or vinyl, and the occasional leather outfit.

Confusion... if you think Disturbed, Slipknot, Mindless Self Indulgence, Korn, Static X, Godsmack, Marilyn Manson (shock rock, not goth.. let's be intelligent people), Retard-O-Bot, Jack Off Jill, Atari Teenage Riot or Rob Zombie are gothic... you'd be very wrong. Those are all metal, rock, and punk groups. Like those group's fans, they also get confused for somehow being affiliated in the long run with goths.

Fast forward 5 more years. Enter the age of Emo. According to most Traditional Goths, Emo is similar to "punk for pussies," as a fellow in Australia told me. What, they have Goths in the down under?

At any rate the Emo scene, extends into Screamo, Metalcore, Straight Edge, and Hardcore sub-cultures. Think of Emo's as birds. You have a bunch of different kinds of birds.

Now the difference lies herein... 9 out of 10 "emos" or whichever ever you'd like to call them, they're all the same, (yes, they are.. there is no point for you to try and prove, I will not entertain your arguments, it's that simple, sorry, not really, deal with it) do not have bad lives at all. They, in fact, have nothing to be emotional about. Well maybe if their best friend dies... you know the one... Fluffy... he was a great hamster. But most of them get the world handed to them on a platter by their families and spit in their faces. Emos are associated with Goths because of the black clothing, eyeliner and occasional depressing song a Goth may turn on. Emos don't connect with music like Goths do. They do not listen to even vaguely similar music. Stand an Emo next to a Goth and they look nothing a like. It's like standing a rabid wolvering next to a bunny.. and let's face it... in this scenario, emos are very fluffy. (theres that word again... fluffy, that must mean something)

Confusion.... If you think HIM, My Chemical Romance, Evanescence, Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, or Saves The Day is in any shape or form Gothic.. you'd be so wrong.

In the long run everyone will label themselves as something. It's called tribal association. It has existed since the age of Mesopotamia, the earliest know civilization to human kind. Everyone will flock to groups of similar interest. Hence why it so fucking hard to tell who's who and what's what.

One more thing, before it's thrown out there.... I understand people venture outside their little boxes and listen something different now and then. It doesn't change the label you associate yourself with. See you may call yourself goth, but unless you have the mentality of a goth, you aren't one. (you know like that juggalo thing, if you don't have the mentality of a juggalo your just a poser, the same principle applies here.) Although you may not be a poser per say... Over all it's not about what you listen to or how you dress but how you think, act, feel, and live your life. However appearance and preference plays a major role in tribal association. If your an emo, your not gonna go hang out with a group of wiggers and thugs are you? No.. your going to look for others like you.. straight edges kids, scene kids, whatever.

I'm not saying that it's impossible to have a friend who listens to rap and all you listen to is metal... that's just a retard conclusion for you, the reader, to draw. What I'm saying is when you find yourself in a large group, who do you see around you? EXACTLY, other people like you!

But let me make this clear... there is no such thing as a person who listens to "EVERYTHING." Let me put on some fucking Frank Sinatra, Barry Manilow, or Barbra Streisand.. shit no one but your grand parents could even listen to... You listen to everything... my fucking ass you do.

I hope this help cleared up any questions you may have had (or self doubts) about Gothic subculture.

I listen to everything

Jericho
07-20-2009, 05:33 AM

Woah, hold on....

That's just mean! :lol:

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 05:44 AM
Woah, hold on....

If you want it to count, it's down the road, not across the street![/quote]

Thank you ...

HP1000
07-20-2009, 05:50 AM
Woah, hold on....

Thank you ...[/quote]

Dude that was SICK!

HP1000
07-20-2009, 05:54 AM
Your telling people how to cut their wrists the right way?

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 05:55 AM
Your opinion is the last thing i care about now. Scarrification is older than tattooing.

Ryz
07-20-2009, 05:57 AM

Woah, hold on....

harharhar

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 05:57 AM
And i only posted the pic. Read all the thread or dont.

HP1000
07-20-2009, 05:59 AM
My ex wife was a Nurse and told me stories of people cutting their wrists and ending up in the Emergency room because they cut it wrong.

I can't believe you posted that...

Jericho
07-20-2009, 06:19 AM
My ex wife was a Nurse and told me stories of people cutting their wrists and ending up in the Emergency room because they cut it wrong.

I can't believe you posted that...

Dawg, that thing's been kicking around the internet for years...Lighten up.

On a pesonal note, if someone wants to 'end it all', i'm all for an informed choice.

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 06:28 AM
Google has more vivid pics. My pic comes on a tshirt.

SarahG
07-20-2009, 06:51 AM
Damnit, I was hoping to stay out of this thread- but now its just too hard to resist it...

This might come off as semantics, but I think it would be quite erroneous to propose that the evolution of goth-derivative music, to say nothing of fashion, is "linear" along a chronological span of time. Sure there is some common origins (for lack of a better word, I almost wanted to say etiology lol) but it (imho falsely) paints the picture of "goth" turning into all these things, when it didn't. "Goth" still exists, and I can think of a few albums of the last IDK, 5-10 years or so, that sound like they could be taken straight out of the 80s- coming from bands that didn't exist at any point in time close to then. There's a constant give & take, and it runs in multiple directions, that's why so many of the older bands' "sound" changed so much as time went on (i.e. Lacrimosa, The Sisters Of Mercy, KMFDM, The Cure... there's more but that's what first popped in my head). Then there's all those cross over bands that just make things more confusing (i.e. Sanguis Et Cinis, Lacrimosa, Theatre of Tragedy [this one might be controversial to put as a "cross over band" I suppose]...), the genres that people falsely assume to be goth-derivative (i.e. EBM) because it "sounds" similar to some people to bands people usually associate with goth-derivative like KMFDM. And then there's wtf do you even call Abbney Park (and don't even think about telling me "steampunk," one band a genre does not make!).

I've seen several flow charts trying to "map out" how all these genres connect to each other, it doesn't look like a spider web, and it doesn't look like a line. Frankly, it looks like what happens when you take a 1st grader, tell him to brain storm for an essay, and then get the kid drunk on "jesus juice" so he can throw up all over the place. One big disorganized mess... and not one anyone really wants to clean up.

Confusion... if you think Disturbed, Slipknot, Mindless Self Indulgence, Korn, Static X, Godsmack, Marilyn Manson (shock rock, not goth.. let's be intelligent people), Retard-O-Bot, Jack Off Jill, Atari Teenage Riot or Rob Zombie are gothic... you'd be very wrong.

Confusion.... If you think HIM, My Chemical Romance, Evanescence, Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, or Saves The Day is in any shape or form Gothic.. you'd be so wrong....

I have a bone to pick with this. I've read a lot of rants & raves about "what goth is," and its more common for those essays to say that then not... but let's be honest here, do people ever really say "disturbed is goth" frequently ...or is this just an example done for dramatic effect? Who actually makes those assertions? Do people commonly propose that those bands are gothic?

As you'd notice I put two of your examples in bold, to be fair I have noticed that Korn is frequently tagged incorrectly on last.fm... BUT, tags for bands are routinely incorrect on last.fm, and the more popular a band is- the more mistakes show threw. Blindly trusting a last.fm tag is like blindly trusting the "genre" ID3 tag field on an mp3 downloaded from limewire. Still I have noticed that for most bands, one of the first 5-6 tags is often an accurate one, so most people tend to have a pretty good feel (broadly) for what to label a given band.

As to Evanescence.... I think this is a separate issue. There are two things going on there, first being that the term "gothic metal" has been used & abused to the point where its no longer a meaningful label whatsoever. It's not so much that people think Evanescence is gothic (when it is not), but that people have been thinking it is "gothic metal" when it is not. This is because people have started using the term "gothic metal" to mean "symphonic metal when the lead vocalist is a girl" (fucking facepalm...). Not only have people seemingly replaced the "symphonic metal" label with "gothic metal," but they apply it so liberally that I find myself asking "where's the fucking metal!?!"

Case in point, Within Temptation. Their first album, "Enter" was about as close as that genre gets to metal. Now go pull their single, "Running Up That Hill"- and what do you find? Not metal... but a Tori Amos cover! Their newer releases are all about the same. Good? Sure [if you're ever into that stuff], but it's not metal. Calling it anything ending in "-metal" is just a blatant mistake, and as big of one as calling it "gothic." I used this example intentionally because Within Temptation (their newer stuff) sounds extremely similar to Evanescence (I know many people have noticed their similarity in fact). The other thing I'd propose, is that while most Americans don't know about Within Temptation (its not a band clearchannel has picked up afaik), they do know about Evanescence (which was). I think a lot of the "Evanescence is not a gothic band!" chatter online is nothing more than a simple "let's go bitch about this band, because people know about it since its popular/mainstream!" You'd have to be joking to propose that people assert Evanescence is gothic as much as people assert Evanescence to be "gothic metal." But how come people complain so much about the former instead of the later?

eclipsemint
07-20-2009, 06:53 AM
I prefer naughty Elmo to Emo Elmo.

“Being friends with someone you would rather be in love with is like being invited behind the barn to look at the stars and only looking at the stars.”

SarahG
07-20-2009, 08:08 AM

Woah, hold on....

That's just mean! :lol:

Well, when I'm right, I'm right.

..besides, it's not like I said anything that hasn't already been all over the net in various 4chan-like meme forms. I mean seriously, and I thought I lived under a rock in a cave in Siberia. Who hasn't heard that one by now?

You guys need to lighten up, if that's enough to make you PO'd, chances are you'll be even less of a fan of my darker humor. And HP1000, if you're gonna bitch at that being said, you should bitch at me- rockabilly did nothing but post a visual aid to what I had already said earlier in the thread (which, was inevitable after mentioning it).

Why isn't anyone pissed off & lecturing Ryz for joking about slitting his wrist in the first place? Is it really that big of a jump to go from wrist slitting jokes about self injury/suicide to jingles about "how to do it the right way"?

:roll:

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Sarah defended me :)

Deimos
07-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Damnit, I was hoping to stay out of this thread- but now its just too hard to resist it...

This might come off as semantics, but I think it would be quite erroneous to propose that the evolution of goth-derivative music, to say nothing of fashion, is "linear" along a chronological span of time. Sure there is some common origins (for lack of a better word, I almost wanted to say etiology lol) but it (imho falsely) paints the picture of "goth" turning into all these things, when it didn't. "Goth" still exists, and I can think of a few albums of the last IDK, 5-10 years or so, that sound like they could be taken straight out of the 80s- coming from bands that didn't exist at any point in time close to then. There's a constant give & take, and it runs in multiple directions, that's why so many of the older bands' "sound" changed so much as time went on (i.e. Lacrimosa, The Sisters Of Mercy, KMFDM, The Cure... there's more but that's what first popped in my head). Then there's all those cross over bands that just make things more confusing (i.e. Sanguis Et Cinis, Lacrimosa, Theatre of Tragedy [this one might be controversial to put as a "cross over band" I suppose]...), the genres that people falsely assume to be goth-derivative (i.e. EBM) because it "sounds" similar to some people to bands people usually associate with goth-derivative like KMFDM. And then there's wtf do you even call Abbney Park (and don't even think about telling me "steampunk," one band a genre does not make!).

I've seen several flow charts trying to "map out" how all these genres connect to each other, it doesn't look like a spider web, and it doesn't look like a line. Frankly, it looks like what happens when you take a 1st grader, tell him to brain storm for an essay, and then get the kid drunk on "jesus juice" so he can throw up all over the place. One big disorganized mess... and not one anyone really wants to clean up.

Confusion... if you think Disturbed, Slipknot, Mindless Self Indulgence, Korn, Static X, Godsmack, Marilyn Manson (shock rock, not goth.. let's be intelligent people), Retard-O-Bot, Jack Off Jill, Atari Teenage Riot or Rob Zombie are gothic... you'd be very wrong.

Confusion.... If you think HIM, My Chemical Romance, Evanescence, Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, or Saves The Day is in any shape or form Gothic.. you'd be so wrong....

I have a bone to pick with this. I've read a lot of rants & raves about "what goth is," and its more common for those essays to say that then not... but let's be honest here, do people ever really say "disturbed is goth" frequently ...or is this just an example done for dramatic effect? Who actually makes those assertions? Do people commonly propose that those bands are gothic?

As you'd notice I put two of your examples in bold, to be fair I have noticed that Korn is frequently tagged incorrectly on last.fm... BUT, tags for bands are routinely incorrect on last.fm, and the more popular a band is- the more mistakes show threw. Blindly trusting a last.fm tag is like blindly trusting the "genre" ID3 tag field on an mp3 downloaded from limewire. Still I have noticed that for most bands, one of the first 5-6 tags is often an accurate one, so most people tend to have a pretty good feel (broadly) for what to label a given band.

As to Evanescence.... I think this is a separate issue. There are two things going on there, first being that the term "gothic metal" has been used & abused to the point where its no longer a meaningful label whatsoever. It's not so much that people think Evanescence is gothic (when it is not), but that people have been thinking it is "gothic metal" when it is not. This is because people have started using the term "gothic metal" to mean "symphonic metal when the lead vocalist is a girl" (fucking facepalm...). Not only have people seemingly replaced the "symphonic metal" label with "gothic metal," but they apply it so liberally that I find myself asking "where's the fucking metal!?!"

Case in point, Within Temptation. Their first album, "Enter" was about as close as that genre gets to metal. Now go pull their single, "Running Up That Hill"- and what do you find? Not metal... but a Tori Amos cover! Their newer releases are all about the same. Good? Sure [if you're ever into that stuff], but it's not metal. Calling it anything ending in "-metal" is just a blatant mistake, and as big of one as calling it "gothic." I used this example intentionally because Within Temptation (their newer stuff) sounds extremely similar to Evanescence (I know many people have noticed their similarity in fact). The other thing I'd propose, is that while most Americans don't know about Within Temptation (its not a band clearchannel has picked up afaik), they do know about Evanescence (which was). I think a lot of the "Evanescence is not a gothic band!" chatter online is nothing more than a simple "let's go bitch about this band, because people know about it since its popular/mainstream!" You'd have to be joking to propose that people assert Evanescence is gothic as much as people assert Evanescence to be "gothic metal." But how come people complain so much about the former instead of the later?

Very good points actually.

Deimos
07-20-2009, 05:58 PM

Me on goth subculture:

I listen to everything

Do you listen to Horrorcore?

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 06:55 PM
A few faves

Dirky
07-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Anytime 'core' is attached to music I rapidly lose interest.

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 07:07 PM
more

Dirky
07-20-2009, 07:11 PM
No mention of the Horrors yet?

http://podgroup.typepad.com/lebeatbespoke4/images/2008/02/13/horrors_lbb4_2.jpg

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Nor Bauhaus :( musically i swing more towards the punk and psychobilly music style.

Dirky
07-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Nor Bauhaus :( musically i swing more towards the punk and psychobilly music style.

In that case, you better not forget the Cramps either. RIP Lux.

http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/shrinker465php.jpeg

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Great band , true pioneers. This band while not emo or goth is great ... Porn meets Rockabilly music ... Buck Naked & the Barebottom Boys. Give a listen

Dirky
07-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Great band , true pioneers.

They put on some of the greatest live performances I've ever seen.

Practically invented psychobilly on their own.

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 07:39 PM
First time i heard the Cramps was in The Return of the Living Dead.

Dirky
07-20-2009, 07:44 PM
First time i heard the Cramps was in The Return of the Living Dead.

For me it was in Urgh! A Music War. Someone needs to release that on DVD!

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Alone ... So Cold

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 10:38 PM
The Ring

Quiet Reflections
07-21-2009, 12:25 AM

Me on goth subculture:

I listen to everything

Hell yeah! I love Horrorcore/Deathrap Necro ,Esham,Cage,Brother Lynch Hung. I also like Rosemary Clooney and I Killed the Prom Queen, I love Herbie Hancock and Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder. I love Pantera,Sublime,NOFX,311,Tchaikovsky,the Ohio Players,HATEBREED, Tiesto , Judge Jules, Carl Cox etc. I listen to everything but i love punk music the most.

SarahG
07-21-2009, 12:35 AM

Me on goth subculture:

I listen to everything

Hell yeah! I love Horrorcore/Deathrap Necro ,Esham,Cage,Brother Lynch Hung. I also like Rosemary Clooney and I Killed the Prom Queen, I love Herbie Hancock and Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder. I love Pantera,Sublime,NOFX,311,Tchaikovsky,the Ohio Players,HATEBREED, Tiesto , Judge Jules, Carl Cox etc. I listen to everything but i love punk music the most.

Very few people listen to EVERYTHING, but- some people really do literally listen to everything.

This one guy I knew in highschool would listen to anything, if someone made a mix of running their nails down a caulk board, he would eat it up- didn't matter how annoyingly bad it was, he'd like it.

Most people who saw his music collection would immediately think he was (clinically) mentally deranged, but that's just the way he was. Whenever someone would ask him "so do you listen to __?", the only reason he'd say no was if he hadn't heard of them before... he'd write down the artist and go DL it to add it to his music library. Some of the oddest, most obscure stuff I've ever heard I found on his computer lol.

Quiet Reflections
07-21-2009, 12:44 AM

Me on goth subculture:

I listen to everything

Very few people listen to EVERYTHING, but- some people really do literally listen to everything.

This one guy I knew in highschool would listen to anything, if someone made a mix of running their nails down a caulk board, he would eat it up- didn't matter how annoyingly bad it was, he'd like it.

Most people who saw his music collection would immediately think he was (clinically) mentally deranged, but that's just the way he was. Whenever someone would ask him "so do you listen to __?", the only reason he'd say no was if he hadn't heard of them before... he'd write down the artist and go DL it to add it to his music library. Some of the oddest, most obscure stuff I've ever heard I found on his computer lol.
There are artists i don't like but i do like all genres of music. Im black and i have some David Allen Coe , Johnny Rebel and Screwdriver in my music library. I have always loved music and the feelings it expresses weather or not i agree with the lyrics. I also can respect musicians i hate by focusing on their musical talent and not their message or lack there of(like a lot of rap)

Dirky
07-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Im black and i have some David Allen Coe , Johnny Rebel and Screwdriver in my music library.

Even I'm offended by those people and I'm white! :lol:

Seriously though, it's cool that you're open-minded like that. I'm impressed.

rockabilly
07-21-2009, 03:30 AM
Dead Inside ... Without Her.

runamok
07-21-2009, 07:13 AM
I'm a NY Jets fan, does that count?

Sup long suffering buddy!

Deimos
07-21-2009, 03:23 PM

Me on goth subculture:

I listen to everything

Well, see I only asked that because 9 times out of 10, no one even knows what the hell horrorcore is lol. Nice chioces btw. Not really a Necro fan though, I do like Ill Bill.

rockabilly
07-21-2009, 06:48 PM
OG original goth

chefmike
07-21-2009, 07:50 PM

Will someone give this schmuck a tampon already?

SMDH....

rockabilly
07-21-2009, 07:53 PM

SMDH....
I dont talk shit about you and i would like the same respect. You dont have to read what i post , so sod off thank you.
If i'm depressed and posting here helps me to feel better than who does it hurt hmm. Sorry i cant be all smiles and rainbows.

chefmike
07-21-2009, 09:42 PM

SMDH....
I dont talk shit about you and i would like the same respect. You dont have to read what i post , so sod off thank you.
If i'm depressed and posting here helps me to feel better than who does it hurt hmm. Sorry i cant be all smiles and rainbows.

It certainly comes as no surprise that your sig quotes a band that is worshipped by nancyboys everywhere...what, nothing from Culture Club or the Smiths, Francis? Rockabilly my ass(I bounced for the Blasters at several gigs in the 80's, chump)...did you emigrate to SC from Canada?

Perhaps the answer isn't making 30 posts per day of the most insipid, ingratiating, whiny, capt save a ho drivel that has graced this forum for a long time...so why don't you man the fuck up, wipe off the eyeliner and mascara, and grow a pair, slick...

Did I make myself clear?

Nicole Dupre
07-21-2009, 09:44 PM

SMDH....

It certainly comes as no surprise that your sig quotes a band that is worshipped by nancyboys everywhere...what, nothing from Culture Club or the Smiths, Francis? Rockabilly my ass(I bounced for the Blasters at several gigs in the 80's, chump)...did you emigrate to SC from Canada?

Perhaps the answer isn't making 30 posts per day of the most insipid, ingratiating, whiny, capt save a ho drivel that has graced this forum for a long time...so why don't you man the fuck up, wipe off the eyeliner and mascara, and grow a pair, slick...

Did I make myself clear?Go listen to Bruce Springsteen, grampa.

chefmike
07-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Fuck off, ya sideshow lookin freak. Not planning on dirtying myself with your posts now that you've been allowed to slither back for a while...so later, sideshow...go bite the head off of a chicken...

Nicole Dupre
07-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Fuck off, ya sideshow lookin freak. Not planning on dirtying myself with your posts now that you've been allowed to slither back for a while...so later, sideshow...go bite the head off of a chicken...

Whatever. Just stop acting like anyone needs to impress you. Leave people alone, fatty.

rockabilly
07-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Hey Mikey why so angry? I can post what i like and i gotta wonder why you were lookin at a goth thread to begin w/ , and i'm capt. whatever because i'm polite and caring to the ladies? You need to relax Mike .

rockabilly
07-21-2009, 10:03 PM
And Mike am i supposed to be threatened by you? I dont owe you any explantions about me or my posts , your a Troll now " Did i make myself clear " ?

rockabilly
07-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Goth Girls are sexy

2009AD
07-21-2009, 11:22 PM
Emo Phillips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ab6LWXeNDA

rockabilly
07-21-2009, 11:24 PM
Thats old school , did you know he married Judy Tanoota.

jjhill
07-22-2009, 04:22 AM
Calling all goths and emos , feeling depressed about life or love then post here. Share poetry , art , pics whatever.

anybody watchin south park? lol

rockabilly
07-22-2009, 04:25 AM
Lets smoke and drink coffee.

Helvis2012
07-22-2009, 04:50 AM
Great poem Alyssa. 5 Stars!

Alyssa87
07-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Great poem Alyssa. 5 Stars!

thanks mister.

rockabilly
07-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Comix

jjhill
07-23-2009, 04:08 AM
anybody watching south park?

hotvegasguy26
07-23-2009, 04:56 AM
oh shit the new season starts today?....or reruns?

Ryz
07-23-2009, 05:04 AM
haha no

jjhill
07-23-2009, 05:07 AM
they did the goth/vampire episode tonight

Quiet Reflections
07-23-2009, 06:43 AM

Me on goth subculture:

I listen to everything

Well, see I only asked that because 9 times out of 10, no one even knows what the hell horrorcore is lol. Nice chioces btw. Not really a Necro fan though, I do like Ill Bill.
Ill Bill is sick too. On a different note do you ever listen to Sage Francis?

rockabilly
07-23-2009, 06:49 AM
they did the goth/vampire episode tonight

That is one of my fave episodes , Per se` :lol:

rockabilly
07-23-2009, 06:49 AM
Even Sesame Street has a goth ... or a pimp , i can't decide which. :shrug:

rockabilly
07-23-2009, 04:51 PM
" Vheres my money bitch "

Alyssa87
07-23-2009, 05:10 PM
http://www.hungangels.com/board/files/the_count_535.jpg

I remember not liking the count, and being a little afraid of him.
Honestly, he still creeps me out a bit.

But they (older family) tell me i used to actually cry hysterically when he had a scene on sesame street.

Navi
07-23-2009, 05:17 PM
on these keens of mine, i look off in space, why am i here? what did i lose? they look at me, they talk to me, why! scream, louder,louder and louder and all i get back is empty hopes of a white room that cannot full fill my dreams.

rockabilly
07-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Sesame Street was pretty diverse , The Count had OCD , Oscar was homeless , Bert & Ernie tv's first gay couple , Cookie monsters eating disorder is well documented.

TsJANIRA
07-23-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm up to my ears in sad poetry!
I wrote this a few days ago.

The Doldrums

Can you see or hear eyes screaming ‘help me‘?
How about ‘love me‘?

Can you see the bruises from life’s beatings?
Repair said damage to the soul?

How about if she resigns herself to her room for days or weeks on end?
If she has a sick relationship with herself,
That promotes isolation.

Where the other her keeps her too weak to reach out, but strong enough to self-righteously repel you.
So that even if you are talented enough to see, hear, and repair her afflictions- you cant.

She’s insane because she does this day in day out, but somehow, somewhere- expects different results.
As if luck were real. As if a deity will step in and pull her from the doldrums.

For all her sense and sensibility and sensitivity- despite her intellect and intelligence,
She’s blocked by fear and insecurity. Near defeated.
Perhaps its just those attributes that put her where she is.
If she didn’t understand or internalize her experience and perceptions to the extent at which she does,
She’d somehow be as blissfully ignorant as she is painfully aware.

Despite her stagnancy, she’s curiously optimistic.
So don’t shake your head and lower your gaze at her just yet.
Even if it never comes,
Assuredness in a bright future chin-checks her incessant, deadening comfort in seclusion.
Some far away tomorrow holds the joy that eludes her today. And that’s strangely okay.

You just READ ME FOR FILTH!!!!!

Alyssa87
07-23-2009, 06:34 PM
It’s a condition that climbs mountains and swims seas.
I love you Janira : )

& that avatar is s e x

rockabilly
07-23-2009, 06:38 PM
Hmmm Janira is that new avatar a little Alladin influenced? Princess Janira perhaps . ;) it's gorgeous.

TsJANIRA
07-23-2009, 06:47 PM
I TOOK IT THIS MORNING AT 430 a.m.,,LOL... I WAS TESTING SOME LOOKS FOR SOME PICTURES , I AM DOING. SO FAR I LOVED IT AS WHOLE......

MY FAMILY REFERS TO ME AS PRINCESS,, SO I GUESS IT FITS.... I PEFER ARIEL.....LOLL

TsJANIRA
07-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Alyssa, I love you too sweety!!!!

MY EYES WATERED WHEN I WAS READING YOUR POEM,, WE HAVE WRITING IN COMMON I HAVE BOOKS FILLED WITH STUFF I HAVE WRITTEN,, I WOULD LOVE TO SHARE , BUT THOSE ARE MY BABIES,,, I AM VERY PROTECTIVE OF THEM..

ALYSSA YOU SHOULD PUBLISH,,, YOU REALLY SHOULD!!!!

BEING THAT THIS IS A GOTH THREAD, I BELIEVE WE ALL HAVE A LIL GOTH/EMO IN US,,,, I ALSO BELIEVE WE ARE ALL MUTLIFACETED . EMBRACE YOUR INNER GOTH / EMO !!

rockabilly
07-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Thank you Janira :) my inner emo is crying tears of happiness.

TsJANIRA
07-23-2009, 07:17 PM
awwww how adorable//////lol

Alyssa87
07-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Alyssa, I love you too sweety!!!!

MY EYES WATERED WHEN I WAS READING YOUR POEM,, WE HAVE WRITING IN COMMON I HAVE BOOKS FILLED WITH STUFF I HAVE WRITTEN,, I WOULD LOVE TO SHARE , BUT THOSE ARE MY BABIES,,, I AM VERY PROTECTIVE OF THEM..

ALYSSA YOU SHOULD PUBLISH,,, YOU REALLY SHOULD!!!!

BEING THAT THIS IS A GOTH THREAD, I BELIEVE WE ALL HAVE A LIL GOTH/EMO IN US,,,, I ALSO BELIEVE WE ARE ALL MUTLIFACETED . EMBRACE YOUR INNER GOTH / EMO !!

i understand being protective. i am too, but i get the itch to share sometimes.
but not to publish. not in an anthology anyway.
maybe 1 day.

check your pm's.

rockabilly
07-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Goth Beauties

chefmike
07-23-2009, 07:49 PM
And Mike am i supposed to be threatened by you? I dont owe you any explantions about me or my posts , your a Troll now " Did i make myself clear " ?

Do you squat when you pee?

rockabilly
07-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Oh great you again ... Mike give it a rest. And why are you curious about me pissing?

chefmike
07-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Try walking in my shoes , try walking in my shoes
You'll stumble in my footsteps

Try walking in your shoes...stumble in your footsteps?

I don't doubt it, Sally.

But then again I usually wear boots, and I've never worn heels... :lol:

rockabilly
07-23-2009, 08:02 PM
If you must know my prefered footwear are Chuck Taylors and Doc Martens. Do you really like making fun of people that much? I feel sorry for ya Mike.

TsJANIRA
07-23-2009, 08:08 PM
If you must know my prefered footwear are Chuck Taylors and Doc Martens. Do you really like making fun of people that much? I feel sorry for ya Mike.

I love Doc Martens....I used to wear them in school.. I had them in bright Yellow.... And green apple.......(Sighs) the good ol' days....

Alyssa87
07-23-2009, 08:11 PM

I love Doc Martens....I used to wear them in school.. I had them in bright Yellow.... And green apple.......(Sighs) the good ol' days....

gag. i used to rock bright green and yello desiel sneakers -down-.lol

TsJANIRA
07-23-2009, 08:17 PM

gag. i used to rock bright green and yello desiel sneakers -down-.lol

{In my best Rosie Perez voice }

Ay Nena U how we do!!!!!

Alyssa87
07-23-2009, 08:21 PM
rosie is my bitch.

MOOKEY, U LOST THE MONEY? WHAT DO U MEAN U LOST THE MONEY?

rockabilly
07-23-2009, 10:37 PM
I too know what it means to be thirsty.

rockabilly
07-24-2009, 04:49 AM
More ladies

jjhill
07-24-2009, 04:51 AM
We're not Vampires!

rockabilly
07-24-2009, 04:55 AM
:lol: We're Goth! `lol:

gieric
07-24-2009, 09:15 AM

I just want to know why we are linking emos and goths together?

Deimos
07-24-2009, 09:25 AM

Me on goth subculture:

I listen to everything

Ill Bill is sick too. On a different note do you ever listen to Sage Francis?

yeah I like his take on "Fame" called Strange Fame.

Other than that the guy has a lot of solid releases to his name.

Deimos
07-24-2009, 09:26 AM

Blame the webmaster who just assume they are the same and categorize them as such.

SarahG
07-24-2009, 09:29 AM

Blame the webmaster who just assume they are the same and categorize them as such.

Thread starter, not webmaster.

Webmaster would be the HA admin/mod team.

Deimos
07-24-2009, 09:37 AM

Webmaster would be the HA admin/mod team. No your confused.

I meant webmasters... as in the webmasters who run goth/emo sites and label them as such. The thread starter is only influenced by such.

SarahG
07-24-2009, 09:38 AM

Webmaster would be the HA admin/mod team. No your confused.

I meant webmasters... as in the webmasters who run goth/emo sites and label them as such. The thread starter is only influenced by such.

Sorry, I see what you mean now, and I agree with it.

Deimos
07-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Hehe it's all gravy under the boat

chefmike
07-24-2009, 11:01 AM

Because they're both pathetic?

Alyssa87
07-24-2009, 11:38 AM

Because they're both pathetic?

yeah.

<-----http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/30.gif

I'm Cursed, I'm Irish
07-24-2009, 12:34 PM
The poetry is great and very moving. Thank you, Alyssa.

Alyssa87
07-24-2009, 12:38 PM
youre welcome... baby otter ;)

rockabilly
07-24-2009, 12:50 PM
I put goth and emo together since i think goth and emo girls are attractive. I'm not saying the two are the same i just appreciate both.

rockabilly
07-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Unwanted

Unwanted here as i am unwanted in life.
I only wanted friends but i just cause stryfe.
To those i hurt i'm only a fool.
But sometimes people can be so cruel.
I wont make a peep, i wont make sound.
But just like life , nobody wants me around.

chefmike
07-24-2009, 04:08 PM
It's actually getting pretty pathetic. I can't get on any fucking thread without this dude kissing ass! And then when you call him out on his bullshit he wants to act like the victim. Its either one big fucking joke, or one sad sad human being.

:lol: :claps

bte
07-24-2009, 05:24 PM
It's actually getting pretty pathetic. I can't get on any fucking thread without this dude kissing ass! And then when you call him out on his bullshit he wants to act like the victim. Its either one big fucking joke, or one sad sad human being.

:lol: :claps

+1

rockabilly
07-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Pon & Zi

rockabilly
07-24-2009, 07:12 PM
More Gloom , less doom

rockabilly
07-26-2009, 04:02 AM
Pretty

rockabilly
08-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Heartbroken art

LibertyHarkness
08-03-2009, 06:55 PM
How about Guitar Girl :)

I had this taken on Friday 1st August - this is one of the sample pics from a solo set for my website that launches end of the month.

Libby xx

rockabilly
08-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Great pic Libby ;)

underdog6
08-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Could tjis thread get anymore EMO?

SarahG
08-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Could tjis thread get anymore EMO?

You sure you want to dare him to be more emo-ish?

Sounds like a challenge to me!

rockabilly
08-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Oh it can get waaayyy more EMO. :( see my emo-ticon :cry:

SarahG
08-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Yea but your emo-con doesn't cut itself- so it can still get emo'er.

SarahG
08-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Ah ha, I found one:

rockabilly
08-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Your words cut me like a razor ... thank you :(

rockabilly
09-08-2009, 01:24 AM
I'm bringing my goth thread back out of the abysmal darkness and ressurecting it. Add any cute goth or emo girl pics or artwork.

rockabilly
09-08-2009, 01:35 AM
The Crow

rockabilly
09-09-2009, 03:48 AM
:(

speedking59
09-09-2009, 04:02 AM
well, i don't know that it's especially goth. got it from the Wage of Sin site. a no longer active all-female hardcore band

rockabilly
09-09-2009, 04:05 AM
Thank you for contributing speedking.

More Tears ...

rockabilly
09-09-2009, 04:53 AM
:(

rockabilly
09-11-2009, 01:23 AM
This is beautiful.

rockabilly
09-11-2009, 02:50 AM
Goth Angels

gunner55
09-11-2009, 07:00 PM
An original!

rockabilly
09-12-2009, 05:25 AM
:)

speedking59
09-12-2009, 06:50 PM
i think Diamanda Galas transcends categories but some of her pics are severely cool

rockabilly
09-12-2009, 08:43 PM
That's wicked. Thanks speedking59 :)

speedking59
09-12-2009, 11:26 PM
here's another

rockabilly
09-12-2009, 11:58 PM
More Art

rockabilly
10-08-2009, 09:24 PM
" My eyes are sore from all the tears i cried , my happiest moment was the day i died. "

rockabilly
10-12-2009, 01:19 AM
Helena

rockabilly
10-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Is it just me?
Am i really alone?

farang
10-12-2009, 06:36 PM
" My eyes are sore from all the tears i cried , my happiest moment was the day i died. "

That is just sick.

rockabilly
10-12-2009, 07:21 PM
:)

rockabilly
10-12-2009, 08:10 PM
More art

Deimos
08-04-2012, 01:57 AM
i'm busting out the defibulator on this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KquTFWUyboA