PDA

View Full Version : Is it deception?

geddajae
07-12-2009, 01:03 PM
First post here. I've been having some thoughts about something and wouldn't mind the view of others.

I believe we all wear masks and that the real experience begins once it's no longer objective, some come out of the factory absolutely stunning while some come out a little flawed needing a little tweaking before becoming gorgeous.

My question is, do you find plastic surgery deceptive? If you met someone whom you were attracted to and later found out that they had a little work done to themselves, would you feel deceived? What would your initial response be?

Some women wear clothing to make it look like they have more than what they actually have is a little deceptive but still are allowed to do so without heavy critique. But when it comes to cosmetic surgery it becomes a war of morals.

kalina
07-12-2009, 02:47 PM
My question is, do you find plastic surgery deceptive? If you met someone whom you were attracted to and later found out that they had a little work done to themselves, would you feel deceived? What would your initial response be?

It only becomes deceptive when you want to have babies with them :)

SarahG
07-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Some women wear clothing to make it look like they have more than what they actually have is a little deceptive but still are allowed to do so without heavy critique. But when it comes to cosmetic surgery it becomes a war of morals.

It does? :?

phobun
07-12-2009, 03:58 PM
First post here. I've been having some thoughts about something and wouldn't mind the view of others.

I believe we all wear masks and that the real experience begins once it's no longer objective, some come out of the factory absolutely stunning while some come out a little flawed needing a little tweaking before becoming gorgeous.

This is weird. Some people endanger themselves with too many cosmetic procedures, but you seem to have a problem with any.

"...later found out that they had a little work done to themselves, would you feel deceived"? "War of morals"? "Allowed to do so without heavy critique"?

I think you are describing a guy who is ultimately a very thin-skinned and controlling man. And any guy who would feel so cheated is entirely self-focused and denominating the relationship using only her physical assets.

Other people's lives and personal choices are not about you, your superficiality or your morals.

dgs925
07-12-2009, 04:15 PM

This is weird. Some people endanger themselves with too many cosmetic procedures, but you seem to have a problem with any.

"...later found out that they had a little work done to themselves, would you feel deceived"? "War of morals"? "Allowed to do so without heavy critique"?

I think you are describing a guy who is ultimately a very thin-skinned and controlling man. And any guy who would feel so cheated is entirely self-focused and denominating the relationship using only her physical assets.

Other people's lives and personal choices are not about you, your superficiality or your morals.

You should back off phobun, you are being more judgmental than the OP, who was just stating his opinion. Of course everyone is free to do to their own body whatever they please (or they would be in a perfect society). I personally wouldn't date someone who had had plastic surgery and that is my prerogative.

62des
07-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Well it depends if its a one time only thing then who cares but if its more than one surgery then I think there are deeper problems than physical features and wont stay too long. Most women that I seen had plastic surgery looked a lot better before being worked on with very few exceptions. If I was in a serious relationship then I would only accept a boob job or ass implants because some women really are depressed that they didn't blossom more but anything else IMO is just shallow.

phobun
07-12-2009, 04:23 PM

You should back off phobun, you are being more judgmental than the OP, who was just stating his opinion. Of course everyone is free to do to their own body whatever they please (or they would be in a perfect society). I personally wouldn't date someone who had had plastic surgery and that is my prerogative.

It's your prerogative, that's fine. It's another thing to feel cheated just because a date did not wear her personal medical history on a badge when you first met her. If a GG had had an abortion in the past, some men might not feel comfortable seeing her anymore. These sort of revelations involving past indiscretions or other very personal choices are not all that uncommon as a relationship progresses; there are mature ways of handling such information without taking personal affront and feeling "deceived."

SarahG
07-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Well it depends if its a one time only thing then who cares but if its more than one surgery then I think there are deeper problems than physical features and wont stay too long. Most women that I seen had plastic surgery looked a lot better before being worked on with very few exceptions. If I was in a serious relationship then I would only accept a boob job or ass implants because some women really are depressed that they didn't blossom more but anything else IMO is just shallow.

Breast implants have a lifespan of 15-25 years depending on brand, type, etc- so if a girl gets them done at 18, you can bet on her needing multiple surgeries in her life just for her tits.

Just having a long list of surgeries doesn't, in itself, make someone look "over surged" or having deep rooted psychological problems. All depends on circumstance.

SarahG
07-12-2009, 05:13 PM

How would you know unless the girl looks plastic/fake?

62des
07-12-2009, 06:57 PM

Breast implants have a lifespan of 15-25 years depending on brand, type, etc- so if a girl gets them done at 18, you can bet on her needing multiple surgeries in her life just for her tits.

Just having a long list of surgeries doesn't, in itself, make someone look "over surged" or having deep rooted psychological problems. All depends on circumstance.

I understand that part of it also. I know they have to keep getting them redone but multiple surgeries in different areas is a big no no for me that's when it start to get superficial.

indeed
07-12-2009, 07:03 PM
ts's = gay= they are men

we all know that. If we deny it we are decieving ourselves.

trish
07-12-2009, 07:08 PM
I was born ignorant. Was it deceptive of me to go to school and try to learn? I was born naked. Is it deceitful to wear clothes? I was born a woman. Is it immoral to do what I can to have my body conform to my image of myself as a woman? I think the answer is "No" to all these questions.

Is it deceitful for a human being to lead another on and lie about themselves? Yes. Full disclosure before things get out of hand is my motto.

Nowhere
07-12-2009, 07:12 PM

No, I think we do what we can with what we've got. Would you find a woman who EXERCISES 'deceptive' since she doesn't have a metabolism where she can have three pizzas a day and not gain a pound?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

flabbybody
07-12-2009, 07:22 PM
these are just my personal feelings and at the end of the day everyone should be free to do what they want with their bodies without scrutiny from stangers.
BUT...
I think plastic surgery is OK for middle aged people trying to achieve a more youthful appearance and women augmenting thier breast size. The problem is people become obsessed, and a 60 year old can never look 40. (e.g. Joan Rivers)

It's a crisis when people have deep seated self-image problems and use endless surgeries to treat their body dysmorphic disorder. I wish plastic surgeons were more sensitive to these people's needs and steer them into counseling instead of just doing the procedures. But surgeons get paid to surg, so that won't ever happen

giovanni_hotel
07-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Plastic surgery a la The King of Pop = BAD

If someone goes in realizing that plastic surgery isn't some magical formula that will miraculously change who you are fundamentally, I don't have a problem with it.

Most TGs are only attempting to have their outside somewhat match who they are emotionally and psychologically.

giovanni_hotel
07-12-2009, 07:32 PM
ts's = gay= they are men

we all know that. If we deny it we are decieving ourselves.

Anal sex = gay
woman on top = gay
proctological exam = gay
men wearing jewelry = gay
greco roman wrestling = gay
men who shave body hair = gay
male ballet dancers = gay
male nurses = gay
Male hugs = gay

sucka4chix
07-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Of course it's deceptive! Everything women do to get a man is deceptive. And men get deceived on a daily basis. Whether it's the weave or the nails or the green contact lenses. Men are simpletons and we get duped by shiny things when it comes to women! All that glitters...

geddajae
07-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the replies, first let me clarify I have nothing wrong with a person getting cosmetic surgery. I'm just asking how do you feel about it. I noticed a lot of people are going with the perspective of a woman getting cosmetic surgery but I mean guys too, maybe that hook nose needed a little molding.

About the baby comment, that's one thing I consider harshly. I wonder how would that turn out?

daleach
07-12-2009, 08:37 PM
I don't think it is deceptive at all. We all do things to shape the way the world sees us. We shape our bodies and our lives in countless ways to conform with ideals, some do it consciously some unconsciously but, we all do it. From the clothes we buy and cars we drive to where we choose to live and with whom we associate. Working out at the gym and overeating are two way that we alter our bodies as are tattoos and piercings. Our entire lives are contrived by us. The only deception is when we deny that.

geddajae
07-12-2009, 10:50 PM
I don't think it is deceptive at all. We all do things to shape the way the world sees us. We shape our bodies and our lives in countless ways to conform with ideals, some do it consciously some some unconsciously but, we all do it. From the clothes we buy and cars we drive to where we choose to live and with whom we associate. Working out at the gym and overeating are two way that we alter our bodies as are tattoos and piercings. Our entire lives are contrived by us. The only deception is when we deny that. Bravo! Couldn't agree more!

droog
07-13-2009, 12:23 AM
Men are simpletons and we get duped by shiny things when it comes to women!

lol

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-13-2009, 01:09 AM
Personally, I think it's rather shallow IF anyone would judge anybody that had some 'works' done! Enhancements as long as done in moderation is widely acceptable in today's society. Besides, IF you're marrying because you were obsessed by someone's physical features i.e. pouty lips, almond shaped eyes, big breast etc. and hope to pass those along to your off springs then you suddenly found out your mate has had a lot of surgeries..you only got yourself to blame for being shallow and superficial! Wasn't it Hitler that once thought superior and true Aryan race were all blue eyed and blonde??

~Kisses.

HTG

SarahG
07-13-2009, 01:20 AM
Personally, I think it's rather shallow IF anyone would judge anybody that had some 'works' done! Enhancements as long as done in moderation is widely acceptable in today's society. Besides, IF you're marrying because you were obsessed by someone's physical features i.e. pouty lips, almond shaped eyes, big breast etc. and hope to pass those along to your off springs then you suddenly found out your mate has had a lot of surgeries..you only got yourself to blame for being shallow and superficial! Wasn't it Hitler that once thought superior and true Aryan race were all blue eyed and blonde??

~Kisses.

HTG

Yes but hitler believed in body mods as much as he believed in Eugenics.

Hence Dr Vaernet's experiments trying to "cure" homosexuality, Dr Mengele's experiments trying to change peoples eye color, etc.

Scientists had pretty much a blank check to do whatever they wanted to "make" people look ayran... well, they had a blank check to do whatever they wanted period (like Mengele's attempts at making Siamese twins out of identical twins). Only the former cases had a "purpose," afaik there was no agenda at all that would want the production of Siamese twins, that was just sadistic entertainment on Mengele's part.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-13-2009, 01:43 AM
A saaaaad sadist indeed, SarahG! :evil:

~Kisses.

HTG

SarahG
07-13-2009, 01:45 AM
A saaaaad sadist indeed, SarahG! :evil:

~Kisses.

HTG

Even worse, the fucker only worked with kids.

And he never, not once, used anesthetic. They would be awake for the whole thing! :shock:

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-13-2009, 04:34 AM
Ugh! He needs to be castrated by a chainsaw without anesthetics! :twisted:

~Kisses.

HTG