PDA

View Full Version : Definition of masculinity?

macjay18
07-03-2009, 11:57 PM
What do you think defines masculinity? A sociology textbook describes a man as 'the protector, impregnator and provider'. Masculinity can be used to describe the so called 'manliness' (syn of masc.) of a male ie. he was very masculine!
Physcially the male has to exhibit the obvious traits but what other factors do you think influence this term?

The people in my town that i would consider very 'manly' or masculine would be rugged miners or construction workers with weather worn faces, they often wear work clothing (often dont care too much about their appearance) are often the dominant person in the relationship (ie. tea is on the table at 5.30) after they are home from work and these guys are straight as a di and probably openly curse about gays and trannys (but who knows they probably meet guys in public toilets) but these are the men perceived as manly in my town.

What do you think defines masculinity and do you think being a ts admirer or getting topped by a shemale do you think that afects your masculinity?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masculine