PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE, PLEASE , DO NOT FLY ON AIRBUS !

envivision
06-30-2009, 04:38 AM
Another Airbus just crashed moments ago over the Indian Ocean.

Please, don't risk your lives flying these pieces of shit.

Jesus and I love you.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-30-2009, 04:41 AM
link?

JamesHunt
06-30-2009, 04:42 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8125664.stm

Nowhere
06-30-2009, 04:43 AM
I believe the majority of crashes have actually NOT been airbus. Feel free to prove stats, but Boeing may be the king in it, and people don't freak out about it being from one individual company.

SXFX
06-30-2009, 04:45 AM
OK....WTF!

SXFX
06-30-2009, 04:46 AM
OK....WTF!

envivision
06-30-2009, 04:46 AM
I believe the majority of crashes have actually NOT been airbus. Feel free to prove stats, but Boeing may be the king in it, and people don't freak out about it being from one individual company.

Airbus is not 'a' company, it is the manufacturer, which is the scary part.

Boeing had problems in the past, but they fixed it.

Flying Airbus is a death sentence.

BrendaQG
06-30-2009, 04:54 AM

It would not surpise me if Boeing has had more they have been around longer.

Airbus planes, I noticed long ago, seem to have a habit of just flying apart in mid air.

icarus2112
06-30-2009, 04:56 AM
So far Boeing may be the most common name associated with crashes because it has been the biggest and around the longest, but only time will tell if Airbus will catch up, the real telltale sign will be as the airline fleets get older and certain airlines try to eek out every last flight cycle of its aircraft.

Being in Seattle I of course hope the best for Boeing for the local economy, plus there was about 6 years of bringing home a Boeing paycheck, so you can guess where my loyalties lie. I do try to fly Boeing when possible, but its not always the 1st criteria I look for when booking flights.

JamesHunt
06-30-2009, 04:59 AM
I think its all this fly-by-wire shite, where the pilot doesn't have direct control over the ailerons, rudder etc. Give me a choice between a modern airliner and a clapped out Douglas DC-3 with an experienced pilot, I'd choose the latter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_DC-3

praetor
06-30-2009, 05:06 AM
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/06/29/yemen.plane.crash/index.html

envivision
06-30-2009, 05:17 AM
I think its all this fly-by-wire shite, where the pilot doesn't have direct control over the ailerons, rudder etc. Give me a choice between a modern airliner and a clapped out Douglas DC-3 with an experienced pilot, I'd choose the latter

The suits at Airbus determined it is much cheaper to have computers fly the planes then training the pilots.

Money talks, and death walks.

tao1kiku
06-30-2009, 05:22 AM
"this fly-by-wire shite, where the pilot doesn't have direct control over the ailerons, rudder etc"

Just about all military jets and even helicopters are fly by wire. And considering they have ppl shooting at them and doing high G manouvers, they have an outstanding safety record.

AN aircraft like an mechanical vehicle is as safe as the person controlling it and how well it is maintained.

If we pulled forms of transporation from service simply becuase of crashes, there would be no auto industry.

Try looking up those stats - how many ppl are killed on the roads each year? And you're saying airplanes are not safe?

loren
06-30-2009, 05:45 AM
I'm not too big on the idea of flying :smh anyway. If you're in a car crash, you'll usually survive. You may have to be cut out of your car, but you'll usually survive. Whereas most (nearly all) plane crashes are fatal.

alyssats
06-30-2009, 06:26 AM
Most of my pilot friends and lovers told me Airbus is much much safe and better than Boeing

yosi
06-30-2009, 08:17 AM

Jesus and I love you.

statistics show that much more poeple get killed in car accidents than air crashes .

please don't risk your life driving these pieces of shit

and tell Jesus we love him too

praetor
06-30-2009, 08:29 AM

The suits at Airbus determined it is much cheaper to have computers fly the planes then training the pilots.

Money talks, and death walks.

You describe our world.

BLKGSXR
06-30-2009, 08:33 AM
"this fly-by-wire shite, where the pilot doesn't have direct control over the ailerons, rudder etc"

Just about all military jets and even helicopters are fly by wire. And considering they have ppl shooting at them and doing high G manouvers, they have an outstanding safety record.

AN aircraft like an mechanical vehicle is as safe as the person controlling it and how well it is maintained.

If we pulled forms of transporation from service simply becuase of crashes, there would be no auto industry.

Try looking up those stats - how many ppl are killed on the roads each year? And you're saying airplanes are not safe?fly by wire is a car technology taken for precision
Drive by wire been around since mid 90's in few select cars. Where the throttle is controlled by a computer-same concept...

but he main reason the plane went down.... The weather conditions were rough; strong wind and high seas," official Mohammad al-Sumairi told Reuters news agency.

BLKGSXR
06-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Most of my pilot friends and lovers told me Airbus is much much safe and better than BoeingBoeings are amazing my friend works for them-firstly his pay is amazing dude has 3 beemers and a maz....Plus free flying -_-

Caff_Racer
06-30-2009, 08:57 AM
The problem with Airbus is that it's French.

Nooksack
06-30-2009, 01:14 PM
http://www.planecrashinfo.com/cause.htm

That site is missing the last three crashes, but it has some good stats on in and you people should look at that. The three most recent are on the home page, however.

I jump out of planes for a living and I have never had an incident. I am also in the process of getting my pilot's license and never had an incident there. The vast majority of pilots never have any kind of catastrophic incident and the reason that airliners get so much press is because there is usually a sudden potential loss of life involved in every major incident. It just so happens that the Air France aircraft was likely suddenly stressed by an upheaval of unplanned for turbulence which literally broke the plane's back. NO aircraft that size would have likely survived that bar some military aircraft.

You are all delusional if you think that a couple of incidents are the start of a trend. Give me a decade worth of evidence and I might start believing you then. Qantas hasn't had a fatal incident in 58 years (the majority of the 9 they did have a result of WWII more than anything else) and they fly both Boeing and Airbus, so cut the crap and do some fucking research.

BLKGSXR
06-30-2009, 06:32 PM
The problem with Airbus is that it's French. those damned pacifist >_< no wonder they havent fixed it....

Danielle Foxx
06-30-2009, 07:45 PM
I love Jesus too, he's hung. I can't wait for him to get off work at the U-hall place. His nuts always smell like shit after a hard labor day, and his cheesie uncut dick is yummie

rockabilly
06-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Your avatar is making me have impure thoughts Danielle ... Thank you ...again. :o

Gilian
07-01-2009, 02:19 AM
I'm not too big on the idea of flying :smh anyway. If you're in a car crash, you'll usually survive. You may have to be cut out of your car, but you'll usually survive. Whereas most (nearly all) plane crashes are fatal.

This is simply not true, I work in the airline industry , and statistically flying is still the safest mode of transport. Where it is true that a crash on for example water, drastically lowers the survival rate (Hudson accident was 70% luck), research shows that after the 1st impact most of the people are still alive in the aircraf. Most burn to death or die of smoke inhalation in the panic that that insues, others forget how to open their seatbelts cause of shock (since these differ from the ones in their cars e.g.). When you fly , pay attention to the safety demo (video) of the flight attendants, and check/count where the nearest exits are. These simple actions can give you the precious seconds , you will need to survive a crash...

2009AD
07-01-2009, 03:14 AM
Thanks for being a voice of reason Gillian. For those of you afraid to fly consider this, in 2008 37,313 people died in motor vehicle crashes in the U.S. alone.

This is simply not true, I work in the airline industry , and statistically flying is still the safest mode of transport. Where it is true that a crash on for example water, drastically lowers the survival rate (Hudson accident was 70% luck), research shows that after the 1st impact most of the people are still alive in the aircraf. Most burn to death or die of smoke inhalation in the panic that that insues, others forget how to open their seatbelts cause of shock (since these differ from the ones in their cars e.g.). When you fly , pay attention to the safety demo (video) of the flight attendants, and check/count where the nearest exits are. These simple actions can give you the precious seconds , you will need to survive a crash...

JamesHunt
07-01-2009, 05:02 AM
research shows that after the 1st impact most of the people are still alive in the aircraft.

I have to disagree with that. Most people in air crashes, as in high speed car crashes are killed instantly due to massive deceleration, the brain whacks the skull, and organs like the heart are paralyzed by the impact with the rib cage. If you do manage to survive it and not get burnt to death... (you wont know about it as you're probably unconscious), you'll probably end up like this guy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/8090685.stm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.consultwebs.com/legal_glossaries/brain_injury/brain_injury_glossary.html

Acceleration: The sudden movement of the brain inside the skull during an impact which causes the tearing of neurons and connections deep inside the brain.

Acceleration/Deceleration: A closed head injury often sustained in car accidents, where the brain smashes forwards and then backwards, rebounding against the walls of the skull, causing damage to both the frontal lobes and the back of the brain.

JamesHunt
07-01-2009, 05:10 AM

Try looking up those stats - how many ppl are killed on the roads each year? And you're saying airplanes are not safe?

I'm only repeating what an airline pilot told me. Maybe he was talking shite, I'm no expert on the matter.

sucka4chix
07-01-2009, 05:22 AM
Wow. What a bunch of crap!
First off , planes have been fly by wire since forever, but they're backed up by mechanical systems--- they have to be!
Second, more people have been in more than one car crash than people in more than one plane crash... don't be stupid! Statistics can be used to support ANYTHING! You can say air travel is safer because only x amount of people die in plane crashes, but that stat is useless unless you factor in the number of man-hours people spend in a car and a plane. Just about everyone who flies also will be in a car that day. Same cannot be said about drivers being on a plane.
Third, most crashes are not attributable to the manufacturer, but to pilot or carrier error. If you check airline records, you'd be amazed how many times maintenance procedures and directives are not followed, or how many times a carrier does a major alteration and doesn't redo weight and balance calcs or some serious shit like that. When the manufacturer says "you need to fix this", you really should fix it!!!

envivision
07-01-2009, 05:30 AM

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/ksc/lowres/kscn1221l.jpg

Thank Christ there are no french cars running on our highways.

JamesHunt
07-01-2009, 05:40 AM
First off , planes have been fly by wire since forever,

No they haven't.

SarahG
07-01-2009, 05:47 AM

Jesus and I love you.

statistics show that much more poeple get killed in car accidents than air crashes .

Those statistics don't mean anything however.

The problem with comparing plane deaths to car deaths is that the usage is so different.

How many Americans do you think rode in a car of some kind (including trucks, suvs, buses, etc) today?
How many Americans do you think flew on a plane today?

Of course there is going to be fewer plane deaths, that should be obvious.

BLKGSXR
07-01-2009, 05:53 AM

Jesus and I love you.

The problem with comparing plane deaths to car deaths is that the usage is so different.

How many Americans do you think rode in a car of some kind (including trucks, suvs, buses, etc) today?

Of course there is going to be fewer plane deaths, that should be obvious. Lmfao good fucking point...yosi-todays cars are designed to crush on impact. Older cars like chevelles which are rolling tanks if they got hit by lets say a beemer any series...It will be a mere ding. heh heh.

alyssats
07-01-2009, 06:03 AM
sorry double post ...

SarahG
07-01-2009, 06:03 AM

Jesus and I love you.

Of course there is going to be fewer plane deaths, that should be obvious. Lmfao good fucking point...yosi-todays cars are designed to crush on impact. Older cars like chevelles which are rolling tanks if they got hit by lets say a beemer any series...It will be a mere ding. heh heh.

Moral of the story, nothing is a sure thing.

If you wanna stay safe, don't leave your house lmfao.

alyssats
07-01-2009, 06:07 AM

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/ksc/lowres/kscn1221l.jpg

Thank Christ there are no french cars running on our highways.

just curious why with all these hostility and negativity with French? Ive met many French guys so cute, sweet, romantic and lick all over my body :oops:

sucka4chix
07-01-2009, 07:03 AM
First off , planes have been fly by wire since forever,

No they haven't.
First digital AIRLINER fly by wire in the 80s. Military before that. Analog before that!!!

Sulka_bewitched_me
07-01-2009, 07:46 AM
:oops:

techi
07-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Those pictures are from a TV show called "Lost".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kXmSHPjc3M

Gilian
07-01-2009, 10:58 AM
You want to see something disturbing? Check out what someone emailed me. Those poor people. Hope they're in a better place now. OUR PRAYERS FOR THE PASSENGERS OF AF-447. MAY THEY REST IN PEACE IN THE KINGDOM OF OUR LORD.

Feel so sad for all the passengers including the extraordinary photographer, who kept his cool even in his last moments of life and took this photo. Hats off to him!!!

The world saw the disappearance of an A330 Air Frane during a trans Atlantic flight between Rio to Paris .
Two shots taken inside the plane before it crashed. Unbelievable! Photos taken inside the aircraft.....

The two photos attached were apparently taken by one of the passengers before the aircraft crashed. The photos were retrieved from the camera's memory stick. You will never get to see photos like this. In the first photo, there is a gaping hole in the fuselage through which you can see the tailplane and vertical fin of the aircraft. In the second photo, one of the passengers is being sucked out of the gaping hole.

These photos were found in a digital Casio Z750, amidst the remains. Although the camera was destroyed, the Memory Stick was recovered. Investigating the serial number of the camera, the owner was identified as Paulo G. Muller, an actor of a theatre for children known in the outskirts of Porto Alegre . It can be imagined that he was standing during the turbulence, he managed to take these photos, just seconds after the tail loss the aircraft plunged. The structural stress probably ripped the engines away, diminishing the falling speed, protecting the electronic equipment but not unfortunately the victims. Paulo Muller leaves behind two daughters, Bruna and Beatriz

Dumbass....if you had seen "Lost" u can even spot on of the actresses of the Show on the aircraft, the pics are a total fake :lol:

2009AD
07-01-2009, 11:30 AM
The two photos attached were apparently taken by one of the passengers before the aircraft crashed. The photos were retrieved from the camera's memory stick. You will never get to see photos like this. In the first photo, there is a gaping hole in the fuselage through which you can see the tailplane and vertical fin of the aircraft. In the second photo, one of the passengers is being sucked out of the gaping hole.

These photos were found in a digital Casio Z750, amidst the remains. Although the camera was destroyed, the Memory Stick was recovered. Investigating the serial number of the camera, the owner was identified as Paulo G. Muller, an actor of a theatre for children known in the outskirts of Porto Alegre . It can be imagined that he was standing during the turbulence, he managed to take these photos, just seconds after the tail loss the aircraft plunged. The structural stress probably ripped the engines away, diminishing the falling speed, protecting the electronic equipment but not unfortunately the victims. Paulo Muller leaves behind two daughters, Bruna and Beatriz

Let's see, I'm on an airplane, thousands of feet in the air. The plane is falling apart, there is massive turbulance, passengers are screaming, the oxygen masks have come out, oh this is a good time for me to grab my Casio Z750, stand up, and take a photo of my fellows passengers, you know, gotta have a Kodak moment.

God are you stupid. If such photos existed, you can bet the authorities would not release them out of respect for the deceased and their families. And if said photos were leaked out, I guarantee you, the media would have, at least, reported their existence. Finally, if these had been real, you think it would be appropriate for you to post them? Cut the bullshit about praying for the victims. If you really cared about them you would never think of posting pics of a tragedy like this. Emails from friends are not news reports.

Hey look, the FBI captured Bat Boy. it's true cause I posted it on HA and I've got the pic to prove it. :roll:

http://seekersofthebat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/batboyfbi.jpg