PDA

View Full Version : small town... or big city?

droog
06-20-2009, 01:46 AM
today i was deep in the country and drove through a small town where the houses were like a mile apart and there were trees and farmland everywhere. i stopped at the local gas station/general store and the few people who were there were really friendly and just started chatting me up. after i left, the sun was setting on the land and everything just looked really peaceful. there wasn't a car in sight and the only sounds in the air were that of the birds.

then i got back to the city... traffic, road work, car horns honking, smoke billowing out of trucks and into my window. i stopped at best buy to pick up a gift for a friend's birthday. i go to the checkout line, and heard people complaining because they had to wait in line, and one old guy was giving the cashier a hard time because she didn't know what the price was for what he wanted to buy. he was literally yelling at her. it was like two different worlds.

so... if you had to choose, would you rather live in the country, or the city?

FootFetishGuy
06-20-2009, 01:49 AM
I prefer a smaller town, just outside a big city. You'd have big city living with a small town peace. :)

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-20-2009, 01:52 AM
Big City for me. I lived with my ex bf in MN out in the country and I've gotten nose bleeds and sinus allergies (I am not kidding). :evil:

Besides, I'd be bored living in a small town for lack of things to do or places to go/see. And I've always been a big city type of gal. The smog, traffic, road work, car horns honking, smoke billowing out of trucks, garbage truck loud noises are small price to pay to be near everything. ;)

I may not live long, but who wants to be 70-80 years old and incontinent or living handicapped/non ambulatory with a colostomy bag or g-tube feeding? Not me! Thank you. lol

~Kisses.

HTG

Deimos
06-20-2009, 03:05 AM
I'm a sub-urban mother fucker hahaha. I live near Tampa in Florida, so the city is never far from me. But I like a less condensed and laid back atmosphere. There is just less confusion than big city in the sub-urbs. Only thing lacking is the scenery. It really blows unless your out at the beach. In which case it's rather stellar.

Quiet Reflections
06-20-2009, 06:35 PM
small town for me. i need lots of land

jaycanuck
06-20-2009, 06:44 PM
I grew up in a small town....but right now at this point in my life I need to be in a city. I've thought about moving back to a small town later in life.

MacShreach
06-20-2009, 07:53 PM
I do live in the country, but I need a good fix of city on a regular basis. I could never live in the 'burbs or a small town; BTDT, it doesn't work for me-- none of the advantages of either country or city, and most of the disadvantages. IMHO.

Jim Brown
10-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Small towns suck... they have no trannies. If you are a certified tranny chaser like i am, ( i have the credentials to prove it) you'll stay away from small towns. Man come on whats life without trannies. I wouldn't want my life if trannies haven't been existing.

95racer
10-15-2009, 02:51 AM
Rural farm land area for me. We have 60 acres for hunting and love going there. If two cars go by in one day that's alot. At night it's so quiet you can hear the flys fucking.

Willie Escalade
10-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Gotta stay in the city. I remember going to Charleston, SC and being bored out of my mind...and that place isn't THAT small. I honestly couldn't wait to get back to LA.

Intrepid
10-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Suburbs guy here. Great place to kick back. When I want excitment I just hop in the car and drive into the city.

eclipsemint
10-15-2009, 12:49 PM
I grew up in a small city of pop. 30,000 and moved to the big smoke when I was 20.

Hate it. Traffic. Smog. Takes so long to get anywhere. Violence. Crime.

I would love to move to back to the country, but I need to be in the city for my job. Living out in the burbs though, where its not too bad.

peggygee
10-15-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm a city kitty.

I've lived in the country before, and I much prefer the hustle-bustle,
culture, diversity of people and foods, museums, theatres, to the lack
therof in the suburbs.

http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/lens2024889_1253473213Green_Acres_Theme_Song_Lyric s.JPG