PDA

View Full Version : I Want to confess right now...I DO NOT support Gay Marriage

ARMANIXXX
06-19-2009, 09:11 AM
On Nov.,

I did NOT vote in favor of Gay Marriage.

I wasn't a supporter then, I wasn't a supporter before that, I'm not a supporter now........

Come tomorrow, or next month, or next year, I still will not be a supporter and I will vote the same, GOD BLESS CALIFORNIA, DAMIT.

Quiet Reflections
06-19-2009, 09:23 AM
why?

Mugai_hentaisha
06-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Personally I don't care how you voted, that is between you, your creator, and the voting machine, but since you fired without thinking

the right to choose a mate is and always will be one of those inalienable rights, no one learns about anymore

Who a person marries as long as they are a consenting adult should be no business of anyone but the people involved namely the adults and the state that they reside in.

Having the Federal Government involved in an issue they have no business deciding on is going down the fraking wrong path. be warned!

Do I support Gay marriage? Who knows it hasn't come up for vote yet in WV

BLKGSXR
06-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Personally I don't care how you voted, that is between you, your creator, and the voting machine, but since you fired without thinking

the right to choose a mate is and always will be one of those inalienable rights, no one learns about anymore

Who a person marries as long as they are a consenting adult should be no business of anyone but the people involved namely the adults and the state that they reside in.

Having the Federal Government involved in an issue they have no business deciding on is going down the fraking wrong path. be warned!

:claps
IMO-let ppl live their lives...

hotvegasguy26
06-19-2009, 09:51 AM

really? damn make up your mind kid ... you were just tryin to call me gay two minutes ago on the Britney Boykins post and went on for hours about it.... you're a confused motherfucker

BLKGSXR
06-19-2009, 09:53 AM

really? damn make up your mind kid ... you were just tryin to call me gay two minutes ago on the Britney Boykins post and went on for hours about it.... you're a confused motherfuckersupporting gay marriage makes someone gay? what a fucking TROLL SHIT.

hotvegasguy26
06-19-2009, 09:58 AM
thats not what i was saying fuckhead.... you were just tryin to bag on me tryin to call me gay using it in a derogatory way now youre in here saying let people just live their lives... confused little bitch arent ya

hotvegasguy26
06-19-2009, 10:00 AM
so to answer your question no supporting gay marriage doesn't make you gay.... but hating gay people and supporting gay marriage is FUCKING RETARDED

BLKGSXR
06-19-2009, 10:00 AM
thats not what i was saying fuckhead.... you were just tryin to bag on me tryin to call me gay using it in a derogatory way now youre in here saying let people just live their lives... confused little bitch arent yaFirstly Armani sorry for this thread jack...Vegas-I only called you that because you act like your the shit no one likes that-nothing is wrong with gays...Personally when they front like you do,act like they arent thats when they get annoying o wait the closet gay vegas that douchebag yeh he doesnt deserve the right of free speech or representation.
Now your fucking with my video game so fuck off.

droog
06-19-2009, 10:03 AM
On Nov.,

I wasn't a supporter then, I wasn't a supporter before that, I'm not a supporter now........

Come tomorrow, or next month, or next year, I still will not be a supporter and I will vote the same, GOD BLESS CALIFORNIA, DAMIT.

imo, it's okay to be against something if you have a good reason- that's your right. but here, you haven't stated any reason for being against gay marraige. so if all two men or two women are trying to do is get married so they can be happy and raise a family, why would you be against that? just because someone is gay doesn't mean they don't deserve the exact same rights as someone who is straight.

for someone who likes ts, one would think you would be more open-minded on this issue.

hotvegasguy26
06-19-2009, 10:10 AM
thats not what i was saying fuckhead.... you were just tryin to bag on me tryin to call me gay using it in a derogatory way now youre in here saying let people just live their lives... confused little bitch arent yaFirstly Armani sorry for this thread jack...Vegas-I only called you that because you act like your the shit no one likes that-nothing is wrong with gays...Personally when they front like you do,act like they arent thats when they get annoying o wait the closet gay vegas that douchebag yeh he doesnt deserve the right of free speech or representation.
Now your fucking with my video game so fuck off.

kid shit... if you're gonna argue with me talk like a man not a kid...unless you are one.... you keep makin gay cracks that shits elementary ...i wouldnt be surprised if you start on the momma jokes here soon.... anyway the point is dont go around using gay as a derogatory term then act like you support the shit.... be a man and stick to what you say...dont post shit just to try to make yourself look like someone you're not....either you're a fag hater (which you just placed multiple posts showing everyone that you are) or you're not ...pick one

2009AD
06-19-2009, 10:16 AM
GOD BLESS CALIFORNIA, DAMIT.

Do you think God approves of you stroking your schlong while looking at pics of naked transgendered people getting fucked up their assholes?

Quiet Reflections
06-19-2009, 10:17 AM

Do you think God approves of you stroking your schlong while looking at pics of naked transgendered people getting fucked up their assholes?
Funniest post ever!

hotvegasguy26
06-19-2009, 10:18 AM

let's all hope HE (god) does

ARMANIXXX
06-19-2009, 10:29 AM

Ooooh,

I've done waaaayyy worse than that

lol

MacShreach
06-19-2009, 10:34 AM
why?

Because he's a gay man who suffers from deep self-loathing, that's why, the poor confused thing. It won't end well.

JackLovesTSs
06-19-2009, 10:52 AM

Well, you spelled "Damit" wrong. That's the first clue to your level of intelligence.

But then "GOD". LMAO. Yes, ohhhhh invisible grey brearded guy sitting on the invisible throne. Save California!!!!!! Mighty Thor commands you!!!!! LOL. Oh wait, Thor was the son of God. God was Odin. Or was it Zues, or Jupitor? So many gods, so little brains. Religious people stopped developing mentally at about 5 years old. Proof of that is the "Creationism Museam" in Tennessee where they depict Cavemen riding on the backs of dinosaurs. lol. The only people that believe the Flintstones are a documentary!!!!

And these people can vote, and pass laws. It's scary. Some day these twits will figure out that marriage has absolutely NOTHING to do with religion. Actually, they'll probably never figure that out.

SarahG
06-19-2009, 07:43 PM

Well, you spelled "Damit" wrong. That's the first clue to your level of intelligence.

But then "GOD". LMAO. Yes, ohhhhh invisible grey brearded guy sitting on the invisible throne. Save California!!!!!! Mighty Thor commands you!!!!! LOL. Oh wait, Thor was the son of God. God was Odin. Or was it Zues, or Jupitor? So many gods, so little brains. Religious people stopped developing mentally at about 5 years old. Proof of that is the "Creationism Museam" in Tennessee where they depict Cavemen riding on the backs of dinosaurs. lol. The only people that believe the Flintstones are a documentary!!!!

And these people can vote, and pass laws. It's scary. Some day these twits will figure out that marriage has absolutely NOTHING to do with religion. Actually, they'll probably never figure that out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbGVIdA3dx0

JackLovesTSs
06-19-2009, 07:50 PM

Thanks SarahG, that explains everything. All Hail ZARDOZ!!!!! Got to have that movie in the library.

SarahG
06-19-2009, 07:54 PM

Thanks SarahG, that explains everything. All Hail ZARDOZ!!!!! Got to have that movie in the library.

Best line of the movie:

"I have seen the future and it doesn't work"

Oh, and in case its not totally obvious- title comes from the wiZARD of OZ

Solitary Brother
06-19-2009, 07:59 PM
On Nov.,

Thank you for validating ALL my arguments regarding this issue!

tsntx
06-19-2009, 08:05 PM
i think its disgusting a black man *or any other minority* would be against basic CIVIL rights

how quickly some of u forget i suppose

Solitary Brother
06-19-2009, 08:09 PM
i think its disgusting a black man *or any other minority* would be against basic CIVIL rights

Thats what Im talking about.
Especially a black guy who likes to TAAAAAAKKKKKE dick!
Your a fucking embarassment to the fifth power.
This is why I get angry and write the stuff that I do because I cant stand weak people......very weak minded.

veriTaS
06-19-2009, 08:50 PM
I don't see anything wrong with allowing two people who love each other to get married...it's not gonna be an issue here in Texas for quite a while though.

Though I will say that I'm very fiscally conservative, and alot more liberal when it comes to social issues. I guess you could associate me as a libertarian. I usually vote Right. I did vote for McCain, pretty much because of my economic policy beliefs. And for those of you who voted left because of this issue, neither party would of made any ground either way as it relates to gay marraige. It's similar to abortion (which I'm completely against btw), in that if you leave it alone you won't piss anyone off. Way too many fence-sitters are against gay marraige....that's politics though.

Just my 2 cents

SarahG
06-19-2009, 08:53 PM
I don't see anything wrong with allowing two people who love each other to get married...it's not gonna be an issue here in Texas for quite a while though.

Though I will say that I'm very fiscally conservative, and alot more liberal when it comes to social issues. I guess you could associate me as a libertarian. I usually vote Right. I did vote for McCain, pretty much because of my economic policy beliefs. And for those of you who voted left because of this issue, neither party would of made any ground either way as it relates to gay marraige. It's similar to abortion (which I'm completely against btw), in that if you leave it alone you won't piss anyone off. Way too many fence-sitters are against gay marraige....that's politics though.

Just my 2 cents

Considering that Obama has since taken bush's stance on the defense of marriage act, on the gay rights issue mccain would have doubtfully been any worse...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXWlVYKTvNk

Still waiting for that change. Don't see it yet.

Danielle Foxx
06-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Because Armanixxx is a self hating troll, so in his faggoty insignificant existence he feels the need to create drama so to get attention because he cannot get it any other way - so having people hate him/her/it/shim/shit is just another way of getting attention.

Not the best choice however coming from a person of hate it is expected.

As for the reason why he/she/shim/shit/it isn't for gay rights...? There probably isn't one...

bte
06-19-2009, 09:12 PM

You bring up a good point Jen. I'm black and I have always been in favor for gay rights and marriage. I don't understand how some black people or other oppressed racial/ethnic groups be against gay marriage.

Danielle Foxx
06-19-2009, 09:15 PM

Here...let me remind them...

Danielle Foxx
06-19-2009, 09:18 PM
double post

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-19-2009, 09:30 PM
so if I married Danielle you're saying you wouldn't support it?!?

ARMANIXXX
06-19-2009, 09:34 PM
so if I married Danielle you're saying you wouldn't support it?!?

Cool.....let's talk now.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel,

I think you should be able to marry any TS woman in the state of California.

freedom4all
06-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Everyone should have an opportunity to experience the joys and misery of marriage. It should be an exclusive to heterosexual couples. I am ashamed that the right wing evangelicals have high jacked the Republican Party and turned it into the American Taliban party.

No ones morality should be imposed on another. Marriage should be between to consenting adult who love each other. Your morality and God have nothing to do with it.

freedom4all
06-19-2009, 09:35 PM
OMG my Avatar is huge. Sorry :(

Legend
06-19-2009, 09:35 PM
On Nov.,

Ridiculous, you do know if you fall in love with a pre op transsexual and you want to marry her you probably can't, i could be wrong but i think she has to have srs before you can legally marry her, so basicially by voting against gay marriage your saying they is no way in hell that you would fall in love with a pre op transgender woman and want to marriage her.Typical attitude of a person who only sees transgender women as objects, you can get off on her but can't marriage her.

jjhill
06-19-2009, 09:37 PM

Not all black men are against gay marriage, but making a post like this would piss any black person off. Gay marriage supporter or not

jjhill
06-19-2009, 09:42 PM
As I previously stated some kind of way these threads always get turned into a racial thing, where blacks are always at the focal point

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-19-2009, 09:48 PM
As I previously stated some kind of way these threads always get turned into a racial thing, where blacks are always at the focal point

I'm in total agreement

how about we put an end to that bullshit right here and now

Armani wrote this

On Nov.,

regardless of his race, religious belief, etc. he CHOSE to make that statement as an individual not as a member of any of the above

trish
06-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Personally, I think God already defiled the sanctity of marriage when He got Marry pregnant. Talk about trash! With that act He gave up any moral high ground that He might've had in the debate on family values and the who or who shouldn't be allowed to marry. From that time on, the only valid reasons that can be given for moral injunctions are secular ones. "God wants it this way" just doesn't cut it. :)

gimmeurblood
06-19-2009, 09:49 PM

hey y'all. black guy here

Im quoting you because this was a major issue in black churches in DC. now idont go to church and generally hate god and religion but it makes no sense for the black community to exculde marriage rights to gays because of their stupid religious beliefs. hey 50 years ago in the south the kkk justified hanging and lynching blacks because god wants usto live seperatly. hell i dont even like marriage. but who would you deny that right to anyone else who chooses to live a happy life with someone they love. i would rather see a billion fags get married, than to have one more immigrant marry for a green card. infact i thinkits stupid that the whole gay marriage thing is even being contested in a court or decided by lawmakers, who dont believe what i do like personally i thinkfat people should have to pay for an extra seat onthe metro if theycant fitinto the one, but im not out bringing that to a vote or activly trying to establish that law. hey being a fatass is their life choice and obviously pizza and burritos make them happy. sorry boutthe misspellings ya'll but thats from the soul

Danielle Foxx
06-19-2009, 09:52 PM

Not all black men are against gay marriage, but making a post like this would piss any black person off. Gay marriage supporter or not

Ammmmmm why does it piss you off? Because it reminds you of your past? Babe... your past is long gone, with a few minor altercations, minor compared to what went on prior to the civil war. We trans and Gays are living it right now. Does the case of the teenage TS Gwen remind you of what used to happen to people of darker skin heritage?

She was brutally beaten by 3 guys and buried in a shallow grave.

How about Mathew Sheppard? He was beaten and left to die tied to a fence in the desert.

Stuff like this happens to us on a regular basis - just for being born different.

Prop 8 is an extension of that hate!

ARMANIXXX
06-19-2009, 09:54 PM
I suspect I have quite a few that have been waiting for me to answer for my "transgressions" here.

First, let me quantify, I am talking about the state of CALIFORNIA only. I can't speak for any other states, rather, I don't want to.

If my memory serves, California, voted in favor of Proposition 22 in 2000. Back then I was actually surprised that California would do that, considering California is looked upon as the most liberal state in the country.

But low and behold, another ballot initiative turned up in Nov. 2008. I honestly felt the will of the people was not being held nor respected. And this time, the whole ballot proposal was in reverse, where basically, No meant yes, and yes meant no. I do feel it was purposely written that way in order to get in there in the first place, and also to confuse the voters.

I have to go, but I'll be back, but in a nutshell, this is my first reason as to why I did not support gay marriage in Nov 2008.

I'll hit back on the other(s)

gimmeurblood
06-19-2009, 09:56 PM
P.S. Danielle i love your avatar

tsmandy
06-19-2009, 10:00 PM
You like to upset people. I think marriage is bullshit, but I still think I should have the right to marry my girlfriend should I change my mind.

trish
06-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Gee life is complicated isn't it. Sometimes you have read and understand a ballot. But regardless of those complexities, basic human rights should not be up to the majority. Nevertheless, sometimes they are and when that happens I would recommend casting your vote for the right, not against it.

Legend
06-19-2009, 10:05 PM
I suspect I have quite a few that have been waiting for me to answer for my "transgressions" here.

First, let me quantify, I am talking about the state of CALIFORNIA only. I can't speak for any other states, rather, I don't want to.

If my memory serves, California, voted in favor of Proposition 22 in 2000. Back then I was actually surprised that California would do that, considering California is looked upon as the most liberal state in the country.

But low and behold, another ballot initiative turned up in Nov. 2008. I honestly felt the will of the people was not being held nor respected. And this time, the whole ballot proposal was in reverse, where basically, No meant yes, and yes meant no. I do feel it was purposely written that way in order to get in there in the first place, and also to confuse the voters.

I have to go, but I'll be back, but in a nutshell, this is my first reason as to why I did not support gay marriage in Nov 2008.

I'll hit back on the other(s)

I think you posted this thread for attention,you attention whores are pathetic.

hotvegasguy26
06-19-2009, 10:06 PM
i understand the whole equal rights for gays movement thingy... but if u really wanna get married that bad... buy a big ass cake....have some friends and family come through with some liquor and food....slap a ring on each other's finger.... create your own marriage license in ms publisher or adobe indesign.... sign that shit, hang it up on the wall, and call it a day

jjhill
06-19-2009, 10:09 PM
i understand the whole equal rights for gays movement thingy... but if u really wanna get married that bad... buy a big ass cake....have some friends and family come through with some liquor and food....slap a ring on each other's finger.... create your own marriage license in ms publisher or adobe indesign.... sign that shit, hang it up on the wall, and call it a day

Cuz they'll lose out on other privileges that comes with being married. Like hospital visits and all that good stuff.

rameses2
06-19-2009, 10:10 PM

Ammmmmm why does it piss you off? Because it reminds you of your past? Babe... your past is long gone, with a few minor altercations, minor compared to what went on prior to the civil war. We trans and Gays are living it right now. Does the case of the teenage TS Gwen remind you of what used to happen to people of darker skin heritage?

How about Mathew Sheppard? He was beaten and left to die tied to a fence in the desert.

Stuff like this happens to us on a regular basis - just for being born different.

Prop 8 is an extension of that hate!While I agree with the point made by Ms. Foxx I, a black man, who supports Gay and "Opposite" marriage cannot concede that the oppression of Black people is in the"past". If you are gay, bi, trans or lesbian you can hide your true self from a world that may not accept you. If you're black and you walk into the wrong neighborhood you, at the very least, may be made to feel like you are despoiling the comity of the community. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Legend
06-19-2009, 10:12 PM

Prop 8 is an extension of that hate!While I agree with the point made by Ms. Foxx I, a black man, who supports Gay and "Opposite" marriage cannot concede that the oppression of Black people is in the"past". If you are gay, bi, trans or lesbian you can hide your true self from a world that may not accept you. If you're black and you walk into the wrong neighborhood you, at the very least, may be made to feel like you are despoiling the comity of the community. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Why would they want to hide, if you can't be yourself whats the point?

hotvegasguy26
06-19-2009, 10:23 PM

Cuz they'll lose out on other privileges that comes with being married. Like hospital visits and all that good stuff.

i understand....but last time i checked gay people still qualified for health insurance

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Because Armanixxx is a self hating troll, so in his faggoty insignificant existence he feels the need to create drama so to get attention because he cannot get it any other way - so having people hate him/her/it/shim/shit is just another way of getting attention.

Not the best choice however coming from a person of hate it is expected.

As for the reason why he/she/shim/shit/it isn't for gay rights...? There probably isn't one...

lol

~Kisses.

HTG

rameses2
06-19-2009, 10:32 PM
When I walk down the street, women look at me and clutch their bags and purses. Now I know I'm nothing to look at and it might just be coincidence but after 25 years you gotta think it might not be MY problem. When I think that it would be easier if I didn't look the way I do. I can empathize with those who feel like they aren't the way they should be. It might be easier to hide the fact that you are LGBT than black and it may make your life easier to get through. I'm not saying that's how it should be, but I feel that that's how it, sometimes, is.

hotvegasguy26
06-19-2009, 10:40 PM

i mean i personally am not against gay marriage but basically what you're saying is they're lookin for free shit... if it bothers them that bad they can always move to Iran http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Iran

fred41
06-19-2009, 10:56 PM
it's not free shit...it's the right to visit the person you love more than anything in the whole world in a hospital and not be told.."sorry, immediate family only."
...stuff like that.

hotvegasguy26
06-19-2009, 10:59 PM
it's not free shit...it's the right to visit the person you love more than anything in the whole world in a hospital and not be told.."sorry, immediate family only."
...stuff like that.
oh...well i wasnt aware of all that, i get what you mean now... yeah that part would suck

i thought he was talking about like health insurance related shit.... like when your insurance covers your spouse and what not....gotcha

SarahG
06-19-2009, 11:11 PM
...stuff like that.

Here's another example:

Gay couple has their own family, complete with kids. For all practical, but no legal purposes they are married- and the head of household dies.

State comes in, says "sorry but we don't recognize same sex marriages so you have no claims to guardianship of the kids- since they're not biologically yours", takes the kids forcefully, and throws them in foster care.

Unless the last living parent is rich, odds are she won't be able to adopt them back out of foster care as a single medium or low income lesbian... those kids are staying in the system until they turn 18 whether they want to be there or not.

Silcc69
06-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Well I don't think this should be compared to what black went through at all. We forced to come over here, force to work for free, force to fight in wars and such. And i've never heard of the tern DWG or DWL.

With that being said while we are talking about gay marriage what about the adoption issue which is slightly easier than marriage but issues permit. My thing is why don't gay's become more active in pro life issues. I've always wondered if a super religious person was given the choice of abortion or adoption by a gay couple what would they take.

Deimos
06-19-2009, 11:14 PM
look if a guy wanted to marry another guy (or lesbians etc) i think they should be able to with out fuss. but you have to take in consideration that a good portion of american are closet bi or closet gays that pretend to be homophobes to fit in.

Legend
06-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Well I don't think this should be compared to what black went through at all. We forced to come over here, force to work for free, force to fight in wars and such. And i've never heard of the tern DWG or DWL.

Well people not being able to marry because of they're skin color and people not being able to marry because of their sexual orientation is a valid comparison.

JeniferTS
06-19-2009, 11:24 PM
sadddd....sad sad sad

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-19-2009, 11:25 PM
...stuff like that.

Some people are just clueless as a blind bat I guess! lol ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

SarahG
06-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Well I don't think this should be compared to what black went through at all.

The marriage debate was originally a debate over race & ethnicity instead of orientation.

Interracial relationships used to be criminal, and if the girl was white a federal felony under the Mann Act.

We forced to come over here, force to work for free, force to fight in wars and such. And i've never heard of the tern DWG or DWL.

I agree, except for the combat reference. All kinds of men have been forced into combat against their will throughout history.

My thing is why don't gay's become more active in pro life issues.

Hmmm, well its pretty stereotypical for dykes to be militantly pro-choice (wasn't there a married with children episode about that?). Of course, stereotypes aren't known for accuracy.

I've always wondered if a super religious person was given the choice of abortion or adoption by a gay couple what would they take.

Now imagine if they discover a "gay gene," would a super religious person abort a fetus that was proven to have a gene that would "make them gay"?

Silcc69
06-20-2009, 12:07 AM
I missMarried with Children.

SarahG
06-20-2009, 12:13 AM

As do I, it would be the only thing Fox could have that would makeup for FauxNews.

Danielle Foxx
06-20-2009, 01:06 AM
...stuff like that.
oh...well i wasnt aware of all that, i get what you mean now... yeah that part would suck

i thought he was talking about like health insurance related shit.... like when your insurance covers your spouse and what not....gotcha

Yeah like fucking Shaniqua with her 20 kids who did not wear a condom taking my tax money? Is that what you are talking about?

I don't think gay/trans people are really seeking monetary assistance. We just want basic rights that str8 couples have.

I could care less about having a church wedding - this union is useless to me.

But most of all I think we seek the same rights everyone has.

Nowhere
06-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Look, the people against gay marriage don't do it for the reasons they say (sanctity of marriage, affect on children, the bible, whatever). They do it because they like forcing their will on others. They get a kick out of making their world view imposed on others. They LIKE taking rights away from others. People really don't realize this when you get groups en masse doing everything in their power (... cough, cough..mormons in Cali) to go against it.

As for anyone in this forum against it, you're a serious closet case, 1000%.

Personally, I am against ANY marriage in the govt. The reason it can never be resolved is because it's a religious institution and everyone's got their own beliefs on it. Do it the dutch way, where the government has civil unions for any consenting (unrelated) adults, and leave the marriage for the church. It's the only way it'll ever work out.

Deimos
06-20-2009, 01:19 AM
Look, the people against gay marriage don't do it for the reasons they say (sanctity of marriage, affect on children, the bible, whatever). They do it because they like forcing their will on others. They get a kick out of making their world view imposed on others. They LIKE taking rights away from others. People really don't realize this when you get groups en masse doing everything in their power (... cough, cough..mormons in Cali) to go against it.

As for anyone in this forum against it, you're a serious closet case, 1000%.

Personally, I am against ANY marriage in the govt. The reason it can never be resolved is because it's a religious institution and everyone's got their own beliefs on it. Do it the dutch way, where the government has civil unions for any consenting (unrelated) adults, and leave the marriage for the church. It's the only way it'll ever work out.

That post just made me think of this..

We have no rights. We have a temporary bill of privileges that can be taken aways at any time. - George Carlin

BLKGSXR
06-20-2009, 03:47 AM
so if I married Danielle you're saying you wouldn't support it?!?But your black...Danielle's FUCKING HATES BLACK men thread-Heh....Ok too much....

SweedFish21
06-20-2009, 03:54 AM
Not really sure why people get so mad over the ban of gay marriage. If it's a known fact,popular belief,tradition,etc that the institute of marriage was created for a man and a women why should we all of the sudden change it? I just think that if no physical,mental,financial harm is done to a group of people than there is no need for such a cultural change.

Legend
06-20-2009, 04:01 AM
Not really sure why people get so mad over the ban of gay marriage. If it's a known fact,popular belief,tradition,etc that the institute of marriage was created for a man and a women why should we all of the sudden change it? I just think that if no physical,mental,financial harm is done to a group of people than there is no need for such a cultural change.

If people still thought like that interracial marriages would still be illegal.

SarahG
06-20-2009, 04:21 AM

Agreed.

And in this case, it is extremely easy to show that harm IS being done.

Couples who cannot marry run into problems when it comes to stuff like visiting the other when one is hospitalized.

If a gay couple gets into a bad car accident, and one is fatally injured and laying on their death bed in a hospital, they cannot say goodbye to each other because they cannot be legally married.

That's blatantly harmful, unnecessary, and purposeless.

rockabilly
06-20-2009, 04:25 AM
And it's just sad and wrong. Would it really de-value marriage if gay people could legally wed?

SarahG
06-20-2009, 04:34 AM
And it's just sad and wrong. Would it really de-value marriage if gay people could legally wed?

Even if it did, it wouldn't matter.

What matters is people are being needlessly harmed, and we have the means to rectify that problem. So doing so is a no-brainer.

Things change, that's what progress and history are all about- its natural, its normal, and its not always a bad thing.

Needlessly making people suffer on the other hand, is benefit less, and contemptible. There are no redeeming qualities in preventing nonbelievers from marrying the same sex in the name of religious norms.

dave252
06-20-2009, 04:37 AM
there is a simple solution to this nightmare, the gov doesnt recognize any marriage, only civil unions, same benefits same rights. end of argument

rockabilly
06-20-2009, 04:38 AM
I agree completely Sarah.

Nowhere
06-20-2009, 04:41 AM

Yes, it was originally made between a man and a woman. It was originally a form of PROPERTY OWNERSHIP where a man essentially bought his wife as property from her father (or in some other civilizations, the father sold his daughter to a man who could support her - this is where a 'dowry' comes from). That's why a contract had to be made over it, get it?

Now, we wouldn't want to change that now, now would we? :wink:

Silcc69
06-20-2009, 05:08 AM
What other countries allow gay marriage?

2009AD
06-20-2009, 06:01 AM

http://www.hotmobile.org/2008/uploads/images/google_logo.jpg

Solitary Brother
06-20-2009, 06:34 AM
This thread proves Im correct in most of what I write.
Im trying to be nicer to people but its so fucking hard when you have fuckery going on like in this thread.
When prop 8 passed(I voted NO!) I said the reason why it passed was because of prejudice ass black people....and I was 100 percent right.
The first person objecting was my Bay Area brother Armanix or whatever his name is.
I SAID.....Why are black people voting to deny people the right to vote when 70% of them have children out of wedlock(that number HAS to be low).
I SAID it was IRONIC that 70% of the blacks of california that voted YES ON PROP 8 should be ashamed of themselves since blacks generally have children first and if they MARRY AT ALL its much later.
I WAS NOT WRONG.
I was outraged especially considering the long history of blacks absence at the voting polls.
I SAID this vote was FUCKERY AND FOOLERY.
And I was right!
Now you have this individual and I dont hate him at all who says he doesnt support gay marriage although it is well known that he bottoms for many a tranny.
FUCKERY AND TOM FOOLERY at its highest level!

Look
Everyone who comes to this website(including me) has to have some basic inclination towards gay sex......
I have never done anything like that but when I look at a tranny I KNOW THERES A DICK DOWN THERE AND I DONT RUN..........
So.
Lets not get it twisted.
We all have some affinity towards this lifestyle and to vote against gay marriage is the ultimate sign of self hate.
Thats my opinion.....I know some of you hate it I know most of you hate me but fuck you and the horse you rode in on cause I am going to tell it like it is.

Once again.
I dont hate the gentleman that started this thread he is kinda cool actually
but his life IS NOT FUCKING RIGHT.
And the rest of you who said a bunch of stupid shit the same to you.
Hate is hate.
Discrimination is Discrimination.

We are talking about peoples lives here....this isnt a FUCKING game.

SarahG
06-20-2009, 06:37 AM

http://www.hotmobile.org/2008/uploads/images/google_logo.jpg

Could you have posted any larger of a google logo pic?

Cubpocalypse
06-20-2009, 06:58 AM

Jesus Christ on a cracker! That trailer was HORRIBLE!!! And it was the most intelligent thing in this damn thread. And now for something completely different, an Angry Movie Review of ZARDOZ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12hxZ77gZus

Sean Connery is wearing hooker boots?!!?? ROFL

SarahG
06-20-2009, 07:02 AM

Jesus Christ on a cracker! That trailer was HORRIBLE!!! And it was the most intelligent thing in this damn thread. And now for something completely different, an Angry Movie Review of ZARDOZ.

Of course the trailer was awful, it was from 1974.

I really feel sorry for the people who had to live threw that shit.

They should do a remake of Zardoz though, minus the overdone LSD-inspired effects & crappy costumes.

Cubpocalypse
06-20-2009, 07:14 AM

Of course the trailer was awful, it was from 1974.

I really feel sorry for the people who had to live threw that shit.

They should do a remake of Zardoz though, minus the overdone LSD-inspired effects & crappy costumes.

No thank you. I got enough of the plot from the review. The review was hilarious though so it's not a complete waste of celluloid. I laughed the whole way through his review. The single funniest pic in the whole thing comes at 5:33 so you have to watch it all. :)

jjhill
06-20-2009, 07:48 AM

There was a Married With Children marathon on last week.

Pyshcooooooooo Dadddddddddd!

jjhill
06-20-2009, 08:01 AM
Since race keeps getting brought up. I like how some transgendered individuals always compare their hardships to those of blacks. Not even close. Not by a long shot. I'll just leave it at that.

p.s to all the cock hounds here that hang on or try to defend every word a girl say, can save it. A lady on here can say oh the sky is brown, and I'll reply blue. Watch 15 guys argue with me. lol

Legend
06-20-2009, 08:45 AM
Those people that actually went through those hardships were fighting for rights that everyone else had at the time and that included the right to marry anyone that want, the same thing most lgbt people are doing today, they are fighting for the right to marry anyone they choose so to say someone can't use that example were people gain rights is kind of ridiculous and selfish.

JackLovesTSs
06-20-2009, 09:11 AM

My favorite episode is when Bud does a school project, puts out a calendar of the hottest girl in school and she turns out to be a TS.

To bad they didn't have enough courage to cast a real TS, but a great episode anyway.

droog
06-20-2009, 09:20 AM

who is the tall dark stranger there
the one with the gun and the icy stare
the one with the scalp of his ex-wife's hair

psycho dad... psycho dad... psycho dad!

he's a darn good pa but he hates the law
he's likes to eat it raw... psycho dad!

JackLovesTSs
06-20-2009, 09:39 AM
For the few that are posting comments comparing the plight of the TS with those of the civil rights movement, I'd have to say there are many similarities and differences. In some cases the TS has it worse.

Both blacks and gays have been beaten and killed just because of what they were born to be. Obviously more blacks.

Both are discriminated against (silently now) in the workplace, during relationships, schools, etc.

But the TS is shunned in MOST communities in EVERY state. At least blacks has salvation in the north. In the 1860s Frederick Douglas was looked up to by many whites and fellow blacks in over half the country and invited to the white house. I'm pretty sure that to this date a TS has never been invited to discuss gay issues with any US President.

And as we know, a open TS can't be married in most states, serve in the military, be married to anyone in the military even in a legal state (because he'd get kicked out), and probably can't get a job as a teacher, have an almost impossible battle trying to even get jobs in liberal Hollywood as a mainstream actor or actress, wont be elected to any office except for 1 or 2 rare small communities. Can't get a job as a print model for fear someone might find out the truth. It goes on and on, and nowhere can a TS find any refuge except in gay districts in large cities.

Even someone like Derrick Barry on America Has Talent is looked at as some kind of freak by the voting america. As long as he's in Vegas doing his act at LaCage fine, but come out into the real world and they're ready to stone him.

Try walking down a church aisle in a dress and makeup, and see how your local community reacts.

I'm not trying to belittle the injustice by this country to blacks, but blacks could always go anywhere else in the world, and a TS will be executed in several countries to this day. So, let's just forget about comparing the two. Injustice is injustice, civil rights are civil rights. We are supposed to be a better country. All men created equal...except. Many times I sincerely doubt it.

JeniferTS
06-20-2009, 12:27 PM
For the few that are posting comments comparing the plight of the TS with those of the civil rights movement, I'd have to say there are many similarities and differences. In some cases the TS has it worse.

Both blacks and gays have been beaten and killed just because of what they were born to be. Obviously more blacks.

Both are discriminated against (silently now) in the workplace, during relationships, schools, etc.

But the TS is shunned in MOST communities in EVERY state. At least blacks has salvation in the north. In the 1860s Frederick Douglas was looked up to by many whites and fellow blacks in over half the country and invited to the white house. I'm pretty sure that to this date a TS has never been invited to discuss gay issues with any US President.

And as we know, a open TS can't be married in most states, serve in the military, be married to anyone in the military even in a legal state (because he'd get kicked out), and probably can't get a job as a teacher, have an almost impossible battle trying to even get jobs in liberal Hollywood as a mainstream actor or actress, wont be elected to any office except for 1 or 2 rare small communities. Can't get a job as a print model for fear someone might find out the truth. It goes on and on, and nowhere can a TS find any refuge except in gay districts in large cities.

Even someone like Derrick Barry on America Has Talent is looked at as some kind of freak by the voting america. As long as he's in Vegas doing his act at LaCage fine, but come out into the real world and they're ready to stone him.

Try walking down a church aisle in a dress and makeup, and see how your local community reacts.

I'm not trying to belittle the injustice by this country to blacks, but blacks could always go anywhere else in the world, and a TS will be executed in several countries to this day. So, let's just forget about comparing the two. Injustice is injustice, civil rights are civil rights. We are supposed to be a better country. All men created equal...except. Many times I sincerely doubt it.

:claps :claps :claps

Silcc69
06-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Why would a TS go to the white house to discuss those issues in the first place? More than likely they would ask a gay male or a lesbian female. And besides a gay white male could easily drive through a redneck town and easily walk away unharmed a black male on the other hand lol.

And for that jackass that put up the google logo. If there is debate going on then somebody on here should obviously be able to answer the question or provide some links not just put a google logo up which doesnt't bring anything to the table. And for person that said black people are the reason it passed we aren't even the top minority in California

http://names.mongabay.com/ancestry/California.html

deee757
06-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Since race keeps getting brought up. I like how some transgendered individuals always compare their hardships to those of blacks. Not even close. Not by a long shot. I'll just leave it at that.

p.s to all the cock hounds here that hang on or try to defend every word a girl say, can save it. A lady on here can say oh the sky is brown, and I'll reply blue. Watch 15 guys argue with me. lol

Plus i don't see where your political stance has anything to do with your race. I definitely don't see how it could lead to pictures of segregation and lynchings when we are discussing gay marriages. But same sex marriages changes a lot of things if they are legalized. Group Insurance plans will be different, things like parental guardian ship, adoption, foster care, taxes ect... These different political issues affect people in different ways, and the legalizing of same sex marriages will affect these issues. i personally am not against same sex marriages. But to assume someone that is black should view this as paralleled oppression and ignore their individual political concerns is absurd. How is that democracy? This is misinterpretation of civil rights.

2009AD
06-20-2009, 02:37 PM
And for that jackass that put up the google logo. If there is debate going on then somebody on here should obviously be able to answer the question or provide some links not just put a google logo up which doesnt't bring anything to the table.

It took me 15 seconds, or less, to find out which U.S. states and countries allow same sex marriages or civil unions. Yea, if you're taking part in a discussion then you should take the time to do a bit of background research.

tsslutboy
06-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Two people shoud have the right to marry who ever they want if they love each other. We dont have the right to take that away form any one for any reason. Besides more straight couples have fucked up the whole marriage thing by marrying for the wrong reasons.

deee757
06-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Two people shoud have the right to marry who ever they want if they love each other. We dont have the right to take that away form any one for any reason. Besides more straight couples have fucked up the whole marriage thing by marrying for the wrong reasons.

You obviously don't live in California if you think people to not have the right to deny other people rights

jjhill
06-20-2009, 03:38 PM

I love that damn song, Al sings it with passion!

santiago316
06-20-2009, 08:19 PM

I love that damn song, Al sings it with passion!
You gotta love how Kelly gets into too :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTO1Bj-iaaU

Danielle Foxx
06-20-2009, 09:17 PM

Im quoting you because this was a major issue in black churches in DC. now idont go to church and generally hate god and religion but it makes no sense for the black community to exculde marriage rights to gays because of their stupid religious beliefs. hey 50 years ago in the south the kkk justified hanging and lynching blacks because god wants usto live seperatly. hell i dont even like marriage. but who would you deny that right to anyone else who chooses to live a happy life with someone they love. i would rather see a billion fags get married, than to have one more immigrant marry for a green card. infact i thinkits stupid that the whole gay marriage thing is even being contested in a court or decided by lawmakers, who dont believe what i do like personally i thinkfat people should have to pay for an extra seat onthe metro if theycant fitinto the one, but im not out bringing that to a vote or activly trying to establish that law. hey being a fatass is their life choice and obviously pizza and burritos make them happy. sorry boutthe misspellings ya'll but thats from the soul

WAYYY TO GOOOOOOOO! So well said and represented. Thank you for your words. Much love to you.

unctrld1
06-20-2009, 09:43 PM

WAYYY TO GOOOOOOOO! So well said and represented. Thank you for your words. Much love to you.

Hey . . . another Black man here. I personally do not care who decides to get married, nor do I care what gender the people happen to be. As a person familiar with the Domestic Relations Law of New York State, and the laws that govern marriage in general throughout the country I can say with confidence that ANY man considering marriage should seek professional help.

I disagree with "Gimme's" comment that " it makes no sense for the black community to exculde marriage rights to gays because of their stupid religious beliefs." The Black [please capitalize the "b" when referring to race - I know it's not Grammatically correct, but it feels better] community has NO power to exclude anything. If we could exclude someone's rights, we would exclude streetgangs, drug dealers, mortgage banks that redline our communities, and corrupt police and courts. The Black community has no power to exclude. In fact, I would argue that the term "Black community" is an oxymoron. We are not a homogeneous group. As I sit here writing this the house to my left has Jamaican Blacks, the house to my right has Panamanian Blacks. The so-called Black community should be called the Black diaspora because we were disbursed throughout the world for the profit of others against our will.

Please remember, when Black people reached their final destinations we were robbed of our names, languages, religions, culture, and folkways. All that was replaced by something foreign for the benefit of our captors. Although the physical bondage is over, the chains remain on our brains. What outsiders see in the so-called Black community is a reflection of what we were taught by our captors.

My people suffer from a lack of knowledge of themselves. When we get that knowledge, then a proper assessment can be made as to what the "Black community" thinks.

Uhuru!

Silcc69
06-20-2009, 10:23 PM
And for that jackass that put up the google logo. If there is debate going on then somebody on here should obviously be able to answer the question or provide some links not just put a google logo up which doesnt't bring anything to the table.

It took me 15 seconds, or less, to find out which U.S. states and countries allow same sex marriages or civil unions. Yea, if you're taking part in a discussion then you should take the time to do a bit of background research.

Uhm like I said before what is the point of even talknig about it if your not even gonna bring out the links. Like I said before I asked a question that I thought that somebody on here could specifically answer my questions. And it has yet to be answered.

Danielle Foxx
06-20-2009, 11:08 PM

Hey . . . another Black man here. I personally do not care who decides to get married, nor do I care what gender the people happen to be. As a person familiar with the Domestic Relations Law of New York State, and the laws that govern marriage in general throughout the country I can say with confidence that ANY man considering marriage should seek professional help.

I disagree with "Gimme's" comment that " it makes no sense for the black community to exculde marriage rights to gays because of their stupid religious beliefs." The Black [please capitalize the "b" when referring to race - I know it's not Grammatically correct, but it feels better] community has NO power to exclude anything. If we could exclude someone's rights, we would exclude streetgangs, drug dealers, mortgage banks that redline our communities, and corrupt police and courts. The Black community has no power to exclude. In fact, I would argue that the term "Black community" is an oxymoron. We are not a homogeneous group. As I sit here writing this the house to my left has Jamaican Blacks, the house to my right has Panamanian Blacks. The so-called Black community should be called the Black diaspora because we were disbursed throughout the world for the profit of others against our will.

Please remember, when Black people reached their final destinations we were robbed of our names, languages, religions, culture, and folkways. All that was replaced by something foreign for the benefit of our captors. Although the physical bondage is over, the chains remain on our brains. What outsiders see in the so-called Black community is a reflection of what we were taught by our captors.

My people suffer from a lack of knowledge of themselves. When we get that knowledge, then a proper assessment can be made as to what the "Black community" thinks.

Uhuru!

I could not even imagine how it must have been going through such painful experiences such as slavery.

I complain so much about someone being rude to me on the street or online however when I imagine the horrible treatment humans have endured such as slavery and the holocaust I tend to feel very empty inside.

I am part german and I hope that I have no hateful blood flowing through my vains.

Hate is bad - but hate in the name of religion should be a mortal sin. Based on facts and not fictional characters who walked on water and parted ocean waters.

How dare someone tell me who I should share my life commitments with? HA!

Mean People suck... Good people Swallow

deee757
06-20-2009, 11:15 PM
[quote=gimmeurblood][quote=tsntx]i think its disgusting a black man *or any other minority* would be against basic CIVIL rights

Uhuru!

Irrelevant when it comes to political issues. You are at the poles getting ready to cast your vote about issues that will affect u tomorrow and you think that bringing up the struggle for civil rights excludes you from exercising your civil rights. These votes are supposed to be based on a representative sample of the state. So if you don't vote based on your individual issues and needs, your wasting democracy. I don't care what color u are.

deee757
06-20-2009, 11:19 PM
[quote="unctrld1"][quote="Danielle Foxx"][quote="gimmeurblood"][quote=tsntx]i think its disgusting a black man *or any other minority* would be against basic CIVIL rights

I could not even imagine how it must have been going through such painful experiences such as slavery.

I complain so much about someone being rude to me on the street or online however when I imagine the horrible treatment humans have endured such as slavery and the holocaust I tend to feel very empty inside.

I am part german and I hope that I have no hateful blood flowing through my vains.

Hate is bad - but hate in the name of religion should be a mortal sin. Based on facts and not fictional characters who walked on water and parted ocean waters.

How dare someone tell me who I should share my life commitments with? HA!

Mean People suck... Good people Swallow

But that's the whole point of democracy. If 7 out of 10 people think same sex marriages should be banned, than according to the state of California's democratic process that it will be banned. Now if a state law is in question, than it goes to the Supreme Court, who will decide if the law is unconstitutional or not. But you cant blame the people for speaking.

trish
06-21-2009, 12:05 AM
That is not the point of a constitutional republic which is the form of government our founding fathers instituted. Inalienable rights, should not in theory, be left to the discretion of the majority. The right to consensual marriage should be given the same protections as life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. This was eventually found to be so in the case of slave marriages, the case in interracial marriages and it will, like it or not, eventually be so in the case of same sex marriages.

deee757
06-21-2009, 12:10 AM
That is not the point of a constitutional republic which is the form of government our founding fathers instituted. Inalienable rights, should not in theory, be left to the discretion of the majority. The right to consensual marriage should be given the same protections as life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. This was eventually found to be so in the case of slave marriages, the case in interracial marriages and it will, like it or not, eventually be so in the case of same sex marriages.

Constitutional laws are federal, this is a state issue (at the moment). State laws don't always run parallel with constitutional laws. Ask Plaxico Burress about the right to bear arms, except in the state of NY.

trish
06-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Moreover, You can blame people for not having the wisdom or the compassion to see that one should have no veto on another's right to marry.

deee757
06-21-2009, 12:16 AM
Moreover, You can blame people for not having the wisdom or the compassion to see that one should have no veto on another's right to marry.

Ironically, when we blame the intelligence of society as the reason for errors in the democratic process, it shows that we don't really believe in a democratic process.

SarahG
06-21-2009, 12:17 AM
But that's the whole point of democracy. If 7 out of 10 people think same sex marriages should be banned, than according to the state of California's democratic process that it will be banned. Now if a state law is in question, than it goes to the Supreme Court, who will decide if the law is unconstitutional or not. But you cant blame the people for speaking.

You can't honestly believe that, can you?

The whole reason why we don't and never had democracy on a federal level was because democracy is a pile of excrement where those in the majority can do whatever the hell they want to the minority with nothing more than their population size supremacy to explain their actions. There is no requirement of having any logical justification, or coherent argument behind said regulations- it simply happens because people vote on it and make it happen. Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. It doesn't work, its never worked, and the founding fathers hated democracy more then they did monarchical tyranny. Sadly CA's founding politicians showed a blatant unfamiliarity with The Federalist and did not heed to any of the founding fathers' warnings on government design and simply gave the masses political liberties that they should never, ever be trusted with in the first place.

The right to vote and the right to free speech doesn't give someone or some organization a blank check to do & say whatever they want without there being consequences for those actions. Suppose my next door neighbor is a white supremacist, sure he has his right to political speech and political assembly. He could even hold clan meetings next door to me if doing so does not violate building code laws applicable to our city.... but if it pisses me off (which it would) then I am free to criticize him for it.

I'm free to publicly disagree with him for it, I'm free to refuse to buy goods or services he sells at his family operated business, I am free to see him as a pathetic waste of genetic material & natural resources, I am free to call him out on his ignorance in social settings so every where he goes in public people will know how much of an unenlightened asshat he is, I an free to set up websites alerting to those all over the globe to his views & actions. Employers noticing these actions are free to refuse to hire him, if he is a contractor private companies are free to go to a competitor instead of giving a white supremacist their business. In the end there ARE consequences, that's why when that Sacramento radio station recently had three DJ's ranting on the air about how they thought transgendered children should be beaten by their families for being trans, the reaction was the immediate withdraw of virtually all the show's commercial advertisers/sponsors, ruining the station's only true source of income and forcing them to either recant (to get the sponsors back) or go off the air. In the end they chose the former.

If people don't want to be blamed for their actions & statements, if people don't want to be called out for what they've said- then they should just keep their mouths shut and refuse to get involved. But clinging to the fact that they have a right to vote, a right to free speech, and a right to assembly is a fundamentally flawed argument that holds zero water when taking note that everyone else has the same abilities to use the same liberties for their own countering agendas.

This is why in Federalist #10, James Madison wrote that there are only two ways to counter the effects of a malicious majority faction; limiting freedoms until said faction disappears, or allowing everyone else to be free to disagree knowing eventually, at some point, the truth & liberty will win out. As he put it, the former is akin to putting out a house fire by removing all the oxygen. It would extinguish the fire, at the cost of the lives of everyone inside the building who need oxygen to live.

trish
06-21-2009, 12:20 AM
Why is that ironic? We don't and never did believe in a totally democratic process. That's why we're a constitutional, democratic republic. Clearly not everything can be left all the time to the discretion of the majority.

Hazel Tucker
06-21-2009, 12:21 AM
On Nov.,

God Bless Ignorance! :roll:

deee757
06-21-2009, 12:24 AM
[quote=deee757]

You can't honestly believe that, can you?

But your complete argument does not address that statement. Your saying that democracy does not work. Ok your opinion, i dont agree or disagree, but than u give reasons why it does not work. Once again, no rebuttal on that, but that is the form of Government in the state of California. How can u blame the people for exercising the political practices that are in place. The system working or not is a different argument.

SarahG
06-21-2009, 12:26 AM
How can u blame the people for exercising the political practices that are in place.

I already explained that in the 2nd half of my post.

Quiet Reflections
06-21-2009, 12:29 AM
its been said before but needs repeating everyone should have the right to legally lose half their stuff

deee757
06-21-2009, 12:29 AM
How can u blame the people for exercising the political practices that are in place.

So to pretty much summarize, people shouldn't vote if they don't want to be blamed for the outcome?

trish
06-21-2009, 12:31 AM

Simple: Californians may have the right to vote on whether gays and lesbians can marry. Some of them exercised that right to keep in place a moral wrong. I blame them for that.

deee757
06-21-2009, 12:34 AM

Simple: Californians may have the right to vote on whether gays and lesbians can marry. Some of them exercised that right to keep in place a moral wrong. I blame them for that.

Which brings me back to the point, thats democracy, the majority of the state feels this way. Now this is where Sarah's point is valid, this is where you can question the effectiveness of this form of government. But that's the reason for marches, speeches, political demonstrations, lobbying, to sway the opinion of the public

trish
06-21-2009, 12:37 AM
And so you agree that some speech is legal but blameworthy.

SarahG
06-21-2009, 12:40 AM

So to pretty much summarize, people shouldn't vote if they don't want to be blamed for the outcome?

No. To summarize people can support & vote for anything they want to, but this can have consequences and one of those potential consequences are other people blaming them for their actions when those actions are deplorable.

In a nut shell, if you don't want someone to call you out for your views, don't give them something to talk about.

deee757
06-21-2009, 12:42 AM
And so you agree that some speech is legal but blameworthy.

I agree, Rush Limbaugh, and especially Pat Robertson make irrational statements that are followed by millions of viewers and listeners. But we have to enjoy the fruits as well as the thorns and thistles of freedom of speech.

unctrld1
06-21-2009, 12:44 AM
[quote=gimmeurblood][quote=tsntx]i think its disgusting a black man *or any other minority* would be against basic CIVIL rights

Uhuru!

Irrelevant when it comes to political issues. You are at the poles getting ready to cast your vote about issues that will affect u tomorrow and you think that bringing up the struggle for civil rights excludes you from exercising your civil rights. These votes are supposed to be based on a representative sample of the state. So if you don't vote based on your individual issues and needs, your wasting democracy. I don't care what color u are.

My point was not to offer an excuse for the decisions made by Black voters. My goal was to offer an explanation as to why a group of people who should be very familiar with being denied civil rights would vote to deny another group civil rights. My answer as to why some in the so-called Black community voted to deny gays the right to marry is: "My people suffer from a lack of knowledge of themselves."

As far as religion goes, the religion observed by most in the so-called Black community was forced upon us by our captors as a way to control behavior, thought and attitude. It is never enough to trap a body, one must control the mind. With that, a captor need not use a chain, fence, gate or lock - the captive whose behavior, thought and attitude is controlled won't leave even if he/she could. Christianity was used in this manner. And to this day the descendants of those captives cling to the religion forced upon their ancestors. Even though that religion has them making decisions that run counter to common sense and their own life experiences. With knowledge of ourselves and others I believe Black people will finally do away with one of the last vestiges of bondage - the religion of Christianity [as practiced in the West].

trish
06-21-2009, 12:49 AM
In the case of California, it's more than the thorns of free speech we are asked to endure, but the harm done by governmental system gone awry. I can blame some Californians not only for their speech but for the way they voted.

deee757
06-21-2009, 12:51 AM
[quote="unctrld1"][quote="Danielle Foxx"][quote=gimmeurblood][quote=tsntx]i think its disgusting a black man *or any other minority* would be against basic CIVIL rights

My point was not to offer an excuse for the decisions made by Black voters. My goal was to offer an explanation as to why a group of people who should be very familiar with being denied civil rights would vote to deny another group civil rights. My answer as to why some in the so-called Black community voted to deny gays the right to marry is: "My people suffer from a lack of knowledge of themselves."

As far as religion goes, the religion observed by most in the so-called Black community was forced upon us by our captors as a way to control behavior, thought and attitude. It is never enough to trap a body, one must control the mind. With that, a captor need not use a chain, fence, gate or lock - the captive whose behavior, thought and attitude is controlled won't leave even if he/she could. Christianity was used in this manner. And to this day the descendants of those captives cling to the religion forced upon their ancestors. Even though that religion has them making decisions that run counter to common sense and their own life experiences. With knowledge of ourselves and others I believe Black people will finally do away with one of the last vestiges of bondage - the religion of Christianity [as practiced in the West].

How is any of this relevant to politics? How does this directly affect the issues in your community? Your local school budget, curfew laws on youth, sexual offender registry guidelines, anti-smoking bans, all will be affected by who you elect as mayor. So your telling me as a black person, when I go vote I must ignore all the issues that are relevant to me as well as my community, and vote based on being a representative of a formally oppressed group? This sounds like the mental chains you keep talking about

unctrld1
06-21-2009, 01:08 AM
[quote="unctrld1"][quote=Danielle Foxx][quote=gimmeurblood][quote=tsntx]i think its disgusting a black man *or any other minority* would be against basic CIVIL rights

How is any of this relevant to politics? How does this directly affect the issues in your community? Your local school budget, curfew laws on youth, sexual offender registry guidelines, anti-smoking bans, all will be affected by who you elect as mayor. So your telling me as a black person, when I go vote I must ignore all the issues that are relevant to me as well as my community, and vote based on being a representative of a formally oppressed group? This sounds like the mental chains you keep talking about

No, this is not what I am saying. What I am saying is that the votes by certain Black people have an explanation rooted in the past. What you do SHOULD be based on your particular beliefs - political, religious, whatever. However, there were those who posted,in this thread, about an astonishment that Black people would vote against gay marriage. My posts were offered as an explanation as to why some Black people would vote against gay marriage.

To be clear, I do not agree with denying this right to gay people.

MrF
06-21-2009, 01:26 AM
I support gay marriage. If two people love each other and want to commit to each other, it should be allowed, and they should enjoy the same legal rights that other married couples have.

If persons A and B want to marry, why is it even the business of persons C, D, etc ? Does it dilute the rights or political power of C and D ? Does it threaten them in some way ? I dont' see that. It's basically the private business of persons A and B.

And all this talk about how gay marriage is "not natural" or will confuse children, or demeans the notion of "marriage", is likewise nonsense. The only way to make sense of it, I suppose, is in the context of the dominant religion, Christianity. The political position to oppose gay marriage is apparently rooted in the irrational notion that being gay is a "sin" and is wrong by the Word of God -- an outdated, nonsensical idea we should reject. It's a matter of basic fairness and should not be a religious matter.

deee757
06-21-2009, 02:08 AM
[quote="deee757"][quote="unctrld1"][quote="deee757"][quote="unctrld1"][quote="Danielle Foxx"][quote="gimmeurblood"][quote=tsntx]i think its disgusting a black man *or any other minority* would be against basic CIVIL rights

No, this is not what I am saying. What I am saying is that the votes by certain Black people have an explanation rooted in the past. What you do SHOULD be based on your particular beliefs - political, religious, whatever. However, there were those who posted,in this thread, about an astonishment that Black people would vote against gay marriage. My posts were offered as an explanation as to why some Black people would vote against gay marriage.

To be clear, I do not agree with denying this right to gay people.

Ok point taken, for the record Im not against same sex marriages either.
But is is not as "all or nothing" as people are making it seem. For example, I used to work in the foster care system, and the marriage laws were pretty specific. We had to turn down the couples who came out and said they were gay because couples had to be married (they could have avoided this by not telling, like the military). So if i were still working their and I had to vote on the issue I would say yes, because this means more foster parents, company growth, increased revenue, promotions, new jobs, im very happy.

Now lets say at this same job we have a lot of gay couples, and they will be able to get married when the law passes. This will change our group benefit packages because we will have more married couples and additional benefactors that we did not before. This would increase the cost of our benefit package. If i base it on befits alone i would vote no to same sex marriages. It is than my responsibility to find a medium and make a decision that works best for me and my family regarding the vote. Me feeling sorry for two ashy hairy men who want to be married is not a factor in my vote. I think people can do what they want, but if it affects me, than im making choices that best fit the needs of my family

trish
06-21-2009, 02:42 AM
That's the trouble with letting basic human rights up to the majority. Your benefit package should take second place even in your own mind when the basic human rights of others are in the balance.

deee757
06-21-2009, 03:00 AM
That's the trouble with letting basic human rights up to the majority. Your benefit package should take second place even in your own mind when the basic human rights of others are in the balance.

that's what the supreme court is for. My public duty is to vote on how the issue would best affect my family. It is up to your appointed supreme exalted judges to decide if "basic human rights" are being violated. State supreme court, than the federal supreme court.

SarahG
06-21-2009, 03:10 AM

that's what the supreme court is for. My public duty is to vote on how the issue would best affect my family. It is up to your appointed supreme exalted judges to decide if "basic human rights" are being violated. State supreme court, than the federal supreme court.

Tell that to Dred Scott

trish
06-21-2009, 03:23 AM
My public duty is to vote on how the issue would best affect my family. That's a lofty way to excuse moral failing. Duty my ass. Where is that little bit "wisdom" written?

Silcc69
06-21-2009, 03:44 AM
While i'm at it I thought California was one of the most liberal states in the US.

deee757
06-21-2009, 03:56 AM
Sometimes u win sometimes u lose, ask Al Gore

trish
06-21-2009, 04:19 AM
Sometimes you squash someone's human rights for selfish reasons and sometimes you don't.

unctrld1
06-21-2009, 04:37 AM
While i'm at it I thought California was one of the most liberal states in the US.

I thought the same thing. But, on further reflection I changed my mind. California is the state that produced the Black Panther Party for Self Defense [Oakland] and the political career of Ronald Reagan [the standard bearer for the modern Conservative movement]. Not to mention the riots from LA to Oakland - nearly all of them based on a race issue.

This state has the largest correctional system in the country and its inmate self-segregate on the basis of race. Essentially, the inmates in the California penal system have been in a race war since the '60's.

California - sunshine, blondes, and beaches? It's deeper than that.

Tanuki
06-21-2009, 05:43 AM
bananas.. totally bananas... heres what I do not support..

I dont support.. you Armani... ever being able to brush your teeth again.. I am going to pass a law.. you will have to have bad breath. for the rest of your life.. because. that is what i believe.. and i will convince the majority to agree with me... sorry Armanixxx.but, Jesus told me that it was really super important..

scroller
06-21-2009, 07:56 AM
My public duty is to vote on how the issue would best affect my family.

No, it is not. That's just the rationalization that nuclear-family-sociopaths use when they refuse their responsibility to the greater civic society.

Suckalot1
06-21-2009, 08:03 AM
I don't support that crap either, it's a bunch of bullshit. There's no place in this world for gay marriage, they can have some sort of partnership instead. Gay people need to deal with the circumstances of being gay and thats it.

droog
06-21-2009, 08:33 AM
I don't support that crap either, it's a bunch of bullshit. There's no place in this world for gay marriage, they can have some sort of partnership instead. Gay people need to deal with the circumstances of being gay and thats it.

people in this thread keep saying that they're against gay marriage, but then they never give a good reason as to why they're against it. except that they're just........... against it. there's gotta be a reason.

so this leaves me wondering what percentage of men or women, opposing gay marriage, are really just self-hating closet homosexuals...

and secretly that's their reason for being against it. if they can't be happy, why should the gays?

Suckalot1
06-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Marriage is a sacred thing, between man and a woman, and it's about having a family. When your gay you can't have any kids so there's no marriage needed. It's like if a woman has a kid and they're not married, it's her kid and he needs to pay support if anything. With gays and lesbians there's not all those things involved to marriage. It's just 2 lesbians/gays that want to complain that they aren't getting the same rights and that they're in love.

droog
06-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Marriage is a sacred thing, between man and a woman, and it's about having a family. When your gay you can't have any kids so there's no marriage needed. It's like if a woman has a kid and they're not married, it's her kid and he needs to pay support if anything. With gays and lesbians there's not all those things involved to marriage. It's just 2 lesbians/gays that want to complain that they aren't getting the same rights and that they're in love.

all you did here was justify your first close-minded response with another.

SarahG
06-21-2009, 09:18 AM

So in other words, proposition8 should also ban anyone who is incapable of reproduction from marrying?

I guess they'll have to start doing fertility tests as a prerequisite for getting marriage licenses in CA. :roll:

deee757
06-21-2009, 10:53 AM

No, it is not. That's just the rationalization that nuclear-family-sociopaths use when they refuse their responsibility to the greater civic society.

lol, well responsibility to greater civic society (what ever that means) does not feed my children. And i will be any adjective any one wants to label me as, but no one is coming between me and my family. Im not putting my, nor the needs of my family secondary to people wanting to justify their relationship. I hope they gain the right to marry, but if it takes food off my kids plates, and my vote is the deciding factor, than it wont happen.

JackLovesTSs
06-21-2009, 11:09 AM

lol, well responsibility to greater civic society (what ever that means) does not feed my children. And i will be any adjective any one wants to label me as, but no one is coming between me and my family. Im not putting my, nor the needs of my family secondary to people wanting to justify their relationship. I hope they gain the right to marry, but if it takes food off my kids plates, and my vote is the deciding factor, than it wont happen.

I've seen some pretty stupid comments and threads on this website, but this takes first prize.

"Food off your kids plates"?!?!?!?!?!?! I wondered who would step up and yell to the world "I AM DUMBER THAN GEORGE W. BUSH...I AM THE BIGGEST F'N M'Fer IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!"

And now we know. It's deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee757. That fact that a plant or animal died to feed you or your kids is the greatest injustice to this planet mankind has ever seen. Forget the Holocaust, the plight of the blacks or gay marriage. This idiot allowed to breathe is INSANE.

Kids? You....procreate? Holy F'n S--t!!!!!! My new case for supporting FORCED abortion.

deee757
06-21-2009, 11:13 AM

I've seen some pretty stupid comments and threads on this website, but this takes first prize.

"Food off your kids plates"?!?!?!?!?!?! I wondered who would step up and yell to the world "I AM DUMBER THAN GEORGE W. BUSH...I AM THE BIGGEST F'N M'Fer IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!"

And now we know. It's deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee757. That fact that a plant or animal died to feed you or your kids is the greatest injustice to this planet mankind has ever seen. Forget the Holocaust, the plight of the blacks or gay marriage. This idiot allowed to breathe is INSANE.

Kids? You....procreate? Holy F'n S--t!!!!!! My new case for supporting FORCED abortion.

Well u got me, your comment was more intellectual than mine. I bow down to your superior intellect. I will stop breathing now

JackLovesTSs
06-21-2009, 11:30 AM

Well u got me, your comment was more intellectual than mine. I bow down to your superior intellect. I will stop breathing now

Good, cause if anything takes air out of my kids lungs...I'm against it.

deee757
06-21-2009, 11:33 AM
lol, be sure to let your kids and your mom know that online, you are asking for other peoples life to end, and also, you are looking for Cindy Crawford with a cock