PDA

View Full Version : Zombies!

rockabilly
06-19-2009, 04:20 AM
Fast or slow , which do you prefer?

SarahG
06-19-2009, 04:25 AM
Zombie's aren't supposed to be fast. I mean come on, they're zombies.

rockabilly
06-19-2009, 04:31 AM
True but the fast zombies of the Dawn of the Dead remake were intense. And if your freshly turned then i dont think rigormortis has set in so theoretically they could be quite spry.

Dino Velvet
06-19-2009, 04:35 AM
I prefer them slow like in the Romero and Fulci movies. Also, zombies should not use weapons either.

SarahG
06-19-2009, 04:38 AM
True but the fast zombies of the Dawn of the Dead remake were intense. And if your freshly turned then i dont think rigormortis has set in so theoretically they could be quite spry.

Well, rigor mortis is a temporary state anyway actually. People seem to think that after you're dead for a while you become stiff as a board and stay that way- but that's simply not true.

Rigor mortis only lasts up to a few hours, after that a corpse is as easy to work with as someone in a coma.

That's why I was impressed with the lengths the first two resident evils went in not having their zombies drag limbs around or walk as if they were stiff- they intentionally wanted them to move smoothly/fluidly.

The limiting factor would be the condition of the zombie brain that is controlling the motor functions, I don't see how someone could expect a zombie to have efficient, accurate movements especially after there has been a degree of decomposition to the brain matter in the cerebral cortex or the cerebellum.

I get that they tried to pitch the T-virus in the resident evil universe as something that rebuilds the corpses- but if the zombies' exterior tissue was not regenerating or healing then why should we expect the brains to fare any better?

rockabilly
06-19-2009, 04:39 AM
Classics are always the best .

Tika
06-19-2009, 04:47 AM
Gotta be fast zombies. Slow zombies are just creepy. Fast zombies - the rage virus ones - holy shit, they're terrifying!

GroobySteven
06-19-2009, 04:49 AM
28 Days Later .... :-)

Quiet Reflections
06-19-2009, 04:52 AM
ill take slow

A Harvard Psychiatrist Explains Zombie Neurobiology

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=46251

rockabilly
06-19-2009, 04:55 AM
While in 28 days Later the infected weren't zombies in the traditional sense they were absolutely terrifying. Cant wait for the last part " 28 Months Later " .

Dirky
06-19-2009, 05:11 AM
I prefer my zombies slow. Why should they be in a hurry? They're dead so it's not like they're in a rush to get anywhere.

EyeCumInPiece
06-19-2009, 05:22 AM
Freshly dead or 'infected' while living people should be fast. The rotten and from-the-grave should be more sluggish.

rockabilly
06-19-2009, 05:29 AM
Thats what was so funny about Uwe Bolls House of the Dead film, old rotten corpses doing kung-fu. No funny Ha Ha but funny sad.

BiCuriousGeorge
06-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Depends on if they are chasing me.

pantybulge69
06-19-2009, 06:56 AM
28 Days Later .... :-)

where they true Zombies or just infected humans ?

pantybulge69
06-19-2009, 07:02 AM
i thought to say SLOW because i like the stiff, lathargic, clumsy
walk of a classic zombie.
But i have to admit that fast-running zombies in the new Dawn
of the Dead version made it that more thrilling and challenging.

TomSelis
06-19-2009, 02:01 PM
If I were watching a movie, I'd prefer fast zombies because they're more interesting.

If I were in the movie, I'd prefer slow zombies because I know I'd have a chance to survive!

rockabilly
06-19-2009, 10:09 PM
28 Days Later - Infected w/ Rage Virus. Think of it as super rabies. They dont eat , barely sleep and they can starve to death. So not classic zombies. But still scary ... neo-zombies.

Deimos
06-19-2009, 11:19 PM
I like a mix of both

tsslutboy
06-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Ill say classic slow zombies.Fast zombies r to scary

hotvegasguy26
06-19-2009, 11:34 PM
i am legend....if they would have made the zombies look a little more real and less computerized i would shit my pants the most with those ones

pantybulge69
06-20-2009, 03:09 AM
Thats what was so funny about Uwe Bolls House of the Dead film, old rotten corpses doing kung-fu. No funny Ha Ha but funny sad.

LOL ! ..OMG! ...House of the Dead ! LOL! And just when i thought Shaun of the Dead and Fido was the corniest cornballs of Zombie films.
But come to think of it, House of the Dead was actually meant
to be EL serious. :oops:

i think House of the Dead series tried to mimic Resident Evil series in
trying to make a CGI videogame involving zombie-fighting into
a live action movie movie. Uggh, but what a sorry attempt it was.

i am really excited and proud of the Resident Evil flicks. i didn't think
it was going to make past the first film (though i thought it was excellent)
after it's poor $11 million box office opening but it flourished and eventually built momentum and interest, even in the audience that
wasn't familar with Resident Evil video game.

rockabilly
06-20-2009, 03:33 AM
Best part about House of the Dead movie ... Erica Durance topless.

Nicole Dupre
06-20-2009, 03:55 AM
Zombies should be slow for a few good reasons. First of all, it's not that one zombie might get you. It's that it's inevitable one of them WILL get you. Oh sure. You can unload a shotgun on their head, and kill one of them. But there's more where he or she came from.

Ahhh! And that another great thing about slow zombies. They're actually easy and fun to kill. You get to blow off a little steam. And think of it this way; what if it's somebody you didn't like? How cool is that?! Maybe some kind of intolerant religious kook.

Oh, and that's the metaphor. Humanity shuffles around, dragging their feet, blindly and gluttonously consuming, even though they're already dead to begin with. And that's why they should look dead. And dead looks slow, not fast. Werewolves are allowed to be fast. Not zombies.

rockabilly
06-20-2009, 04:00 AM
Hi Nicole, I love your avatar pics. Your cute in glasses. Have you read The Walking Dead? They were supposed to make that into a movie. Oh and love your tats :)

daleach
06-20-2009, 04:36 AM
I hate fast zombies

Nicole Dupre
06-20-2009, 04:47 AM
Hi Nicole, I love your avatar pics. Your cute in glasses. Have you read The Walking Dead? They were supposed to make that into a movie. Oh and love your tats :)

Awww, ty sweetheart.

I hardly read books these days, but I still love horror movies.

rockabilly
06-20-2009, 04:52 AM
:) The Walking Dead is a graphic novel published by Image Comics. Really good , you should check it out or just check the wiki.

pantybulge69
06-20-2009, 06:57 AM
BEST ZOMBIE MOVIES of All Time:
Dawn of the Dead (original)
Dead alive
Evil Dead
Gates of Hell ( aka city of the living dead)
Evil Dead 2 (dead by dawn)
Day of the Dead
Resident Evil
Resident Evil: Extinction pt. 3
Resident Evil: Nemesis pt. 2
Return of the Living Dead pt. 1
28 Weeks Later
Return of the Living Dead pt. 3
Land of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead ( 2004)
Zombies
Zombies 2
28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead
Cemetery Man
Army of Darkness
Return of the Living Dead pt. 2
Fido

rockabilly
06-20-2009, 07:07 AM
How about Diary of the Dead?

Quiet Reflections
06-20-2009, 06:33 PM
i am legend....if they would have made the zombies look a little more real and less computerized i would shit my pants the most with those ones
be fair they weren't zombies they were infected humans that were still alive

pantybulge69
06-20-2009, 07:52 PM
be fair they weren't zombies they were infected humans that were still alive

does the same thing go for 28 weeks later as well ? Although the movies 28 days/28 weeks later are labelled as zombie movies, the killers never died. they were infected with the Rage virus.

same thing seemed to happen in the Resident Evil movies. More immediately infected than a victim actually just expiring and then re-animated as a zombie.

Svejk
06-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Slow zombies are represent the inevitability and inescapable nature of death, rather than simply a few cheap computer generated thrills, thus they are, in my opinion, better.

Hazel Tucker
06-21-2009, 12:20 AM
Dead Snow. Fast is scarier. :shock:

rockabilly
06-21-2009, 01:16 AM
Another great Zombie film is Dead and Breakfast w/ the late David Carridine. It's really something ... even has line dancing zombies and great music

transmaven
06-21-2009, 02:48 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_eg04Zz3CERw/R8W3-6lStqI/AAAAAAAAALE/z1fMHhHhtvc/s400/the%2520nights%2520of%2520terror%25202.jpg

In this movie, zombies use tools. Pretty nuts, huh?

Maybe Dino knows what this is from....