PDA

View Full Version : For your home decor....

jaycanuck
06-18-2009, 02:00 AM
http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2008/02/jesuswhat.jpg

scubaman
06-18-2009, 02:08 AM
rotflmfao

rockabilly
06-18-2009, 02:11 AM
Dude thats wrong ... but it's funny though. My grandmothers Jesus portrait broke so maybe i should install that in her room lol. But the strange thing is that the water damage on the portrait made it look like Jesus was crying.

My " Buddy Christ " figure is thankfully undamaged. :)

jaycanuck
06-18-2009, 02:14 AM
Some will be offended I'm sure. I just don't believe so... :)

Jericho
06-18-2009, 03:27 AM
Damn you to hell, blasphemer! :lol:

scubaman
06-18-2009, 03:59 AM
:twisted:

rockabilly
06-18-2009, 04:03 AM
Scubaman your avatar is funny as hell

Willie Escalade
06-18-2009, 09:40 AM
Just as bad...or good?

rockabilly
06-18-2009, 09:45 AM
See thats why i stopped being catholic. lol

eclipsemint
06-18-2009, 09:51 AM
He did say that he was the light of the world.

SarahG
06-18-2009, 10:07 AM
http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2008/02/jesuswhat.jpg

At least neither of the kids are holding it.

rockabilly
06-18-2009, 10:08 AM
ROTFL

SarahG
06-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Think of the obscene things they could have put on the inscription of this one.

eclipsemint
06-18-2009, 10:47 AM

Oh no! I can think of ten straight away, (and I am a believer), but I dare not post them, my soul is too valuable!

SarahG
06-18-2009, 11:21 AM

Oh no! I can think of ten straight away, (and I am a believer), but I dare not post them, my soul is too valuable!

Sinning is good for you, its healthy, entertaining and "all the cool kids do it."

:lol:

eclipsemint
06-18-2009, 11:23 AM

Sinning is good for you, its healthy, entertaining and "all the cool kids do it."

I believe you, honest! But you go first...if the ground doesn't open up beneath you, then...

SarahG
06-18-2009, 11:25 AM

I believe you, honest! But you go first...if the ground doesn't open up beneath you, then...

lol, I've done worse things and not been struck by lightning.

Unfortunitely my sense of humor isn't always that great.

First one that came to my mind:

"Those who tell go to hell"

eclipsemint
06-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Are you still there? Ok, well, since all sins can be forgiven except one, here goes...

"Let the little children come to me." Mark 19:14

SarahG
06-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Here's another one:

Jesus loves everyone... especially all boys & girls.

SarahG
06-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Are you still there? Ok, well, since all sins can be forgiven except one, here goes...

"Let the little children come to me." Mark 19:14

You know I just had a thought.

I am an atheist, maybe bad things only happen when believers say blasphemous things.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

eclipsemint
06-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Nup. Shit happens to good and bad people. It's built into the system.

An atheist, heh? I admire your faith.

Anyway, only sinners NEED a saviour.

How about this one...

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.""

rockabilly
06-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Dont hit below the Bible belt.

SarahG
06-18-2009, 11:51 AM

How about this one...

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.""

I tried, really hard to believe when I was little but I've always had trouble buying the whole concept. Even in preschool I was like "really? You believe this stuff?"

I didn't mean it as an insult, although I frequently offended people back then by putting it so bluntly (kids don't know tact)- I was more curious how someone could think there's some guy sitting in the clouds watching everything we do & that girls were formed out of a rib taken from a guy.

I think if christianity didn't exist and someone professed all these things to strangers, everyone would view them as if they're skitzophrenic. You gotta admit, some of those things sound pretty far fetched, even more so when using literal interpretations.

rockabilly
06-18-2009, 11:54 AM
But turning water into wine would make you a hit at the parties.

SarahG
06-18-2009, 12:01 PM
But turning water into wine would make you a hit at the parties.

And depending on the party even more so if its actually blood.

Although I still say blood is overrated.

eclipsemint
06-18-2009, 12:08 PM

How about this one...

I tried, really hard to believe when I was little but I've always had trouble buying the whole concept. Even in preschool I was like "really? You believe this stuff?"

I didn't mean it as an insult, although I frequently offended people back then by putting it so bluntly (kids don't know tact)- I was more curious how someone could think there's some guy sitting in the clouds watching everything we do & that girls were formed out of a rib taken from a guy.

I think if christianity didn't exist and someone professed all these things to strangers, everyone would view them as if they're skitzophrenic. You gotta admit, some of those things sound pretty far fetched, even more so when using literal interpretations.

Hey, don't sweat it! Ok?

This is a forum for transgender women and their admirers, but sometimes other stuff gets mixed in as well. We're only human after all.

Here I am, a believer who has been divorced twice and has an interest in transgender women...who am I to judge anyone?? I judge no one.

As for your faith and mine, you are on your path, and I am on mine.

Personally, I crave for a personal interaction with the creator of the universe, and if it happens I will tell you. Meanwhile, I am stumbling in the dark just like 99% of everybody else I meet. AND I still believe, despite everything that happens, but more along the lines of Descartes than Billy Graham, to be honest. And I justify this to my depraved little soul by saying that whoever made the light fixture should not have made a graven image in the first place.

So, why are you called Sarah G? Is that you're real name?

SarahG
06-18-2009, 12:12 PM

That would be correct.

I'm here more to waste time & be entertained then anything else though, truthfully.

eclipsemint
06-18-2009, 12:15 PM

That would be correct.

I'm here more to waste time & be entertained then anything else though, truthfully.

Ditto!!

SarahG
06-18-2009, 12:23 PM

That would be correct.

Ditto!!

What else is there to do at this hour?

Answer; nothing.

eclipsemint
06-18-2009, 12:36 PM

That would be correct.

Ditto!!

What else is there to do at this hour?

Answer; nothing.

Well, it's 8.30pm on Thursday night here in Sydney, Australia, so there's shopping or...and for you, 10.23am, Rejkvavik??,...uh... yes I can understand why you would be on the internet, anyway, there is always love, the pursuit of love, and the promise of love...

SarahG
06-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Well, it's 8.30pm on Thursday night here in Sydney, Australia, so there's shopping or...and for you, 10.23am, Rejkvavik??,...uh... yes I can understand why you would be on the internet, anyway, there is always love, the pursuit of love, and the promise of love...

lol. Its 6:38 AM eastern US time right now.

And, as usual I'm still wide awake, bored, but awake.

jaycanuck
06-18-2009, 12:39 PM
As I said I don't believe. One of the things I love about my parents is that they never schooled me on any religion (they were the generation in my family that fell out of it I guess). That allowed me to look at all religions and pick one if I wanted. I'm a subscriber of the "we don't fucking know" religion. I sit on the fence of agnostic and atheist....but certainly not of any organized religion. I also put science into it.

People should watch Zeitgeist. Great documentary. Especially the part that starts around 13:00

Here's the link :
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-594683847743189197

SarahG
06-18-2009, 12:43 PM
As I said I don't believe. One of the things I love about my parents is that they never schooled me on any religion (they were the generation in my family that fell out of it I guess). That allowed me to look at all religions and pick one if I wanted. I'm a subscriber of the "we don't fucking know" religion. I sit on the fence of agnostic and atheist....but certainly not of any organized religion. I also put science into it.

People should watch Zeitgeist. Great documentary. Especially the part that starts around 13:00

Here's the link :

I didn't really like Zeitgeist, too many errors and too much that didn't fit in.

If they had split the religious commentary into its own documentary I would have respected them a whole hell of a lot more. It feels like they just kinda forced it in to make it fit, imho.

But, even if they had it probably would have still been full of errors.

For instance, they talk about Joseph being a preliminary version of Jesus to see if the story would sell, that's just plain wrong.

eclipsemint
06-18-2009, 12:51 PM

Here's the link :

I didn't really like Zeitgeist, too many errors and too much that didn't fit in.

If they had split the religious commentary into its own documentary I would have respected them a whole hell of a lot more. It feels like they just kinda forced it in to make it fit, imho.

For instance, they talk about Joseph being a preliminary version of Jesus to see if the story would sell, that's just plain wrong.

6.30 -ish, so West Coast. Still a world away, so it doesn't bring you any closer to me than Reykvjavik, so then we can have some fun without consequences. Are you a TS girl? How do you come to be drawn to this website?? And how do you submit posts without being listed among the members currently online at the top of the forum page? That's a good trick.

jaycanuck
06-18-2009, 01:00 PM

Here's the link :

I should correct myself. I didn't watch the whole thing through yet (haven't had the time yet). The part I mentioned though I did watch and found that a good deal is correct...and to base a religion on so many coincidences annoys me.