PDA

View Full Version : THE NEXT BEST THING TO A YANKEE WIN IS A RED SUX LOSS..YESSS

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-08-2005, 04:52 AM
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
there is a GOD
and he is good

TomSelis
10-08-2005, 05:18 AM
.......I FUCKING HATE BOSTON...

Co-signed!!!!

And who shut em down? El Duque!

Ecstatic
10-08-2005, 05:26 AM
Ahh, sore winners, who needs 'em? FWIW, the Sox and the Yankees finished with identical records (95/67 in regular season play), the Yanks winning the division because they beat the Sox one time more than the Sox beat them.

Something about the Sox and ground balls though....

seanj
10-08-2005, 05:32 AM
no yankee fan should have anything to say bout the redsox...espicially after last year when they were beating us 3-0 n talkin all that whos you daddy shit...that was one of the biggest most monumental colapses in the history of professional sports...we are out of the playoffs but the yankees will be soon to follow...all of that payroll and whens the last time they won the world series?...lol

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-08-2005, 05:32 AM
Curse re-instated
big up the Bambino

Ecstatic
10-08-2005, 05:34 AM
It's the White Sox' turn to win all anyway!

Realgirls4me
10-08-2005, 05:38 AM
no yankee fan should have anything to say bout the redsox...espicially after last year when they were beating us 3-0 n talkin all that whos you daddy shit...that was one of the biggest most monumental colapses in the history of professional sports...we are out of the playoffs but the yankees will be soon to follow...all of that payroll and whens the last time they won the world series?...lol

I'm indifferent to both teams, so I don't really follow either team, but that was one of the most incredible comebacks ever to take place in modern era sports. Talk about overcoming insurmountable odds. Jaysus, the Red Sox were down to their last collective breaths in that series. What an unbelievable comeback !!!

Ecstatic
10-08-2005, 05:42 AM
Red Sox' new mantra: "There's always last year!"

:evil:

Realgirls4me
10-08-2005, 05:46 AM
You must remain optimistic there, Ecstatic ... The year 2085 will get here in no time.

;)

Ecstatic
10-08-2005, 05:57 AM
:) :) :)

Let's see...I'll be only 133...can't wait....

My dad was a diehard fan (unlike me, who only cares when they actually have a shot at it, and then only at the end of the season) who watched every televised game, was born in 1922 and died in 2001 without ever seeing them win the Series. (The strange thing is, they have the third best Series record in the AL!! Damn Yankees have finished on top what, 45 times? And won 1/4 of all the World Series ever played?)

Realgirls4me
10-08-2005, 06:00 AM
Hell, Ecstatic, speaking of their success. Don't you recognize good luck when you see it ?!

;)

blckhaze
10-08-2005, 06:10 AM
upset that the yankess loss, but happ boston wont repeat. go yanks, will get em tomorrow

ezed
10-08-2005, 06:38 AM
EVEN IF THE YANKEES LOSE THE RED SOX WHO WERE AHEAD OF THE YANKEES BY 5 GAMES IN LOSS COLUMN ON SEPTEMBER FIRST ........ THEN A FEW WEEKS LATER THE RED SOX LOST THE DIVISON TO THE YANKEES WHO ARE THE DIVISION CHAMPS..... BUT THE SWEETEST PART OF IT ALL IS THAT TONIGHT BOSTON RED SUX GOT SWEPT......IM GOING OUT TONIGHT AND CELEBRATING.......I FUCKING HATE BOSTON...IM A HAPPY MAN

Hey MEGA, go fuck yourself! You are a Yankee fan, I'm a Red Sox fan. We are an enigma to the rest of the nation! We are the best two teams in baseball. With the new scheduling format we meet each other a bizzilion time in the regular season. We beat the fuck out of each other every year. I believe over the last three years, our head to head record is something like 35-35. And if we meet each other in the post season, we go to the World Series spent and exhausted, but we both useally win. Unfortunately, our pitching was like the walking wounded this year, and so was yours. You lost tonight, also. You're one away from joining us in a drunken get together reminising about our losts season. Thus the viewer ratings will go through the floor if neither of us are in the dance.

You picked up a couple of sharp pitchers in Small and the other guy and we got two or three with Papplebom and the college kid.

As a Boston fan, I will say I respect and admire Torre (class), Jeter, he's got his head in the game always, Posada, an ashole, but I admire his abilities, Mussina=Wakefield, Bernie Williams, I love this guy's dedication to the game, Matsui, scared shitless when this guy comes up to the plate..he's haunted (tell him the enola gay pilot wasn't from Boston).

We will continue to beat the fuck out of each other to reach the World Series next year. We lost our fastball this year, so did you. Without us baseball is boring!!!! The White Sox will win because their into it this year. Any team that can execute a squeeze play with their slowest runner on third deserves to take it.

The funny thing is if the White Sox do take it, Cubs fans will be sliting their throats in the street.

FACE IT MEGA,WE'RE BOTH SPENT FROM BEATING THE FUCK OUT OF EACH OTHER

ezed
10-08-2005, 06:44 AM
EVEN IF THE YANKEES LOSE THE RED SOX WHO WERE AHEAD OF THE YANKEES BY 5 GAMES IN LOSS COLUMN ON SEPTEMBER FIRST ........ THEN A FEW WEEKS LATER THE RED SOX LOST THE DIVISON TO THE YANKEES WHO ARE THE DIVISION CHAMPS..... BUT THE SWEETEST PART OF IT ALL IS THAT TONIGHT BOSTON RED SUX GOT SWEPT......IM GOING OUT TONIGHT AND CELEBRATING.......I FUCKING HATE BOSTON...IM A HAPPY MAN

Hey MEGA, go fuck yourself! You are a Yankee fan, I'm a Red Sox fan. We are an enigma to the rest of the nation! We are the best two teams in baseball. With the new scheduling format we meet each other a bizzilion time in the regular season. We beat the fuck out of each other every year. I believe over the last three years, our head to head record is something like 35-35. And if we meet each other in the post season, we go to the World Series spent and exhausted, but we both useally win. Unfortunately, our pitching was like the walking wounded this year, and so was yours. You lost tonight, also. You're one away from joining us in a drunken get together reminising about our losts season. Thus the viewer ratings will go through the floor if neither of us are in the dance.

You picked up a couple of sharp pitchers in Small and the other guy and we got two or three with Papplebom and the college kid.

As a Boston fan, I will say I respect and admire Torre (class), Jeter, he's got his head in the game always, Posada, an ashole, but I admire his abilities, Mussina=Wakefield, Bernie Williams, I love this guy's dedication to the game, Matsui, scared shitless when this guy comes up to the plate..he's haunted (tell him the enola gay pilot wasn't from Boston).

We will continue to beat the fuck out of each other to reach the World Series next year. We lost our fastball this year, so did you. Without us baseball is boring!!!! The White Sox will win because their into it this year. Any team that can execute a squeeze play with their slowest runner on third deserves to take it.

The funny thing is if the White Sox do take it, Cubs fans will be sliting their throats in the street.

FACE IT MEGA,WE'RE BOTH SPENT FROM BEATING THE FUCK OUT OF EACH OTHER

Kramer
10-08-2005, 07:30 AM
Game 3 loss! Randy Johnson gets hit!! :lol: :lol:

It looks like its getting harder and harder to BUY a championship these days. :shock:

Yank payroll= 203 million :shock: :shock:

Boston payroll= 127 million

flabbybody
10-08-2005, 02:52 PM
and it's 2002 all over again. The Yankees are about to be eliminated by the no-name Angels (LA payroll-about 80 million. that's what they pay A.ROD)

there's something lacking in the Yanks this year. It just doesn't seem that they want it that much. The Cal crew is just flat out playing harder.

TomSelis
10-08-2005, 03:29 PM
LOL @ rabid Boston fans.

Always rabid....

Slither
10-08-2005, 03:34 PM
How can a team with the biggest payroll in the history of baseball, who barely got in the playoffs and is getting their ass handed to them by the Angels, going to talk shit about anyone else?

They're choking more than Boston did.

TomSelis
10-08-2005, 03:41 PM
So sad....

Quinn
10-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Boston always tries to compete with New York City; it can't be done. Don't get me wrong, Boston is a great city, but it just can't compare itself with NYC in any category – save for, perhaps, its number of drunken Irishmen:)

-Quinn

Ecstatic
10-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Now that just isn't true, Quinn, and I'm sure you know that. Boston leads New York in a number of areas...for instance, Boston Metro is currently the most expensive Metro area in the US (NYC is only third). Boston also gets more snow, longer winters, high average wind speed.... :wink:

Seriously, NYC lags far behind Boston in top colleges and universities (but then so does everyone else), even if you don't include Cambridge with Boston. (Remember, Boston is only 39 sq mi and NYC is 301 sq mi; what constitute burroughs in NYC are individual cities here). Likewise, Boston leads in the percentage of college-age residents, biotech research, computer R&D and high tech (usually positioned second behind Silicon Valley), and many other areas. Boston also rivals NYC in areas in which both cities outstrip all other comers, such as size of university and public libraries, museums, sports, classical symphony orchestra, etc.

Felicia Katt
10-08-2005, 07:53 PM
all I have to say about red socks is that they are tough to accessorize around :)

FK

Quinn
10-08-2005, 09:00 PM
Now that just isn't true, Quinn, and I'm sure you know that. Boston leads New York in a number of areas...for instance, Boston Metro is currently the most expensive Metro area in the US (NYC is only third). Boston also gets more snow, longer winters, high average wind speed.... :wink:

Seriously, NYC lags far behind Boston in top colleges and universities (but then so does everyone else), even if you don't include Cambridge with Boston. (Remember, Boston is only 39 sq mi and NYC is 301 sq mi; what constitute burroughs in NYC are individual cities here). Likewise, Boston leads in the percentage of college-age residents, biotech research, computer R&D and high tech (usually positioned second behind Silicon Valley), and many other areas. Boston also rivals NYC in areas in which both cities outstrip all other comers, such as size of university and public libraries, museums, sports, classical symphony orchestra, etc.

Ecstatic,

I had a feeling I would be hearing from you on this topic :) You forgot to mention a few important points concerning Boston:

1. Boston also has a much higher per-capita crime rate than NYC (crime
index total 2002: 5,986.5 for Boston vs. 3,100.1 for NYC ).

2. Boston has a higher cost of living (a very recent development that
poses such an issue in Massachusetts as a whole that it was the only
state to loose population last year, which in turn presents long-term
workforce and real estate valuation issues).

I have to concede that Boston bitches NYC as an academic center and college town, but in every other important category, NYC is vastly superior:

1. NYC is the financial capital of the United States;
2. NYC is both the wholesale and retail center of the United States;
3. NYC is the cultural center of the United States (LA may not agree);
4. NYC is one of the world’s most important international political centers;
5. NYC has roughly double the number of tourists each year as Boston
(30 million vs. 14 million);
6. NYC dwarfs Boston in physical size (303.3 square miles vs. 48.4
square miles) and population (8,104,079 vs. 569,165 in 2004)
7. We don’t even need to go into the sports comparison.
8. We do not have Thomas M. Menino as our mayor (aka the only
politician who mangles the English language worse than President
Bush).

Seriously though, I do totally enjoy Boston and vacation there whenever I get a chance, usually combining too much alcohol and clam chowder until I get sick.

-Quinn

ezed
10-09-2005, 04:35 AM
PAY ROLL IS AN EXCUSE , LOOK AT THE MEDIA MARKET WE ARE IN....YOU CUNT BAGS CRY BUT THE RED SOX ARE SECOND TO THE YANKEES IN PAY ROLL.....PLEASE.......PAY ROLL JUST MEANS OVER PRICED DOESNT MEAN A GUYS GONNA HIT OR PITCH , IT MEANS HIS CUNT WIFE AND SPOILED KIDS GET EVERYTHING THEY WANT.........HEY GEORGEW STEINBRENNER IS THE FIRST ONE TO HELP PEOPLE.....I CANT TELL YA HOW MANY PEOPLES MEDICAL BILLS HE HAS PAID , KIDS AND PEOPLE OF THE STREET THAT HE HAS NEVER EVEN MET.....THE WORLD TRADE DRAMA ( 911) UNFOLDED HE OPENED HIS WALLET....THE NEW ORLEANS DRAMA HAPPENED WITH IN 24 HOURS HE DONTED A MILLION DOLLARS CASH.....UN LIKE ALL THESE OTHER BIG CELEBERTIES WHO HAD CONCERTS YADDA YADDA WHEN THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST CAUGHED IT UP........STEINBRENNER WAS THE FIRST ONE TO DONATE , BEFORE THAT SHIT WAS ALL OVER TV AD EVERYONE WAS ON THE BAND WAGON.......SUCK MY DICK ABOUT MONEY..........YANKEES HAVE TRADITION AND PRIDE...

NOW.....I WILL SAY THIS.....I HATE THE REDSOX BUT I RESPECT THEM MORE THEN ANY OTHER TEAM IN BASEBALL....I FEAR THEM AS WELL......THE YANKEE / REDSOX RIVALRY IS THE BEST THING FOR BASEBALL.......BOTH THESE TEAMS ARE DRAWS AND WHEN THEY PLAY EACHOTHER ITS MONEY IN THE BANK.....NO OTHER TEAMS COME CLOSE.......I HATE THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE GOOD, THEY HATE THE YANKEES FOR THE SAME REASON......YANKEES / RED SOX ARE THE BIGGEST RIVALRY IN SPORTS HISTORY BECAUSE THEY ARE ALWAYS THE 2 TOP TEAMS............ILL GIVE THE RED SOX THAT.....

Thanks Mega, see you next year, God knows what our teams will look like. Good luck with the Angel's but the White Sox's are playing like we did last year. They can taste it.

ezed
10-09-2005, 05:04 AM
Boston always tries to compete with New York City; it can't be done. Don't get me wrong, Boston is a great city, but it just can't compare itself with NYC in any category – save for, perhaps, its number of drunken Irishmen:)

-Quinn

And now for you Mr. Quinn, I'm one of those drunken Irishmen, and I love your city's irish bars. I usually find one as a home base when I visit your fine city. And I and the employees get along just fine! I've taught many of them the finer aspects of hockey (most were here on a green card). But don't talk about competing with New York in "The Sports Lounge". Okay, the Yankees have it over the Red Sox over their long history. But think of the history of the Celtic's, when you think of rivals you think Lakers, 76'ers, Pistons, never the Knicks. How about football. One word the "Patriots". I know you'll say the Giants, but the Pats weren't in existence when they were good. Then there's Hockey, pro, college hockey, college football, PLEASE don't ask me to compare!

I'll never forget, when Derek Sanderson skated behind the Ranger's net in a playoff game and two Rangers came charging in with their gloves dropped a full 20 feet away. Derek proceeded to beat the piss out of both of them. It was pitiful.

I know, you'll drag in the Islanders, but that's like saying the Hartford Whalers are a Boston team. Then you'll start draging in the New Jersey teams. Pick a team and call it New York, not every team with in a 200 mile radius, because you have a bigger population.

Ezed

ezed
10-09-2005, 05:06 AM
all I have to say about red socks is that they are tough to accessorize around :)

FK

AND YOU FELICIA! Yeah your right, except at Chirstmas!

ezed
10-11-2005, 05:47 AM
See you at the bar Mega, the off season is going to be interesting.

blckhaze
10-11-2005, 05:50 AM
really. nobody is really gonna watch the lcs. maybe the WS if Chi makes it, but not like likely. no offense=no ratings

TomSelis
10-15-2005, 06:14 AM
LMAO@ the Boston vs. New York comparison.

Boston is an oversized college town, it's the only major northern city where racism is practiced openly. It's got a crappy nightlife, clubs close at 2am or is it midnight? You can't get a good slice of pizza, decent cheesesteak. The north end has some good restaurants. Face it people don't say, "I'm going to be big, I'm moving to BOSTON." It's not an it town. It's second fiddle.