PDA

View Full Version : Nature

Reyna
06-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Yeah, I watch PBS. Anyways, anyone else seen the story about the genetically male frogs having babies, if hormones had this effect on humans I think the world would be a whole different place. Imaging having to worry about getting t-girls pregnant...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBbkwlGM7X0

2009AD
06-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I watch PBS.

Nothing wrong with watching PBS, great shows like Nova, American Experience, Frontline. No need to apologize.

yodajazz
06-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Long time no see, Reyna. And you are looking good! As for the question, if transwomen could become pregnant. I wonder what would some of the sexier ones wear to child support court?

Jericho
06-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Long time no see, Reyna. And you are looking good! As for the question, if transwomen could become pregnant. I wonder what would some of the sexier ones wear to child support court?

Spandex! :shrug

Alyssa87
06-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Interesting that you brought that up.
I'm addicted to birthing tv shows.

I'm an idiot glutton for punishment.

I often come to tears because i know i will never be able to get pregnant,
carry a baby, and have my husband's child.

MacShreach
06-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Interesting that you brought that up.
I'm addicted to birthing tv shows.

I'm an idiot glutton for punishment.

I often come to tears because i know i will never be able to get pregnant,
carry a baby, and have my husband's child.

That is a very difficult thing for any woman to deal with and I sympathise.

Just as food for thought, though an experimental method of temporary uterine transplant followed by insertion of a fertilised ovum and delivery by CS has been carried out on lab animals. The technique is projected to someday make it possible for natal women, who are infertile by reason of having had a hysterectomy, to gestate and carry a baby to term. The temporarily transplanted uterus is removed at the time of the CS, meaning a minimum use of anti-rejection drugs.

In many women this method would require major HRT to replicate the hormone levels that occur in a natural pregnancy.

Since there is really no difference between a transwomen who has had GRS (or at least a bi-orchi) and a natal woman with no uterus or ova, then there is no reason why the technique could not work on transwomen.

However as far as I know it has never been tried on any humans, due to the significant risks in any early surgical technique, and I imagine, frankly, the astronomical costs that would be involved. I also have no doubt at all that even if the procedure is proved effective for natal women, the usual suspects would try to raise "ethical issues" over its application for transwomen.

Food for thought anyway, and apologies if I have mentioned this to you before.