PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P David Carradine

Legend
06-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Oh man apparently he commited suicide.

jaycanuck
06-04-2009, 10:52 PM
I saw this. Couldn't believe it. He was in the middle of filming a movie in Thailand I think. My brother and I used to watch Kung-Fu, The Legend continues.

GIRUGAMESH
06-04-2009, 10:58 PM
newspaper claims he was found naked, hanging in the closet of his hotel room. guess he was trying some Michael Hutchence autoerotic asphyxiation oops I accidentally my whole life

tstv_lover
06-04-2009, 11:27 PM
newspaper claims he was found naked, hanging in the closet of his hotel room. guess he was trying some Michael Hutchence autoerotic asphyxiation oops I accidentally my whole life

Not funny.

He was a star. I grieve for his loss and pray for his family at this time. Sadly, given the apparent nature of his death, his loss may encourage the worst type of journalism.

Willie Escalade
06-04-2009, 11:30 PM
Why? That's all I can say. WHY?? :cry:

sugdaddie69
06-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Reat In Peace---Grasshopper

Nikka
06-04-2009, 11:47 PM
R.I.P. :(

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-04-2009, 11:47 PM
not for nothing he took the job the execs passed along to him when the networks screwed Bruce Lee out of his concept for a tv series known as Kung Fu....

Rest in Peace sellout

JWBL

sugdaddie69
06-04-2009, 11:49 PM
not for nothing he took the job the execs passed along to him when the networks screwed Bruce Lee out of his concept for a tv series known as Kung Fu....

Rest in Peace sellout

JWBL
LOL,spoken by a TRUE bruce lee fan.

cookiepuss
06-05-2009, 12:01 AM

Rest in Peace sellout

JWBL

Yup. Kinda ironic he was in the midst of filming a movie called "Stretch".

Solitary Brother
06-05-2009, 12:29 AM

Rest in Peace sellout

JWBL

Wow

Thats really harsh.
What about the behind the scenes bastards that put it all together....no contempt for them?

Kung Fu was a LEGENDARY show....way better than this crap on tv today.
That was just really harsh...but ok.

Legend
06-05-2009, 12:30 AM

Rest in Peace sellout

JWBL

Come on what was he suppose to do turn the role down.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-05-2009, 01:29 AM

Rest in Peace sellout

JWBL

Wow

Thats really harsh.
What about the behind the scenes bastards that put it all together....no contempt for them?

This thread isn't about the execs, it's about David Carradine.

and for this forum that's hardly harsh compared to some of the things you yourself have said in the past, let's move on..........

yes.................

Let's be honest for a second. The series was named "Kung Fu." It was intended to be about a Shaolin Monk who travels to the West in search of his brother. A SHAOLIN MONK!

Forgive me for not giving a fuck about a sellout who's claim to fame was based on another man's idea who didn't get to fulfill the role himself due to racism in that era from TV execs.

If you want to pay your respects, pay them, we are all allowed our .02 and I gave mine.

Legend
06-05-2009, 01:48 AM
I understand what you're saying its kind of mess up racism prevented lee from getting that role after all he is the greatest kung fu actor of all time.

giovanni_hotel
06-05-2009, 01:55 AM
You shall be missed, grasshopper.

Cubpocalypse
06-05-2009, 01:57 AM
I understand what you're saying its kind of mess up racist prevented lee from getting that role after all he is the greatest kung fu actor of all time.

That's a bold statement. Not sure it's true though. I think Jackie Chan, Sonny Chiba & Jet Li can all make good arguments for that title.

sugdaddie69
06-05-2009, 02:25 AM
I understand what you're saying its kind of mess up racist prevented lee from getting that role after all he is the greatest kung fu actor of all time.

That's a bold statement. Not sure it's true though. I think Jackie Chan, Sonny Chiba & Jet Li can all make good arguments for that title.
None of those named above were stars in that Era.Jackie Chan actually had a non-speaking bit part in enter the dragon.JWBL is correct on this.
That show would have put bruce lee over the top in mainstream America.

Solitary Brother
06-05-2009, 02:47 AM

Rest in Peace sellout

JWBL

Wow

Thats really harsh.

and for this forum that's hardly harsh compared to some of the things you yourself have said in the past, let's move on..........

yes.................

Let's be honest for a second. The series was named "Kung Fu." It was intended to be about a Shaolin Monk who travels to the West in search of his brother. A SHAOLIN MONK!

Forgive me for not giving a fuck about a sellout who's claim to fame was based on another man's idea who didn't get to fulfill the role himself due to racism in that era from TV execs.

If you want to pay your respects, pay them, we are all allowed our .02 and I gave mine.

You say this as if he owed you money or something.....the main died and/or committed suicide.....he aint even cold yet.
Regardless of what I have said to other members of this forum if ANYONE of them just died I would not be so hateful towards them.
But thats me.

As far as sellouts go I am sure your iPOD is full of them.
Not trying to pick a fight with you......I just dont think this guy is deserving of such venom.
Have a good day.

blckhaze
06-05-2009, 03:07 AM
RIP
Not a fan of the snakage of the bruce lee show, but he was a fairly decent actor otherwise.

Dirky
06-05-2009, 03:14 AM
At least he went out on a high note with the Kill Bill movies. He was terrific in those. I think my favorite role of his was in Death Race 2000. I also liked him in Boxcar Bertha. He had subtle charisma and screen presence. A very underrated actor. RIP.

cookiepuss
06-05-2009, 03:40 AM
I understand what you're saying its kind of mess up racism prevented lee from getting that role after all he is the greatest kung fu actor of all time.

Actually, Jeet Kune Do. The art he developed.

giovanni_hotel
06-05-2009, 03:49 AM
How is Carradine a sellout? He's a WHITE actor who agreed to play a Chinese character on a TV show.

It sucks for Bruce Lee that the show producers didn't have the guts to cast him in the lead role, but Carradine had nothing to do with that.

cookiepuss
06-05-2009, 03:56 AM

I think only Jet Li could make an argument, as far as acting. (Just my opinion).
Bruce Lee, well......a Master!

Big Jet Li fan, BTW.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-05-2009, 03:56 AM

Rest in Peace sellout

JWBL

Wow

Thats really harsh.

yes.................

You say this as if he owed you money or something.....the main died and/or committed suicide.....he aint even cold yet.
Regardless of what I have said to other members of this forum if ANYONE of them just died I would not be so hateful towards them.
But thats me.

Not trying to pick a fight with you......I just dont think this guy is deserving of such venom.
Have a good day.

for what it's worth the next time you want to throw a retaliation dramatic statement my way you might want to say "iPhone"

Carradine is worth the venom, but that's just my opinion.
He could easily have turned the role down and given the execs at Warner Bros. who stole Lee's series idea a chance to redeem themselves and offer Lee the role but he sold out and took the job.

Warner Bros. attempted to redeem themselves later on casting Brandon Lee as Carradine's son in the movie they produced............too little too late.

If anything, Warner Bros. doing this allowed Lee the ability to go back to Asia and begin his film career with movies like "The Big Boss." So in a way Lee fans like myself should be thankful, but what was done is still fucked up.

Last thing: I really didn't want to continue this here but Jet Li, Jackie Chan, and the plethora of others who have followed don't come close to Lee on the big screen or as a martial artist. I'm biased as a JKD student, so be it, prove me wrong.

werwt22
06-05-2009, 03:58 AM
At least he went out on a high note with the Kill Bill movies. He was terrific in those. I think my favorite role of his was in Death Race 2000. I also liked him in Boxcar Bertha. He had subtle charisma and screen presence. A very underrated actor. RIP.

HA HA. I'm glad you think committing suicide is leaving on a high note.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-05-2009, 03:59 AM
How is Carradine a sellout? He's a WHITE actor who agreed to play a Chinese character on a TV show.

It sucks for Bruce Lee that the show producers didn't have the guts to cast him in the lead role, but Carradine had nothing to do with that.

I'm sure the individuals that offed him in Thailand said the same thing before they walked out of the room............suicide my ass.

Solitary Brother
06-05-2009, 04:03 AM

Rest in Peace sellout

JWBL

Wow

Thats really harsh.

yes.................

But thats me.

Have a good day.

for what it's worth the next time you want to throw a retaliation dramatic statement my way you might want to say "iPhone"

He could easily have turned the role down and given the execs at Warner Bros. who stole Lee's series idea a chance to redeem themselves and offer Lee the role but he sold out and took the job.

Warner Bros. attempted to redeem themselves later on casting Brandon Lee as Carradine's son in the movie they produced............too little too late.

If anything, Warner Bros. doing this allowed Lee the ability to go back to Asia and begin his film career with movies like "The Big Boss." So in a way Lee fans like myself should be thankful, but what was done is still fucked up.

Last thing: I really didn't want to continue this here but Jet Li, Jackie Chan, and the plethora of others who have followed don't come close to Lee on the big screen or as a martial artist. I'm biased as a JKD student, so be it, prove me wrong.

Remember when I said "behind the scenes bastards"?
They did this not Carradine.
They were not going to cast an Asian......dont you get that?
Besides the show might not have been as good with Bruce Lee anyway.
Bruce Lee is the greatest martial artist ever not the greatest actor.
For your information I have a book on punching by a Martial Arts grandmaster{Asian person} and its very good.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-05-2009, 04:06 AM

Rest in Peace sellout

JWBL

Wow

Thats really harsh.

yes.................

But thats me.

Have a good day.

Remember when I said "behind the scenes bastards"?
They did this not Carradine.
They were not going to cast an Asian......dont you get that?
Besides the show might not have been as good with Bruce Lee anyway.
Bruce Lee is the greatest martial artist ever not the greatest actor.
For your information I have a book on punching by a Martial Arts grandmaster{Asian person} and its very good.

dude, I'm done...............you either brilliantly are looking to piss me off or you really are this stupid that you honestly don't get the point.....
either way feel free to continue I won't be reading...........

Quiet Reflections
06-05-2009, 04:20 AM
first- yeah it sad but i personally don't think it was suicide so I'm not that upset
Second- since when in the course of American history has it ever been too soon to make a joke about the death of someone that is in the public eye. C-list stars always get the worst too.
Third- in life he probably wouldn't spit on any of us let alone grieve a loss of life so lets not make more of it than it is. like i said its sad but you will never catch me mourning for any rich Hollywood icon. I was a fan of Kung-Fu and Mr. Carradine but of course i don't talk ill of the dead unless i personally know them

Trowa
06-05-2009, 04:28 AM
Yeah I read it looked accidental as well because he also had a rope around his junk. Reminds me of that Dolph Lundgren movie where this female serial killer is killing men and making it look like S&M accidents.