PDA

View Full Version : Any Gamers Here?

rockabilly
06-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Hey are there any gamers here. I'm currently going through Fallout 3 ( for the 6th time ) and Bioshock again to get ready for Bioshock 2. :)

bte
06-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Hey are there any gamers here. I'm currently going through Fallout 3 ( for the 6th time ) and Bioshock again to get ready for Bioshock 2. :)

I'm a PS3 gamer. At the moment I am playing UFC Undisputed. I sold my version of Fallout 3 because of no DLC. Although the day after I sold out, I heard they were releasing all the DLC for the PS3 this month I believe. Also will be releasing a Game of the Year edition with Fallout 3 and all the DLC on one disc.

rockabilly
06-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Hi whos that in your avatar? Hawt... The only DLC confirmed in the Game of the year edition is The Pitt & Operation Anchorage. As far as i know Broken Steel and the 2 other DLCs wont be on the disc. I hope that changes cause it would be awesome to have them all in one package.

LuciaMiel
06-01-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm playing "The World Ends With You" on my DS right now, one of the most creative and unique games I've ever experienced.

Legend
06-01-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm currently playing ufc undisputed and rock band 2.

bte
06-02-2009, 01:33 AM
Hi whos that in your avatar? Hawt... The only DLC confirmed in the Game of the year edition is The Pitt & Operation Anchorage. As far as i know Broken Steel and the 2 other DLCs wont be on the disc. I hope that changes cause it would be awesome to have them all in one package.

The person in my avatar is Mana from the band (ex) Malice Mizer. Oh well I hope Broken Steel is added to the GOTY.

Ryz
06-02-2009, 03:43 AM
Right now I'm playing inFAMOUS.

icarus2112
06-02-2009, 07:42 AM
On Xbox 360 I have been playing Fallout 3, Gears of War 2, Call Of Duty World At War, as the most recent games,

On PS3 I have been playing Resistance Fall of man 2, Drakes Fortune and Motorstorm pacific rim.

Most recently since buying a decent gaming Laptop (Asus G50VT) I revisited Fallout 3 to be able to play mods and other DLC and and currently have Oblivion in the disk drive just to compare PC to Xbox 360.

Definitely looking forward to Bioshock 2.

notdrunk
06-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Currently, I am playing Resident Evil 5 on 360. I am just working on getting all the single player achievements to kill the time. I have to get "They're ACTION Figures!" achievement and I am done.

I will start Fallout 3 again when the last two DLCs come out. I already have the first two DLCs but not Broken Steel.

RubyTS
06-02-2009, 08:47 AM
im a Resident Evil fan. Been addicted since i was 17... that was 1 year ago (lol) :P I haven't gotten ps3 yet, so im still on RE4 on my ps2. Amazing game! Manhunt 2 is pretty cool too. Also wanna start working on marvel ultimate alliance. I know im late. Time to upgrade. Maybe one of these days.... I heard RE5 is off the hook! Also heard Mortal Combat vs DC was hott too.

rameses2
06-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Hey, rockabilly, it's rameses2, from TGT! Anywhozle, Microsoft had their premiere at E3 today and TOTATLLY PWN'D Sony by getting MSG: Rizing. But, hopefully, like FFXIII, it will only be available in Nippon.

lupinIII
06-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Kinda, I haven't seriously played a game since Prince of Persia came out. And I probably won't play again till Assassin's Creed 2, unless someone breaks out the Wii Tennis at a drunken house party.

I still like gaming culture in general though. I read gaming webcomics, watch Zero Punctuation (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation) reviews and, hell, at the end of the year I'm getting a few of these tattooed along my arm.

http://absolutist.com/tetris/tetris_figures.jpg

rockabilly
06-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi Rameses , You here too? I think Microsoft really has nothing to lose this year. Halo ODST will appease Halo fanboys & fangirls. Great third party support , Live arcade , Netflix etc. They could even do a holiday price cut. Sony has gotta lower the PS3's price if they want to regain market dominance. $400 is to much for me since i only want to play maybe 5 PS3 exclusives. And i have my Wii and 360 to entertain me " Are you not entertained!?! " - Gladiator

eclipsemint
06-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Most current games I've been playing are Bioshock (that's some freaky shit happening in that game), and before that Halo Wars (go Arby), Fallout 3 (completed twice), Oblivion and Tom Clancy's Endwar.

I have about a dozen xbox and a dozen 360 games that I keep, and the rest I tend to trade back for newer games.

Can't play online at the mo'...on a budget.

Trowa
06-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Mostly Street Fighter IV and UFC 2009 on PS3

rockabilly
06-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Hi eclipsemint, I hear ya bout budget man. In this tough economy every penny you can save counts. I'm forced to wait for price drops to get the hot new games. After paying off debt and my Grams's medical expenses and her meds bills just keep piling up. But i have a game fund set up. I'm definitely gettin Wolverine, Batman - Arkham Asylum, Punch Out, and Bioshock 2 .

Ryz
06-02-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm hoping to see a new Zelda, Pikman and Earthbound game from Nintendo, instead of all that casual bull shit from last year.

eclipsemint
06-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Rockabilly, you and I would have great conversations over a beer...xbox 360 games, Doctor Who, Carolina Panthers...life is good, yeah!!

lupinIII
06-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Ryz, Nintendo's already announced a new Zelda on DS. It looks like the previous DS one except instead of a boat you're on a train.

bte
06-02-2009, 05:15 PM
im a Resident Evil fan. Been addicted since i was 17... that was 1 year ago (lol) :P I haven't gotten ps3 yet, so im still on RE4 on my ps2. Amazing game! Manhunt 2 is pretty cool too. Also wanna start working on marvel ultimate alliance. I know im late. Time to upgrade. Maybe one of these days.... I heard RE5 is off the hook! Also heard Mortal Combat vs DC was hott too.

Resident Evil 5 is pretty sweet. The only problem that I had with it is that when the character shoots then it just stands there. For some reason the character cannot move and shoot at the same time. It's annoying when 4 zombies are running at you.

bte
06-02-2009, 05:17 PM
On Xbox 360 I have been playing Fallout 3, Gears of War 2, Call Of Duty World At War, as the most recent games,

On PS3 I have been playing Resistance Fall of man 2, Drakes Fortune and Motorstorm pacific rim.

Most recently since buying a decent gaming Laptop (Asus G50VT) I revisited Fallout 3 to be able to play mods and other DLC and and currently have Oblivion in the disk drive just to compare PC to Xbox 360.

Whats your rank in Resistance 2? I play that game almost everyday.

alyssats
06-02-2009, 05:33 PM
I like Wii especially wii sports tennis im above level 2000 already

go Maria Sharapova!

LibertyHarkness
06-02-2009, 05:46 PM
I am having it at the moment on a game called DEAD SPACE on the 360, its so scary i piss my panties alittle each night when i play it ..

rockabilly
06-02-2009, 06:07 PM
They have already said that the next Resident Evil will be a big change over pt 5. Maybe you will be able to move & shoot! Dead Space is very good. So Liberty , your location is in my dreams ? Someone knock me out and dont wake me up. ;)

runamok
06-03-2009, 12:27 AM
Yes, Dead Space was a great surprise. Hope they sold enough copies to earn a DS sequel next year.

Right now I'm fighting aliens in Blacksite: Area 51 on the 360 and GTA:Chinatown on the DS.

Anybody checking out the coverage from this year's E3? Halo 3:ODST looks really noice! And God Of War 3 looks AMAZING!!!!

rockabilly
06-03-2009, 12:59 AM
I'm just gonna catch G4's wrapup special. Alot of the press conferences got boring. I already know the games i want this year, most of the games talked about wont be out till after christmas.

bte
06-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Hideo Kojima announced the next Metal Gear Solid game will be on 360. Looks like PS3 has lost another exclusive yet again.

rockabilly
06-03-2009, 01:18 AM
Console exclusives from 3rd party developers will be a thing of the past. Next gen games cost so much to develop that they will have to plan on multi platform releases in order to make a profit. You might see exclusivity windows, like how Bioshock was a 360 and PC exclusive but eventually came to PS3.

Legend
06-03-2009, 01:19 AM
Hideo Kojima announced the next Metal Gear Solid game will be on 360. Looks like PS3 has lost another exclusive yet again.

I don't why so many people get caught up in exclusives.

GIRUGAMESH
06-03-2009, 01:25 AM
a ps3 can be easily converted into a home theater & media PC with http://tversity.com/ and other free software so you can stream hulu.com or downloaded HD movies right to your TV. plus it comes with a Blu-Ray player ftw

bte
06-03-2009, 01:28 AM
Is anyone getting the new Batman game thats coming out in June 23 (I think). I know that Prototype comes out next week. Anyone getting that?

rockabilly
06-03-2009, 01:35 AM
I'm getting Batman...but i think it's been delayed. All the ads now say summer instead of Jun. 23.

Ryz
06-03-2009, 01:35 AM
Super Mario Galaxy 2 looks crazy!

icarus2112
06-03-2009, 06:52 AM

Whats your rank in Resistance 2? I play that game almost everyday.

I havent played in a bit and dont play online, I suck too much and just become target practice to the good players online,

smoof
06-03-2009, 07:23 AM
been playing half life the orange box. the first and second episodes are great but half life portal......... love that game so much makes you really think and usually in half life games you just shoot everything

haha i have always wanted to play these levels on super mario but man i just know it would drive me crazy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koMIQipNbeA

JamesHunt
06-03-2009, 07:42 AM
been getting into these retro games released late 90's, early 00's. They play fast as fuck on a modern PC. Playing Red Faction at the mo, released 2000/2001

Justawannabe
06-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Been playing through Mass Effect again since I saw the clips for the new one. Left for Dead otherwise on the housemates 360... need to get my own, but her's just sits there all day, wouldn't want it to go to waste.

LibertyHarkness
06-03-2009, 12:23 PM
I think dead space has sold enough units to warrant that :)

resident evil, i hope they take it back to the format of the original resi 1 /2 games exploration/puzzle game ....the new ones are fun but they are not the same feel as the original which i loved so much :)

Hehe yes in dreams awwww dont pinch yourself :) xxxx

Tell you another little gem of a game on xbox if you like quick fun ...Jason rise of the argonauts, its violent simple, messy and visually fab :)

Yes, Dead Space was a great surprise. Hope they sold enough copies to earn a DS sequel next year.

Right now I'm fighting aliens in Blacksite: Area 51 on the 360 and GTA:Chinatown on the DS.

Anybody checking out the coverage from this year's E3? Halo 3:ODST looks really noice! And God Of War 3 looks AMAZING!!!!

rockabilly
06-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Hey Liberty, Pinching myself ... not what i'm doin ;) And i think the RE team is getting inspiration from Gears of War and its gameplay. Although i wish that they would remake RE2 using the graphics of RE4 or RE5 as i feel part 2 was the best of the classic RE games.

LibertyHarkness
06-03-2009, 01:12 PM
yeah resi 2 was mint.. i enjoy the more shoot em type but i do enjoy the survival horror theme of 1/2/3 as well.. be nice if they could implement that with better shooting/combat system and some co-op online play

rockabilly
06-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Hey Liberty , have you played left 4 dead? They are remaking RE2 - Code Veronica sorta ... They condensed them into a rail shooter. Yeah ... a rail shooter. If you like Dead Space then you might enjoy this new movie called i think Pandorum. Really creepy.

lupinIII
06-03-2009, 06:21 PM
I just saw a couple of videos for Batman: Arkham Asylum. While I'm not a huge fan of the graphic design, I quite like the ultra gritty and dark art-style. It seems very conducive to the super-oppressive vibe of an insane asylum full of the most deviant evil mother-frakkers in comic-book-dom.

The gameplay looks really good too. Fun-fluid combat, pretty cool strategic stealth elements. Looks very much how I imagine Batman would take out a roomful of deranged thugs.

So that, and Assassin's Creed 2, oh and that new Metroid! That game looks tight!

alyssats
06-03-2009, 08:01 PM
xbox Project natal: no controller required

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_txF7iETX0

rockabilly
06-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Project Natal looks neat, but will it only be applied to simple mini or casual games or will big developers build Natal functionality in their games?

Legend
06-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Wow they really are trying to cash in on the wii but i doubt that will happen if people wanted that type of motion gaming they will get a wii.