PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin's Hypocrisy on Teen Sex

Ben
05-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Sarah Palin's Outrageous Hypocrisy on Teen Sex

By Matt Taibbi, True/Slant. Posted May 27, 2009.

Palin knew her daughter was having sex in her own house. What does it take to get discredited as a right-wing "family values" merchant these days?

.................................................. ...................................

So step right up and buy your “I’m SEXY enough… to make you wait!” t-shirts, courtesy of the Candie’s Foundation — the pro-abstinence group whose ambassador is now America’s most famous “Oh, fuck it, it feels better without the rubber” Supermom, Bristol Palin!

So on a flight to London over the weekend I caught the Bristol Palin magazine cover and was blown away. What does it take to get discredited as a moralizing right-wing ”family values” merchant these days?

It was one thing when we found out that super-religious governor Palin was letting Bristol’s hunkface beef accessory Levi nail her daughter more or less regularly under the family roof. It was another when we found out that the governor’s sister-in-law got popped for a B&E while her little daughter was waiting outside in the car. And it was still another thing when we found out that Levi’s Mom was going to eat a bust for dealing Oxycontin (and there’s apparently a lot behind the governor’s interest in that story).

For the most part, none of this stuff is any of our business — we all have family members with issues, although mine tend to leave their kids at home when they go out to commit burglaries to support their drug habits.

But this abstinence thing with Bristol, to me, is just too much. This sort of thing always grosses me out: this country has way too many people who do stuff like this, dragging their helpless minor kids with them on national media tours or publishing lengthy parenting memoirs in which their unwitting babies play starring roles as props in Mom’s narcissistic fantasies.

But this goes even beyond that. This poor little kid is going to grow up someday and find out she’s been brand-marketed to the human species by Madison Avenue as The Great Mistake.

Bristol’s quote about how girls need to close their eyes and imagine spending the rest of their lives with a screaming baby before they have sex — her daughter is someday going to cough that line up, through sobs, in her fourth or fifth year of very expensive therapy. If this little kid isn’t hooked on black baggy clothes and cutting by age 11 I’ll be shocked.

But beyond that, Bristol’s casual statement about deciding not to get married after all, about how it would have been a disaster, I just don’t get how this works, politically. How can a Republican presidential candidate (and let’s not fool ourselves, Sarah Palin is already that) publicly endorse unwed teen mothering? Am I missing something?

a994
05-30-2009, 09:39 AM
It's only immoral if a Democrat does it. Remember that. ;)

runamok
05-31-2009, 07:45 AM
Fake cross-humpers like Palin are just pure white trash. No amount of coaching, or dress-up will hide the fact. Whenever they fuck up they run to their invisible sugar-daddy and make a public show to ask for forgiveness and hit the reset button.

All their lies and sins are instantly evaporated. Religion is for the weak & guilty.

arnie666
05-31-2009, 09:05 AM
So you liberal wankers are still moaning about her? She lost get over it. And you think the kenyan trickster, who's grandfather was a MaU Mau, and his woe is me wife is any better?

It really intrigues me why she is kept being mentioned by you lot. Is it because she is a straight white pretty christian women with values who has made herself an excellent career without playing the victim card like some others do. If she was a Black ,disabled ,Queer or a single mom I bet you would love her.

Seriously what a bunch of miserable cunts.

Alyssa87
05-31-2009, 09:26 AM
^^ i could care less about her being a hypocrite,

i think the left keeps throwing jabs at her because shes so impossibly dumb. and truly, its hilarious.

giovanni_hotel
05-31-2009, 09:28 AM
It's because Palin and the GOP had the nerve to think she was ready in any sense of the word to be President.

It's about the same as Dubya nominating his personal attorney Harriet Myers to be a SC justice.

DUmb with an extra helping of stoopid!!

BLKGSXR
05-31-2009, 09:28 AM

i think the left keeps throwing jabs at her because shes so impossibly dumb. and truly, its hilarious.no that bitch is beyond dumb, in all seriousness shes a fucking moronic individual who does not deserve recognition from anyone... :2cent

arnie666
05-31-2009, 09:50 AM

i think the left keeps throwing jabs at her because shes so impossibly dumb. and truly, its hilarious.

No the media tells you she is dumb.And they actually lie ,like the what she was supposed to have said about Africa which they had to retract. I mean seriously how could anyone truly dumb be allowed to be governor of Alaska.

And many qualifications doesn't always mean someone is a great leader.Most of the UK's current cabinet are lawyers. And look at the shambles we are in?

God I find it so hard to argue with someone who looks as good as you!

arnie666
05-31-2009, 09:51 AM

i think the left keeps throwing jabs at her because shes so impossibly dumb. and truly, its hilarious.no that bitch is beyond dumb, in all seriousness shes a fucking moronic individual who does not deserve recognition from anyone... :2cent

Yet you and your ilk keep giving her recognition in the media....

I mean serious if she is as truly pathetic as you lot make out , surely it's best to ignore her and hope she goes away?

Leaving aside her stupid she is, can't you see how stupid that looks?

Alyssa87
05-31-2009, 09:54 AM

No the media tells you she is dumb.And they actually lie ,like the what she was supposed to have said about Africa which they had to retract. I mean seriously how could anyone truly dumb be allowed to be governor of Alaska.

And many qualifications doesn't always mean someone is a great leader.Most of the UK's current cabinet are lawyers. And look at the shambles we are in?

well please try. i like to argue with intelligent people.

its clear that the woman lacks speaking skills and has little feel for syntax.
the media isnt preparing her speeches.

muhmuh
05-31-2009, 09:54 AM
And many qualifications doesn't always mean someone is a great leader.Most of the UK's current cabinet are lawyers.

who are little more than one step ahead of businessmen in the intelligence food chain

MrF
05-31-2009, 09:55 AM
A President needs an IQ of ~120 to 140, plus other qualities like experience, political talent, good judgement, calm temperament. I think Palin was at low end of this IQ range and not very experienced, but I definitely would not call her a "moron". BTW, you would not want a "genius" either - most of them are crazy with no social skill.

I don't see any hypocrisy: she can believe one thing and then her kids do something else. Life happens.

arnie666
05-31-2009, 10:13 AM

well please try. i like to argue with intelligent people.

its clear that the woman lacks speaking skills and has little feel for syntax.
the media isnt preparing her speeches.

You mention preparation ,which is the key point here. The Mcain camp dropped the ball I feel ,if they were going to pick her ,she seemed totally out of her depth with critical journalists and I personally feel she had perhaps not enough experience on the international level for example to be VP.

But I do feel there is something about her that draws people to her and not just her looks. Whether fans or enemies.I actually think the down to earth way she speaks helps rather than hinders witht he common man.Perhaps not with left leaning college grads I admit that. During the election she had massive turnouts when she was touring. Even now there is a fascination.

I do think a hatchet job was done by the majority of the media who wanted Obama.And I do feel she got unfair coverage .I also feel sexism played a part as it did for Hillary. There is no such thing as unbiased media. The right has it's networks and talk shows also.Not denying it.