PDA

View Full Version : Dollhouse

lupinIII
05-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Did anyone catch the first season?

I gotta say, until the last 2 episodes I thought it was a complete and utter pile of shit.

Now it's upgraded to a tiny bit more favorable than a complete pile of shit.

I think Whedon has lost his edge.

What do other people think?

fred41
05-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Yeah...I'm not so sure if it's the writing or the fact that the main star - Eliza Dushku, while very pretty, doesn't have the charisma to carry a television show.

Ecstatic
05-23-2009, 08:19 PM
It seemed like Whedon was phoning it in for most of the season, though there were a handful of good episodes. So much potential, so little delivery. Hardly up to the level of Buffy, Angel, Firefly, or his Astonishing X-Men comics. In fact, I think Whedon is far more focused on Buffy Season Eight (the Dark Horse comic--excellent!) than on Dollhouse. But they renewed it, so maybe there's hope yet. (My understanding was that it was a toss up between Dollhouse and TSCC, and that TSCC costs a good deal more to produce, so that's the one that got canned. Now what is Summer Glau going to do for an encore?)

Alyssa87
05-23-2009, 08:19 PM
i forgot about this show. havent seen it in like 3 weeks.

whoops!

lupinIII
05-24-2009, 04:30 AM
Yeah, you really can't be blamed for forgetting this show, it was rather unmemorable.

I can't say I've ever been a huge fan of Joss Whedon's comic writing, it doesn't have the same flow of his usual dialogue. Plus other comic book writers do 'the Whedon style' in comics much better than Whedon himself. I recall all of my favourite issues of Season 8 have been done by people who aren't him.

Same with Astonishing X. While it was pretty cool it never set my world on fire.