PDA

View Full Version : Grooby sites are down

vandamme
05-19-2009, 08:00 AM
There are some days by now all Grooby sites are down!
As a member of a couple of these sites, and spending good money for nothing, I'm very very disappointed as the problem has not been fixed while the time is passing... :evil:

phobun
05-19-2009, 08:16 AM
As a member of a couple of these sites, and spending good money for nothing, I'm very very disappointed as the problem has not been fixed while the time is passing... :evil:

Dude lighten up. The Grooby content gives something for everyone and is worth a minor inconvenience now and then. Some of the post-ops are hotter than hell on those sites. Som's pussy is unbelievable, and even that Daisy girl looks tough with her tats but sounds like such a sweetheart.

You'll survive. Even those loser social networking sites and youtube go down for maintenance occasionally.

GroobySteven
05-19-2009, 09:04 AM

Absolutely bollocks. We have over 99% uptime.
Are you logging in from Thailand or another country where our sites are blocked?

AmyDaly
05-19-2009, 09:06 AM
i can log in.

GroobySteven
05-19-2009, 09:09 AM
i can log in.

Well hello there ... :twisted:

Bob's Tgirls
05-19-2009, 11:40 AM
I just got into 3 grooby sites. It maybe a problem at your location or between your location and their servers.

When you go to any site there are a number of nodes that communication must go through between you and that server. If there is a failure anywhere in that chain then the site can appear to be down although there is nothing wrong with that site or your system. This has happened to me before where some people could not access my site for a couple of days based on their location and ISP.

flabbybody
05-19-2009, 01:39 PM

Are you logging in from Thailand or another country where our sites are blocked?

To be fair, I experienced some log in issues using the AOL 9.1 browser when the shemaleyum site rolled out its new platform. With the assistance of a Grooby customer service person, I downloaded firefox and a newer version of Windows media player. The problem was resolved in a few days

vandamme
05-19-2009, 01:50 PM

I use a Mac and my browser is Safari. I haven't had any problem with Grooby sites before... and I presently live in Italy.
I'm not blaming with grooby for the inconvenience... only to know if there's a big technical problem or not. I also know these things can happen 8)

dbev
05-19-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm having problems from Italy

dbev
05-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Cannot find "http://join.shemalejapan.com/track/desus;1240692:revshare:sjpn/"

DNS Error - Server cannot be found

Cannot find "http://www.grooby.com/promo/YUM/samanthaH1041.jpg"

DNS Error - Server cannot be found

vandamme
05-19-2009, 04:38 PM
even using Firefox cannot reach the server... if there's a big technical problem from Italy and maybe other EU countries or simply with Mac users I think they at Grooby should check and try fix it, just to meet their customers' rights. They are involved in this business after all and they don't do it surely for free... if not, I guess they'll loose their customers overseas.
I simply launched this warning and asked for help, just in case someone else has the same problem... at least I see I'm not alone here :roll:

AmyDaly
05-19-2009, 04:41 PM
i can log in.

Well hello there ... :twisted:

Oh Hai there :shock:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

GroobySteven
05-19-2009, 07:29 PM
even using Firefox cannot reach the server... if there's a big technical problem from Italy and maybe other EU countries or simply with Mac users I think they at Grooby should check and try fix it, just to meet their customers' rights. They are involved in this business after all and they don't do it surely for free... if not, I guess they'll loose their customers overseas.
I simply launched this warning and asked for help, just in case someone else has the same problem... at least I see I'm not alone here :roll:

So it's just from Italy?
Of course we'll try and fix it - or at least see what the problem is. Did you try emailing our customer service at customerservice@grooby.com ?

The rest of the EU seems to be fine as our updaters and support staff are in Europe.

neilmc
05-19-2009, 08:07 PM
vandamme, I work for Grooby, could you please send me the results of a traceroute to one of the sites you are having problems accessing.

If that fails could you then do a traceroute to 62.93.229.70 which is the IP address of shemaleyum.com

My email is : neil (at) grooby.com

If you are unsure how to do a traceroute on a mac, here's a link that might help :

http://www.verio.com/support/documents/view_article.cfm?doc_id=3693

Thanks

Neil

vandamme
05-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Yes Seanchai I sent them an email explaying the problem... no answer till now but hope they'll do the best to fix it... I've been a steady member of grooby sites for years and nothing similar has ever happened... and can't do anything against it :(
Really hope this technical trouble will be verified and repaired soon since there are current updates I'd like to see... if not I feel like I threw my money on fire, while the only thing I can do now is to cancel my subscriptions and stop wasting it for nothing :evil:

vandamme
05-19-2009, 08:18 PM
vandamme, I work for Grooby, could you please send me the results of a traceroute to one of the sites you are having problems accessing.

If that fails could you then do a traceroute to 62.93.229.70 which is the IP address of shemaleyum.com

My email is : neil (at) grooby.com

If you are unsure how to do a traceroute on a mac, here's a link that might help :

http://www.verio.com/support/documents/view_article.cfm?doc_id=3693

Thanks

Neil
ok done I'm sending you an email with a word file containing all the results of traceroute :)

vandamme
05-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Neil really hope you can help me and other people with the same inconvenience to see the Grooby sites again!
Many thanks! :wink:

dbev
05-20-2009, 12:38 AM
At 99.99% is a problem with Fastweb.

vandamme
05-20-2009, 01:12 AM
At 99.99% is a problem with Fastweb.
Maybe, maybe not...
Anyway when we are speaking of fastweb.it we are speaking about a total of 1,542,300 customers (as they were on 03.31.2009) for the 2nd main internet provider in Italy, that's considered the fastest too...
I never had any problems with fastweb.it till 2-3 days ago... now there's some unknown technical problem that should be fixed I think... I sent an email to grooby customer care (customerservice@grooby.com) with no reply... then provided Neil (see his reply for help on this thread) all the information he needed (traceroute test and even my IP address) but no more replies from him too... :roll:
As a matter of fact every issues concerning Grooby sites (not only the sites themselves but even related blogs) can't access their server, just as they simply don't exist... ok it's a matter of 3rd, 4th World but here it is... at this point if they don't care to fix this problem I'm sorry to say the only thing one million and half of potential Italian customers can do is to cancel their current subscriptions since they can't get what they paid for... :(

dgs925
05-20-2009, 01:14 AM
Wow, that's a great and interesting story, could you tell us more?

saganami
05-20-2009, 01:43 AM
I think AOL here in the UK blocks the Grooby network and bob's site (or vise versa), as I have to use a proxy to get them, and have had to for almost a year.

dbev
05-20-2009, 02:22 AM
I believe that is Fastweb because, if you use a www.hidemyass.com, you can see the Grooby sites.

Therefore, it could be:
either that something originated from the Fastweb's network and was blocked by other ISPs (it happened many times in the past with the TIN - Telecom Italia Network);
or Fastweb is blocking those IP addresses. In this case, if you are - like myself - a Fastweb's customer, send an email to abuse@fastweb.it explaining them that some IP addresses have been blocked by themselves

I hope that Grooby will try to understand what the problem is and, if the problem lays with Fastweb, tell us the list of IP addresses that need to be unblocked. I think that they should all start with: 62.93.229.XXX

I did a quick check and addresses from 62.93.229.0 to 62.93.229.115 are not working.

vandamme
05-20-2009, 03:17 AM
Many thanks for your clear and useful reply dbev! :D
Hope they at Grooby really try to understand what kind of problem is and fix it... I suppose there are many of their customers among us.
Thanks for the link to the proxy, I tried it and is ok but not only the download is slower but I strongly suspect they could steal your username/pw :roll:
But if I don't get the complete list of Grooby IPs I think there's nothing I can do to eventually ask Fastweb to unblock them.
All this matter is a real shame! :evil:
Many thanks again for your kind help at least to understand what's happening, since the Grooby customer assistance or even Neil haven't replied yet!
:wink:

GroobySteven
05-20-2009, 05:45 AM
Hope they at Grooby really try to understand what kind of problem is and fix it... I suppose there are many of their customers among us.
Thanks for the link to the proxy, I tried it and is ok but not only the download is slower but I strongly suspect they could steal your username/pw :roll:
But if I don't get the complete list of Grooby IPs I think there's nothing I can do to eventually ask Fastweb to unblock them.
Many thanks again for your kind help at least to understand what's happening, since the Grooby customer assistance or even Neil haven't replied yet!

We're dealing with this but I'm getting tired of your implications that we're not taking this seriously - or that there is a problem with our customer service.

I'm sorry that YOUR isp has decided to block our servers for some reasons, we're working on it and hope to hear back from your ISP as to why, as it's been evening in Europe since we first saw this message about problems from Italy, then it's unlikely that we can do anything, until we hear from your isp.

Thanks
seanchai

dbev
05-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Dear Sean,
we know that yours is a serious company, maybe vandamme would have liked to have a reply telling him that you were dealing with the problem. Now, he had it.

Let us know how things develop.

By the way, Vandamme, you should change the title of this topic into: Grooby sites currently not working with Fastweb

brown bugler
05-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone could help out, I see that some of the guys are having problems with AOL & grooby sites, I've been having that problem, I managed to get it working on my desktop but none of the grooby sites will load on any of my wi-fi laptops in the house network. I can only open the grooby sites in the AOL browser on my desktop but cannot download any video or photo sets. just wondering what the others did to sort it out, any help appreiciated, thanks.

vandamme
05-20-2009, 07:08 PM
We're dealing with this but I'm getting tired of your implications that we're not taking this seriously - or that there is a problem with our customer service.
I'm sorry that YOUR isp has decided to block our servers for some reasons, we're working on it and hope to hear back from your ISP as to why, as it's been evening in Europe since we first saw this message about problems from Italy, then it's unlikely that we can do anything, until we hear from your isp.
Thanks
seanchai
Seanchai,
I'm sorry you're tired dealing with Grooby customers overseas... but consider is not MY problem but at least 1 million 1/2 people using the same ISP... we are speaking of the 2nd big ISP in Italy... Initially I politely asked for help thinking it was a generalized problem since I've been a Grooby subscriber for years, and nothing like this has ever happened... I was thinking about a big hacker's attack or the change of some servers or even some problems with my browsers... then thanks to the kind contribute of some members here I realized 99% it's my ISP that has blocked the access to all Grooby's IPs for some unknown reasons... I only launched a warning trying to help to find a solution... as a single customer probably there's nothing I can do... but even if I'm sad I can't access any Grooby sites and nobody effectively take care of all the Italian customers' rights I think I can cancel my subscriptions and still survive... it's not my business after all :twisted:

GroobySteven
05-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks
seanchai
Seanchai,
I'm sorry you're tired dealing with Grooby customers overseas... but consider is not MY problem but at least 1 million 1/2 people using the same ISP... we are speaking of the 2nd big ISP in Italy... Initially I politely asked for help thinking it was a generalized problem since I've been a Grooby subscriber for years, and nothing like this has ever happened... I was thinking about a big hacker's attack or the change of some servers or even some problems with my browsers... then thanks to the kind contribute of some members here I realized 99% it's my ISP that has blocked the access to all Grooby's IPs for some unknown reasons... I only launched a warning trying to help to find a solution... as a single customer probably there's nothing I can do... but even if I'm sad I can't access any Grooby sites and nobody effectively take care of all the Italian customers' rights I think I can cancel my subscriptions and still survive... it's not my business after all :twisted:

Ho-hum, here we go again.
No I'm not tired of working with any customers, I'm tired of your comments stating we're doing nothing - or that we don't care, there is a very clear distinction and your English is excellent, so I know you understand. Certainly with the "devils smile" at the end, you know your being an ass about it.

We have an excellent customer service at customerservice@grooby.com which you could have emailed at anytime instead of waiting for me to "possibly" see this forum (you could have PM'd me it would have been faster).
Grooby sites are NOT DOWN. Your ISP is causing a problem, we are trying to resolve this problem as fast as we can but as it's unique and the first time it's happened, we don't have an immediate answer.
Thanks for your patience. If you want to cancel in the meantime, you can go to ccbill.com or email us at the customerservice@grooby.com email.

Thanks
seanchai

vandamme
05-20-2009, 07:20 PM
I believe that is Fastweb because, if you use a www.hidemyass.com, you can see the Grooby sites.

Therefore, it could be:
either that something originated from the Fastweb's network and was blocked by other ISPs (it happened many times in the past with the TIN - Telecom Italia Network);
or Fastweb is blocking those IP addresses. In this case, if you are - like myself - a Fastweb's customer, send an email to abuse@fastweb.it explaining them that some IP addresses have been blocked by themselves

I hope that Grooby will try to understand what the problem is and, if the problem lays with Fastweb, tell us the list of IP addresses that need to be unblocked. I think that they should all start with: 62.93.229.XXX

I did a quick check and addresses from 62.93.229.0 to 62.93.229.115 are not working.
Hi dbev,
could you please identify all the blocked Grooby IPs just to send an email to fastweb asking to unblock them? I myself cannot. Hope this can help to solve this problem.
Even if I see also other people from other countries seem to have the same access problems... :?
Many thanks! :wink:

GroobySteven
05-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Dear Sean,
we know that yours is a serious company, maybe vandamme would have liked to have a reply telling him that you were dealing with the problem. Now, he had it.

Let us know how things develop.

By the way, Vandamme, you should change the title of this topic into: Grooby sites currently not working with Fastweb

We're working on it, thanks for all the info.
seanchai

GroobySteven
05-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone could help out, I see that some of the guys are having problems with AOL & grooby sites, I've been having that problem, I managed to get it working on my desktop but none of the grooby sites will load on any of my wi-fi laptops in the house network. I can only open the grooby sites in the AOL browser on my desktop but cannot download any video or photo sets. just wondering what the others did to sort it out, any help appreiciated, thanks.

There have always been AOL problems with adult sites, since AOL began.
Have you tried another browser? Download firefox from mozilla.org and that should provide you an excellent surfing experience while still logging onto the internet via AOL.

dgs925
05-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone could help out, I see that some of the guys are having problems with AOL & grooby sites, I've been having that problem, I managed to get it working on my desktop but none of the grooby sites will load on any of my wi-fi laptops in the house network. I can only open the grooby sites in the AOL browser on my desktop but cannot download any video or photo sets. just wondering what the others did to sort it out, any help appreiciated, thanks.Well, AOL sucks so maybe a real ISP is in order?

vandamme
05-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Thanks
seanchai
Seanchai,

No I'm not tired of working with any customers, I'm tired of your comments stating we're doing nothing - or that we don't care, there is a very clear distinction and your English is excellent, so I know you understand. Certainly with the "devils smile" at the end, you know your being an ass about it.

We have an excellent customer service at customerservice@grooby.com which you could have emailed at anytime instead of waiting for me to "possibly" see this forum (you could have PM'd me it would have been faster).
Grooby sites are NOT DOWN. Your ISP is causing a problem, we are trying to resolve this problem as fast as we can but as it's unique and the first time it's happened, we don't have an immediate answer.
Thanks for your patience. If you want to cancel in the meantime, you can go to ccbill.com or email us at the customerservice@grooby.com email.

Thanks
seanchai
Seanchai,
I immediately sent an email (it was yesterday) to customerservice@grooby.com care explaying the problem and asking for help, but I still haven't got any reply. Ok probably it's an excellent customer service, but I'm not stating they are doing nothing, I'm only stating how things are going.
I thought I could find people here with the same access problems and I'm only asking and trying to be of some help to find a solution. It's not my intention to accuse anybody and especially you about this inconvenience. As I stated before, it's not my business after all... (no devil's smile this time 8) )
Being a pragmatic person, in the meanwhile I canceled my subscriptions already, just in case Grooby can't resolve this problem.
Thanks for your patience Seanchai and for your kind replies! :wink:

GroobySteven
05-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Thanks
seanchai
Seanchai,

Thanks
seanchai
Seanchai,
I immediately sent an email (it was yesterday) to customerservice@grooby.com care explaying the problem and asking for help, but I still haven't got any reply. Ok probably it's an excellent customer service, but I'm not stating they are doing nothing, I'm only stating how things are going.
I thought I could find people here with the same access problems and I'm only asking and trying to be of some help to find a solution. It's not my intention to accuse anybody and especially you about this inconvenience. As I stated before, it's not my business after all... (no devil's smile this time 8) )
Being a pragmatic person, in the meanwhile I canceled my subscriptions already, just in case Grooby can't resolve this problem.
Thanks for your patience Seanchai and for your kind replies! :wink:

I wonder if emails also don't get through to @grooby.com from this ISP?
Once we get it resolved - or at least can tell you why it's happening if Fastweb refuse to resolve it with us, then email us again and I'll set you and any other members who didn't have access through this ISP up with some free time on the sites.
My personal email is swg@hawaii.rr.com

vandamme
05-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Seanchai,
many thanks for this last friendly reply :D
Hope this inconvenience will be finally resolved soon and yes, I'll email you just in case Grooby sites will be visible again to the Fastweb's community and you really wanna kindly set me (and other unlucky customers) with some free time on the sites.
Please ask me for every information that could be useful.
Many thanks again! :wink:

dbev
05-20-2009, 11:41 PM
To send an e-mail to Fastweb I need Mr Sean to provide all the IP addresses of the Grooby Galaxy.

saganami
05-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Hi,

There have always been AOL problems with adult sites, since AOL began.
Have you tried another browser? Download firefox from mozilla.org and that should provide you an excellent surfing experience while still logging onto the internet via AOL.

I've used AOL for years and was a member of the Grooby network and Bob's T-girls, this problem only started in Feb of last year, right when AOL & carphone warehouse teamed up, they changed the IP range and the servers we connect through, instead of being AOL servers they are now Opel Telecom servers. I haven't used any of thier (shite) software in years, so I know it's not that, as I don't have this problem with any other site.

vandamme
05-21-2009, 12:55 AM
To send an e-mail to Fastweb I need Mr Sean to provide all the IP addresses of the Grooby Galaxy.
Yes I think so... guess it's not an easy matter... every site of the Grooby "galaxy" seem to be unreachable.
Potentially it can be a commercial loss for them, since this way internet "newcomers" interested in adult stuff and particularly into shemales could even ignore completely the existence of Grooby and its many sites... :roll:

matrixdave
05-21-2009, 01:56 AM
I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED THE GROOBY SITES. THEY ARE THE BEST AND NEVER HAVE ANY PROBLEMS. IF SEANCHAI AND ANY OTHERS HERE READ THIS KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC JOB!!!

vandamme
05-21-2009, 03:00 AM
I always loved grooby sites too... and never had any problems before.
That's why I'm so concerned about this technical problem that hope will be resolved soon! 8)

GroobySteven
05-21-2009, 07:26 AM
That's why I'm so concerned about this technical problem that hope will be resolved soon! 8)

... or in the meantime you could take the advice given and use a proxy, you could call Fastweb and ask them why it's not working or you could get a real internet provider that doesn't block you?

You need to understand, this is not from out end - it's from your ISP's end and we will try and sort it out but often larger corporations wouldn't respond to an adult site.

dbev
05-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Seanchai,
tell us the IP addresses of your sites (I don't even know how many sites Grooby owns) and I will send an email to Fastweb in no time.

Thanks.

dbev
05-21-2009, 05:12 PM
I just sent an email to Fastweb, asking them to unblock all the addresses from 62.93.229.0 to 62.93.229.115

GroobySteven
05-21-2009, 08:16 PM
I just sent an email to Fastweb, asking them to unblock all the addresses from 62.93.229.0 to 62.93.229.115

Thanks - as we're unable to check ... can you let me know what happens?

vandamme
05-21-2009, 08:21 PM

... or in the meantime you could take the advice given and use a proxy, you could call Fastweb and ask them why it's not working or you could get a real internet provider that doesn't block you?

You need to understand, this is not from out end - it's from your ISP's end and we will try and sort it out but often larger corporations wouldn't respond to an adult site.
Fastweb can have many defects but is a real internet provider... their customers, just like me, subscribe a contract to use their services, and surely I'll not terminate it only because I can't see some adult sites... :lol:
If Fastweb has effectively blocked Grooby's IPs I suppose it was for a good reason I can't investigate...
Today I received this email from Grooby customer service:
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
There has been a routing problem from our servers which should be fixed now.
Please try again to get on the site. I also recommend that you empty your browsers cache at first to prevent any problems (just delete all temporary internet files and cookies).
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.,
Alex
www.grooby.com
I did what it was requested hoping the problem was finally resolved but unfortunately nothing has changed.
Now I really can't understand who's the effective responsible for what's happening: Fastweb or Grooby with its routing problem from their servers... anyway, I'll send an email to Fastweb asking to verify and eventually unblock the IPs address as showed by dbev...
Thanks!

neilmc
05-21-2009, 08:28 PM

I've been dealing with some other serious problems on our websites over the past 48 hours, these are now resolved.

Someone mentioned this already but our websites IP addresses are all on the 62.93.229.* Class C IP address.

We use various IP's within the 62.93.229.1 to 62.93.229.255 range

vandamme
05-21-2009, 08:36 PM
I strongly suspect some IPs have been banned by Fastweb or by Grooby itself :?
I'm trying to send the email to my provider asking to verify that range of IP addresses but from 1 to 255 we are speaking about not one but 255 addresses! :shock:
I think they'll laugh at me, not to speak about I practically have to do a sort of virtual "outing" telling them I'm so strongly interested in adult shemale sites! :roll:

GroobySteven
05-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Fastweb can have many defects but is a real internet provider... their customers, just like me, subscribe a contract to use their services, and surely I'll not terminate it only because I can't see some adult sites... :lol:

Obviously not as it's blocking some servers and not providing you with full internet access. It's unfortunate that people like you don't speak up when your ISP's do stuff like this ... and terminate your account to choose a better ISP who do provide full access. If my ISP blocked legal sites, I'd move ISP.

If Fastweb has effectively blocked Grooby's IPs I suppose it was for a good reason I can't investigate...
I'm sure they think it's a good reason. However, we fail to find the reason - and as we're accessible from everywhere in Europe (and we think other Italian ISP's apart from Fastweb) then there is no legal reasons. As Fastweb has refused to answer our emails, then there is little we can do.
Our systems are running and being accessed by 1000's of people worldwide an hour.
Maybe they just don't like transsexuals?

Today I received this email from Grooby customer service:
[i]Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
There has been a routing problem from our servers which should be fixed now....
We had a slight problem, which we'd hoped had resolved this. It now seems that it is unrelated.

Now I really can't understand who's the effective responsible for what's happening: Fastweb

As we don't have any problems, this is a FastWeb issue. They're failing to provide you with full internet access.
We're unable to do anything else other than continue to contact Fastweb - but obviously they feel that they're too big to communicate back to us ... or to you their paying members.

vandamme
05-21-2009, 08:49 PM
I strongly suspect some IPs have been banned by Fastweb or by Grooby itself.
I'm trying to send the email to my provider asking to verify that range of IP addresses but from 1 to 255 we are speaking about not one but 255 addresses! :shock:
I think they'll laugh at me, not to speak about I practically have to do a sort of virtual "outing" telling them I'm so strongly interested in adult shemale sites! :roll:

vandamme
05-21-2009, 09:15 PM
anyway... I'm particularly interested and so a subscriber of the following sites:
black-tgirls
shemales-from-hell
Maybe it's easier to ask to verify and eventually unblock at least a couple IPs intead of the entire Grooby galaxy
Please give me their IP addresses to send the email..
Thanks

Bob's Tgirls
05-21-2009, 09:56 PM
I think AOL here in the UK blocks the Grooby network and bob's site (or vise versa), as I have to use a proxy to get them, and have had to for almost a year.

AOL has always been a disaster on one way or another. Besides the problems their browsers have displaying websites AOL alters Windows' settings when it is installed.

The last time I installed it, it screwed up my configuration so bad, I had to uninstall it and do a system restore. I'll never have it on any of my computers again.

dbev
05-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Bob,
obviously the problem is the same for you: 62.93.229.107

I sent an e-mail to Fastweb and I haven't received an answer yet... but you all should ask a lawyer to contact them...

vandamme
05-22-2009, 02:20 AM
The problem for me is to estabilish who banned who...
Why should Fastweb block the access to one or a bunch of IPs? Or vice versa? :?
We don't really know what's really happened.
We are not discussing here of a site that's suddenly closed or temporarily on maintenance or under some big hackers attack... right or wrong, we are discussing about something like 1-255 IPs blocked for some real or suspected "illegal" behaviour and therefore "banned" and made unreachable... I don't understand too much about technical matter, but they at Fastweb should verify and then unblock every single IPs I guess... that's why we can temporarily by-pass the obstacle using a proxy, but I see two problems using it: 1st those proxy sites could steal the passwords so our account could consequently be blocked by Grooby; 2nd at least my Mac become slower and I have to close and restart the browser after using it, since the writing process become strangely much slower...
I think we need patience, since there's nothing we poor customers can do at present, apart from asking for help/assistance and wait, while the two big "parts" involved, Grooby group on a side and Fastweb as the internet provider on the other, should hopefully find a positive resolution, looking for the real cause of the problem.
But I can't realistically ask to investigate on a total of 255 IPs and then wait for a quick response... I sent to Neil from Grooby here my IP and traceroute "trip" trying to help to find which of the internet servers is blocking the exchange of information with apparent no results...
Hope they at Grooby don't consider the matter as closed saying: ok done, it's a Fastweb matter, therefore if you unlucky Italian guys wanna have a "normal" access to our sites (that are not cheap uhu...) migrate to another better provider (that's not really so easy sometimes at least here in Italy, because of the contract rules as stated by many "offers") without verifying "who banned who" and really trying to find a positive solution.
For me it's not easy to express myself in a different language and it's not my business after all... and after a hard working day, I should relax a little instead of dealing with a matter that's not under my personal control... or better, as a Grooby subscriber, I could even consider it a good opportunity to save my money: everybody knows just in critical situations one should reconsider what are the real priorities in life, being wiser and even spending money consequently... :wink:

vandamme
05-22-2009, 02:59 AM
...just sent my traceroute results as kindly requested by Neil (from Grooby) lately, really hope this helps... :wink: