PDA

View Full Version : Roagin, or any other hair growth treatments . . .

silkencock
05-19-2009, 01:50 AM
So this is the deal: I have lost about a third of my natural head hair. Whenever I dress-up & go out, it is with a wig. I would love to be able to go back to just natural hair. So here is the question: Do any these hair-regrowth treatments really work? Has anyone tried anything that they can recomend, and if so, is the hair that grows in full or sparse? Does enough regrow to look like a full head of hair, or just minimize the bald?

TNX in advance.

francisfkudrow
05-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Rogaine works to some extent. When you first start using it, it works better. I have some hair on the top of my head, but if I didn't use Rogaine, I'd probably be bald. I hear it works better if you start using it before you're completely bald. If part of your head is already devoid of hair, it might not work.

JeniferTS
05-19-2009, 04:59 PM
My father is bald at the top of his head but has hair on the sides and back..He had a procedure done where they transfer hair/hair follicles to the top of his head(i forget the name of the procedure)..This was probably 5-7 years ago..He is still bald today so stick to the wigs or hats.

DaveinBoston
05-19-2009, 07:33 PM
My father is bald at the top of his head but has hair on the sides and back..He had a procedure done where they transfer hair/hair follicles to the top of his head(i forget the name of the procedure)..This was probably 5-7 years ago..He is still bald today so stick to the wigs or hats.

We call that procedure DOLL HAIR! DONT i repeat DONT DO THAT, u can see every strand of hair on the head and you will still look bald. None of these products work 100% your best bet is to go Au Natural, dont do the Horrible Horse Shoe either.

I fly alot for business and if you check out the Skymall magazine in the seatbacks, theres like 10 different hair loss products its crazy, but i assume they work because 75% of the guys i see flying are going through hair loss, so someone must be buying these products!

Most of them fly your hair to give you the illusion of more so that doesnt sound to helpful, i have friends that use rogaine to actually die there scalp so u cant see the skin, and i have some friends that keep a 3-4 on top and 1-2 on the sides and it helps cover the balding!

Not all look like "doll hair". The bad ones do. It's like the guy wearing a bad "rug". You can see him a mile away but the ones with a great expensive one, you have no clue.

Also, think of it like the lovely ladies on here. Put them into a room of unknowing men and they blend right in.

A good expensive transplant, blends right in. I have a friend who had that done. It cost him about $10k and it looked great but he has to take propecia the rest of his life. Also the rest of his hair continues to thin (slower because of the propecia though) The big problem is that the hair that is transplanted to cover balding areas stay but the other hair in that area, continues to fall out. Basically, you will continue to require transplant procedures.

Do as much research as you can and make the best decision for you

hwbs
05-19-2009, 07:34 PM
yeah u just got to go out with dignity and maybe not pull off the bald head but def take the close shave...i watched this thing on tv where they were cutting up his scalp and sewing back skin with hair....that dude was even more bald like 4 months later....they say with that rogaine that is does not show to last past 48 weeks....good luck !!!!

SarahG
05-19-2009, 07:56 PM
A DHT blocker will probably help some, because that's probably what's causing your hairloss in the first place.

silkencock
05-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the feedback . . .

MrsKellyPierce
05-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Rogaine works on eyebrows I used it when they shaved my eyebrows off for surgeries.

macjay18
05-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Hair replacement technology will work, but it is really costly and you will probably have to go in for treatments every few months or so (which you will pay for) for as long as you want hair....thats assuming you have M.P Baldness.

Solitary Brother
05-20-2009, 11:15 PM
I say just go bald.
Im a baldie.
Of course I shave it off.
Women love it.

jwb1384
05-21-2009, 11:44 PM
you may want to try procerin, its easy 2 pills in the morning and 2 at night. Doesn't really grow back hair but definetely maintains what u still have. Also take collagen supplements, these work great for the hair and skin.

woody45
05-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Within the last year or so, people are building their own laser helmet for hair regrowth. It's more cost effective than going to a laser clinic.
http://www.overmachogrande.com/
http://www.regrowth.com/

Shining Star
05-24-2009, 02:46 AM
Once a scalp hair follicule has shed and been "dead" for about two weeks, Propecia,Rogaine and the rest will have little or no effect in "regrowing" hair. Some hair may grow back, but it normally will be thin and rather sparse, nothing like a full head of hair.

The above is why hair treatments such as Propecia, and the lot are suggested to be started early, soon as one begins to see any sort of hair loss. These drugs work best at stopping or slowing down the balding process, rather than making hair grow again. Recall reading somewhere that once an area of the scalp has gone "shiney", and or smooth, with little or no visable hair follicules, then chances of regrowth are slim to none.

While it is possible to see hair regrowth with some of the above medications, again it is mainly because the follicule wasn't totally dead and could be reactivated. However once one stops taking these drugs, or even hormone treatment, balding will start right back up again.

If you are going to consider hair transplants, go to the best doctor you can afford, and try to find one what works with transgendered persons and or understands hormone treatment (if you are on them).

Hormones along with Propecia, DHT blockers and the lot will cause your scalp hair to grow differently, and transplanted hair will grow another way as well.

Personally, for what one may spend on really good hair transplant treatments, and various hair loss drugs, you *migh* be better off getting one or more really good professional lace front wigs. There are many, many famous persons women, men, and trans that are bald as a coot, yet in public look fantastic because of lace front wigs.

SS

Jericho
05-24-2009, 03:13 AM
Just let go and shave your head.
You won't believe how liberating it is until you do it! :lol: