PDA

View Full Version : free aids test in NYC results in 20 min

A_TALL_BROTHER1
05-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Free Aids test NYC
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/cas/1176795697.html

Here is the ad.

We offer free, confidential HIV Rapid testing (oral fluid or blood test--your choice). It only takes 20 minutes for results.

Additional services (all free) include: a copy of your HIV test results, syphilis screening, condoms and lube, smoking cessation (nicotine gum/patches), and individual counseling.

We also have low-cost sexual health services (STD testing and treatment) and HIV primary care.

Our clinic is conveniently located near Broadway and Canal, accessible by the NRQW, ACE, 6, and JMZ. We're open Monday through Friday, with later hours on Wednesday. Our clinic name is APICHA, and services are *confidential* and available to everyone regardless of insurance, citizenship, race, age, gender, etc. (you don’t have to be Asian!)

Please reply to this ad if you're interested!

Alyssa87
05-18-2009, 09:04 PM
awesome thread : )

alyssats
05-18-2009, 09:21 PM
wow in just 20 mins the hospital where i frequent usually a week to have the results

also Elisa AIDS test?

SarahG
05-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Just remember it often takes over 6 weeks after exposure for it to show up on tests. So if you had sex yesterday, it's not going to be able to tell you if you're still clean.

A_TALL_BROTHER1
05-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Just remember it often takes over 6 weeks after exposure for it to show up on tests. So if you had sex yesterday, it's not going to be able to tell you if you're still clean.

You can go every week if you want to it is free!!

A

SarahG
05-18-2009, 10:04 PM

You can go every week if you want to it is free!!

A

No argument there.

But if people don't know about the window period, they might think they're clean when they're not (which isn't good for anyone ;) ).

Alyssa87
05-18-2009, 10:06 PM

the clinician i see says its 3 months.
'window period'

fred41
05-18-2009, 11:22 PM
The N.Y.C.Dept.of Health also does free (and completely anonymous..if you so choose)HIV rapidtests.. again - it takes twenty minutes for the results and the counselors giving you the results will explain when you should go again. I use one in Queens all the time. Here's the link: http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/html/std/std2.shtml

SarahG
05-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Great thread, i used the Chelsea clinic got results in under an hr and it was very busy!

Does anyone know if HPV screening falls under the STD screening?

IDK if clinics do free HPV screening, but HPV is considered an STD if that's what you're asking.

Most men never show symptoms of HPV however, it's far more of a "GG's illness," the men will typically only be carriers.

The downside to the HPV injection is that it only protects you from getting HPV if you've never been exposed before. Once you've been exposed (and almost everyone in this country who has had sex has been), the vaccine does nothing for protection.

That's why if we really wanted to end HPV & the cervical cancer deaths it causes, what we need to do is start giving people the vaccine when they're young enough to not be having sex. But since it's not a one time only vaccine, that's prohibitively expensive, and since it involves children, the christians think that it would be encouraging underage sex (instead of admitting it would be saving their lives).

So women will continue to get cervical cancer and die from it until they find a vaccine that protects already exposed people.

TsVanessa69
05-19-2009, 01:43 AM
What you are describing is called a window period. The time it takes for the antibodies to dectect in the body after being exposed to the virus. The CORRECT period of time is actually 3 months. I was just certified as an HIV Prevention Counselor last Friday and have all the latest correct info.

Alyssa87
05-19-2009, 01:46 AM
What you are describing is called a window period. The time it takes for the antibodies to dectect in the body after being exposed to the virus. The CORRECT period of time is actually 3 months. I was just certified as an HIV Prevention Counselor last Friday and have all the latest correct info.

Then lets all say...
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t64/uryadone/congratulations12ot2.jpg

icarus2112
05-19-2009, 01:52 AM
So the window is now down to 3 months, always heard it was 6, new info is good. :)

TsVanessa69
05-19-2009, 01:54 AM

the clinician i see says its 3 months.
'window period'
That is the correct info.

addicted
05-19-2009, 04:25 AM
This is a lie, The HIV test is not accurate and should never be taken serious. Its junk science. get a bloodtest for std's if you want to check your bloodwork.

I bet a million dollars phobun will respond with some buttsore comment.

Alyssa87
05-19-2009, 04:29 AM
This is a lie, The HIV test is not accurate and should never be taken serious. Its junk science. get a bloodtest for std's if you want to check your bloodwork.

your comment seems kinda 'buttsore'.

i know you think youre helping ppl here with info.

but it comes off as you being bitter and frustrated about so many ppl trusting the ora-sure/quick swab testing.

your comment about phobun also seems like baiting. which is something a buttsore individual does.

fred41
05-19-2009, 06:48 AM

Did you ever take the test? Honestly?

addicted
05-19-2009, 06:49 AM
all that sideways shit means nothing the main thing is the test is false. A lot of people wont accept it because they are stuck in their ways. thats all it comes down to people just being conditiioned to believe in this fraud known as mainstream science.

addicted
05-19-2009, 09:20 PM
why take a test that gives a false reading?

Alyssa87
05-19-2009, 09:37 PM

its freggin fun.

dgs925
05-19-2009, 09:46 PM

Please cite your peer-reviewed sources where they show this. Or did this info come from your lab where you do these tests?

flabbybody
05-19-2009, 09:47 PM

are you a physician or scientist?
state facts and plz explain your statement

Then we can judge for ourselves as to weather your opinion is an informed conclusion or jus more cyber BS

BLKGSXR
05-19-2009, 09:49 PM

are you a physician or scientist?
state facts and plz explain your statement

Then we can judge for ourselves as to weather your opinion is an informed conclusion or jus more cyber BS :lol:

addicted
05-20-2009, 04:40 AM
the cdc is utterly corrupt and so is mainstream science not the mention the pharmicutical jerkoff lowlifes. Do you believe paid off companies posting articles about how the hiv is legit. I am just gonna give links to gary null and his efforts over the years to expose these crooks and their junk science. My prrof the the failure of mainstream science and all the billions they have stolen wioth zero results.

Floyd R
05-20-2009, 04:59 AM
LOL@ Gary Null. If you can't do better than refer to a quack to substantiate your ideas then just admit that you have no real proof.

the cdc is utterly corrupt and so is mainstream science not the mention the pharmicutical jerkoff lowlifes. Do you believe paid off companies posting articles about how the hiv is legit. I am just gonna give links to gary null and his efforts over the years to expose these crooks and their junk science. My prrof the the failure of mainstream science and all the billions they have stolen wioth zero results.