PDA

View Full Version : Do celebrities who quit pot go crazy ?

blacktgirls
05-16-2009, 06:56 AM
You have probably heard the rumors about two famous comedians who went crazy after they quit the chronic . They are each very well known from their Comedy Central tv shows and specials . It is an interesting subject and there is a shitload of studies to support the rumors about these comedians . What are your thoughts on the subject ? ............. http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/viewanswers.asp?questionID=220

Nowhere
05-16-2009, 07:01 AM
You have probably heard the rumors about two famous comedians who went crazy after they quit the chronic . They are each very well known from their Comedy Central tv shows and specials . It is an interesting subject and there is a shitload of studies to support the rumors about these comedians . What are your thoughts on the subject ? ............. http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/viewanswers.asp?questionID=220

I think that ANYONE who changes the chemical balance in their head substantially poses the risk of going a little nuts. I'm not against pot, mind you, but if the body and mind becomes accustomed to anything and you rip it away, there will be an affect to it. The guy who shot up NIU a year or two ago went off his meds shortly before he did it. People who go cold turkey from even smoking can get sick from it.

All I'm saying is that something drastic is pretty much expected for a good portion of the population. People will be strongly affected by it, which going crazy is one of many possible outcomes.

Nowhere
05-16-2009, 07:01 AM
dp

giovanni_hotel
05-16-2009, 07:12 AM
Okay, Dave Chappelle, but who's the other one?

Folks act like powerful psychotropic marijuana is harmless, shit that can make you bad trip almost like 'shrooms or acid, but I firmly believe if you smoke that sticky homegrown Humboldt County weed on the daily, it can permanently alter your brain chemistry.

I won't say Chappelle went'crazy', but I bet smoking super strong weed almost every day altered his general perspective on life.

Remember, he left in part because he felt the show's producers wanted him to do more comedy that he now felt was insulting to Blacks because White people were laughing at it, because he swore they didn't get the meaning behind the joke.

When your witty comedy riffs/ social satire routines, in your mind, suddenly become Sartre/ Kafka-esque philosophical social analysis meant to be appreciated only by a select few, then yes, that would be a problem.

blacktgirls
05-16-2009, 07:17 AM
i don't mean going on a shooting spree crazy , just the kind of crazy of not showing up for road gigs or going on Oprah to explain why you quit your show crazy.

blacktgirls
05-16-2009, 07:24 AM
i won't name names but a real short comedian with alot of pimposity has be not showing up for gigs.

mimiplastique
05-16-2009, 07:53 AM
THIS IS A very funny topic you bring up . I smoke really great weed every day . i have been trying to quit and wean myself off slowly .
I FEEL PAINS , GO THROUGH PANIC , I GET VERY DIZZY, I OFTEN FEEL SHORT OF BREATH AND THINK I AM GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK OR STROKE ...
I REALLY REALLY WANT TO STOP ...
I HAVE MADE IT MY NINE TO FIVE EVER SINCE AUGUST AFTER I GOT MY BREAST IMPLANTS .
I CAN QUIT COLD TURKEY BUT I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN .

blacktgirls
05-16-2009, 08:11 AM
THIS IS A very funny topic you bring up . I smoke really great weed every day . i have been trying to quit and wean myself off slowly .
I FEEL PAINS , GO THROUGH PANIC , I GET VERY DIZZY, I OFTEN FEEL SHORT OF BREATH AND THINK I AM GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK OR STROKE ...
I HAVE MADE IT MY NINE TO FIVE EVER SINCE AUGUST AFTER I GOT MY BREAST IMPLANTS .
I CAN QUIT COLD TURKEY BUT I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN . i only smoked pot 3 times in high school the last time gave me heart palpitations and that was it . i threw up for half a day and got a bad headache after drinking and that was it. i personally never delt with a substance abuse problems but the reference to the " the really great weed every day " part might be a place to start a change in thinking. maybe you should get some really bad shit weed.

AmyDaly
05-16-2009, 08:19 AM
I doubt it lol... I did it in highschool a lot and then stopped for a long time and didn't feel a thing.

mimiplastique
05-16-2009, 08:19 AM
I CAN QUIT COLD TURKEY BUT I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN . i only smoked pot 3 times in high school the last time gave me heart palpitations and that was it . i threw up for half a day and got a bad headache after drinking and that was it. i personally never delt with a substance abuse problems but the reference to the " the really great weed every day " part might be a place to start a change in thinking. maybe you should get some really bad shit weed.

oh baby i am at a point now when i think all weed is horrible . so bad weed will not change anything other than piss me off

blacktgirls
05-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Gotta Check Into Rehab, .....that would make the best Celebrity Rehab ever all of last seasons celebrities returning and Mimi....or Sober House with Mimi

lorddigitalhighfixer
05-16-2009, 12:29 PM
i smoked 4-6g a day of BC lemon hashplant, purple kush and ak47 bubblehash for about 5yrs. quit due to not growing anymore and never had a problem whereas it took years to quit cigarettes and I still crave nicotine once in awhile. weed ftw

BiCuriousGeorge
05-16-2009, 06:26 PM
The other celeb I believe they were talking about is Katt Williams. As far as going crazy from it, if you smoke some strong shit it can mess with you. I smoke weed just about everyday and I never have a problem cuz I stick to generally the same type. It's not super weed, it's just regular stuff that is about 3 or 4 times less money. Everybody has a different reaction to weed. It's healthier than cigarettes too.

blacktgirls
05-17-2009, 02:42 AM
The other celeb I believe they were talking about is Katt Williams. As far as going crazy from it, if you smoke some strong shit it can mess with you. I smoke weed just about everyday and I never have a problem cuz I stick to generally the same type. It's not super weed, it's just regular stuff that is about 3 or 4 times less money. Everybody has a different reaction to weed. It's healthier than cigarettes too.you might want to google health effects from long term marijuana use....... here's just one link.....http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/evidence99/marijuana/Health_1.html

TsVanessa69
05-17-2009, 03:18 AM
It it wasn't for pot, I WOULD go crazy!

popperluv
05-17-2009, 03:26 AM
I only smoke when I'm alone or with somebody :wink:

TsVanessa69
05-17-2009, 03:29 AM
I only smoke when I'm alone or with somebody :wink:
weed and poppers is good too :wink: :wink:

eclipsemint
05-17-2009, 03:41 AM
Do people abuse drugs because they're crazy to start with. Or do they go crazy because they take drugs. (Insert addictive and obsessive personality traits here.)

You'd have to be a little crazy to want to be a celebrity. You have to be a little bit weird and different just so people will find you interesting. For example, I am not turned off by Lady Gaga's antics, I find them intriguing.

Entertainers who find success have more opportunity, more disposable cash, and more pressures which makes drugs an easy out. It would take a very strong character to resist taking on a drugs or alcohol habit.

Maybe the drugs suppress the expression of craziness because they are subdued while their high. Take away the suppression and the craziness pops out all over the place for all to see.

Sinister
05-17-2009, 04:12 AM
I been smoking since I was 13 and never really considered quitting. one thing i noticed is that now with me being in my early twenties i take breaks (like a month...ok more like a few weeks). Helps keep me balanced, but as mimi stated, once u start smoking that good shit anything else will piss u off (don't fuck with that charlie brown lol). But i think it depends on the person, if it's a dependent then the effects can be greater than the casual smoker. but anytime u wanna get up and smoke mimi let me know lol :P

blacktgirls
05-20-2009, 02:55 AM
i would think that the fact that blunts weaken the immune system putting the user more at risk for contracting STDs including HIV would be enough incentive to quit for good.